- 90 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
1983/2003 St Augustine Long Range Expedition Trawler "SHAPAMA" Designed by DeFever.
Every once in a while a yacht broker gets to list an amazing and beautiful vessel. Well, SPAPAMA is exactly such a vessel. Her owner has painstakingly cared for her and the pride of ownership shows throughout.
Built in the St Augustine shipyard in St Augustine, Florida SHAPAMA is a DeFever designed steel hulled expedition trawler capable of transoceanic cruises. With her bulbous bow, 90 foot length, 24 foot beam, and deep, stabilized hull, SHAPAMA handles much better than any comparable expedition trawler.
- Displacement: 110 Tons
- Total Power: 480
- Refit Details
- SHAPAMA has undergone extensive refits in 2003 and again in 2007. The entire interior was professionally decorated and completely refurnished in a tropical motif. The refit included all new teak and maple flooring, carpeting, wall coverings, furniture, ceiling panels, Cantaloupe light fixtures throughout, artwork, granite countertops, linens, flatware, glassware, and full service for 10. The aft deck salon was refit to include a new wine cooler, under counter refrigerator, microwave, countertops, upholstery, and trim. The Cockpit area was redesigned to include a new built in cabinet, sink, large seating area, and new freshwater pumps. A 10 ton air conditioning system was added to advance quick cooling in the interior spaces. The water maker and filtration system were completely replaced and upgraded to produce 2200 gallons of water of fresh water in 20-30 hours. The water is clean down to one micron, cleaner than most municipal water supplies. A complete set of spare parts including a/c pumps and compressors, filters, seals, cutlass bearings, water pumps and many others parts completes an extensive spare parts inventory. The main engine exhaust was reworked, voltage regulators/alternators, were either rebuilt or replaced as well as the main circuit breakers, and shore power connections. The original stuffing boxes have been replaced with German made dry seal shafts. Topside there is built in seating areas, tables, BBQ grill, refrigerator, and full service sink. Also found on the top deck are two 4000 pound cranes and water toys including: two wave runners, two kayaks, and an 18 foot Zodiac Hurricane with twin 70 hp Yamaha outboard engines. A spare set a stainless steel shafts are stored along the side of the dingy cradle The hull, engine rooms, chain locker, and the lazarette were sandblasted to the bare metal, primed with two coats of epoxy primer and then painted with two coats of AWLGRIP paint. The beautiful dark blue hull and white decks and superstructure are stunning. State of the art electronics were added to the pilothouse and rewired throughout. A new 40Kw Yanmar generator and a 90 hp Cummins bow thruster were added as well. The bulbous bow was added for additional speed and fuel savings. The cockpit and stern were redesigned for added space and room for fishing and a new 700 gallon fuel day tank was added in the lazarette. Additional items that were rebuilt or replaced in the 2003 and 2007 refits: Detroit engines with major rebuilds Twin Disc transmission rebuilt New rudder bearings and housings Propellers tuned New 40 KW Yanmar generator All new hydraulic lines New bulbous bow added All new AWLGRIP paint for hull and decks All new A/C (2) 5-ton compressors New fresh water pumps Rebuilt Alfa Lavel centrifuge New grey and black water pumps All new hoses for water, fuel and hydraulic lines All new shaft bearings, dripless New 60 gallon hot water heater New Husky air compressor and lines Rebuilt NAIAD stabilizers and controls New salt water valves and through hulls New main and generator batteries (2) Rebuilt 50 Amp shore powers “smart boxes” (2) Rebuilt constant volt systems New fuel transfer pumps New bilge pumps and spares New fuel filtration system and algae kill system
- There are two salon areas on the main deck level. Access to the main salon is via port and starboard sliding access doors. The main salon is decorated in “island style” décor and has a very open and airy atmosphere with lots of natural light. The area includes a seating area, entertainment center and dining. There is ample seating capable of handling large parties and groups. Additionally the aft salon has all the necessary appliances, wet bar, and seating for 20 guests. In the aft salon there is also a wine cooler, under counter refrigerator, plus a separate ice maker, and a dishwasher. The interior cabinets are finished in bird’s eye maple with granite tops. The entertainment center has a large 36” flat screen television, VCR and DVD player with surround sound and a video library. The dining area seats six in complete comfort. The main deck salon offers a day head with vanity and sink. Below decks there is a large full beam master stateroom and bath, complete with a Jacuzzi tub and separate shower. The VIP stateroom offers a large queen bed with private head and shower. The guest cabin has twin beds and a separate head. Along the long hallway down the interior stateroom area offers large storage closets and a full size stacked Kenmore Elite washer and dryer in a separate utility room. Forward and under the pilothouse is the large, separate crew area complete with dinette/settee, private Captain’s stateroom and large crew berths. The Captain and crew share the head and shower. From the crew’s area and down a few stairs you enter the engine room and utility area complete with tool box, cabinet storage areas, and work benches. The pilothouse is stunning and large extending the entire beam. Separate seating areas to port and starboard make the space comfortable and open. From the pilothouse and up a few stairs you enter the top deck. A wonderful space for entertaining guests. The top deck offers two cranes with two wave runners, two kayaks and the inflatable boat.
