- 53 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The Stevens 53 is a good balance of safety, comfort and style in a shorthanded, long-range cruising yacht. Designed by Robert H. Perry N.A. in collaboration with the Stevens Design Team, this model incorporates over 200 years of combined single-handed cruising, racing and live aboard experience with the latest innovations in technology and performance, and over 325 vessels designed and built with the Stevens name.
This is a perfect liveaboard, comfortable and modern shorthanded cruiser, and great for the Bahamas and Caribbean. Excellently maintained, "Bricardi" is ready for her new owner to enjoy.
- BRICARDI is ideally suited to family cruising. Her easily handled rig, with in boom furling, electric winches and self tacking headsail, provides powerful sailing performance without leaving the cockpit. Her 160hp engine and strong bowthruster allows marriage saving maneuvering and docking; the low maintenance exterior means more fun and less work; her sumptuous interior has all of the comfort and amenities that cruisers want and need; her shallow draft makes the most secluded anchorages possible; and her well thought out swim platform and water access could not be better. BRICARDI is presented in ‘First Class Condition’ and is ready for new adventures.
- Forward, the foc’s’le can serve as a crew quarters and is fitted with a bunk and a head. More usefully, this area stores fenders and lines, the cruising chute, etc. Aft of a collision watertight bulkhead is the spacious master stateroom, with a Queen size berth on the centerline. Numerous drawers and lockers provide more than adequate storage. Double doors lead to the saloon aft, flanked by the bathroom to port, and a separate shower room to starboard. The main saloon is slightly raised with plenty of light and air from wrap around coach roof windows four hatches, and the companionway to the cockpit. An L shaped black leather settee is outboard to port facing a coffee table, while a similar settee to starboard faces a large dining table. Access to the engine, genset and other machinery is beneath the easily removable cabin sole panels, and to make access even better, the table tops cleverly hinge out of the way. The comfortable and well equipped Nav Station is aft to starboard at the foot of the companionway to the cockpit. Aft of this is the starboard ensuite double berth guest stateroom. The very well appointed Galley is aft of the saloon on the port side, convenient to both the dining area and the cockpit. Aft of this is the port ensuite double berth guest stateroom. On deck the designers have been careful to make everything easy to keep clean and tidy, with a molded nonskid gelcoat deck, anodized toe rail and generous use of high quality stainless steel. Teak is confined to the cockpit which is well protected by the dodger, mainsheet arch, and Bimini. Lines on deck are at a minimum with all controls led to the spacious cockpit and electric winches via convenient and useful jammers. Cockpit seating accommodates eight or more people with a folding white fiberglass table, and twin wheels aft provide the best view of the sails on either tack while allowing the easiest access to the full beam swim platform aft. The Stevens 53, from the boards of Robert Perry and the Stevens Design Team, is the result of years of experience and more than 300 yachts built with the Stevens name. A high quality modern family cruiser with good performance, practicality, comfort, safety, and ease of handling has been admirably achieved.
- Interior Features
- All joinery is satin finished blond teak Cabin sole throughout is teak and holly with removable locking floorboards Leather upholstery in saloon 3 ensuite staterooms One piece white bathroom enclosures Corian counter tops in galley and bathrooms 6 Hella DC fans LED high efficiency lighting throughout
- Navigation Equipment
- Raymarine ST6000 linear hydraulic autopilot Raymarine MFDs, 2 at helm and 2 at nav station display wind, depth, speed etc. Raymarine Pathfinder Radar/plotter with displays at helm and nav station VHF radio with speakers and handsets at helm and nav station KVH TracPhone
- Other Electronics
- Sony flat panel LCD TV in saloon DirecTV satellite decoder Bose surround sound stereo with speakers in saloon and cockpit Pioneer (car style) CD/radio stereo
- Mechanical and Electrical Equipment
- Yanmar 4LHA-HT 160hp diesel engine with 750 hours Kohler 13kw generator with 1116 hours Lead foam lined machinery space Flexible engine mounts for minimal sound transmission Aqua Drive thrust bearing 3 bladed MaxProp Aqua-Lift mufflers and gas/water separators on engine and genset Morse engine controls Racor 500FG fuel filters for engine and genset Lewmar bow thruster Edson steering system with twin 44 inch Destroyer wheels Spectra watermaker Tecma electric heads 2 holding tanks with discharge Seward 11 gallon water heater Surflo hot and cold pressure water system Newmar ES-5 and ES-6 electrical panels with circuit breakers and meters Shore power inlets port and starboard
- Galley and Domestic Equipment
- Alpes Inox triple stainless steel sinks Corian Countertop with stainless grab rail Alpes Inox 4 burner propane stove with oven GE Profile microwave/convection oven Fisher & Paykel drawer type dishwasher Tundra front loading fridge and freezer Top loading holding plate deep freezer. Fresh and salt water foot pumps U-line icemaker Thor Energy Star front loading combo washer dryer Marine Air 16,000btu and 10,000btu air conditioning units
- Deck Equipment and Features
- 10 Lewmar Ocean series hatches with ventilators and covers 4 fixed hull ports 4 Lewmar opening ports 6 fixed widows in saloon Lewmar vertical axis windlass with capstan Double bow roller 30kg Bruce anchor with all chain rode 30# Danforth anchor with chain and rope rode 1” dia stainless steel stations with double lifelines Boarding gates port and starboard with stainless steel boarding ladders Transom mounted swim platform with teak grate and stainless steel bathing ladder Hot and cold deck shower 2 Pompanette fishing chairs aft Marina water hook up White fiberglass and stainless steel folding cockpit table Surflo deck wash pump with y-valve for fresh or salt
- Sailing Equipment
- Three spreader aluminum fractional rigged mast Leisure furl boom with vang Harken furling headstay 2 Lewmar 48 electric 2 speed winches 2 Lewmar 54 electric 2 speed winches 2 Lewmar 48 manual 2 speed winches Lewmar Jammers 2 carbon fiber spinnaker poles Lewmar turning blocks and tracks Fully battened mainsail Non overlapping jib with single line sheet and track Gennaker
- Safety Equipment
- Rule 3500 electric bilge pump Rule 2000 electric bilge pump 2 Henderson Manual bilge pumps Zodiac 8 man liferaft in stainless steel cradle Fire extinguishers EPIRB
- Hull construction is solid fiberglass with vinylester outer laminates and Neste MaxGuard gelcoat Deck is composite cored with cross-linked foam, isothalic polyester resin fiberglass and Neste MaxGuard gelcoat
- BRICARDI is offered for sale at a very attractive price. She offers more than most other yachts in her class and represents excellent value in today’s market. Inspection is essential to appreciate all she has to offer. Broker interest.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.