- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
REDUCED TO SELL...TWO BOAT OWNER...ALL OFFERS CONSIDERED
"Exceptional performance and construction earned J/120 the distinction of being CRUISING WORLD magazine's OVERALL BOAT OF THE YEAR and the BEST VALUE in a full-sized cruising boat".
In addition to her noted cruising capabilities, El Ocaso is the best equipped, fastest Racing J 120 and is now available for sale. Her care and constant upgrading makes her fast, most competitive, and consistently out front. Winner of the 2012 Saint Maarten Heineken Regatta taking Overall Best Performance out of 202 entrants. She is outfitted with the best rigging and technologies making her capable of winning any event.
Her price does not reflect the capital investment into her outfitting and rigging. El Ocaso is maintained by her Captain and meticulously rigged at the highest level. Hundreds of thousands spent beyond her selling price.
Many recent upgrades and improvements include a (2007) Hall Spars Carbon Fiber Mast and Standing Rigging; Full Complement of New or Near New Race Sails and Running Rigging; New VC Offshore Bottom...THE LIST GOES ON!!!
She comes with an impressive race record! Her winning Heritage includes:
KEY WEST RACE WEEK! MIAMI RACE WEEK! ST. MAARTEN HEINEKEN REGATTA! BVI REGATTA!
KEY WEST PHRF BOAT OF THE WEEK! MIAMI PHRF BOAT OF THE WEEK! AND MANY MORE EVENTS FROM SAN FRANCISCO TO ANTIGUA!!
- HULL MATERIALS: Fibrous Reinforced Plastic—solid laminate COLOR: Blue Topsides—original gelcoat FRAMING: The hull is stiffened and reinforced with box section of FRP longitudinal stringers and transverse webs. Plywood bulkheads are bonded to the hull with fiberglass tabbing. DECKING: Molded FRP with inner balsa core SUPERSTRUCTURE: Molded FRP HULL to DECK JOINT: The deck is chemically bonded to the hull BULKHEADS: Cherry facing marine plywood CEILINGS: White vinyl covered plywood and FRP KEEL: Lead Keel KEEL BOLTS: Stainless Steel RUDDER: Reinforced fiberglass spade rudder with stainless steel rudderstock BOW & ADDITIONS: Stainless steel stem fitting with single bow roller mounted on a S/S extender STERN & ADDITIONS: Transom with fold down ladder THROUGH HULL FITTINGS: Bronze skin fittings with Marelon bodied ball valve type seacocks DECK HATCHES: 5 'Lewmar' aluminum framed deck hatches OPENING PORTLIGHTS: 9 ’Bowmar' aluminum framed portlights COCKPIT SEATING: FRP anti-slip panted STEERING SYSTEM: Wheel steering; wheel to sprocket; roller chain to stainless steel wire, through aluminum pulleys to aluminum quadrant
- MAST ‘Hall Spars’ Carbon Fiber; Keel Stepped, 2 sets of Rake Spreaders STANDING RIGGING: Sloop Rigged, Rod Rigged WINCHES: Primaries – 2 x ‘Harken ST48’ 2-speed Self-Tailing Winches FURLING GEAR: ‘Harken MKIV’ drum and foil on forestay SAILS: Full battened Mainsail and Furling Genoa. As a racing boat, vessel carries extensiv3 sets of various racing sails - Upwind – 2012 3 Di #3, 2011 3 DL Main, 2011 3 DL Heavy #2, 2010 3DL light #2 Downwind – 1A, 3A, 4A, 5A, 6A plus backups – 1A BU, 4A BU, 5A BU
- Electronics & Helm
- GPS Northstar Chartplotter AUTOPILOT B&G Hydra 200 Series DEPTH AND BOAT SPEED B7G Complete Race Set-up; 4 Mast Displays; 3 on Console & 1 at Wheel COMMUNICATION: ICOM ICM402 VHF
- Engine Details, Electrical & Mechanical Equipment
- WATER TANKS: 74 Gallons in 2 plastic tanks under saloon seating DIESEL: 27 gallons in aluminum tank under starboard aft bunk HOLDING TANKS: 13 gallons in plastic tank under forward v-berth COOKING GAS: Propane—dedicated locker in cockpit MARINE SANITATION DEVICES: 1 R&H manual marine head SEACOCKS: Marelon bodied ball valves HOT WATER: Atlantic 5 gallon—heated via engine heat exchanger and 110v PRESSURIZED WATER SYSTEM: 1 x “Jabsco” 12v diaphragm tupe pump BILGE PUMPS: Electric: 'Rule 1100" 12V diaphragm type bilge pump in the main bilge and 2 "Rule" 12 V 500GPH on each outboard amidship. Manual: 'Whale' pump (60LPM) in cockpit. DC-SYSTEM: 12V HOUSE BATTERIES: 2 X 12V ENGINE BATTERIES: 1 X 12V BATTERY STOWAGE: Under saloon floorboard in aft compartment CURCUIT PROTECTION DEVICE: Isolation switches POWER DISTRIBUTION: 12v & 11v labeled circuit breaker panels CHARGING SYSTEM: Single alternator & A/C ‘Xantrex’ 40amp battery charger REFRIGERATION: 12v AC-SYSTEM: 110v SHORE POWER: Single 30amp cable
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- PLEASE CONTACT RICHARD GLAZER @ 954-732-9060