Related Searches

1926 126 (ft.) Fantail Motor Yacht

Inactive - This listing is not for sale at this time

General Information

Listing# 52527

Price
$1,495,000.00
Location
Washington, DC, United States
Manufacturer
Fantail
Boat Type
Powerboat
Model Year
1926
Category
Motor Yachts
Designer
D.B. Dobson
Model
Motor Yacht
Status
Used
Length
126 (ft.)
Beam
20
LOA
126
Hull Material
Steel
Fuel Type
Diesel
Engine Model
12V71
Number of Engines
2

General Details

Miss Ann is beautiful and striking in her appearance and offers a rich sense of maritime history. With the proper marketing and management Miss Ann would be an excellent income producer as a head boat, special events and diner cruise markets of NY Harbor, Newport, RI, Palm Beach, Florida or your location.
As one of the few remaining vintage fantail motor yachts she offers the elegance and charm of the era of gentleman's yachting.

Specifications

Dimensions
Displacement: 183 Gross Tons; 95 Net Tons
Vessel Walkthrough
WELCOME ABOARD "MISS ANN" AN AMERICAN CLASSIC. In order to better understand the value of this American classic as an intergual part of U.S. Maritime History, to follow is a brief recap of her history from christening in 1926 to 2010. "Miss Ann's" history: "Miss Ann" was designed in 1924 by Naval Architect D.B. Dobson for Detroit banker Mr. John French at 118' and christen as "Seile" on April 26, 1926. Miss Ann was constructed by famed American shipyard Pusey & Jones (Circa 1848 to 1948), Wilmington, Del. a well know American shipbuilder of the era renown as one of the finest builders of steel vessels for commercial, wartime and private yachts such as Acantia, Colleen, and the famous 294' "John Cadwalder". In 1936 John French sold the vessel to Robert H. Wolfe of Columbus, OH who renamed her "Sea Wolf" and berthed her at the Catawba Yacht club, near Sandusky, OH as his personal family yacht. On January 13, 1941 Mr. Wolf sold "Sea Wolf" to the Department of Navy to assist in the war effort. During her U.S. Naval Duty she was re-commissioned as "Aquamarine" PYc-7 under the command of Lt. G.A. Lange, USN "Aquamarine" was then assigned to the Naval Research Laboratory assisting in experimental work, chiefly underwater (sonar) sound. She was fitted with 2- 30 caliber guns and patrolled the Eastern Seaboard from Connecticut to Florida and the Bahamas. According to US Navy records during 1945 and 1946 "Aquamarine" had additional duty as a special tender to the Presidential Yachts Potomac and Williamsburg. It was Mr. E.A. Stephens, who found "Aquamarine" in rather poor condition but saw her beautiful lines and purchased her in 1952 from the Navy. Mr. Stephens the owner of "The Tides Inn" in Irvington, VA, then commissioned Mr. John H. Wells, a well known Yacht Designer who modernize the yacht, giving her a modern rake to her bow, a swept sheer line, new paint, and new machinery, from single screw to twin screw diesel, and added 10' to her length by adding a fanned transom. After 18 months of major and costly refit, Mr. Stephens re-commissioned Aquamarine as "MISS ANN" naming her after his wife. Miss Ann then served as the Stephen's family yacht where she was berthed at the Stephen's family owned Tides Inn and Resort on Carter's Creek, VA off the Rappahannock River. Miss Ann remained at the Tides Inn hosting many thousands of guest over the past decades and is a registered Historical Landmark of the great state of Virginia "Miss Ann" is beautiful and striking in her appearance! Offering a rich sense of American maritime history. In the world of yachting we often hear the words "pride of ownership". Very few vessels can offer the "pride of ownership" of a beautiful classic fantail motor yacht like "Miss Ann". When you drop anchor or slip her in to a berth every head will turn, even the Owner's of shiny new Super Yachts, will remark how elegant and beautiful she is. "Miss Ann" was sold once again in 2008 to her current Owner's that are operating the yacht for corporate day charter, special events and dinner cruise in the Washington DC market. Currently, "Miss Ann" is U.S.C.G. Certified to carry 100 passengers for hire for lakes, rivers and harbors. She is also registered in 1998 with National Registry of Historic Places (NRHP) Her history is rich and she is without question a "Grand Dame" of the yesteryear era of yachting.
Salon
The main salon spans 20 plus feet in length with 90% of the original varnished raised mahogany panels and large sliding vertical safety glass (1990's) windows in place. Access, is gained through two raised mahogany doors set 6" above the deck, as well as two mahogany French doors to the fantail al fresco area. The Salon is stately and grand reflecting her period.
