The Brewer 44 has a well-earned reputation for strength, safety, and proper sea keeping ability. She is an upscale version of the very popular Brewer 12.8 meter model. The design offers a large cockpit, big and easily accessed engine room, generous Tankage and refrigeration systems and a spacious interior layout that affords excellent comfort with plenty of storage for both cruising and living aboard. The transom was also redesigned for a more modern appearance with a functional swim platform at the stern, and the underbody modified for improved windward performance. “CIAO” was built by Ft. Meyer's Yachts being hull 296 of 306. She has much to offer including an economical 85 HP Perkins diesel, Generator, Air-conditioning and water maker. If you are searching for a turn-key vessel in this size and class, do not hesitate to inquire about “CIAO”
Bottom stripped, barrier coated and two coats paint 08-2013
Hull compounded and waxed 08-2013
- Vessel Walkthrough
- “CIAO” is a very spacious and comfortable yacht that has a two stateroom, two head configuration with the center cockpit affording a master aft cabin. All the way forward is access to the anchor locker, followed by the double V-berth with filler and includes a large hanging locker, numerous storage drawers, and access to the forward head with a shower. The main salon features a settee to starboard which is also a pull out single berth. To port is an L-shaped settee which also converts to a double and includes storage underneath. The drop-leaf table with storage is located centerline, and there are large storage lockers and a book shelf located outboard of the settees. Next aft to port is the U-shaped galley, and opposite to starboard is the outboard facing navigation & communications station. A starboard walk through passage affords access to the machinery compartment located underneath the center cockpit. There is a navigation/work area with additional storage, and then the aft cabin bulked entrance. This cabin features a king size berth, two hanging lockers, numerous drawer storage, and a head compartment including a shower and a bath tub. There is additional access to the center cockpit via a second companionway. The interior is finished in teak, and there is a teak and holly cabin sole.
- Main Salon
- The salon is very spacious and is finished with varnished teak veneer and teak and holly sole. All tankage is below the sole. In “CIAO” the mast sits forward and provides improved visibility at the table. The dining table is teak mounted on centerline and has two-drop leaves. There are storage lockers above the settees with bookshelves in between. The starboard settee converts to a double berth and the port settee converts to a large single berth. Just forward of the starboard settee are two large hanging lockers. A 16,000 BTU CruisAir reverse cycle heat/air unit located beneath starboard settee services both the main salon and the forward cabin, with two ducts. There is adequate lighting and ventilation utilizing opening ports, overhead hatches and dorades. Plenty of storage is available behind and under the settees. 12 V Lighting 8 Portals with screens Opening hatch with screen Ships clock and Barometer 2x 100 gallon aluminum water tanks 12 fan Marine Air Air-conditioning 16,000 BTU with digital controls
- The spacious galley U-shape design features large double stainless steel sinks with hot and cold pressure water, Force 10 Princess 3-burner propane stove with oven, solenoid switch, dual propane tanks, fresh and raw water foot pumps, Aquasana water filter system with separate faucet, pots and pan storage lockers, deep bins for food storage, 5 drawers, garbage bin, cupboards and shelves. Both Seafrost refrigeration systems have separate thermostats and gauges digital read out for each box and are cooled by air or water. Top or front load Seafrost refrigerator Top load Seafrost freezer Opening hatch with screen 12V Seafrost BD 50 XP refrigeration and freezer with separate compressors and evaporator plates in each. 12V lighting 12V fan Sharp Carousel 900W Microwave
- Master Stateroom and Head
- A companionway aft of the navigation station leads to the master stateroom. Outboard in the passageway is a large navigation/workbench and storage space. Inboard is the access to the engine room. The stateroom has a large double berth with seat to starboard and is finished in varnished teak with a teak and holly sole. A hanging locker is to starboard on entry to cabin. Access to the cockpit from the stateroom is through a private companionway. The head is equipped with a vanity and sink that has hot and cold pressure water, Shower and tub combination, Raritan manual head with Y-valve and holding tank and additional lockers. Marine Air Air-conditioning 9000 BTU 5 Portals with screens Opening hatch with screen 12V fan Stereo speakers Storage over berth Drawers under berth 1 Portal with screen in head Solar Ventilator in Head
