Original owners built and maintained Ellie Jane with an open checkbook since day one of her custom build. Owners just finished up their lifelong dream of cruising The Great Loop and some island destinations, now they are ready for their next adventures of retirement. This vessel is spotless, turn-key with complete logs and maintenance records and ready for her new owners to live aboard or travel and follow their dreams.
Freshly waxed and compounded 3/2012.
Complete Survey and oil samples performed 3/2012 are available upon request.
All the comforts of home with an inherently stable hull design offering a go-anywhere capability at an affordable price to operate.
2.83 mpg with a 3000nm range
Great loop height ready (23’ with antenna’s down/ 26’ with them up/16’ with radar arch down)
Owner wants sold. Call for private viewing.
- BROKER’S REMARKS
- Original owners built and maintained Ellie Jane with an open checkbook since day one of her custom build. Owners just finished up their lifelong dream of cruising The Great Loop and some island destinations, now they are ready for their next adventures of retirement. This vessel is spotless, turn-key with complete logs and maintenance records and ready for her new owners to live aboard or travel and follow their dreams. Freshly waxed and compounded 3/2012. Complete Survey and oil samples performed 3/2012 are available upon request. All the comforts of home with an inherently stable hull design offering a go-anywhere capability at an affordable price to operate. 2.83 mpg with a 3000nm range Great loop height ready (23’ with antenna’s down/ 26’ with them up/16’ with radar arch down) Owner wants sold. Call for private viewing.
- OVERVIEW OF ELLIE JANE
- Ellie Jane the unsinkable Great Harbour N47, offers the range, comfort and safety to make your cruising dreams come true. Among her remarkable features is that she draws only 3-feet, making it ideal for exploring the beautiful, protected waters that are off limits to deeper draft vessels. Her stable, full displacement hull design features an enormous load carrying capacity, allowing her owners to carry enough supplies, fuel and water for extended stays in remote areas. Displacement at load water line, or full load, is 70,000 lbs. The N47's foredeck area is large enough to carry many options such as a medium size RIB, hard tender or fishing skiff easily launched by an electric or hydraulic davit. Ellie Jane is the much sought after flybridge model and comes complete with a 12-foot RIB with outboard on her aft boat deck. Designed to be operated by a couple, the N47 has the room to comfortably accommodate guests or families with children. The main saloon/pilothouse features a raised L-shaped settee with a hi-lo dining table. Its elevation provides full visibility when seated, and it can be converted into a double berth. Across from the dinette area is a settee that seats three and can convert to another two Pullman berths, providing extra sleeping accommodations for a total of four in the salon. Forward are the pilothouse helm and navigation station. A proprietary glass helm package is featured and the nav station has the space to plot with paper charts as well as a laptop computer. A 26" TV drop-down unit is installed overhead, which can be viewed from the entire saloon area. A pilothouse “Dutch” door next to the helm opens to the side deck. Beneath the cabin sole is a huge bosun's locker with room to stow extra supplies and cruising gear for extended cruises or full time liveaboard needs. It also has enough room to install a top-loading freezer along with bikes and other large bulky items such as cushions for extra sleeping accommodations and such. Down below the galley boasts household-size stainless steel appliances such as a 23-cubic foot refrigerator/freezer, double sinks, a microwave/convection oven, electric range, trash compactor and dishwasher. The spacious area is bright and cheery thanks to two large opening ports and the use of proprietary white, easy-to-clean, fiberglass bulkhead surface. The amount of cabinets and counter space rival that of a cottage kitchen, and even the most demanding chef will appreciate the home-like practicality of this galley. Directly across from the galley is a dinette area that seats eight and can convert to a double berth. A large pantry provides plenty of storage for dry goods and supplies. Moving forward, there is a guest stateroom with a double berth to port and a guest head to starboard. A stacked washer and dryer is located near this stateroom. The master stateroom forward features an island queen berth surrounded by beautifully built Cherry dressers, bookshelves, a hanging locker and a desk. A vanity sink, separate from the head's toilet and shower, is also located in the master suite. A