Call for Price!
The Viking 42 Open is big on accommodations and performance. It combines the efficiency and maneuverability of the Cummins/Zeus pod drive system with Viking's design mastery in both fishing layout and interior design.
Spacious and well appointed, this two stateroom boat is best in class. Down a set of teak steps to the salon and galley, you'll find the same attention to detail found aboard larger Vikings with hand-finished high-gloss teak joinery throughout, ample maple-lined stowage cabinetry, a polished Corian countertop, and premium appliances.
The forward air-conditioned master stateroom is enhanced with a queen-size berth and private access to the head with a fiberglass shower stall. A second air-conditioned stateroom with 6 ft. 3 in. headroom is aft beneath the command deck with large side-by-side berths, a night table, and twin locker stowage.
Just steps away from the cockpit, the command bridge is versatile and attractive with a fiberglass wraparound windshield providing excellent visibility at the center console helm. Single lever electronic controls are silky smooth and engage effortlessly. A recessed compartment to starboard, houses the Zeus joy-stick control which intuitively connects you to the engines for uncanny maneuverability.
The split observation mezzanine in the 120 square-foot cockpit conceals insulated stowage compartments beneath the cushions. Quick engine access is provided through a hatch on the command deck, and via a command deck hydraulic lift for total accessibility from the cockpit. Port and starboard molded-in insulated fish boxes and a walk-through transom door with lift gate are standard.
Vessel equipped with Palm Beach Tuna Tower and upgraded Cummins/Zeus Pod 600hp engines.
- Two stateroom, One head layout Ablative/Copolymer anti-fouling bottom paint, 2 coats, primed Awlgrip engine room, lazzarette, forward bilge and anchor locker Blister resistant modified epoxy resin in entire hull skin Custom blended polyester resin used in structural laminates, topsides, bridges, and hardtops Fiberglass side thru-hulls Hatch, Bomar, foredeck hatch with Ocean Air screen shade system High performance isophthalic gelcoat npg superior gloss, flexibility and outstanding weathering characteristics Hull bottom - vacuum bagged end-grain balsa core Hull interior, isophthalic gelcoat top-coated with a durable high gloss polyurethane coating Hull-Resin infused cored composite construction, used end-grain balsa and closed cell foam cores in selected areas Infused fiberglass fuel and freshwater tanks with fiberglass baffles inside balsa coring in sides for stiffness, sealed to the hull with resin foam Laminated end-grain balsa core in hull side and topsides Molded fiberglass command deck/engine room ceiling with foam core for accoustical and thermal insulation Nonskid molded in for traction and durability Stringers, fiberglass encapsulated foam Vacuum bagged composite bulkheads - Main engine room bulkhead, intermediate engine room bulkheads
- Aft facing dual propeller pods with stainless steel propellers Air conditioning - direct expansion zoned with reverse cycle heat for complete climate control throughout the interior Bilge pumps linked into moitoring system and connected to float switches for automatic and manual operation D/C pressurized freshwater system with on deck freshwater fill and cockpit dockside supply inlet with pressure reducing valve Dockside and overboard pump out for holding tank Engines, Cummins QSC-600 (upgrade) Engine room ventilation system with supply and discharge fans for proper fresh air supply and water intrusion suppression Fire suppression system, automatically or manually operated and tied into main engine and generator ignition systems with override Freshwater supply in engine room for general maintenance and cleaning Fuel and oil lines, flexible, steel reinforced USCG approved Fuel priming pumps Hour meters on main engines and generator Hydraulic actuated steering Idle and low speed exhaust relief for reduced vibration and cleaner wake at low speeds and trolling Integrated trim tabs with auto trim control Internal sea strainers for generator, air conditioning and all other seawater pick ups - awlgriped white Internal sea strainers for main engine pick ups Joystick control for low speed maneuvering and docking Mufflers - generator, lift muffler with gas water separator for cleaner, quieter operation PEX plumbing, freshwater system plumbing with manifold system shut off in engine room and forward bilges "Precision pilot" auto pilot Racor fuel water separators for main engines and generator clear bowl type, top loading for easier maintenance - includes vacuum gauge for fuel filter restriction - awlgrip white Seacocks, bronze, ball-type sea valves and strainers for all thru-hulls below the water line - awlgriped white Smart craft vessel view displays Trolling valves Water heater quick recovery, electric Oil Change system for engines and generator (upgrade)
