- 36 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Universal 35
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
With nearly 3,000 boats sold over the last 26 years, the Catalina 36 is arguably the most popular sailboat of this size ever built. The original Catalina 36, sometimes called the MK I, was introduced with the 1982 model year. The MK II replaced the original model in 1995 and shares the same principal dimensions as the original, although the beam is carried further aft resulting in a significantly larger cockpit and a more comfortable and roomy quarter berth cabin.
- Key Features
- Bi-fold companionway doors with screen and Plexiglas inserts (also original teak hatch boards) Hot/cold cockpit shower Dodger (w/protective window covers) bimini w/zip-out connector Hatch, helm, cockpit table, and winch covers Closed cell foam cockpit cushions Electric Anchor Windlass, anchor, chain and rode Wash down pump Three blade cruising prop 520 Engine Hours
- Sail Area
- IJPE : 601 sq ft I : 46.75 ft J : 14.33 ft P : 41.00 ft E : 12.00 ft Working Sail Area : 601 sq ft
- Keel Details
- Keel #1 Keel Type: Wing Ballast: 6600 lb Displacement: 14100 sq ft Max Draft: 4 ft 6 in
- Sailboat features a spacious, bright interior with large galley, two private staterooms, and one head w/shower: Beginning forward is a stateroom with a large v-berth, hanging locker to starboard and a large head/shower with private entrance to port. Next aft is her spacious and comfortable salon. To port is a varnished teak dining table which folds against the bulkhead when not needed to make a spacious lounging area or it can be dropped to make a double berth. Across is a storage area with drawers followed by a gaming table set between 2-seats. This is perfect dining area for two. It also converts to a settee or single berth. Next is her nav station with swing out seat. Aft of her dining area to port is a large galley with solid surface counters and storage cabinets. . All the way aft is her second stateroom with large double berth and storage. Sailboat has 8 opening ports and 4 opening hatches, head room is about 6' 5".
- 30 amp 110 system 16,000 BTU Cruisair air conditioning systems (digital control) (new compressor 4/2010) Xantrex inverter/battery charger & remote Xantrex Link battery monitors Marcerator pump for holding tank Two glass mat 4D maintenance free batteries (2009)
- 4210 Garmin 10” GPS chart plotter (new 5/2010) Garmin G2 Vision Card GPS WAAS antenna sensor (new 5/2010) Garmin 18HD radar system (new 5/2010) Raymarine 5000 Plus Autopilot interfaced with GPS chart plotter Raymarine ST 60 Plus Tridata (speed/log/depth) (new 5/2010) Raymarine ST Wind speed/direction Raymarine Mutli at Navi station AM/FM/CD Sony stereo with 6-CD changer – speakers in cabin and cockpit Standard Horizon 25 watt VHF/FM marine transceiver with RAM mic at helm Triax UFO Marine Antenna at masthead
- Double Stainless Steel Sink Hot/cold pressure water Propane Hillerange 2-burner gimbaled stove with oven Alder Barbour 12 v refrigerator with freezer section Teak storage cabinets and drawers, teak garbage bin
- Rigging and Sails
- Rigging professional tuned (4/2010) Keel steeped aluminum mast In-mast furling main Schaefer roller furler with 120 genoa Solid boom vang All lines lead to cockpit with sheet bags on each side of companionway Jam cleats replaced with rope clutches
- Single -Westerbeke M35 Diesel Engine Hours: 520 Horsepower: 35
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- Because the Catalina 36 is easily handled by a couple, has a big comfortable cockpit, a spacious interior with two private cabins and the integrity to pursue cruising dreams, many experienced sailors consider the Catalina 36 the perfect boat for their sailing lifestyle. The Catalina 36 MkII has all the important characteristics that made the original the most popular 36-foot sailboat in the world. The Mark II Catalina 36 is built in the same seakindly moderate displacement hull. It tracks surely and performs well in a variety of conditions. The deck is the classic trunk cabin configuration - proven, comfortable and functional. The main cabin and galley have received special attention to design and detail. The galley is a functional 'U' shape, with composite countertops, the sinks are near centerline for proper drainage underway. A large refrigerated ice box is aft and a dry food locker is forward. A gimballed, stainless steel LPG stove with oven is standard equipment. The main cabin can be arranged with a dinette or traditional table. The two seats and game table to starboard can be made into a settee or berth with the cushions provided. The entertainment center cabinet can be fitted with a stereo and concealed TV. The main cabin and all interior teak has the warmth and durability only obtained with multiple coats of varnish. The 36 has stainless steel hand rails and anodized spars, reducing maintenance on deck and extending the sailing season. The mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems have been re-engineered to increase dependability and accessibility. Engine access, for example, is excellent, with the one-piece, insulated enclosure removed. The hull is rugged, hand-laminated, solid fiberglass; the keel is lead with integrally cast stainless steel bolts. The mast is stepped through the deck on the keel and has inline spreaders and fore and aft lower shrouds, a sturdy arrangement that is easy to tune.
