$60,000 in improvements and updates in the past 6 months!
Updated electrical system, recent survey!
Chance of a lifetime to own an American Classic that has been fully refurbished, cared for and maintained.
- Total Power: 125 ea. Cruising Speed: 10 knts Max Speed: 12 knts
- Fuel: 240 Fresh Water: 250 Holding: 40
- OVERALL IMPRESSION
- The elegant Crown Goose is a fine example of Elco's rich yacht building history that lead American and European icons of the early 1900's to only own the finest example of yachting for the time period. Crown Goose has been meticulously restored and true to the 1937 era of mahogany trim and Art Deco furnishings.
- INTERIOR LAYOUT
- The Commuter was originally designed for ferrying a crew and 4-6 guests with ample room for enjoying the fine amenities of such a vessel. Forward stateroom consist of two bunks to starboard and fine wooden drawer and basin to port. The full beam galley is aft of the forward cabin and spacious enough for a full sized stainless sink, Princess stove, full size refrigerator/freezer, microwave and cabinetry. Access to the engine room is from within the galley. The breaker panel is to port where classic steps and handrail lead up to the main salon. The real beauty and appreciation for Elco’s finish work can be found in the main salon. Access from the deck is via doors on either side of the salon. Panoramic views are throughout the main salon with windows extending the full length as well as forward. Classic furnishings inside the main salon consist of mahogany trim cabinetry, full size bar, original drop leaf table and twin upholstered armchairs. From within the main salon you step down into the companionway leading to additional staterooms. Moving aft from the main salon are guest cabins to port and starboard, each consisting of a single bunk, cabinetry, finish work and original port windows to the outside. Aft of the two staterooms to the port is the guest head and master head to the starboard. Furthest aft of the interior is an elegant master stateroom with twin berths port and starboard, mahogany chest, 3 section mirror and hanging closet.
- EXTERIOR FLOORPLAN
- Forward on the bow deck one would fine original hardware that is true to the beauty Elco incorporated in finest yachts of American history in the first half of the 1900’s. The fore-deck has a classic cockpit seat with artful upholstery fitting the time period of this vessel. Aft of the cockpit seat are matching teak sunchairs. The helm consist of an open flybridge with beautifully restored and maintained hardware. The oversized compass and lever controls confirm the care and restoration process found in the Crown Goose. A tan sunbrella tarp protects the crew and held fast with teak batons and chrome plated tubing. Overhead is the mast. Aft of the helm deck is an open sundeck housing an original dockbox and sunning chair to starboard and 1935 classic dingy (9') and davit to port. The aft deck is open and spacious with sunbrella covering matching the helm’s tarp and cover. Seating consist of classic furnishing true to the Elco heritage.
- RESTORATION DETAILS
- 3/4" Teak Decks Mahogany Transom All galvanized material removed and replaced with silicon bronze fasteners 8KW Perkins generator Deck hardware, interior lighting, and running lights are original bronze; Freshly chrome plated Rebuilt and installed 50 amp, 3 bank charger Rebuilt Detroit 453 diesel engines Rebuilt and installed Borg Warner Velvet drive 2.5 to 1 transmission Morris throttle cables Hynautic steering system All new electrical wiring installed and specified to ABYC standards Rebuilt rudder framing Electrical panels (3) 30 amp services Full sized Norcold-Wilcox electric head in master suite New holding tank with 40 gallon storage with all related piping and valve to deck pump and overboard discharge New 240 gallon CG approved fuel tank epoxy coated with filters, piping and valves
- MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT/ENGINE ROOM
- Twin Detroit 453's at 125 HP each Borg Warner's Velvet Drive Transmissions Reconditioned running gear, shaft logs, rudders and Michagan props Racor fuel filters Perkins 8KW generator - installed in 2005 with custom ss beds 12 gallon water heater All new electrical and plumbing done in 2002 to ABYC standards
- DECK EQUIPMENT
- Custom lounge seating on bridge deck Custom fabric for helm seat Covers for house, rails, deck boxes and helm 9' wooden dingy built in 1935 Yachtsman anchor and nylon rode 25 lb Danforth anchor Original anchor winch and davit (8) Type 1 life jackets Throw ring with line
- ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
- 75 AH engine alternator Professional Mariner 3 bank battery charger GFI type outlets 12 Volt DC systems 110 AC (3) 30-amp panels Batteries(4) D's, (1)xType 27 for Genset
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.