- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- QSC-600 w/Zeus Drive
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
The Viking 42 Open is a must see, as the Zeus pod system allows more interior space than a boat with traditional drives. As you enter the cabin, the spacious salon/galley provides for a large L-shaped lounge and teak table. To starboard, the galley is outfitted with all of the amenities you might expect to find on her larger siblings. Forward, the bow stateroom is built with a queen island berth with private access to the head. A second stateroom with 6'3" headroom is easily accessed beneath the helm, and features side-by-side berths and ample storage.
The center console helm provides excellent visibility. Additional lounge seating is found on either side of the helm, and three helm chairs are positioned to keep your eyes on the baits.
The split observation mezzanine in the 120 sq ft cockpit conceals insulated stowage compartments beneath the cushions. Access to the engine room is two-fold via manual and hydraulic lift hatches. In deck, you'll find port and starboard molded insulated fish boxes and a walk-through transom door with lift gate. No detail missed on this ride!
- Ablative/Copolymer anti-fouling bottom paint, 2 coats, primed Awlgrip engine room, lazzarette, forward bilge and anchor locker for enhanced visibility and easier maintenance Blister resistant modified epoxy resin hull skin Cusotm blended polyester resin used in structural laminates, top-sides, bridges, and hardtops Fiberglass side thru-hulls Hatch, Bomar, fore-deck hatch with Ocean Air screen shade system High performance isophthalic gelcoat npg superior gloss, flexibility and outstanding weathering characteristics Hull bottom - vacuum bagged end grain balsa core Hull interior, isophthalic gelcoat top-coated with a durable high gloss polyurethane coating Hull-Resin infused cored composite construction, used end grain balsa and closed cell foam cores in selected areas for optimized strength and stiffness while minimizing weight Infused fibergalss fuel and freshwater tanks with fiberglass baffles inside balsa coring in sides for stiffness, sealed to the hull with resin foam Laminated end-grain balsa core in hull sides and top-sides Molded fiberglass command deck/engine room ceiling with foam core for acoustical and thermal insulation Non-skid molded in for traction and durability Stringers, fiberglass encapsulated foam Vacuum bagged composite bulkheads - Main engine room bulkhead, intermediate engine room bulkheads
- Aft facing dual propeller pods with stainless steel propellers Air conditioning - direct expansion zoned with reverse cycle heat for complete climate control throughout the interior Bilge pumps linked into monitoring system and connected to float switches for automatic and manual operation D/C pressurized fresh water system with on deck fresh water fill and cockpit dockside supply inlet with pressure reducing valve Dockside and overboard pumpout for holding tank Engines, Cummins with Zeus Drive with smart craft vessel view display with autopilot Engine room ventilation system with supply and discharge fans for proper fresh air supply and water intrusion suppression Fire suppression system, automatically or manually operated and tied into main engine and generator ignition systems with override Fresh water supply in engine room for general maintenance and cleaning Fuel and oil lines, flexible, steel reinforced USCG approved Fuel priming pumps Hour meters on main engines and generator Hydraulic actuated steering Idle and low speed exhaust relief for reduced vibration and cleaner wake at low speeds and trolling Integrated trim tabs with auto trim control Internal sea strainers for generator, air conditioning and all other sea water pick-ups - awlgriped white Internal sea strainers for main engine pick-ups Joystick control for low speed maneuvering and docking Mufflers - generator, lift muffler with gas water separator for cleaner, quieter operation PEX plumbing, fresh water system plumbing with manifold system shut off in engine room and forward bilges "Precision pilot" auto pilot (requires CMD approved GPS) Racor fuel water separators for main engines and generator clear bowl type, top loading for easier maintenance - includes vacuum gauge for fuel filter restriction - awlgrip white Seacocks, bronze, ball-type sea valves and strainers for all thru-hulls below the water line - awlgriped white Smart craft vessel view displays Trolling valves Water heater quick recovery, electric
