- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The SHOOTING STAR is a lightly used and nicely equipped three stateroom, two head Catalina 42. Electronics include a Raymarine C-90W all in one, B&G wind instrumentation and autopilot. It also has extra fresh water capacity and a small reverse-osmosis water-maker. This is the lowest price Catalina 42 on YachtWorld!
Owner is currently spending over $7K at Windward Yacht Center (November 2012) on the following repairs;
1) Replace gasket at junction of exhaust elbow and engine. All engine mounts replaced, engine aligned, then cleaned and painted. Exhaust hoses replaced.
2) Dripless Prop Shaft Seal replaced
3) Ducting and vents on cabin heater system repaired
4) Entire LPG System (tank, box, components, solenoid, and valves) replaced
5) Forward macerator pump repaired.
6) Anti-siphon vents cleaned, hose clamps throughout replaced.
The Catalina 42 was first introduced in 1988 and is a simple yet sturdy boat. What you get is good quality because the structure is there. If you want to make it more elaborate, you can easily take it as far as you want to go! The hull was adapted from an earlier racing hull designed by Nelson Merek. Catalina Yachts then added a new cabin top, interior, and rig in order to make it a comfortable coastal cruising boat which two people can easily handle. The spacious design is also comfortable for a large crew on a long trip. With a race-bred hull and a substantial rig, the boat is stiff and capable of upwind speeds approaching 8 knots, expect downwind speeds up to 15 knots. She has a PHRF handicap rating of 102/108 (Southern California). But as the sun sets over your favorite hideaway anchorage, there is little argument that the Catalina 42 is hard to match.
- SPECIFICATIONS AND FEATURES
- LAYOUT 3 Staterooms w/ Pullman Berth Forward 2 Heads with stand-up shower Main Salon Settee/Dining Area seats 8 converts to a double berth Linear Galley with gimbaled stove/oven Headroom Main Cabin: 6' 8" max. Forward Cabin: 6' 4" max. 8 Opening Deck Hatches 10 Opening Ports SYSTEMS Diesel Cabin Heater warms the main salon, forward berth and both aft berths Double Sized House Battery Banks with Isolators Separate Engine Starting Battery 110v Inverter/Smart Battery Charger also has a back-up battery charger High Output Alternator and Smart Regulator (just replaced) 3700 GPH and 1500 GPH Bilge Pumps, as well a third back-up bilge pump Diesel Hot Water Heater as well as a 110v Hot Water Heater (just replaced) 6.8 cu. ft. Ice Box with upgraded Aldor-Barber Cold-Plate Refrigeration Fresh Water pump (just replaced) Washdown/Sea Water Pump PUR SURVIVOR 35 REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER MAKER FEATURES A BAUER GASOLINE POWERED DIVE COMPRESSOR MOUNTED IN FRONT OF THE MAST ON A CUSTOM STAINLESS STEEL CARRIER THAT ALSO HOLDS TWO DIVE TANKS AND HAS A PADDED SEAT ELECTRONICS Nav-Station with Raymarine C-90W GPS/RADAR/CHARTPLOTTER AutoHelm Tridata Instruments with repeater at Nav-station AutoHelm ST7000 Autopilot with repeater at Nav-station B&G VHF RADIO STEREO PROPULSION Engine Brand: Yanmar Total Power: 44 HP Engine Model: 4JHBE Engine Type: Inboard Drive Type: Direct Drive Year Built: 1990 Engine Hours: 560 Reduction Gear: 2.63:1 Fresh Water Cooled, Sea Water Heat Exchanger Propeller: 18" x 13-pitch, (3-blade, bronze, right-hand) Shaft: 1.25" diameter stainless steel featuring Lasdrop shaft seal Estimated Fuel Consumption At Standard Cruising RPM (1/2 throttle): about 6.5 kts and 0.55 gph At Fast Cruising RPM (3/4 throttle): about 7.5 kts and 0.90-1.20 gph RIGGING Double Spreaders, swept aft, with single intermediate and lower shrouds. Forestay, Backstay, Lowers: 3/8" diameter, 7x19 stainless wire cable. Halyards: Low-stretch rope/wire, led aft. Boom Vang: Solid, spring-loaded. Garhauer jib sheet traveler upgrade Garhauer mainsheet traveler upgrade Batt Cars with Lazy Jack reefing system on main sail for easy sail handling Asymmetrical spinnaker with Telescoping spinnaker pole TANKS Fuel Tank Capacity: 38 gallons Holding Tank Capacities: Forward 23 gallons Aft 11.5 gallons L.P.G. Tank Capacity 5 lbs in stern locker Additional 5 lbs back-up on stern rail Water Tank Capacities: Main Salon Settee 43 gallons Forward 50 gallons Aft Port 23 gallons Water Heater 11 gallons Athwart ship Water tank 50 gallons SUPPLEMENTED BY A PUR SURVIVOR 35 REVERSE OSMOSIS WATER MAKER ON DECK FEATURES Standard Edson Pedestal Steering w/ 40" diameter destroyer wheel and Nav-Pod containing a complete AutoHelm TriData Instrumentation Package including ST7000 Auto-Pilot. Ritchie SP. 5 Compass w/stainless steel Binnacle Engine Control on Pedestal 2 Combing Storage Compartments 2 Deep Lazarettes Storage Areas Walk-Through Transom/Swim-step w/integral swim ladder Path Lighting in Cockpit and Swim Step New Garhauer mast and crane for outboard...custom installed into swim step (removable from inside stern locker) MOM (Man Overboard Module) Bimini Cockpit Cover/ Sun Shade Roll Control Devices FEATURES A BAUER GASOLINE POWERED DIVE COMPRESSOR MOUNTED IN FRONT OF THE MAST ON A CUSTOM STAINLESS STEEL CARRIER THAT ALSO HOLDS TWO DIVE TANKS AND HAS A PADDED SEAT SPECIFICATIONS Builder: Catalina Flag of Registry: USA Keel: Wing LOA: 41 ft 10 in Beam: 13 ft 10 in LWL: 36 ft 0 in Maximum Draft: 4 ft 10 in Ballast: 8300 lbs Headroom: 6 ft 8 in Dry Weight: 20500 lbs Hull Speed 7.8 knots