hatch above the berth and two large opening ports provide plenty of light and fresh air, making this a pleasant room to spend time in day or night. The desk area provides private office space away from the rest of the vessel. The master head features a stall shower big enough to move around in without banging one's elbows - a refreshing alternative to what most boats of this size offer. Access to Ellie Jane’s engine room is through a door next to the dinette area. The room is spacious and intelligently arranged to make servicing the twin Yanmar diesel engines and all mechanical systems easy to work on and access. To begin with, its 7-feet of headroom eliminates having to work in back-breaking positions. All external engine parts such as filters, hoses and dipsticks are clearly visible and easily accessible. Dripless shaft logs keep the bilge dry and odor free. A seawater chest eliminates all other through-hulls in the boat. The less number of holes in a boat, the greater ones peace of mind! A workbench provides a convenient place for repairs and maintenance projects. There is a generator and a watermaker as well as places to stow tools, spare parts, and fluids. And lastly, the room is well-lit and bright, making it a pleasant space to work in. Ellie Jane’s wide side decks and hefty safety rails make it safe to move about while underway or when docking and handling lines. The aft cockpit, which is protected by the upper boat deck, has room for two chairs and a small table. A gate opens to the wide swim platform for easy access to and from the ship's tender. The N47's large foredeck presents many possibilities to stow a variety of different vessels, which can be launched by a davit system. While a large rib is the most popular choice, other N47s are serving as motherships for fishing expeditions have been outfitted with flats fishing skiffs. Included with Ellie Jane is 12-foot RIB that is stowed on the upper aft boat deck. Ellie Jane’s flybridge features a helm with excellent visibility over the foredeck clear to the bow. Built-in seating for up to 10 and a flip-up table make this a welcome social area during good weather and a wonderful place to enjoy the sights while at anchor or underway. The N47's capacity to carry large volumes of fuel and water make it the ideal vessel for long range cruising. Cruising at 8.25 knots, she has a range of 3000 nautical miles with its upgraded tankage arrangement. Featuring an installed watermaker the owners have converted one of the 250-gallon water tanks to an extra fuel tank, increasing the range to over 3,000 nautical miles. Ellie Jane stirs the imagination of those who dream of going to sea in their own, self-contained trawler. Its combination of safety, comfort, reliability and affordability have made it possible for those with modest boating skills and means to explore far distant shores and enjoy the rewarding lifestyle of full time cruising.
- GREAT HARBOUR HISTORY
- Great Harbour Trawlers are built by Mirage Manufacturing in Gainesville, Florida. Founded in 1971 by Ken Fickett , Mirage first earned a reputation within the sailing and sportfishing industries for its performance-oriented, well-built boats. In the late 90's, Ken decided to build a boat that could take his young family on a yearlong cruise. Although he bought plans for a 35-foot coastal cruiser, he soon realized it wouldn't fit his needs for fulltime, family cruising, so he enlisted the help of Lou Codega , a well-known naval architect, and together they developed the Great Harbour 37. The GH37 design soon became a hit with those with similar cruising dreams, and Ken's personal plans to go cruising had to be postponed as he filled the orders for his new boats. During the past ten years, the Great Harbour line has expanded to include the original GH37 as well as a GH47 , N37 and N47 . Over 50 Great Harbour Trawlers have been built to date, and preliminary plans are now being made to build a magnificent Great Harbour 74 Great Harbour Trawlers have four areas they concentrate on: Safety Stable hull form, twin-engine redundancy and unsinkable hulls make Great Harbours the safest trawlers on the market. Affordability Great Harbour Trawlers are designed for low maintenance and minimum operating costs, making them the most economical trawler to own. All The Comforts Of Home Attractive, roomy interiors; full size, home appliances; lots of natural light and ventilation and a stable hull that doesn't rock and roll are why so many owners decide to enjoy the liveaboard lifestyle. Go-Anywhere Capability Stable, full-displacement hull, economical twin engines, large fuel capacity, unsinkable construction and shallow draft make it possible to explore far off shores or the shallows of our most popular, protected waterways.