- 24V DC ship's service throughout 24V/12V power supply with breakers on flybridge for future electroncis 110V outlet in engine room on aft bulkhead Anchor light/navigation lights Batteries, (2) independent 24V banks mounted in fiberglass storage boxes Battery chargers, (2) with thermal cutoff and switching system for complete integration Battery distribution panel with battery cutoff and charging system breakers Battery parallel system for main engines and generator start Color-coded, labeled and numbered wiring system with corresponding drawings Engine room lights, DC with switch at helm Generator, Diesel - 12kW Instrument panel lights for flybridge and main electric panel Lighting, overhead recessed in ceiling and rope type decor lights, 24V throughout Master electrical control panel located in salon with 12/24V and 120/220V circuit breakers, individual switching for shore 1, or generator supply and gauges for electrical supply, voltmeter, ampmeter, and frequency Phone cable is CAT-5 to accommodate current data phone systems Receptacles, 120V duplex with GFCI throughout Voltage stabilizer isolation transformer for more consistent, cleaner voltage
- Command Deck
- Controls: Top-mounted single lever electronic controls with station select and keypad Center console helm full walk around raised for improved visibility with recessed electronic box Engine room access door with ladder to engine room Fire system control with automatic and manual discharge and override system located at console Furuno RD-33 depth finder/sea temperature gauge and ICOM 504 VHF radio Handrails, powder-coated aluminum effectively positioned at helm Helm seat - white ladder back with aluminum pedestal and removable cushions - Center captain and 2 companion Instrumentation based on standard engine package, lighted with switches in radio box Insulated soda box with lid located in starboard aft cabinet Lighted compass, flush-mounted on centerline Manual engine shutdown switches at cabinet in console Nonskid deck molded for traction and durability Offshore systems with audible and visible alarms: fire, engine room temperature, high bilge water, high exhaust temperature, and generator as well as confirming correct system operation Port and Starboard bench seating with vinyl cushions and lift tops with gas pistons and storage underneath Recessed electronics boxes in console for custom electronics package that is easily viewable and protected from the elements by acrylic fitted lids with gaskets andn stainless steel gas pistons tapped into lids and push knob catches Recessed radio box, large radio box on port side of console with switch panel inside Stereo speakers, tied into stereo system in salon with volume control in radio box Trim tab control switch mounted at console Trumpet style air horns, (2) Windshield, molded fiberglass wrap around front and sides with fixed stainless laminated glass Windshield wiper/washer
- Boarding box, fiberglass with non-slip, lift up top and storage Cable TV and telephone connections wired to a home run Dockside electric connection - 50 amp/220V electric, located under forward gunwale Dockside water connection with pressure reducing valve under forward gunwale Engine room access through hydraulically actuated mezzanine Fresh water wash down with hose bib located under forward gunwale Gaskets for all lids, doors and access doors Indirect rope lighting under coaming Laminated mounting plate in-deck for future fighting chair or table Lazarette hatch for inspection of aft bilge Molded-in insulated fish boxes, port and starboard with hatches and drains plumbed to automatic sump pump-out Molded non-skid deck Observation mezzanine - port and starboard aft facing lounges with vinyl cushions, with storage Recessed, stainless steel cleats and hawse pipes Rod holders, (4) stainless steel and flush-mounted Rounded cockpit coaming for comfort Sea water wash down with pump in engine room and supply under forward gunwale to keep deck clean while fishing Self bailing cockpit with large cockpit scuppers Stainless steel gas springs on all hatches and lids Stereo speakers powered from salon stereo with volume control Straps with padding to keep transom door and gate open Transom swim steps at transom door Walk-through transom door with lift gate and molded in transom box