- 24V DC ship's service throughout 24V/12V power supply with breakers on flybridge for future electronics 110V outlet in engine room on aft bulkhead Anchor light/navigation lights Batteries, (2) independent 24V banks mounted in fiberglass storage boxes Battery chargers, (2) with thermal cutoff and switching system for complete integration Battery distribution panel wtih battery cutoff and charging system breakers Battery parallel system for mai engines and generator start Bonded electrical system with ground plate Color-coded, labeled and numbered wiring system with corresponding drawings Engine room lights, DC with switch at helm Generator, Diesel - 12kW Instrument panel lights for flybridge and mai electric panel Lighting, overhead recessed in ceiling and rope type decor lights, 24V, throughout Master electrical control panel located in salon with 12/24V and 120/220V circuit breakers, individual switching for shore 1, or generator supply and gauges for electrical supply, voltmeter, ampmeter, and frequency Phone cable is CAT-5 to accommodate current data phone systems Receptacles, 120V duplex with GFCI throughout Voltage stabilizer isolation transformer for more consistent, cleaner voltage
- Command Deck
- Controls: Pod mounted single lever electronic controls with station select and keypad (upgrade) Center console helm full walk around raised for improved visibility with recessed electronic box Fiberglass helm pod (upgrade) Helm A/C (upgrade) Engine room access hatch with ladder to engine room Fire system control with automatic and manual discharge and override system located at console Furuno RD-33 depth finder/sea temperature gauge and ICOM 504 VHF radio Handrails, powder-coated aluminum effectively positioned at helm Upgraded Marine Helm seat with stainless steel pedestal along with two companion seat upgrade Instrumentation based on standard engine package, lighted with switches in radio box Insulated soda box with lid located in starboard aft cabinet Lighted compass, flush mounted on centerline Manual engine shutdown switches at cabinet in console Nonskid deck molded for traction and durability Offshore systems with audible and visible alarms: fire, engine room temperature, high bilge water, high exhaust temperature, and generator as well as confirming correct system operation Port and Starboard bench seating with vinyl cushions and lift tops with gas pistons and storage underneath, fabric upgrade Recessed radio box, large radio box on port side of console with switch panel inside Stereo speakers, tied into stereo system in salon with volume control in radio box Trim tab control switch mounted at console Trumpet style air horns, (2) Windshield, molded fiberglass wrap around front and sides with fixed frameless laminated glass Windshield wiper/washer Command deck Carpet, Corinthian Carpet, Berber Honey Beige Upgrade
- Boarding box, fiberglass with nonslip, lift up top and storage Cable TV and telehone connections wired Dockside electric connection - 50 amp/220V electric, located under forward gunwale Dockside water connection with pressure reducing valve under forward gunwale Engine room access through hydraulically actuated mezzanine Freshwater wash down with hose bib located under forward gunwale Gaskets for all lids, doors and access doors Indirect rope lighting under coaming Laminated mounting plate in deck for future fighting chair or table Lazarette hatch for inspection of aft bilge Live well in transom box without window (upgrade) Molded-in insulated fish boxes, port and starboard with hatches and drains plumbed to automatic sump pump out Molded nonskid deck Observation mezzanine - port and starboard aft facing lounges with Sumbrella cushions, with storage, Upgrade fabric Costa Classic Creamery Recessed, stainless steel cleats and hawse pipes Rod holders, (4) stainless steel and flush mounted Rounded cockpit coaming for comfort Seawater washdown with pump in engine room and supply under forward gunwale to keep deck clean while fishing Self bailing cockpit with large cockpit scuppers Stainless steel gas springs on all hatches and lids Stereo speakers powered from salon stereo with volume control Straps with padding to keep transom door and gate open Transom swim steps at transom door Walk-through transom door with lift gate and molded in transom box Transom live well without window and light Cockpit freezer and refrigerated drink box (Upgrade) Recessed dockside boxes with fiberglass doors and gaff storage (upgrade)
- Air conditioning with reverse cycle heat with temperature control Amtico flooring, vinyl High gloss Cabinetry with drawers, with finished maple interiors Freshwater gauge Lighting, overhead recessed in headliner Main electrical service panel, AC/DC, backlit for easier viewing Majilite headliner, natural color, 1/8" foam & tricot backing Sliding door to command deck Stereo speakers - multi-directional, mid/high range Stereo system (12V) with 22" HD flat screen TV Table, high-low with high gloss finish with cover U-shaped lounge with storage below Decor Accessory kit (upgrade) Polished corian countertops in Head and Galley, Oak with 1/2 bullnose (upgrade) Satin Nickel faucet in galley (upgrade) Custom teak handrail at stairs (upgrade)
- Central vacuum until connection with accessories Electric 2 burner surface mount stove with touch pad controls Exhaust fan, high velocity Galley countertop, custom Corian upgrade Lights, overhead and LED lighting Majilite headliner, natural Opus, 1/8" foam & tricot backing Microwave/convection oven located in upper galley cabinet undercounter Refrigerator/freezer, large capacity Sink, bone-color Corian recessed in countertop with faucet Storage cabients in upper galley, with varnished doors, finished maple interior Storage cabinets and drawers in lower galley, varnished doors and faces with stowage for utensils and other items, finished maple interior Vinyl Amtico floor Water tank level gauge
