- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
"MAJOR PRICE REDUCTION"
Owner has his eye on a new boat.
Fresh Bottom Paint, Hull Detail and Engine Service, New Life Lines.
This Beautiful Boat is Ready to Go.
You will not believe what $189,500 Will Buy!
The designer of the Moody cruisers is Bill Dixon, a well known and respected name in the cruising world and also the superyacht scene. The 42 is an extended version of his previous Moody 40 design, adding space in the aft cabin and the big lazarette area.
Construction is in hand-laid fibreglass, with balsa cored sandwich construction above the waterline and in the deck. The deck edge incorporates a raised bulwark with teak cap rail, something of a Moody signature.
The hull is stiffened by bonded-in frames and stringers, in conjunction with semi-structural internal mouldings. www.moodyboats.com/
- The performance of this beautiful yacht is extraordinary, with her long waterline and balanced waterplane, though two people can sail her easily. You will find every necessity in the spacious cockpit, including in-boom furling. Her Navy Blue hull and exterior finish is of the highest quality. The mooring and spring cleats are made from heavy section stainless steel and the bulwarks are teak capped. She has a three cabin layout which includes a twin berth cabin forward, a double cabin and the nicely proportioned owner's stateroom aft with a center line queen berth. And a convertible single berth single across from engine compartment. The salon and galley are both spacious, there are two heads and ample wardrobe and stowage space. All interior is crafted with beautiful teak of cherry finishes with an attention to detail.
- Main Salon
- The s alon is amidship. Dinette, settee, Sony TV & VCR, CD player stereo system, AM/FM tuner, drapes, mirror, speakers. In the main salon to port is a large "U" shaped settee with second settee opposite. The large folding-leaf dining table with integral drinks storage and drawers will comfortably seat up to eight. Fold the table up and you have a comfortable place to relax. Teak veneered flooring with strip inlay. Storage is located behind the seat backs around the settee. Lockers and shelves available for additional storage and convince. In direct lighting, ventilating fans, deck hatch, all for crews comfort.
- Master has queen berth, head, shower, sink, blinds and carpeting. The large aft cabin is carpeted and has a central queen berth with seats on both sides. You will find plenty of storage including a hanging locker and dressing table with mirror. The en suite shower/toilet compartment has multiple mirrors, wet locker and opening port light. Also there is a large dressing area with bureau and hanging space in the port side pass through, opposite the head. There is ventilation fans, opening port lights in the transom and cabin sides equipped with curtains for privacy. The guest stateroom forward has a double berth, head, shower, sink, locker, carpeting, closet, dresser and mirror. The forward cabin is large and carpeted with a single berth, settee and lots of storage, including a large hanging locker. There is en suite access to the large forward shower/toilet compartment equipped with marine toilet, wash basin, separate shower and wet locker. Ventilation fan and opening deck hatch and cabin side port lights are equipped with blinds for privacy.
- The galley is in starboard passageway, but fully open to the main salon. With double SS sinks, pressure H/C water, three burner gas stove with oven, refrigerator/freezer with engine driven Seafrost cold plate, Sharp Carosel microwave, hidden trash can and ample storage and Pilot gas alarm.
- Electrical System
- Heart Link 1000 Watt Inverter, dockside electrical cable.
- At Nav Station Raytheon RL70C Radar/ Ray Chart B&G Autopilot B&G Data Horizon Intrepid VHF w/ Repeater at helm At Helm B&G Autopilot B&G Data VHF Ram Mic B&G Network Wind B&G Network Depth B&G Network Speed
- Additional Equipmment
- Three Blade Feathering MaxProp, Eberspacher Diesel Heater, Lavac Heads, Four Hella Cabin Fans, Ships Clock, Extra battery, Customized stainless steel radar mast and davit,Offshore dodger, Cockpit table for outside dinning, Wheel steering with binnacle guard and compass, 42 Lb Plow anchor with 50' chain and 150' 5/8" line, stereo speakers in cockpit. Inflatable Dinghy with Honda 2HP 4 Stroke Outboard, Teak toe rail adds an extra touch of class to a world class sailing vessel.
- Sails & Rigging
- Custom Nor Lam North Main sail with Leasure Furl boom and electric halyard winch, Lewmar ST 30's 2 speed winches for traveler and mainsheet, backstay adjuster, boom vang. Genoa with Selden-Furlex Furling.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.