- Guest Stateroom and Head
- Forward in “CIAO” is the comfortable guest stateroom with a V-berth and filler to make a double. There is storage above and drawers below that provide adequate storage. A hanging locker is to starboard. The anchor locker is accessible through double doors at the most forward end of the V-berth. The cabin sole is teak and holly and all other surfaces are varnished teak veneer. There is a large overhead hatch with screen and Portal with screen to starboard for ventilation and light. Head access is provided from the stateroom or thru another door in the salon. The head has a vanity with sink, hot and cold pressure water, Shower and a Raritan manual toilet. 12V lighting 12V fan Air-conditioning 1 Portal in V-Berth 1 Portal with screen in head Solar Ventilator in Head
- Deck and Rigging
- THE QUALITY BUILD OF THE BREWER 44’IS WELL NOTED. Hull and deck are fiberglass laminate of alternate mat and roving and bi-directional laminate tapered from 7/8" solid glass at sheer to 1 1/2" solid glass on centerline. Hull sides and deck are cored with 1/2" balsa. Hull to deck joint is through-bolted every four inches on center. In addition the hull to deck joint is fiber glassed. White gel coated hull with molded in rub rail. Hull color is white. Sails serviced Sail control lines to cockpit Hood Seafurl 3250 forestay Hood Seafurl 2535 on stay sail Doyle Stack pack Fully batten main sail Banks 130% genoa Staysail Adjustable Garhauer Genoa cars Whisker pole mounted on mast Forespar Rigid Vang S/S dual bow roller system Salt-water wash down system at bow 55# Delta w/250' 3/8" HT chain rode 35# Danforth w/30'chain / 250' 3/4"rode Maxwell 2200 Windlass w/helm and bow controls Four S/S hatches Fourteen S/S opening Portlights S/S dorade vents Hatch/Portlights/companionway screens Dinghy Davits 10’4” Achilles inflatable 8HP Yamaha 2 stroke outboard Avon 6 person life raft Boarding ladder on stern Fold-away ladder port side Fresh water fitting aft deck Cockpit cushions S/S deck hardware Foredeck flood light/spreader lights All winches are 2S-ST Barient #28 primaries-motors Barient #21 secondary’s Barient #24 mainsheet Lifelines Life Sling Outboard Motor Hoise on Port Side (2) Stern railing outboard motor mounts (Port & Starboard) Molded transom platform w/ladder Transom cold water shower Full dodger Full cockpit enclosure
- Navigation Station, Electronics and Helm
- The navigation station is to starboard across from the galley and faces outward and has a swivel seat. The navigation area also expands outboard in the companionway. The helm is well equipped and electronics are mounted for good visibility. Icom IC 706high Frequency Radio Edson Pedestal With Engine And Electronics Instrument Box Icom M402 Vhf With Command Mic Garmin 2006c Color Chart Plotter Autohelm Depth, Speed And Wind Indicators Autohelm 7000 Autopilot Sunto Compass Navigation Lights Chart Tables And Storage Jvc Am/Fm Cassette And Cd With 12 Disc Changer Tv With Follow Me Antenna Positioner For Use With Dish
- “CIAO” Is Equipped With A Full Ac/Dc Breaker Electrical Panel And All Wiring Is Stranded Copper Cable And Is Well Done. 30 Amp Shore Power With Cable 8kw Onan Generator3,700 Hours 6x 6v Agm House Batteries 1x 27 Group Engine Start Battery Xantrex Freedom Marine 25 Inverter/Charger130 Amp Link 1000 Battery Monitor System 150 Amp Engine Alternator With 3 Stage Smart Regulator
- Engine Details and Mechanical Equipment
- The engine room is large and easily accessed from the companionway or cockpit. All equipment is in good condition and serviced. Perkins 4.236M 1987, single 85 hp diesel Fresh Water cooling system SS exhaust elbow Full instrumentation Morse single lever engine controls Engine blower Automatic Halon fire control system Electric oil transfer system 3-blade 19x16 propeller and stainless steel shaft with Dripless stuffing box Separate thru hull and raw water sea strainer Automatic and manual bilge pumps 500 GPD Water maker (pickled) 1x 18 gal polypropylene holding tank 1x 35 gal polypropylene holding tank Manual discharge pumps and deck fittings Hurth transmission Alternator with smart 3 stage regulator Engine temperature alarm Oil pressure alarm Engine room sound insulation Dual Racor cross-over fuel filter system with vacuum gauges and fuel prime pump Verna-Lift muffler 2x Reverse cycle air-conditioning units Deck wash pump Shower sump pumps in both Heads 2x Seafrost refrigeration compressors Fresh water pump Hot water heater 6 gal
- Broker's Remarks
- “CIAO” is a fine 44’ brewer that has been well cared for and it shows. She has a very knowledgeable owner who is making a change in his yachting that his given her excellent care. She is seriously for sail and awaits the change of command to give her new owners many more years of pleasurable cruising.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.