- Air conditioning with reverse cycle heat with temperature control Amtico flooring, vinyl Cabinetry with drawers with finished maple interiors Fresh water gauge Lighting, overhead recessed in headliner Main electrical service panel, AC/DC, backlit for easier viewing Majilite headliner, with 1/8" foam & tricot backing Sliding door to command deck Stereo speakers - multi-directional, mid/high range Stereo system (12V) with 22" flat screen TV Table, high-low with high gloss finish U-shaped lounge with storage below
- Central vacuum unit connection with accessories Electric 2 burner surface mount stove with touch pad controls Exhaust fan, high velocity Galley countertop, bone-color Corian Lights, overhead and LED lighting Majilite headliner, with 1/8" foam & tricot backing Microwave/convection oven located in upper galley cabinet Refrigerator/freezer, large capacity, side by side doors Sink, bone-color Corian recessed in countertop with brushed nickel galley faucet Storage cabinets in upper galley, varnished doors, finished maple interior Storage cabinetgs and drawers in lower galley, varnished doors and faces with storage for utensils and other items, finished maple interior Vinyl Amtico floor Water tank level gauge and pump indicator
- Master Stateroom (Forward)
- Air conditioning with reverse cycle heat with temperature control Bedspread - quilted, designer style Carpeting Drawer storage under bed, (2) large drawers Hanging locker, maple-lined Lighting, overhead and decorative indirect Majilite headliner, with 1/8" foam & tricot backing Pillow shams (2) Queen-size, walk-around fore and aft bed with mattress and lift up top with gas pistons and storage underneath Reading lights, overhead with separate switches TV, 19" flat screen
- Guest Stateroom (Aft)
- Air conditioning with reverse cycle heat with temperature control Bedspread - quilted, designer style Carpeting Hanging locker, maple-lined Lighting, overhead Majilite headliner, with 1/8" foam & tricot backing Pillow shams (2) Side by side bunks with foam mattress Stereo speakers recessed in headliner tied into salon stereo with volume control
- Air conditioning/heat with vent in soffit Amtico vinyl floor Exhaust fan with vent in soffit Lights, recessed in soffit and in ceiling Linen storage Lower vanity with face Medicine cabinet with mirrored doors Molded fiberglass vanity and sink with corian top and satin nickel faucet Receptacle, 120V Sealand with overboard and holding tank discharge Shower light Stall shower, fiberglass with satin nickel shower fixtures and with drain to automatic sump pump in bilge Towel bars and rings - brushed nickel
- Anchor - constructed with a high-tensile, corrosion resistant aluminum magnesium alloy Anchor locker with access from foredeck Anchor rode Bow rail, anodized aluminum, brushed finish Fire extinguishers (5) Fresh water supply in anchor locker for general maintenance cleaning Fuel Molding tank monitor Mooring lines, braided nylon (6) Stainless steel bow, spring and stern cleats thru-bolted to aluminum backing plates Viking Smart Decor package Water delivery kit with tool set Zinc on transom Gloss finish throughout Hull color: Snow White Bottom paint: Viking Blue Boot stripe: Viking Standard Blue Viking home theater Brushed nickel hardware throughout
- Optional Equipment
- Oil change system for engines and generator Electronic single-lever controls for helm pod on flybridge Helm air conditioning Teak helm chair with stainless steel pedestal Teak finish fiberglass helm pod Plumb transom box as live well without window and light Recessed dockside boxes with fiberglass doors and gaff storage Cockpit freezer and refrigerator drink box Corian countertop to be high polished in galley and head 12V CD stereo and DVD player in master stateroom One set of sheets for two staterooms Cummins QSC-600 with Zeus Drive Teak veil transom LED roping around helm console and in cockpit (red, white and blue) Teak on mezzanine and helm step for companion stairs Teak handrail at salon step in salon Custom headliner material throughout - Moccasinn Chamois Upgraded brushed nickel hardware throughout Fabric for hi-low table cushion Command deck cushions upgraded to Symphony Buff with bolster style
- Custom Equipment
- Palm Beach Towers - Custom Tuna Tower Atlantic Marine Electronics
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For more information, please contact your nearest Bluewater Yacht Sales office: Beaufort, NC 252-728-2645 Baltimore, MD 410-342-6600 Hampton, VA 757-723-0793 Grasonville, MD 410-827-0873 Outer Banks, NC 252-473-5010 Wrightsville Beach, NC 910-256-6643 Charleston, SC 843-722-4546