- 55 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- V12 1550CRM
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
With every one of its premieres, Viking pushes the evolutionary envelope and this new 55 Convertible showcases timeless style, long the trademark of the company’s fleet that ranges from 42 to 82 feet. Sleek and sporty with nary a straight line in evidence the 55 Convertible’s profile is constantly in motion bow to stern from the aggressive rake at the stem to the gentle crown of the transom. In between, the metallic black windshield mask and molded feature lines in the flying bridge and deckhouse accent its fluid proportions with eye-pleasing devotion.
Every Viking benefits from its tournament proven heritage and the new Viking 55 Convertible comes to the party dressed like a blue-water champion.
- MANUFACTURER PROVIDED DESCRIPTION
- Since 1964, every Viking has been built on the foundation of building a better boat everyday. From every boat comes lessons learned that are commuted to the next boat on the line. This commitment to excellence allows each boat to be a showpiece in its own right enhancing overall performance and inherent value. The new 55 Convertible benefits from this long standing tradition and the proof is evident the moment you enter the roomy salon through the fiberglass sliding door in the cockpit. The William Bales and Company interior is like being on the pages of Architectural Digest. An L-shaped lounge to port has rod and general stowage underneath and is perfectly situated to view the 42-inch flat screen television, which overlooks a spacious dinette opposite the galley. Together, these features meld a most inviting interior ideal for relaxing, entertaining or campaigning on the tournament trail for weeks at a time. Built into the galley island with dual egress are Sub-Zero refrigeration and freezer units, while comfortable bar stools add useful and stylish practicalities. Viking craftsmanship and signature joinery work is evident throughout the salon, which features random teak varnished with a high gloss or satin finish for a rich, better than custom ambience. Abundant stowage is a given, yet the 55 Convertible takes this feature to the next level with honeycomb cored doors to help shed unnecessary pounds for speed and efficiencies under way. Similarly, granite surfaces utilize a strong, lightweight core for earthen beauty minus weight. An available peninsula galley counter also is available, which adds additional refrigerator capacity. Below, the three-stateroom, two-head layout maximizes the use of space for comfort and privacy. The master and forward staterooms each have queen-size berths with custom inner-spring mattresses and private access to the heads with spacious fiberglass shower stalls with built in molded seats. Crossover berths also are available in the forward cabin. The port stateroom features side-by-side berths with private head access. The washer and dryer in the companionway are conveniently complemented with a nearby spacious linen locker. Every Viking benefits from its tournament proven heritage and the new Viking 55 Convertible comes to the party dressed like a blue-water champion. The flying bridge with its center console command station features power-assisted hydraulic steering, single-lever electronic controls, and electronic trolling valves. Electronics stow neatly beneath clear acrylic panels, protected from the most severe conditions yet always within an easy glance. A Moritz safety monitor includes visual and audible alarms for ship and engine systems. A pair of Murray Products teak ladder back helm seats on polished stainless-steel pedestals is standard. Additional seating can be found forward of the helm console and adjacent on port and starboard lounges, each with removable jump seat backrests and rod stowage below. A sink with fresh water and an insulated drink box add creature comforts and cruise conveniences. Every inch of the 151 square-foot cockpit earns its keep with form that follows function. The flying bridge overhang provides shade and spray protection over the observation mezzanine. Built into the mezzanine deck, which features custom Sunbrella cushions is a freezer, stowage compartments, tackle space, a step-box cooler and engine room access. The lower level cockpit is fish ready with raw and fresh water wash-down systems, four flush rod holders, in-deck fish, and stowage boxes, convertible to an available live well or ice chipper container, a molded transom box, side locker stowage for tag sticks and gaffs, rounded comings, a molded nonslip sole, and a walk-through transom door with lift gate. Mechanically, the new Viking 55 Convertible is peerless in construction and performance. Viking’s industry innovative powder-coated structural steel web-frame engine beds secured to dedicated intermediate bulkheads isolate torque and vibration to reduce engine noise and ensure drive-train alignment. All bulkheads including these as well as the main engine room and forward bulkheads are vacuumed-bagged with composite materials for strength and durability. Custom high-speed stainless-steel rudders utilize composite drip-less seal rudder bearings that are laminated into the hull for smoother handling easily discernable at the helm. The Delta-T engine room ventilation system incorporates supply and discharge fans for proper air supply and water intrusion suppression. A comprehensive gauge package, plus remote engine start/stop switches are accessible immediately inside the engine room access door. In addition to high capacity bilge pumps, clean out pumps in the keel area, plus additional condensate pumps for the air conditioning and refrigeration systems help keep the bilge dry. All bilge areas are sealed with Awlgrip coatings for visibility and easier maintenance, as are brass thru-hull fittings in the engineroom, lazarette and forward bilge areas. Prop pockets help to reduce draft and there is a transducer location molded into the solid reinforced keel for better discrimination in all sea states. A 21.5 kW Onan genset is standard. Several engine packages from MAN and Caterpillar with horsepower ratings from 2,720 mhp to 3,650 mhp are offered with the new Viking 55 Convertible. Hull number one will feature a pair of MAN V12 1550 CRM engines rated at 1,550 mhp each. Preliminary speed predictions with standard fuel (1,414 gallons) and fully loaded with owner gear and equipment indicates a cruise of 33.8. knots and a top end of 39.5 knots. As with all Viking yachts, the new Viking 55 Convertible can be ordered with complete Atlantic Marine Electronics navigation and entertainment packages, and tuna towers and other specialty aluminum and fiberglass fabrications from Palm Beach Towers. Utilizing Viking’s subsidiaries AME and PBT means your new Viking will be delivered turnkey ready.