- 2 Stateroom Layout (Master and Guest) with Dinette Down and offices in both Staterooms L shaped Seating in Salon Deck House Settee with Table Nav Table and Bench Seat Pullman Berth in Salon Teak and Holly sole floors throughout Wood Blinds in salon Guest Stateroom features pull out settee/bed with hanging locker and shelves featuring study desk and hanging locker Rectangular Cherry doors with frames Ocean Air sliding screens and shades on hatches Shelves with fiddles between portlights in galley Master features Queen Mattress (upgraded to Aerofoam Mattress) 10 stainless steel portlights with screens and custom curtains Washer and Dryer Footrest at helm station
- S/S Refrigerator-freezer: 23 cu. ft., 120vAC. Kenyon Stove Range: 4-burner, 240vAC. S/S Convection-microwave oven Stainless Steel Drawer Style Dishwasher Trash Compactor Corian Solid-surface countertop Dual Basin sink Pressure hot and cold water
- Swim Platform Rub Rail Bow towing Eye Flybridge table with flipdown leaves Aft Cockpit Freshwater Washdown Cockpit hot and cold water shower Aluminum railings Bow pulpit with chute for Delta anchor, roller for fluke anchor Anchors: 55-lb. Delta, 40-lb. fluke Rode: (2) 300' 3/8” HT chain. Maxwell Windlass: Horizontal dual gypsy, chain stops (10) Mooring cleats (2) Bowmar Opening forward hatch/skylight All rectangular windows opening with screens (10) S/S Opening 12” portlights with screens Cushions Anchor Washdown
- Electronics Repeater Icom VHF Radio ZF Microcommander Engine Controls Steering Controls Engine Instrumentation Swivel Helm Chair Settees with Storage Davit on Flybridge
- ELECTRONICS & HELM
- High-end PC w/two15” touch screens, Nobeltec radar, Admiral Nav software, chartplotter, WeatherWorx, Dual frequency AIS at helm ZF Microcommander controls Raymarine Smartpilot Autopilot Icom ICM604 VHF Radio Horn Boat Deck Floodlights Remote Spotlight and Floodlight 4 ½” compass Helm seat and navigator bench Nav station 26” Flat Screen TV in Cherry Drop Down Cabinet Am/FM/CD/DVD Player with 4 speakers
- Mas Power 13 KW Generator (429 hours) with Racor Batteries: 12 6-volt wet cell Electrical panels: (1) 240vAC 50 amp, (1) 120vAC distribution, (1) 12vDC Shorepower: 50 amp 240vAC Victron Energy Battery pure sine charger-inverter: 3,000 watt with 120v charger, remote panel Phone-TV inlet, shore cable, antenna and (2) outlets Lighting: chrome or S/S reading and dome lights, navigation/anchor lights, full complement of fixtures and 125vAC Dimmer Switches in Salon and Dinette Auxiliary Starter Battery for Genset (2) Gel Batteries under Master Bed for Thruster and Windlass
- AUXILIARY SYSTEMS
- HRO Horizon Seafari Watermaker 14 GPH 3 zones Cruiseair Hot water heater 20 Gallons Vacu-flush heads with Holding tank with both deck discharge and macerator
- ENGINE DETAILS & MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
- Main engines: twin 75hp Yanmar diesels; individual fuel pickups and twin Racor filters for each Shafts: 1 3/8” S/S. Propellers: 3-blade, bronze 24-by-13 inch counter-rotating Bilge pumps: (3) 3,550 gph Mufflers: water-trap type Steering: hydraulic ZF Engine controls: mechanical Fuel tank: 1,250-gal. integral fiberglass Shower sump pump Dripless shaft logs Bronze Seacocks in Sea chest Raycor lifeguards on fuel vents Hydraulic steering Battery Bank - (12) 6 volt wet cell Fuel/Oil Pkg: Oil change system, fuel polisher Jabsco fuel transfer pump Kanzaki Transmissions KM4A2 Sea Chest
- NOTABLE OPTIONS
- 12’ Tender Vinylester Resin and Barrier Coat and bottom paint Textra Covers for all outside windows (White) New (2011) flybridge settee cushions, dinghy cover, flybridge cover and windlass cover Extensive list of spare parts
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- FOR MORE QUALITY LISTINGS - Please Click Here