- Redesigned to commercial standards, the spacious galley is complete with top of the line commercial appliances, granite countertops, and a beautiful tiled floor. The pantry stores, twin refrigerators and large freezer make onboard food stores simple and complete. There is a dumbwaiter that transports from the galley into the pilothouse. The area will please any chef. (2) Stainless steel Frigidaire Gallery refrigerators, 26 cubic feet each Kenmore Elite frost free upright freezer Frigidaire Gallery stainless steel oven with warmer and 4 burner cook-top Frigidaire Gallery microwave and convection oven Frigidaire Gallery trash compactor Frigidaire Gallery dishwasher Kohler in Sink steamer/cooker Cuisinart coffee maker Cuisinart toaster
- Simrad AP 50 commercial autopilot Furuno NAVNET 72 mile radar Furuno NAVNET 48 mile radar/plotter using Navionics chips Furuno GP-32 GPS ICOM IC-M802 SSB radio with remote speaker ICOM IC-M02 VHF radio Standard Horizon MP-500012 hailer/Fog horn Ritchie Powerdamp Plus 8” compass Raymarine L1250 color depth and fish finder with two transponders (2) Satellite telephones with weather reporting systems (2) Navigation computers with (2) different GPS and offshore navigation programs Security system with cameras in engine room and stern view MMC controls Separate gauges and control for bow thruster Full instrumentation for each main engine Varo stainless steel commercial spotlight Naiad stabilizer controls Full tank gauges and Datamarine depth indicator in crew’s area (2) IRIRBs New marine constant cooling with original as back up
- (2) 40Kw generators, port with 9853 hours and starboard with 1975 hours (2) Phase three battery smart chargers (2) 50 Amp shore power cords with “smart boxes” (2) Constant volt systems Shore connections for cable and telephone
- All new instrumentation and navigation center New seating area Portuguese bridge Command bridge with wing controls Dumbwaiter from pilothouse (4) Pompanette observation chairs Bridge seating for 10, guest seating for 10 Search light at each wing
- Bulbous bow added in 2007 AWLGRIP painted in 2003 and partial hull and deck repaint in 2007 All necessary survey adjustments on hull during the 2003 refit Danforth 150 lbs stern anchor with 200 ft or ¾ inch chain rode (2) 500 lbs bow anchors with 300 ft of ¾ inch chain rode (2) Coastal Commander life rafts, certified until October 2012 (16) New lifejackets (4) Life rings (3) Tender supports Commercially constructed radar arch (2) Hydraulic cranes rated at 4000 pounds Kobel fog horn Kobel air horn Hailer Galley Maid bow anchor windlass with capstans Galley maid stern anchor windlass with capstans Walk around decks with high gunnels Zodiac inflatable tender with twin Yamaha 70 hp engines (2) Wave runners (2) Kayaks Various recreational gear
- Broker's Remarks
- An absolutely stunning and beautiful long range expedition trawler, SHAPAMA is capable of transoceanic cruises and is ready to take her new owner’s anywhere in classic and elegant style. Her low hour Detroit engines offer excellent fuel economy and her many new features and parts should offer full service cruising with little down time.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Sold by United Yacht Sales California licensed broker Peter Schmidt For more information or to arrange a viewing appointment, please contact: John Peterson, central listing agent at 910-546-5760 For quickest email response please use the following address: John Peterson: firstname.lastname@example.org If you would like to be updated on price reductions on this boat or new listings that are similar to this boat, please click here. Your email address is secure and will never be shared. We utilize the easy, safe one-click unsubscribe if you decide to discontinue our emails. Get Email Updates