- Equipment List
- Catalina 36 Mk II Specifications - Standard Equipment - Spars and Rigging - 120% Furling Genoa, Dacron with UV Protection - Mainsail, Dacron with Reef, Full Battens and Dutchman Flaking System - Internal Halyards, Low Stretch Sail Handling - Inboard and Outboard Genoa Tracks - Traveler Control w- Adjuster System - Low Lead Genoa Blocks - Winch Handle - Self Tailing Mainsheet Winch - Main Halyard Led Aft, with Sheet Stopper - Boom Vang, Rigid Adjustable Type - Two Jib Halyards, Led Aft, with Sheet Stoppers - Single Line Mainsail Reefing System - Mid Boom Sheeting with Traveler - Two, Two-Speed Self Tailing Primary Winches - Self Tailing Jib Halyard Winch - Headsail Furling Gear Propulsion, Steering & Controls - Universal Diesel Engine, 30 hp., Model 35 4 Cylinder Fresh Water Cooled, with Panel and Tachometer - Pedestal Steering, Brake, Engine Controls - 5" Illuminated Binnacle Compass - 3 Blade Bronze Propeller - 40" Destroyer Wheel with Stainless Steel Pedestal Guard - Bilge Blower Deck and Exterior Hardware - Walk Through Stern with Removable Helm Seat - One Piece Fiberglass Hull, White - One Piece Fiberglass Deck, White with Gray Two-Tone - Molded-in Gel Coat Waterline, Midwatch Blue - Midwatch Blue Sheer Stripes - Molded-in nonskid Texture Surface - Fiberglass Hull and Deck Liners - Coaming Compartment, Starboard - Double Rail Bow and Stern Pulpits - Stern Boarding Ladder with Contour Treads - Stern Rails with Observation Seats Port and Starboard - Hand Rails on Cabin Top, Stainless Steel Double Lifelines with Pelican Hooks - Anchor Locker on Foredeck Interior - Varnish finish on Interior - Teak and Holly Veneer Sole - Cabin Window Shades - Hanging Locker with Bureau - Chart Table with Swivel Seat - Teak Veneer Bulkheads and Teak Interior Trim - Opening Ports with Screens - Ventilation Hatch, Main Cabin, Aluminum Framed - Berth Linen Package for Fore and Aft Double Berths - Entertainment Cabinet - Opening Hatch in Head Compartment, Aluminum Framed - Pillow Type Cushions Galley - Refrigeration System, DC Power - Two Burner Stove with Oven, Stainless Steel, LPG with Auto Ignition - Large Icebox with Shelves - Pump for Discharge of Icebox Plumbing - Hot & Cold Pressure Water System in Galley and Head, with Shower - Manual Bilge Pump - Electric Bilge Pump - Hot and Cold Shower on Stern - Marine Head with Holding Tank, Deck Discharge Outlet - Macerator Pump for Overboard Discharge of Holding Tank Electrical System - Marine Battery Charger - DC Electrical System with Safety Switch and Panel with Breakers - AC Dockside Power with 6 Outlets, Polarity Indicator and Breakers - Battery Condition Meter - Anchor Light on Masthead - Deck Light and Steaming Light on Mast - Cabin and Navigation Lights - Electric Anchor Windlass, Vertical with Chain Gypsy - Leather Wrapped Wheel in Lieu of Standard - Cockpit Dodger, - Cockpit Dodger, Side Panels, Window Covers and Bimini with Connector Panel - Cockpit Cushions, Vinyl, White, with Gray Piping - Cockpit Cushions, Safety and Equipment Package - Fiberglass Cockpit Table with Two Leaves - Ultraleather Main Cabin Upholstery in Lieu of Standard - AC Powered - Electronics Packages - Raytheon ST60 Speed and Depth Systems Mounted on 3 Instrument NavPod with 1" AngleGuard - VHF Radio: Raytheon Ray 45 with Antenna - VHF Radio: Standard Intrepid with RAM Microphone and Antenna - Wind Package: Raytheon ST60 Wind System - Navstation Repeater: Raytheon ST60 Multi Display - Chartplotter: Raytheon RL70RC Radar-ready 7" Display on NavPod with Ray 112 GPS antenna - Navstation Display: Raytheon RL70 Second Station for Chartplotter - Radar - Radar Antenna: Raytheon 2 kW Dome and Cable, Mast Mounted. - ST4000 Autopilot: Raytheon Wheel Mounted System - ST5000 Autopilot: Raytheon Inboard System - Stereo B. Sony CD - Receiver, Two Pair Poly-Planar Speakers each in Main Cabin and Cockpit with Remote Control - Stereo C. Sony Cassette - Receiver - CD Controller, 10 CD Changer, Two Pair Poly-Planar Speakers each in Main Cabin and Cockpit with Remote Control - TV - VCR Combo Unit with Remote Control, 12 Volt Dedicated Inverter and Marine Antenna Auxiliary Power - Three Blade Cruising Propeller in Lieu of Std. 2 Blade