- 49 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Miles Aweigh is perfectly equipped for cruising. Her reliable, synchronized - and most importantly LONG LIFE - Lugger engines and Northern Lights generator provide peace of mind on long voyages. The electrical system is designed to provide the energy needed to run this small ship in the most efficient and dependable manner. The watermaker and stabilizers are a must for care free and comfortable adventures. The semi-displacement hull with full length, prop protecting keel and soft chines offers a very sea kindly ride at hull speed. And that's just the beginning of a long list of superlatives. Another mentionable is the beautiful custom shelving in the owner's stateroom (see picture.) These fiddled shelves will hold hundreds of books, CDs and DVDs!
This well kept, beautiful vessel comes with very detailed maintenance and service logs - your scrutiny is welcome!
- Beam: 15 Displacement: 50,000#
- Total Power: 225 Cruising Speed: 8.5kt Max Speed: 12kt
- Fuel: 1200 Fresh Water: 500
- The galley features its own opening window, lots of counter space, a deep, double stainless sink, cabinets galore and undercabinet fluorescent lighting. A large custom deep-freeze is built into the corner cabinet. With several inches of insulation and a top loading arrangement, this great freezer is extraordinarily efficient to operate. 4 burner Magic Chef LPG stove with oven Sharp microwave Tundra refrigerator with sectional freezer - unparalleled reputation for long-lasting performance in the marine environment U-line icemaker Quiet Line Washer/Dryer combo Large pantry across from galley (see picture)
- Raytheon E120 chart plotter with charts for east coast and a E80 chart plotter/repeater on flybridge - new 2008 Furuno SSB Raytheon 48 mile radar - new 2008 Benmar 2000 autopilot with repeater Furuno weatherfax Datamarine four function depth sounder/speed/temp/log with repeater Hummingbird fishfinder Two Standard Horizon VHF radios Follow-me-TV with satellite dish Visio 26" flat screen HDTV - new 2008 Yamaha AVdigital receiver/amplifier surround system with powered subwoofer and selectable speakers in pilothouse, master suite and aft deck DVD/VHS Go-Video system West Marine aft deck stereo speaker system
- Twin 6 cylinder 225hp turbo charged, after cooled Lugger engines - John Deere blocks Twin-Disc transmissions (counter rotating) 2" stainless shafts, bronze props Hynautic hydraulic engine controls (overhauled 2006) Prop shaft logs and rudder shaftlogs repacked with Gore-tex in 2006 Oversized stainless rudders Oil transfer system Well organized fuel manifold on forward bulkhead of engine room Six fuel tanks with shut offs for all engines Northern Lights 8kw generator in soundshield, 3200 hours Naiad stabilizers installed in 2000, seals replaced in late 2005 Offshore Marine Laboratories 500 GPD watermaker 48,000 btu chilled water air conditioning/reverse cycle heating system - 4 individually controlled and programmable zones Glendenning synchronizers at both helms Vacu-flush heads Bilge blowers Fuel tank sight guages Racor filters on all engines Sea Star hydraulic steering Six feet of headroom at forward end of engine room Emergency tiller Trim tabs Three Rule 2000GPH submersible bilge pumps, manual and automatic operation and with high water alarms at helm Rule 2000 GPH shower sump pump Fireboy Halon 1301, Model 200CG in engine room Rudder angle indicator Loud hailer - Standard Horizon multi-function: fog horn, fog alarm, transmits and receives to make foredeck handling easier between captain and crew Bell Horn Inclinometer Azimuth 1000 digital compass Magnetic compass CO monitor Smoke alarms
- The current owner installed a Balmar 160 amp high output alternator with a smart programmable regulator on the port engine to charge the house battery bank and power the boat's systems when underway. Performing flawlessly, it maintains an even power supply through passages lasting more than two days of continuous running. It is connected to a Xantrex digital battery monitor that provides constantly updated readouts of system voltage, amps in/out, amp hours in/out and battery state as a percentage of full charge as well as a host of historic data. Balmar 160 amp high output alternator with a smart programmable regulator on port engine House battery bank - 10 golf cart batteries new in 2007, 1150 amp hours Trace 2000 watt inverter Xantrex digital battery monitor Starting battery bank - two 8-D batteries with Blue Seas digital monitor 70 amp battery charger Selectable battery combiner
- 11.2 Zodiac RIB: steering console, bow rail, built-in navigation lighting, built in fuel tank, bilge pump, speed, tach and depth meters and powered by oil injected electronically controlled 35hp Evinrude (clocked at 30mph) Golo stainless davit rated for 1200lbs (mounted on compression post)new cable 2006 Winslow 6 man life raft, new 2002, certification ran out this year so needs to be recertified EPIRB Maxwell 3000 windlass, controlled from bridge or foredeck also dual action 30Kg Bruce with 400' chain Danforth 20lb Fortress FX 37 with chain and rode
- Broker's Comments
- In the world of boat manufacturers, Defevers have always been a personal favorite because of their quality and liveability. The Defever 49 Pilothouse model cannot be beat for seakindliness, rugged construction and beautiful lines. I sold a 1978 Defever two years ago that traveled from the east coast of the US to Japan on its own bottom under the command of a retired Navy admiral -the only special equipment being a bladder fuel tank. At the age of thirty, that boat still stands tall and its age confounds everyone who sees it. The point being - these boats withstand the test of time. Miles Aweigh is a pleasure to have in our listings AGAIN because she is such a nice boat, equipped to be used as she was intended - for the safe and pleasurable cruising life. She stands out in the field because of her constant care, mechanical condition, cosmetic appearance and cruising equipment. Also, because the meticulous attention to mechanical details and upkeep that has been obviously lavished on this boat her entire life plainly shows. Definitely a boat worth viewing for yourself if you are considering traveling and living aboard. This vessel has enjoyed a succession of upgrades since 2000. She has been well maintained as can be seen in the hundreds (literally) of dated maintenance notes in her computer generated log.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- For more information or to arrange a viewing appointment, please contact Pam Valente or Lenny Beck, central listing agents at 800-627-2628. For quickest email response please use the following addresses: Pam Valente: firstname.lastname@example.org Lenny Beck: email@example.com If you would like to be updated on price reductions on this boat or new listings that are similar to this boat, please click here. Your email address is secure and will never be shared. We utilize the easy, safe one-click unsubscribe if you decide to discontinue our emails. Get Email Updates