- Master Stateroom (Forward)
- Air conditioning with reverse cycle heat with temperature control Bedspread - quilted, designer style Carpeting Drawer storage under bed, (2) large drawers Hanging locker, maple-lined Lighting, overhead and decorative indirect Majilite headliner, natural color, 1/8" foam & tricot backing Pillow shams (2) Queen-size, walk-around fore and aft bed with upgraded innerspring mattress and lift up top with gas pistons and sotrage underneath Reading lights, overhead with separate switches TV, 19" HD flat screen 12V CD stereo upgarde Sheets upgrade
- Guest Stateroom (Aft)
- Air conditioning with reverse cycle heat with fan control Bedspread - quilted, designer style Carpeting Hanging locker, maple-lined Lighting, overhead Majilite headliner, natural color, 1/8" foam & tricot backing Pillow shams (2) Side by side bunks with foam mattress Stereo speakers recessed in headliner tied into salon stereo with volume control Sheets upgrade
- Air conditioning/heat with vent in soffit Amtico vinyl floor Exhaust fan with vent in soffit Lights, recessed in soffit and in ceiling Linen storage Lower vanity with face Medicine cabinet with mirrored doors Molded fiberglass vanity and sink with corian top and upgraded faucet Receptacle, 120V Sealand with overboard and holding tank discharge Shower light Stall shower, fiberglass with upgraded shower fixtures and with drain to automatic sump pump in bilge Towel bars and rings - upgraded
- Anchor - constructed with a high-tensile, corrosion resistant aluminum magnesium alloy Anchor locker with access from foredeck Anchor rode Bow rail, anodized aluminum, brushed finish Fire extinguishers Freshwater supply in anchor locker for general maintenance and cleaning Holding tank monitor Mooring lines, braided nylon Stainless steel bow, spring and stern cleats thru-bolted to aluminum backing plates Viking Smart Decor package Water delivery kit with tool set Zinc on transom Bow pulpit (upgrade) Windlass - Lewmar V2-SS upgrade
- Optional Equipment
- Oil Change system for engines and generator Electronic single-lever controls for helm pod on fflybridge Helm air conditioning Fiberglass helm pod Plumb transom box as live well without window and light - std Recessed dockside boxes with fiberglass doors and gaff storage Cockpit freezer and refrigerated drink box Windlass Lewmar V2SS Bow pulpit Hull color: Snow White - standard Hull bottom: Viking Blue - standard Boot Stripe - Viking Blue - 1/2" accent stripe 1/2" above boot Undercounter refrigerator and freezer with doors in galley Polished corian countertop in galley and heads 12V CD stereo in master stateroom One set of sheets for two staterooms Decor accessory Kit
- Custom upgrades
- Cummins QSC-600 with Zeus Drive Awlgrip brass thru-hulls and sea strainers in engine room and forward bilge Snow white fuel filters Release Helm and 2 companion chair upgrade with stainless steel pedestal 1/2" accent stripe 1/2" above boot stripe High polished galley corian countertop Dimmers for quartz lights in salon Dimmers on overhead LED lights in master stateroom Upgraded brushed nickel hardware throughout Brushed nickel cover paltes for switches and receptacles throughout Satin nickel interior light trim throughout Custom: Upgrade material on commandeck cushions Custom: Upgrade material on helm chairs Custom: Upgrade mezzanine cushions including drink bolster - Costa Classic Creamery Decor: Command Deck Carpeting - Corinthian Carpet Berger Honey Beige Custom: Install teak handrail at stairs Palm Beach Custom Tuna Tower - see tower details.
- Custom Tower Specifications
- (1) Tuna Tower w/molded top 42' Viking Express, Single Perimeter Rail, 4' Gap, Brushed Pipe, (2) Antenna Standoff (6) Recessed Lights, Lumitec (6) tri color (1) Radar Pod Express Triangular Style (1) Recessed Teaser Door Push Style Bracket (1) Molded One Piece Standing Platform (1) Molded 2-in-1 12V LED Light Pod (1) Control Box 60' w/Flush Mounted Compass (1) Tower Sunshade Molded Top Welded Antenna Mounts (1) SAT Dome Mount Molded Fiberglass, Mold #750 (6) Rod Holder Polished Weld to Rail behind Hardtop (4) Rod Holder Polished Weld to Aft Legs (1) Outriggers Rupp 31' - 2-Spreader, Solid Back Bar (1) Install Outriggers Rupp, Mounted on Hardtop (1) Center Rigger Rupp (1) Electronic Controls & Steering for Pod Drive (1) Nav Lights Port & Stbd Molded (1) Stern Light Molded (1) Bench Seat w/Backrest (1) Enclosure 4 Sided EZ2CY glass, Track to Track (1) Electrical Wiring and Hookup, Recessed Lights, Spreader Lights, Anchor/Masthead Light, Bond Tower (1) Mount Horns Under Control Box (1) Control Box Cover (2) Tri-color LED Lights Tower Sunshade (2) Tri-color LED Lights Platform (1) Wire (4) Tri-color Lights (2) Tower Sunshade, (2) Platform (1) Install S/S Grommets with Jan Cleats in Gunnels (1) Dual Rod Lockers Molded Into Hardtop
- Hampton, VA 757-723-0793 Gloucester Point, VA 804-642-2150 Ocean City, MD 410-390-3043 Grasonville, MD 410-827-0873 Baltimore, MD 410 342 6600 Outer Banks, NC 252-473-5010 Beaufort, NC 252 728-2645 Wrightsville Beach, NC 910-256-6643 For more information, please contact your nearest Bluewater Yacht Sales office or call 877-269-3021: