- 28 (ft.) 3 (in.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 2YM15 - Sail Drive
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
"Carefully crafted in Bristol, Rhode Island, this Alerion 28 -- aptly named for the graceful coastal raptor, the Osprey -- is one of the most elegant, efficient, fast, and seaworthy day and weekend vessels extant. WIth its navy blue topsides and red water line, the Osprey is a classic beauty. Known by the sailing community as "the prettiest girl at the dance," the Alerion inevitably draws the admiration and attention of sailors everywhere. It also is a model of state of the art sailing efficiency. With all lines neatly issuing into the cockpit and the aid of a powerful RayMarine auto-tiller, the Osprey is safely and easily single-handled in the most demanding sea conditions. When the wind kicks up, reefing undertaken from the safety of the cockpit is done in a jiffy. The Gary Hoyt designed self-tacking piston-powered job boom allows for effortless speedy tacking and jibing. The jib boom also makes light air and down wind sailing -- including wing on wing in all conditions -- 40% more efficient than conventional job designs. With comfortable bunks, a head, sink, ice chest, and butane stove, the Osprey is a comfortable and nimble weekend cruiser -- perfect for the Channel Islands get away. With its classic Herreshoff lines yet modern outfitting and state of the art hull and keel -- including a folding sail-drive prop driven by a steadfast Yanmar diesel -- this sloop glides over rough and choppy seas and scoots along under sail at six and seven knots gracefully. State of the art RayMarine Electronics help ensure safe and efficient passages. Fortress anchors provide state of the art ground tackle.
Friends, if you are looking for an elegant, fast, comfortable, seaworthy sailboat for racing or coastal and island cruising, you have found it."
- Manufacturer Provided Description
- The new trend to elegant day sailers was pioneered by the notable beauty of this Carl Schumacher design, which sailors instinctively pause to admire. Quality produced by Pearson Composites, utilizing the SCRIMP system of resin infusion by vacuum, the AE 28 also delivers outstanding performance under sail, and is specifically designed to be easily single handed. We have a 15 minute DVD that amply demonstrates that advantage. With a fin keel and spade rudder providing exceptional maneuverability and stability, the Hoyt Jib Boom bringing off wind speed, and a 14-hp Yanmar Diesel Sail Drive adding reliable power, this beautifully balanced boat sets the standard for the ideal day sailer.
- Sail Area
- Working Sail Area : 352.00 sq ft
- Raymarine ST2000 Plus Tiller Pilot Raymarine 125 GPS Sensor Raymarine ST60+ Tridata Display Raymarine 218 Marine VHF Radio PC/ SEatalk/NMEA Interfacer Marine Toilet Single Burner Stove
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Call me to see this boat 805 469-6252