Many day sailing choices exist today but none combine an exciting modern, high performance design with the look and feel of luxury throughout. From her carbon encased lead keel, epoxy vacuum bag laminated hull and real teak deck to the latest technology Hall Spars mast system the CrossCurrent 33 Day Racer by Maxi Dolphin is a head turner in all respects.
Capable of beating the fleet around any race course she also can provide a spirited or docile day sail with family or friends – or even an easy single handed sail. No wind and a pressing schedule commitment. Start up her Yanmar and approach 10 knots in diesel powered get there quick mode.
Seduction, Speed, Style... Half of retail replacement cost!
- Max Draft: 7.2' Displacement: 4500
- Total Power: 21
- Fuel: 29 Gal. (U.S.) Fresh Water: 29 Gal. (U.S.) Holding: No
- Hull and deck built utilizing female molds with vacuum bagged epoxy resin E-glass biaxial and PVC foam core laminations. Longitudinal and transversal reinforcements constructed with carbon unidirectional and E-glass biaxial pre-preg material laminated to the hull with epoxy resin. Keel carbon structure supports a lead bulb and is fixed to the hull by a composite cone-shaped box allowing easy disassembly, transportation, and reassembly without faring.
- Exterior hull and deck is finished with white gel coat. Above waterline the Akzo Nobel Sikkens epoxy paint system is used featuring extensive color choices including metallic and clear coat combinations for a rugged, long lasting, low maintenance finish. Interior hull and deck are painted white. Bilges are painted gray. Deck is covered with hand selected high quality teak glued using epoxy resin and caulked with black elastic seam compound.
- Custom Hall Spars carbon mast, lightweight EZV boom and custom designed standing and running rigging package. 135 tapered carbon section, 34-700 standard modulus pre-preg carbon fiber autoclave cured at 85 PSI @ 250 degrees F. Clear Awlgrip finish. Carbon fiber masthead with two Gibb tang attachment points for optional removable top mast backstays. Carbon fiber boom and vang goosenecks with stainless steel bushings. Harken system A mainsail luff track. Two sets of 30 degree swept back airfoil tapered aluminum spreaders with black Awlgrip finish. Navtec series 500, L 400 tip cups, C550 turnbuckles, Nitronic 50 rod material. Carbon V Boom section with taper, Nomex female molded. Plastic track for main sail cover allowing easy sail deployment and storage. Black anodized custom length Hall B-12 Quik Vang.
- Cockpit and Steering
- Open transom, teak covered deck with simple clean control layout. Clear coated carbon footrests. Center gas strut assisted hatchs for storage, portable cooler and battery access. Stern mounted folding stainless and teak swim ladder and storage cover. Steering Carbon rudder shaft built using vacuum bag laminated unidirectional and biaxial carbon materials. Rudder blade has PVC core, carbon covered and laminated on a female mold. Rudder tube contains Solimar roller bearings and is laminated to the hull and deck. Custom carbon tiller with Spinlock extension.
- Deck Fittings
- Extensive use of Harken deck hardware including self-tailing winches, jib roller furler, main sheet traveler system, jib traveler track, blocks, cam cleats. Recessed side deck halyard and reefing system with Spinlock jammers. Bow and stern pull up dock cleats. Stern mounted removable carbon flagpole. Aft deck padeyes for optional removable backstay system. Carbon bowsprit with deployment hardware and running rigging. 25mm (1 inch) stainless steel pulpits and stanchions fixed to deck with stainless mounting points. Stainless rod life lines with internal turnbuckle. Six Backsider Sunbrella covered life line pads. Self-draining clear cockpit hatch and drop board with teak handle and detachable locking system.
- Bow and side bunks with Dallas Leathertouch marine grade fabric. V berth concealed removable head. Clear-coated carbon composite companionway, floorboards and trim. Three LED powered carbon covered interior lights. ENTERTAINMENT Four Bose 301 marine speakers installed, pre-wired and painted per customer chosen hull color.
- Yanmar 3YM20C sail drive with folding Gori two blade propeller. Yanmar cockpit control panel and Spinlock winch handle throttle control. Vetus exhaust box and carbon exhaust tube with stern in-water exit, and engine room sound insulation provides low noise operation.
- Electrical Equipment
- Twin bank with 105 amp Exide no-maintenance marine grade batteries. 120VAC shore power connection and 12VDC battery charging system. LED lit cabin electric service and circuit breaker panel. Navigation and Windex lighting system. Cockpit hatch accessible Waeco Coolfreeze 37 liter (10 gallon) portable 12VDC and 120/240VAC refrigerator. Two flush mounted LED keel lights. Two EZV boom LED deck lights.
- Manual Henderson compact bilge pump in cockpit with movable hose intake below deck. Rule electric bilge pumps in engine room and main cabin sump. Fresh water shower in port aft cockpit wall operated by Whale electric pump served by 110 liters (29 gallon) tank.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.