- 41 (ft.) 9 (in.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Yanmar 2GM 20F
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
The J/124 is a true performance boat with ammenities and cruising comfort to match. The interior is spacious and comfortable, with a great galley, head and cabins to accomodate the entire crew. Whether racing or fast cruising, she is sure to please.
The high-tech composite hull evolves from J's that have dominated IRC competition in Europe over the past three years. The Hall Spars mast and ACC rudder are carbon fiber. If the joy of sailing is a priority that feel of acceleration and response of a good boat but you still want to enjoy some overnight comfort on those yacht club cruises, then this is the boat for you.
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- From its large carbon wheel to the fine teak joinerwork and Ultra-leather or suede upholstery below, or simply by the smooth, graceful way it slides through the water, the new J/124 is every bit a sailing yacht in the best sense of the word. Yet, J/124s focus on short-handed sailing qualities doesnt preclude many days of offshore coastal sailing. Her narrow beam and low center-of-gravity are hallmarks of seaworthiness. All the important stuff is there: An adequate galley and chart table; the accessible top-loading icebox; 6 feet of headroom; three separate sleeping areas; a dodger for all-weather protection; and a cockpit made secure with 14 high backrests and seats that are long enough to sleep on. The high-tech composite hull evolves from Js that have dominated IRC competition in Europe over the past three years. The Hall Spars mast and ACC rudder are carbon fiber. Easiest configuration of all is the optional and removable Hoyt self-tacking jib boom with roller furling jib.
- Hull and Deck
- Hull and deck built with patented SCRIMP resin infusion molding process using biaxial hybrid skins and Baltek end-grained balsa core. SCRIMP molded composite structural grid incorporating keel floors, mast step and longitudinal supports. Ten year transferable warranty against hull blistering. 7.0 draft high-lift, low CG lead keel with bulb bonded/bolted to molded sump. Bow anchor locker with deck hatch suitable for spinnaker/snuffer storage. Off-white deck with high traction molded non-skid. Contrasting color single boot stripe molded into hull. Four (4) custom polished mooring chocks and six (6) stainless Herreshoff style mooring cleats. Two stainless grab rails on coach roof. Double lifelines with bow rail, split stern rail and two lifeline gates. Three overhead deck ventilation hatches and five white framed opening ports. Halyards and reef lines led aft to two Lewmar self-tailing winches on cabin top. Harken jib sheet system with 4 jib tracks, two foot blocks and two Lewmar self-tailing primary winches. Euro-style mainsheet system led from mast below decks aft to Lewmar self-tailing mainsheet winches near helm. Spinnaker sheet and tack line system including five folding Wichard padeyes and Harken turning blocks. Roller furling control line led to cockpit. Spacious cockpit with tall backrests, large cockpit seat locker, propane locker and two lazarette storage lockers. Molded stern boarding platform with SS telescoping swim ladder
- Propulsion and Steering
- Yanmar 3JH4E 40hp diesel saildrive with Flex-O-Fold two-blade geared folding propeller. Yanmar engine panel recessed in cockpit. 25 gallon aluminum alloy fuel tank with baffles and inspection/clean out port. CSI composite rudder with carbon shaft mounted in Jefa self-aligning, low friction rudder bearings. 1.4m Carbon Fiber Lewmar Y-spoke wheel on custom molded pedestal with Ritchie compass and stainless binnacle guard. Aluminum emergency tiller. 12 volt house electrical system with two 105amp AGM batteries, rotary battery switch, and 12 volt distribution panel in Navigation area. Gimbaled Force 10 two burner propane stove with broiler, and one 10lb bottle located in cockpit propane locker. Pressure cold water system in galley and head with 35 gallon water tank. Manual fresh water foot pump in galley. Attwood self-contained shower sump and pump. Raritan marine head with Y-valve and overboard discharge pump and 15 gallon Ronco holding tank. Par Max shower drain pump Rule automatic 12V bilge pump in keel sump. Whale manual bilge pump mounted in the cockpit.
- Spars and Rigging
- Hall Spars, autoclave cured, Carbon Fiber mast, with double spreaders, finished in Awlgrip white above deck and clear coat below deck. Aluminum boom with 10:1 outhaul and internal sheaves for mainsheet system. Hall Quik Vang with purchase system. Nitronic 50 continuous rod rigging package with Hall pre-assembled headstay. Harken jib furling system. Sailtech integral hydraulic backstay adjuster.
- Main cabin elegantly appointed in white laminated panels with cold-molded teak trim and varnished teak hull sidings. Varnished teak and holly cabin sole. Galley area with stove, large high-polished Scandvik sink and outboard storage. Navigation station with above counter instrument console, storage drawers and top loading, molded icebox w/freezer section beneath. Conveniently located aft head with water closet, wash basin and access door to cockpit storage locker. Aft port quarter berth with hanging locker and privacy door. Forepeak area, accessed through varnished, double teak main bulkhead door, with V berth, vanity to port, and hanging locker to starboard. Acrylic companionway drop board.
- Sail Inventory
- Quantum Carbon Fusion Mainsail - 2011 UK Carbon #1 - 2011 UK Carbon #2 - 2011 Quantum Code 1 Assym - 2011 Quantum #3 Quantum #4 Quantum Code 2 Assym Quantum Code 3 Never used
- B&G autopilot B&G 2000 system 1 multifunction readout at the sea hood 4 20/20 displays at the mast Simrad CP31 Chart Plotter Icom M422 VHF Sony Stereo System LINK 20 Battery Monitor
- Recent Work done
- New Racing Bottom - January 2011 Yanmar engine and Transmisson Service - January 2011 Mast and Standing rigging pulled and serviced - January 2011 Floorboards removed, refitted, and refinished - March 2011 Hull and deck buffed and waxed - January 2011 All Stainless cleaned and polished - January 2011 Interior detailed - January 2011
- Additional Equipment
- Factory dodger by Thursten Mainsail cover, wheel cover, winch covers Carbon Mast Carbon 3 spoke wheel Wabasco Diesel heating system
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Buzz Stoddard to schedule a showing of this beautiful boat! Buzz can be reached at: Cruising Yachts, Inc. 13444 Bali Way Suite 200 Marina Del Rey, CA 90250 (818) 404-4479 (310) 822-9400 email@example.com