- 36 (ft.)
- Bridge Clearance
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
This 36 Nelson Marek Morgan Sloop 1984 is captain-owned and has been professionally updated by an experienced and professional yacht refitter over the last 5 years. Previously owned by a knowledgeable racer/cruiser in the Northeast, this yacht does not show her age and performance has been maximized with a faired bottom and foils, and installation of a custom tapered Awlgripped spar, with an extensive inventory of sails, mostly North Sails, new between 2004 and 2008, and hardly used since most of the upgrades were made.
The Nelson Marek designed Morgans are well-respected for their exceptional speed and well integrated with comfortable cruising accommodations for up to six. NOTE THAT SHE IS A KEEL CENTERBOARD VESSEL IDEALLY SUITED FOR OUR EVER SHALLOWING HARBORS AND ESTUARIES. Long owned by a skipper who helped build Morgans and knew exactly the top quality vessel that he was buying for his fast cruising comfort.
Walk up to Lopab and her sleek hull and decks shine as new, 2011 Sunbrella Bimini (stored in a boot cover), 2011 dodger with clear vinyl windows, 2011 cockpit cushions, 2011 mainsail cover, and updated color-coded running rigging, 5 Lewmar ST Winches, Navtec hydraulic backstay adjustor, updated standing rigging, solid rod vang, Harken roller furling, and all halyards and controls led aft, 4 new opening port windows, and you will know that this yacht is “loved,” and ready to take you to your favorite cruising destinations; fast, comfortably, and in style.
Step below through the custom Acrylic companionway doors, and the 12’ beam provides a spacious interior enhanced with a large salon/dinette table that folds upwards against the spar to open up the salon when not in use. A large deck hatch above the salon and one above the V-Berth plus 4 large opening side port windows installed in 2011 in the Salon provide plenty of light and ventilation. The varnished teak and holley flooring was replaced in 2011, teak cabinetry is satin-varnished, cushions are like-new throughout, U-Shaped galley with Adler-Barbour refrigeration, double quarterberth, front-facing nav table, convertible settee double berth, single settee berth, pilot berth, full beam V-berth, and spacious head, vanity, sink and new Jabco toilet, and an updated 16,000 BTU A/C system with new pump and compressor, are just a few of the features you will admire when you inspect this vessel.
If you are looking for a racer-cruiser that won't compromise for either use, this 1984 Morgan Nelson Marek 36 performance sloop will not disappoint. Lopab is maintained to a high level and is ready to fly through a tough marine survey.
- Mechanical & Plumbing
- This upgraded 36 Morgan Nelson Marek 1984 Sloop has very low hours on the reliable and well-maintained Universal Diesel. Most recent update includes a new fresh water cooling pump and hoses. The cutlass bearing was replaced in early 2013 and all running gear inspected and spray-painted with Balta Plate anti-fouling paint, including the bottom. Universal 22.5 HP Diesel engine.- 675 hours as of 6/13 Fuel – 25 Gals Water – 50 Gals Holding tank – 15 Gals Jabco Manual Toilet replaced in 2012. Prop Type – Two Blade Feathering Prop Cutlass Bearing Replaced in 2013 Manual & 12V Bilge Pumps
- Deck and Hull
- Bottom painted with anti-fouling BaltaPlate - 2013 Hull Buffed and Waxed - 2013 Edson Wheel Steering & Pedestal Keel/Centerboard with control pendant led to cockpit winch. Sunbrella Bimini, Boot Cover, & SS Frame- 2011 Sunbrella and Acrylic Dodger - 2011 Sunbrella Mainsail Cover - 2011 Cockpit Cushions - 2011 Five 2-Speed Self-tailing Primary #43 and Secondary Lewmar Winches 35# Delta Plow Anchor, Chain & Nylon Rode - 2011 4 Opening port Windows in Salon - 2011 2 Opening port Windows Head and V-Berth 2 Opening Aluminum/Smoked Acrylic Deck Hatches, salon & V-Berth Aluminum and Teak Toe Rails Fenders Lifelines and Pulpits
- Heart Freedom 10 1000W Inverter – Charger Heart Freedom 10 Battery/Inverter Display MarvAir 16,000 BTU reverse cycle A/C - New Compressor & Pump 2013 Shore power – 2 @ 30A 110 V Circuits with 50’ Cord Batteries – 2 Group 24 replaced in 2013 Solar Panel w. Regulator
- Harken Roller Furling System Spinnaker Gear Navtec Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster New Backstay - 2011 Adjustable Spinnaker Pole Mast Slide Five Self-tailing Lewmar Winches Rigid SS Boom Vang All internal halyards Two spinnaker halyards Awlgrip painted custom tapered Aluminum mast Dual Adjustable Main Sheet Controls with tweeker for fine tuning the positioning of the Boom Harken Two Way Traveler Adjustor System All halyards led aft. 6 Rope clutches on all halyards & control lines
- Navigation and Electronics
- Compass - Danforth Binnacle Icom VHF w. DSC function Roberstson-Simrad Auto Pilot (may need repair) Northstar GPS 6000i Color Chartplotter B&G windspeed and direction indicator (masthead unit inop) Signet depthsounder (needs new transducer) Signet knot meter (impeller not through hull)
- Safety and Miscellaneous
- Cradle Anchors – 35# Delta Marine & Danforth Anchor rode – 250’ of ½” Nylon Anchor rode with 20’ of chain Fire Extinguishers = 4 Life Jackets – 8 LifeSling with built in lift from the water First Aid Kit Flares
- Oiled Teak Cabinetry Teak & Holley Gloss-Varnished Flooring - 2011 Like-New Upholstery and Cushions U-Shaped Galley with storage above and below countertop Galley SS Deep Sink w. H/C Pressure Water & Manual Faucets Sleeps 8 in Double V-Berth, Double Quarterberth, Double Settee, Single Settee and Single Pilot Berth Chart Table - forward-facing Jabsco Standard-Size Manual toilet 6 gal. Hot Water Heater - 110V & engine-heated Shower in Head with 12V Sump Pump Stove – Force 10 CNG– 2 burner with oven (easily converted to propane if desired, needs tank) Refrigeration – 12V Adler Barbour with large Cold-Plate Marvis 16000 BTU A/C system w. Reverse Heat - new compressor & pump - 2013
- The extensive and lightly used sail inventory of this 1984 Morgan Nelson Marek 36 Sloop make it ideal for club racing or extended cruising. Most of the North Sail Inventory was purchased between 2004 and 2008, and this boat has barely been used and never raced since 2007. North Dacron mainsail Knighton Mainsail cover - 2011 Asymmetric spinnaker ½ oz. Tri Radial spinnaker ¾ oz. genniker 120 and 150 percent Kevlar jibs Roller furling 110 percent Dacron jib
- Additional Information
- Optional rub rail installed. Bottom faired for racing with fresh Balta Plate bottom Spray-painted - 2013
- Owners personal belongings.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.