- 35 (ft.)
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
JUST REDUCED $10,000.00!
Many of the Down East-style production boats in the water today were designed by the Lowell brothers, including Royal’s Bruno and Stillman 35. Both Lowells remained active throughout their lives, producing the lines that defined a wide range of rugged working boats and yachts from 8 to 100 feet, vessels well-regarded for their comfort and steadiness underfoot in heavy weather.
The Lowell family’s roots in the Maine boatbuilding tradition run deep. Will Frost was one of the pioneers through the first half of the 20th century, designing and building everything from lobster boats and draggers to rumrunners and commuter yachts. Riley Lowell was his head man and son-in-law, in that order chronologically, learning the trade and passing the torch to his sons, Royal and Carroll Lowell, both of whom developed reputations as designers and boatbuilders.
Initially utilized as a commercial lobster boat from her delivery in New Hampshire until 1985 when she was then pressed into service as a marine research vessel and has been in research since then. The research projects that she was used for included an inshore Shrimp By Catch Study. Her custom rigging were fabricated to pull paired nets and the back portion of the frames were used for hauling heavy catch loads or working bags. Powered by a single Detroit 6V53TT generating 310 horsepower and 1400 SMOH. We have determined that the engine is NOT OPERATIONAL at this time and therefore the vessel is being sold as is. Budgetary contraints do not allow for the repair of the engine. She has not been started in approximately 8 months and will not turn over at this time.
- Fiberglass molded construction; Headroom 6ft; Hatch size 19 1/4" x 19 1/4"; Four port hole windows; Cabin lights; Crash bulkhead that serves as a rope locker; Two V-birth bunks length 6'8" In her present state the cabin is representative of a typical commerical vessel. Offer the most basic of accomodations and plenty of shelves for equipment storage. This area could be updated depending on the utilization needs of the vessel.
- Main Deck
- On Deck Non-skid fiberglass deck surface; a single oval deck hatch 15X24 for access to the stuffing box and lazerette; Stainless Steel pad for Anchor with chain. . Measurements: Aft of wheelhouse to stern: 14'3" 11'11" to wheelhouse overhang Washrail inside diameter 7 1/2" Washrail outside diameter 9 1/4" Sterndeck length 32" Freeboard at helm 22 1/2" Freeboard at midway point on deck 21 1/2" Freeboard at stern 24" Wheelhouse Solid fiberglass molded construction. Stainless steel screwed frame with safety glass windows (with wipers); 2 lights; Single bronze ram steering system, Hynautic self contained hydraulic steering. Stainless steel destroyer helm wheel located on starboard side. Morse engine controls, Airguide control cables. Measurements: Bulkhead location 19'7" from stern Bulkhead height at helm 47" Bulkhead to back of wheelhouse 5'3" Depth of bulkhead 28" Headroom at helm 6'4"
- Electronics & Navigation
- The electronics are stored and protected with a lockable cabinet at the helm towards the centerline. These items included the following: Si-Tex AVS-107 Color Sounder / Fish Raytheon R-40X Raster Scan Radar Standard Horizon Eclipse VHF External Remote VHF Speaker Ritchie Powerdamp 6" Compass
- Working Deck
- Aft of wheelhouse to stern: 14'3" 11'11" to wheelhouse overhang Washrail inside diameter 7 1/2" Washrail outside diameter 9 1/4" Sterndeck length 32" Freeboard at helm 22 1/2" Freeboard at midway point on deck 21 1/2" Freeboard at stern 24" The custom designed and fabricated riggers have been utilized to pull paired nets and the rear portion to pull heavy loads such as working bags or loaded nets. Boston Hydraulic Winch System. There is a manual clutch lever adjacent to the helm at the centerline which engages the PTO (power take off) which powers both the rigger hydraulics and the washdown systems. There is a large oval Bomar hatch aft on the deck at the centerline for access to the cockpit lazerette. There is 12" Pot Hauler with aluminum backing plate and stainless steel shives with steel liners. Fiberglass sheathing at hauling station. Consistent with all 35 Bruno Stillman's the under deck consists of plywood decking glassed over and painted; Two fiberglass fuel tanks port and starboard aft of engine; Two bronze through hull fittings, port for engine starboard for pumps. One transducer located midship on port side.
- Engine Compartment
- Detroit 6V53TT Turbo diesel engine. Heat exchanged engine cooling. Raycor water separator fuel filter. Engine is soft mounted engine mounts fiberglass reinforced stringers. Sound down is limited to engine box cover. Exhaust system with insulating covers. In June 2000, the top half of the engine was reworked and there is approximately 500 hours of usage since that time. Turbos, Exhaust Elbows and Risers were replaced at that time There are three (3) bilge pumps one located in cabin, another in engine compartment. and the third in the aft bilge. 1 1/4" Jabsco belt driven engine mounted water pump (no clutch). One Perko raw water strainer for engine mounted pump. The hydraulic system delivers 200 ft lbs to the warner electric clutch at 24 GPM and there is a 12 gallon hydraulic reservoir tank. The running gear consists of a 2" stainless steel shaft. Inside stuffing box and outside cutlass bearing. 3- blade bronze propeller diameter 21 x 20 RH; Fiberglass rudder. Stainless steel skeg.
- Electrical System
- 12 Volt electrical system with 14 gauge marine grade wiring in fair condition; 1 battery switch; 2 size 8D batteries; One breaker with a total of 6 switches; 1 Amp meter, 1 Volt meter. There is also a newer Tripp Lite PV Power Inverter DC AC Inverter located in the cabin.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Interested parties can click on this link <a href="http://www.affiniti-yacht.com">35’ Bruno Stillman Downeast Lobster Boat 1979 Streaming Video</a> and proceed to the ""In House" Listing Section to view videos of this fine vessel along with additional photographs. Depending on your Internet connection (Dial up or DSL) the loading of these videos could take several minutes. Discover the Affiniti Advantage!