- ********* MAJOR PRICE REDUCTION *********
- This 6 meter Modern is located in Rhode Island.
- With the World's just around the corner here's a chance for you to be part of the
- excitement. The owner has substantially reduced the price of this boat. A boat that
- has seen a great deal of excitement on the race circuit.
- Designed by Gary Mull, Built by Eric Goetz, Driven by Ted Turner. Is there anything else to be said? Here is your chance to own a piece of yachting history.
- Boat Name: Ranger
- Sail: US 112
- Year Built: 1978
- Designer: Gary Mull
- Builder: Goetz Custom
- History: Built by Eric Goetz for the Yellow Rose Syndicate of Fort Worth, Texas. Cold-molded wood with West epoxy, stripped and repainted in 2002 with Interspray 800/900 inside and out. Deck replaced in 2002: plywood saturated with West epoxy, painted with Interspray 900. All walking surfaces finished with non-skid. New cockpit sole 2002, painted with Interspray 900 with non-skid. "Squall Blue" hull with dark-blue boottop, white bottom (painted with VC paint), and pearl-gray deck. She was first driven by Ted Turner in the 1979 Worlds held in Seattle. Mr Turner was fresh from the America's Cup and eager to continue competing at the highest levels. Ranger ended 5th of 25 entries in the regatta. Turner sailed her to 2nd in the North Americans in 1979, 2 weeks prior to the Worlds and participated in the defender trials in 1979 Australian- American Challenge in San Francisco, 2 weeks following the Worlds. Ranger won the US Nationals in 1981 for Andy Rose and sailed to 6th of 15 entries in the 1983 Worlds in Newport. Ranger spent the late 80's and early 90's in Fort Worth, Texas. Ranger was later donated to the Merchant Marine Academy, where she was sold to the current owner. Now happily reunited with her Gary Mull design sister, St Francis VII.
- She is equipped with 2 compasses, a self tailing winch for the main, 4 Barient 22's, 5 canvas line storage bags, tiller extender, fenders & life jackets, and jib furler. Lines led below to reduce windage on deck.
- For sail inventory, she has a new main (2008) and 3DL #1, as well as a 1/2 oz spinnaker, (although the pole is no more). Only used in the 2009 New York Yacht Club Regatta where she placed as follows:
- 6 Metres - New York Yacht Club Regatta
1. Ranger, Tony Widmann, Stratford, Conn., 9
2. Flapper, Jacob Vargish, Barrington, RI, 10
3. Alana, Thomas Rodes, Cambridge, MA, 18
- She has many other used sails, including a main and a Quantum #3 jib.
- A recent (March 2013) inspection shows the hull and decking to be in apparently very nice shape. She just needs a new home.
- She is currently shrink wrapped for protection but available to be seen by the serious buyer.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- PLEASE CONTACT LISTING BROKER - LARRY RUTTER - 401-338-3554