Galley
There is a small "service" galley forward and to port for the dining area and main salon. The full service galley is located on the lower deck with ample refrigeration / freezer, pantry, dishwasher, and crew mess.
Dinette Area
The dining area is located forward of the main salon and reflects the same level of finish as the main salon. Like the main salon the dining room has the raised mahogany paneling. The dining area is fitted with a dining table for 8.
Master Stateroom / Receiiving Area
Forward of the entry doors is the on-deck master stateroom with his and her baths forward to port and starboard. Currently this area is used as a receiving and buffet station. The heads are now accessed from the exterior of the forward deck. This area can be easily restored to the yachts original design, offering an elegant bright and airy on-deck master stateroom with ensuite his and her baths. Currently the baths are used as day heads for charter guests.
Upper Deck
1" teak planking covered with fiberglass reinforces plastic and paint with non-skid. Stanchions 1 1/2" tubular steel with varnished cap rail at 30" above the deck. The upper deck is fitted with table and chairs, awnings and is a focal area for large parties for entertaining.
Lower Deck
The aft section of the lower deck has been removed to the frames. There are no staterooms or heads currently in place. The removal of the lower deck report took place in the late 1990's in order to access the vessel frames, hull platting, shaft bearing/logs, shafts at which time she was sand blasted back to good steel removing all flaking steel and treated with a protective coating preserving the hull. The lower deck area could be easily fitted with 3 double staterooms with baths, as was originally designed.
Exterior Main Deck
The main deck of the vessel is steel, provided with welded bulwarks around the perimeter, and periphery of the main deck is fitted with pipe rail stanchions and a S.S. safety line(s). Both are partially protected by canvas awning. Stairs located forward of the house and from the fantail deck provides access to the upper deck. Decking is 2" teak planks screwed under to the steel deck plate, bedded, and caulked with a polysulfide type material. The starboard side deck was replaced in 2006. Teak decks are reported to be in good serviceable condition. The portside deck does show sign of some planks need to be replaced.
Crews Quarters
Crew's quarters is located on the lower deck forward with sleeping accommodations, lounge, head with shower
Pilothouse
Great care was taken during the Stephen's family ownership and current Owner's to preserve the style and feeling of the original and traditional wheelhouse of "Miss Ann". Retaining the original main engine controls, the ships wheel and engine room gauges give the operator a feeling of "old world tradition and command". Access to the helm station is via port and starboard through weather tight wing doors. The exterior of the pilothouse is provided with varnished raised mahogany panels. Code flag compartments and Nav. Station are original. A Captain's lounge is fitted aft with settee and AC/DC electrical control panel(s). Re-fitted 2009 with modern hydraulic and electronic controls located on centerline just aft of the ships wheel providing, steering, transmission gear and throttle controls. Steering is via "joy stick" control. The original ships wheel is functional and exercised monthly and is considered a "back-up" manual system to the hydraulic steering system. The wheelhouse is fitted with five (5) tempered safety glass windows (USCG-reg) around the perimeter for good visibility in all directions. The ships dry stack exhaust is fitted directly behind the pilothouse.
Electronics
Kelvin & Wilford White Binnacle Compass ICOM IC-M302 VHF Depth sounder: Furuno LS-4100 GPS Garmin 1820 Radar Furuno FR-&7100D Loudhailer Trumpet air horns Ships Bell
Electrical
