- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
Dufour high quality, fast racer cruiser that will turn heads in any harbor. Saildrive with folding propeller .Beautiful Moabi wood interior with pulman berth in forepeak and double aft stateroom. Sleeps 6 in comfort. Seperate stall shower from head. Good inventory of cruising and racing sails. Easily cruised by one or a couple. Rare find on West Coast for this beautiful French built yacht. A must see !!
- This Dufour 40 is a design by Umberto Felci with the interior and deck design by Patrick Roseo. Construction is French. Dufour 40 is a comfortable and quick dual-purpose boat. The hull shows short ends and lots of beam aft. The L/B is 3.17 and that indicates a beamy boat. Carrying that beam aft adds stability and sailing length but more importantly, makes for more interior volume aft. The D/L is 165. There is nothing unusual about this hull shape from the profile and plan view. The canoe body maximum depth is pretty far aft. The keel is deep fin at 6-foot, 11-inch draft. The forward stateroom layout has the berth to the side as it affords a much larger fo'c'sle for stowage. The two stateroom layout gives you get a big lazarette to starboard, a nice shower stall and the large fo'c'sle. The deck-stepped, fractional rig is supported by swept spreaders. Sail area for the 40 as 958 square feet and works out to a SA/D ratio of 24. This is a handsome boat. The flattish sheerline compliments the contours of the cabintrunk. Construction is similar to what we see in many of the French production boats with a single skin laminate below the DWL and a cored laminate above the DWL. The deck is laid up using the Resin Transfer Molding (like Scrimp) method for significant weight savings.
- Deck & Sails
- Teak handrails on coach roof. Teak toerail on hull to deck joint Self-draining chain locker with eye bolt and laminated Windlass bracket, cover and locking bolt. Electric vertical windlass Stemhead fitting with anchor roller Pulpit in two separate parts with separate green/red navigation lights. Pushpits with horseshoe buoy bracket, Flag holder and Opening cable gate with hook. Stanchions with 2 levels of S/S guard rails. Mooring cleats on backing plates, S/S rubbing plates on Sheer line. Single chain plate for cap shrouds / aft lower shrouds including an eye for fixing extra control lines. Double Chain plate for fixing the removable inner Forestay and spinnaker downhaul Deck filler plates, 2 for water, 1 for fuel Harken mainsheet track on cockpit sole w/ adjustable traveler. Harken Genoa sheet tracks with piston lead blocks Double Harken sheet turning blocks with built in Jammer and pad eye for fixing spinnaker free block. Aluminum mast step with Harken sheet return blocks Removeable Furling Drum Hydraulic Backstay Adjuster 4 and 6 sheave deck organizers for halyard returns 4 Spinlock clutches on coach roof Harken 44 ST Halyard winches on coachroof Harken 48 ST Genoa sheet winches on coamings close to helmsman. Harken 44 ST Secondary winches Spinlock clutch on toerail for Genoa furling line. Pad eyes on side decks for spinnaker guy blocks. Sliding companionway hatch and washboards in Plexiglas with stops and lock. Stowage for washboards in locker GRP cover ahead of companionway with spray deflector Dodger (removeable) Bimini (removeable) Pedestal Cover Cockpit Cushions Outboard Hoist Roll up Inflatable Dinghy Set of Racing and Cruising Sails 2 Mains 2 Genoa/Jib 1 Asym Spin
- Teak trimmed seats, slightly curved, GRP sole Large sail lockers with lids fitted for locks GRP steering pedestal forming a footrest & instrument panel, with compass. S/S arch above compass Large leather rimmed Steering Wheel, Rudder stock head under helmsman’s seat for emergency tiller. Single lever engine controls & recessed engine panel Recessed instrument panel & engine panel Stowage bins built into engine and instrument panels. Transom opens in center by tipping helm seat, giving access to the swim / boarding platform. Large Propane locker in aft port seat Locker for small equipment in aft Stbd seat Life raft stowage in dedicated locker under sole. Swim / boarding platform teak trimmed in central Part. Cockpit shower in aft locker S/S swim ladder with teak steps Shore power socket in cockpit.
- Volvo Penta (40hp) diesel engine with Sail Drive Heat exchanger and anti siphon valve. Large capacity Seawater strainer. Control panel close helmsman with hr meter & Plexiglas cover. Alternator with battery isolator. Diesel filter with water separator. 160 L (42 gal) Diesel tank with vent and cut-off valve. Fuel gauge on chart table electrical panel. Emergency Fuel shut off handle. Engine room ventilation blower and 2 vent hoses Two blade folding propeller. Access to engine from front & sides. Quality sound proofing – high density foam
- Aft Cabin
- Large berth 195x141 cm. Headroom 1.98 M (6’ 6”) Thick foam w/ washable cover. Large Hanging locker w/ shelf & double doors. Seat forming shoe locker. Shelf with sea fiddle. Access behind engine. Oddments tray on top. Deck hatch and opening port light. 1 dome light and 1 reading light. Fuel tank under stbd berth. Water tank under port berth
- Navigation Station
- Large format chart table with hinged desk top near companionway. Vinyl covered Seat with stowage under instrument panel. Instrument console angled towards navigator. Bookshelf under instrument panel. Stowage under chart table with drawer and door forming shelf Dome light and chart reading light RL70 Radar at Nav Station(not functioning est $800 repair) ST60 Multi Function Display Zantrax Inverter Stereo CD Player
- L Shaped galley close to companionway Synthetic stone counter with fiddle, Double S/S sink Chrome plated brass mixer tap for pressure hot/cold Water. 2-burner stove with oven on gimbals. 12 V Electric refrigeration. Stowage under sink w/ shelf & Door. Hinged door with garage bin. Outboard lower cabinet w/ cutlery drawer & sliding vegetable baskets Upper cabinets with doors on hull side. Opening port light and 2 spot lights over galley. Crumb tray under sole.
- Main Salon
- Large U-shaped settee to port with saloon table & bar. 1 folding table leaf, Ergonomic backrests & seats in foam with washable covers. Settee to Stbd. Stowage under seats and behind backrests. Stowage lockers with doors & a book shelf above each settee. Light and ventilation by 1 deck hatch, 2 opening ports & 4 fixed port lights & 8 spotlights. Solid wood mast pillar over compression post
- RL70CRC Color Radar Radar on Waltz Gimbled Backstay mount RL70C Color Chartplotter GPS ST60 Wind ST60 TriData ST60 Multi Repeater ST5001+ Autopilot w/gyro EPIRB Ray 53 VHF Stereo / CD Player
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Personal items excluded.
- Personal Viewing firstname.lastname@example.org