- 30 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Power Tilt
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
HONDA 9.9 HP OUTBOARD ENGINES W/ELECTRIC TILT!!
This fine vessel is a well equipped and very clean example of the very popular Maine Cat 30 cruising catamaran. This very attractive design has fine performance on all points of sail - even upwind with the centerboard down, great visibility for both helmsman and passengers from the all weather cockpit, good underwing clearance to prevent slamming and comfortable and private accommodations for five+. The Maine Cat's stability and absence of heeling provide unparalleled comfort and safety. The wide beam develops a powerful righting force which keeps Maine Cats sailing level and dampens any tendency to roll or yaw in cross or quartering seas. The bridgedeck clearance is generous when fully loaded and slamming in short seas has been virtually eliminated.
- Max Draft: 24"/5 FT
- Total Power: 9.9 Cruising Speed: 5.5
- Fuel: 15 Fresh Water: 63
- The Maine Cat 30 can accommodate up to seven persons in two double berths, one single berth and one warm weather double berth on the bridgedeck. The interior has been designed for easy cleaning with smooth gel coat surfaces and satin finished hard maple trim. Interior furniture is constructed using Core-Cell foam core for minimum weight and added structural strength. Seating and berth surfaces are cushioned with 4 in. high density foam covered with zippered Sunbrella covers. The cushion bottoms are ventilated. Excellent cabin ventilation is provided by 2 Lewmar opening hatches with screens, four Lewmar opening ports with screens and two large inboard facing companionway hatches with molded lockable hatches and smoked acrylic crib boards. Bridgedeck: The entire bridgedeck is protected by a hardtop and removable enclosure curtains; creating a very large and functional living space. The forward end of the bridgedeck has a large dinette table with seating on both sides. This area may be converted to a double berth for warm weather sleeping. Port Hull: A companionway hatch and steps lead down from the bridgedeck to the port hull. Aft of the steps is a table/inside dinette area. This area easily converts to a 57 in. by 6 ft. 8 in. double berth. Next forward is the galley. Forward of the galley is a large single berth (44 in. wide at the head). This berth is large enough to accommodate two small children. Starboard Hull: A companionway hatch and steps lead down from the bridgedeck to the starboard hull. Aft of the steps is the Master stateroom equipped with a 57 in. by 6 ft. 8 in. double berth and a large hanging locker. Forward of the companionway is a large fully enclosed head equipped with: NEW Marine Head w/holding tank Scandvik polished stainless steel sink Vanity cabinet Large storage area in the forward crossbeams cavity Storage under foward bunks in both hulls
- • 8 ft. of galley counter space • 12 doors below counter with 3 of them with double shelving • Drawer next to galley sink • Scandvik polished stainless steel double galley sink with cold pressure water and single handle faucet • 2 x single burners Seaward Princess propane stoves set up side by side with sea rail kit and stainless steel heat deflector shield at rear • 10 lb. aluminum propane tank with leak test gauge, regulator and electric solenoid in vented leakproof locker under port forward bridgedeck seat • Isotherm ASU model 3701 12 V air cooled holding plate refrigeration system mounted in 4.2 cubic foot well insulated box; requires less than 24 ampere-hours per day
- • Pedestal mounted Ritchie Navigator FN-203 compass with light • Simrad speed/log, depth and wind instruments with extra display • Icom M502 VHF radio, remote handset at helm, with antenna and wiring • Garmin 182C GPS/Map w/chips for West Florida, antenna at Helm • Simrad autopilot with hand-held remote control/10 ft. cord and 1 outlet plugs • Horizon AM/FM/CD stereo with Poly Planar speakers • Davis Windex 15 wind indicator at masthead Handheld VHF & GPS Backups
- • 12 V DC and 110 V AC electrical systems • Lifeline 8D AGM battery, 255 ampere-hour capacity Link 1000 Battery Monitor • Electrical distribution panel with 14 DC circuit breakers, 4 AC circuit breakers, voltmeter and backlight • 2 x 55 W solar panels with controller mounted on hardtop • Heart Freedom 10, 1000 watt inverter w/battery charger 50 Amp • Shore power plug with 50 ft. 30 ampere shore power cord • 2 x 110 V GFI outlets • 12 V outlet at steering pedestal • Extra 12 V outlet at navigation station • Navigational lights including foredeck, anchor, steaming and masthead tricolor • Interior and bridgedeck lighting including six 10 W halogen reading lights, 3 fluorescent lights, two courtesy lights, and red/white dome light in cockpit • Light fixture with red light at navigation station
- Deck and Hull Equipment
- • Open bridgedeck design with accommodations in the hulls • Two large self draining storage lockers in the forward beam. The hatches for these lockers form comfortable seats with back rests. • Large cockpit seats up to 10 persons • Molded Fiberglass composite enslosure over the bridgedeck with 9 removable acrylic windows & sreens for three. Five of the panels can be rolled up and stowed in place. 4 side panels are removeable. Bridge deck is easily buttoned up providing dry helm/sitting during rainstorms and high winds! • Large acrylic windows on the outboard side of both hulls admit plenty of light • Four bridgedeck seats with storage lockers under forward, comfortable seating for 8 plus aft of the helm and forward on trampolines. • Anodized aluminum forebeam • Vinyl coated polyester trampolines (New 2005) on foredeck with solid centerline plank • Fiberglass composite hulls and decks utilizing vacuum bagged Core-Cell, vinylester and polyester resins with biaxial and triaxial fiberglass fabrics • Bonded and fiberglassed hull to deck joint • Vinylester barrier coat on bottom • Sealed air chambers (two in each hull) for positive buoyancy • Sacrificial bumper fins on each hull • Daggerboard in starboard hull only • Balanced spade rudders with stainless steel shafts operated by Edson rack and pinion wheel steering system with customs steering pedestal • Molded in transom steps on each stern All NEW control lines are led to the cockpit under the protection of the hardtop 2 Lewmar AST 30 2-speed self tailing winches 2 x #16 Screacher winches 7 Lewmar rope clutches Lewmar self tacking jib traveler system with ball bearing car and six ft. track Lewmar 8:1 mainsheet tackle on 9 ft. track with continuous car control lines Anchor tensioner Danforth Anchor w/6 ft. chain & 150 ft. rode Delta 22 lb. anchor with 16 ft. of 9/16 in. chain and 200 ft. of rode 5 fenders 4 x 35 Ft. dock lines, 2 x 50 dock lines Unique mast step arrangement directs 3 halyards, 2 reefing lines and lazy jacks to outboard turning blocks and rope clutches Extra Deck cleats added Extra 8 in. cleat on foredeck for anchor rode Stainless steel stern rail with inboard side rails Windline folding stainless steel swim ladder on starboard stern Shower head and hose with controls on starboard transom Four 2 in. bridgedeck cushions Aft cockpit enclosure with three screens and five acrylic zippered panels
- Mechanical & Engine Room
- NEW 2009 HONDA 9.9 HP 4 STROKE ENGINES!! • Engines are installed under the aft bridgedeck seats in sound isolated and ventilated engine wells • 18 gal. total fuel capacity in 4 removable tanks - all w/Honda fittings for easy switch • Single lever dual engine controls with low friction cables • Pressure water system • 2 fiberglass fresh water tanks Individual Engine Tachometers Individual Hour Meters FW Flush for Each Electric Start Electric Tilt
- Sailing Equipment
- Rig • Fractional sloop rig • Custom 42 ft. Metalmast anodized aluminum mast with single spreaders • Metalmast anodized aluminum boom with single line reefing system (2 reefs) NEW CUSTOM STAK PAK BY NICK POPE! Sails: Fully battened (5 battens) 366 sq. ft. radial cut mainsail with Tides Marine "Strong Track" (New 2003) Roller furling 134 sq. ft. radial cut self-tacking jib with Schaefer 2100 Series roller furling system Screacher package: 590 sq. ft. roller furling screecher, removable aluminum bowsprit with custom cable guys and roller furling gear, sheet lines Burgundy Mainsail cover Burgundy Jib Cover
- Brokers Comments
- A simple live aboard cruiser for a short weekend getaway or the tropical cruise to the Bahamas and beyond! Great shoal draft capability to expand anchoring flexability in skinny water depth to private anchorages that you can simply wade ashore! The combination of the highest quality marine materials and hardware, together with advanced building techniques, produce a lightweight composite assembly that is capable of handling offshore conditions and will remain trouble free for years with a minimum of effort. The covered cockpit area is superior with all weather enclosure that allows visability all around not found on other cats!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Click here to search for more Catamarans! CONTACT: RICK HOVING 727-422-8229 email@example.com