Note: All 12 VDC wiring is bundled and identified throughout the vessel with no exceptions. 2007 survey reports wiring is properly bundled with service panel boards and rated circuit breakers for 240Volt 210Amp.3 phase. A two-phase to 3-phase electrical inverter was installed in 2008 3h.p. 110VAC bilge pump is mounted forward of the port main engine, plumbed to the ships main bilge manifold system. 40USG 110VAC Hot water Heater. 120VAC fresh water pressure pump 110VAC lighting as inspected 3-16,000 Btu, Cruise Air units are located against the aft bulkhead of the engine room. All units operate within specification and appear to be in very good condition. A/C ventilation is provided on the main deck, pilothouse and crew area. Electrical: Note: Ship was rewired and brought to USCG reg's in 1990's. DC System Eight, 8-volt deep cycle in series and parallel consisting of two battery banks for 32 volts for engine starting. Two-8D 12-volt deep cycle for generator starting and navigational demands. Wiring type: 2/0 & 3/0 AWG multi strand cooper from battery to starters and 16gauge copper or greater elsewhere. Battery charger: Sentry 32 Volt 30 amp. In addition, Sentry 12 Volt 40amp. Entry system is 100amp. 220volt, 3 phase with circuit breakers, double pole, Isolation transformer, switching panel, and Amp. Hertz, and voltmeters. Wiring is 600-volt multi-strand copper All electrical meets current USCG regulations and is reported to be in good to excellent condition in the most recent mechanical refit 2007 Generator #1: 50Kw approx. hours 300 Generator #2: 35Kw Approx. Hours 350 Bilge Pumps System There are two emergency bilge pumps systems on board, one electrical 3h.p. 110VAC and the other is Jabsco engine driven pump off the port main engine. There are five (5) bilge alarms provided. All pumps are plumbed to the manifold that is configured to access all watertight compartments. All valves are clearly marked to indicate their compartment. The bilge system meets USCG-CO1 Reg. All through hull fittings, six are Bronze ball type.
Engine Details
Engines: Twin Diesel Detroit Diesel 12V71 rated at 360H.P at 1800 RPM's Serial Numbers: Port 12VA14560 Starboard -12VA14561 Hours (approx) 400 since SMOH 2007 & Heads rebuilt 2009 The engine room is very neat and clean (2009 engine room bilge cleaned by EPA service) showing excellent general maintenance. The engine room provides excellent access to all machinery, fuel management, bilge management and Gensets. Fitted in spring of 2007 are two completely rebuilt Detroit Diesel 12V71's rated at 360 hp. at 1,800 RPM. Engine beds are steel I-beam reinforced with transverse steel gussets. Engine mounts are hard mounts. Shafts are 5" with 2 struts, stern bearings and stuffing box(s) and two cutlass bearings for each shaft. Props are 4X4'blade bronze, pitch not reported At the time of installation of the main engines both gearboxes were sent to Twin Disc, rebuilt and reinstalled. They are: Model MG514, ratio 4.5:1 Racor 1000MA fuel filters and twin secondary mount on main engines. Racor 599 FG fuel filters are fitted for both GenSets. Vacuum gauges are fitted. All fuel lines are USCG approved Type A1 Exhaust is a dry type with muffler to dry stack. Shaft Material: 5" steel Ventilation: Low volume engine room venting system (2009) Mechanical Equipment: Fire Fighting via seawater pump from either the 110VAC driven pump to stations locations, three each with a 25'- 1/2" hose and high-pressure nozzle. Steering is cross hydraulic. Using a 1 1/2" ram attached to a 5" X 1/2" steel quadrant. Rudderstock is 5" S.S. with stuffing tube. Original steering cable remains attached for emergency manual steering at ships wheel located in pilothouse. A 380 gallon (2009) Polypropylene holding tank is fitted for the 5 heads with deck outlet. All heads are fresh water manual flush.
Deck Equipment
Bronze bitts Steel cleats, welded 2 Hawse pipes 220VAC windlass with gypsy and wildcat Note: In 2008 deck and bulkheads restored forward of the windlass. 120# Anchors and 300' of 3/4" chain each.
Bulwarks
Welded steel construction with a varnished cap, 48" forward and flowing the sheer to 30" at the waist.
Deck Hatches
Access to forepeak, emergency escape from crew's quarters and steering room aft.
Other Features
Miss Ann's hull was originally constructed in Norwegian steel and rivet fastens. Over her recent refits she has been re-platted and welded. Her stringer and frames are reported in good condition. She was surveyed and ultra sounded in August of 2007 and was found to be in sea worthy condition for rivers and lakes as per her current U.S.C.G. 100 Passenger Certification. There is a full history for the vessel and recent survey. Miss Ann has had many minor and major refits over the years. Most recently were electrical, plumbing and machinery in 2007.
Disclaimer
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
customContactInformation
Please contact Broker Michael Ferris at 561-662-1001 or e-mail him at mferris@hmy.com for more details. Skype - bigboatmike Your Luxury Yacht Specialist.