- 48 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
* SEE VIRTUAL TOURS OF EACH ROOM INSIDE & OUT *
by clicking the link below.
Persistence is a 1988 Ocean 48 Super Sport with the preferred three stateroom, two head layout that is tastefully updated with new interior wall-covering and most softgoods in 2011. She has been lightly cruised and rarely fished; an excellent example of this versatile and popular yacht. Powered by low-hour re-built Detroit Diesel 6-71TIB 485hp engines, and a equipped with a 11 Kw Westerbeke Generator, 250 gallon-per-day Sea Recovery Offshore watermaker, full suite of electronics updated in 2010, including a Furuno Navnet Vx2 GPS/Chartplotter/48 mi.Open Array Radar, Raymarine A50D Fish Finder, Standard Horizon Matrix GS2000 VHF w. DSC, plus a new Simrad AP28 autopilot, Nautical Structures 800 lb. dinghy davit, Rupp outriggers, extra freezer, and extensive spare parts inventory, Persistence is ready to go cruising or fishing. The Plexi windscreen and fully-enclosed flybridge Bimini with vinyl windows were replaced in 2010.
UPDATE: In early 2013, fresh bottom-paint and all running gear inspected and serviced, and June 2013, salon and forward A/C systems replaced along with remote evaporators, plus new cockpit coaming cushions. Turn-Key Ready to Go!
Call today to schedule a personal inspection; you won't be disappointed!
- Total Power: 2@ 485hp Max Speed: 26 kts. +
- Fuel: 580 gal. (U.S.) Fresh Water: 150 gal. (U.S.) Holding: approx. 50 gal. (U.S.)
- Wide cockpit coamings with new coaming pads (2013) and a large transom door leading to the swim platform make boarding easy. Enter the Main salon through the glass and teak door to the starboard side of the spacious cockpit with custom Sunbrella Awning extending aft from Flybridge providing shade and comfort to the cockpit area. The large L-shaped salon settee sofabed with with new fabric is to port and aft, with high/ low varnished solid teak cofee table with two leafs, and the entertainment center and TV built into the varnished teak cabinetry are forward to port. A free standing lounge chair is to starboard with a stand-alone freezer that doubles as a side table in the salon, followed by the galley bar counter with several bar stools. Salon and forward A/C systems were replaced in June (2013). The U-Shaped galley is forward to starboard in the salon and includes updated dual Sanyo refrigerators and a trash compactor, in addition to the SS sink, propane stove and oven, and microwave located above the sink with plenty of varnished teak cabinets, drawers and built-in teak utensile and spice racks. Moving forward, the washer/ dryer is located under the hinged stairs leading to the three staterooms and two heads forward. The comfortable Guest SR is to starboard with upper and lower crossover twin berths, teak cabinetry and drawers under the lower berth providing plenty of storage. Opposite is the VIP SR with twin berths with a filler that converts to a queen size berth, night table in the middle, a large cedar-lined hanging locker and varnished teak lockers are on both sides of the beds. There is private access to the Head forward. Moving forward to the Master Suite, the ensuite Master Head, with teak and holley flooring is to starboard with separate enclosed shower stall including deck hatch for ventilation, vanity with sink and electric toilet and plenty of teak drawers and cabinets for extended stays onboard. Opposite is the Guest Head with similar configuation. All the way forward is the Master Stateroom with walk-around Queen berth with (2) hanging lockers and plenty of cabinets for storage. The spacious and fully-enclosed flybridge (Enclosure replaced in 2010) with a custom fiberglass hardtop is accessed from a teak-trimmed SS ladder on the port side of the cockpit and features comfortable seating for your entire crew and guests with a birds-eye view of your surroundings. There are companion Pompanette Navigator chairs on either side of the Pompanette helm chair and padded seating running the length of the starboard side of the flybridge as well as in front of the helm. Visibility is excellent from the upper helm seat, both fore and aft.
- Galley and Wet Bar
- The galley has been recently updated and is well-equipped for extended cruising, with a watermaker, two refrigerators, ice maker, and top-loading chest separate freezer, as well as plenty of counter-space. Sharp Carousel microwave. (2) Sanyo refrigerators. Kenmore chest freezer. Avanti ice-maker. SS sink. Teak cabinetry & drawers. Princess 3-burner propane stove & oven. Roper trash compactor. Perma-Pub drink dispenser.
- Electronics and Navigation
- This 1988 Ocean 48 Super Sport is well-equipped with updated electronics to ensure safe and comfortable cruising, as well as raising fish when you decide to have fish for dinner. 4" Ritchie Compass. Furuno Navnet VX2 GPS/Chartplotter/Radar 12" Color Display. Simrad AP28 Autopilot (2010). Furuno 48 mile Open Array Radar. Datamarine Digital Depth finder. Standard Horizon Matrix GS2000 VHF w. DSC. Datamarine Navigator Speed/Log. Raymarine A50D fish finder (2010). DiTech SeaTemp indicator. Si-Tex 955 Loud Hailer.
- Electrical and Plumbing
- Persistence is well-equipped for extended cruising in remote areas so you can be self-sufficient and comfortable, whether at a marina or anchored out. 11 Kw Westerbeke Generator. Guest Spotlight w. Remote at helm. Simpson Lawrence Windlass. Salon & Forward A/C Systems replaced 6/13.
- Deck and Exterior
- This 1988 Ocean 48 Super Sport is clean and updated. Simpson Lawrence vertical wildcat/capstan windlass. Plow Anchor with Chain and 5/8" Nylon rode. Teak Anchor Pulpit. Cockpit Coamings with 6 recessed SS rod holders. Cockpit Coaming Pads Replaced (2013) (6) Rocket Launchers aft of flybridge. Rupp OutRiggers (2010). Cockpit Tackle Center with bait freezer, sink & drawers. Nautical Structures 800# Dinghy Davit Lift mounted on Foredeck.
- Engine & Mechanical
- The twin Detroit Diesel 6-71TIB 485hp engines have 1,000 hours SMOH. Previous owner of 12 years reported he rarely ran engines over 1400 RPMs and last engine survey found them to be strong and running at or near manufacturer's specifications throughout full RPM range during an extensive sea trial. The engine room is clean and well-maintained, and all recommendations made by the SAMS Certified Marine Surveyor were followed. Twin Detroit DD 6-71TIB @ 485hp. Glendenning Engine Synchronizers. Glendenning Cablemaster Electrical Cable winding system. Morse Hydraulic Engine Controls. Bennett Trim Tabs.
- Other Features
- Avanti washing machine. Central Vac System. Kenmore dryer. (2) Direct TV Satellite Receivers.
- Owner's personal items and any items on the vessel not specifically identified in the listing inventory as it appears on Central Agent's website are excluded.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- VIRTUAL TOURS at http://www.yacht360tours.com/ocean48/