- DEALER SELECTED OPTIONS
- LAYOUT 2014 Viking 55' Convertible, Hull #55411 LAYOUT: THREE STATEROOM LAYOUT BASE PRICE 55' CONVERTIBLE POWER: MAN V12 1800 CRMN: 1800 MHP FWD SR LAYOUT: VIP CROSSOVER FORWARD ENGINE ROOM ENG RM: S&I 700 GPD WATERMAKER WITH AUTO BACKFLUSH HULL: ADDITIONAL FUEL TANK FORWARD FOR A TOTAL OF (3) TANKS POWER: MAN V12 1800 CRMN: 1800 MHP BILGE: AWLGRIP ANCHOR LOCKER EXTERIOR FB: BOAT TO GET TOWER AFTER DELIVERY FB: ELECTRONIC SINGLE-LEVER CONTROLS FOR HELM POD FB: REFRIGERATE BRIDGE DRINK BOX FB: S&I RELEASE TEAK HELM POD COCKPIT: DELETE HAUNCH HAND RAILS COCKPIT: LIVE WELL IN SOLE COCKPIT: REFRIGERATED COCKPIT STEP BOX COCKPIT: S&I TRANSOM CUSTOM LETTERING COCKPIT: REFRIGERATE PORT MEZZANINE UNDERMOUNTED STEP BOX COCKPIT: PLUMB TRANSOM BOX AS LIVE WELL WITHOUT WINDOW AND LIGHT DECK/EXT: DELETE BOW PULPIT & INSTALL BOW CLEATS FORE & AFT DECK/EXT SALON FORWARD WINDOW MASK NO WARRANTY ON COSMETIC FINISH HULL: DC BOW THRUSTER HULL: BOTTOM PAINT VIKING BLUE FB: TEMP MOUNT HORNS UNDER BRIDGE FB: TEMP RAIL ON FLYBRIDGE, TO BE RETURNED AFTER TOWER IS INSTALLED FB: PROVIDE DEDICATED FW FEED FOR TOWER W/LABELED SHUTOFF VALVE IN FWD FB LOCKER FB: ZF ENGINE CONTROLS FB: INSTALL CUSTOMER SUPPLIED HELM CHAIRS FB: FLYBRIDGE CUSHIONS TO BE DONE IN ULTRALEATHER BUCKSKIN FB: UPGRADE HELM CHAIRS TO RELEASE MARINE TRILLION SERIES FB: INSTALL COMPASS IN RECESSED ELECTRONICS BOX IPO STD LOCATION FB: PAINT BOTH RADIO BOXES BLACK AND UNDERSIDE OF LIDS FB: INSTALL ROD RACKS UNDER BENCH SEATS COCKPIT: MEZZANINE COCKPIT COCKPIT: ICE MACHINE WITH DISCHARGE INTO COCKPIT SOLE BOX COCKPIT: TWO 24V OUTLETS FORWARD UNDER COAMING, ONE ON EACH SIDE (20 amp max) COCKPIT: SEAWATER SUPPLY AND FITTING FOR ADDITIONAL ON-DECK LIVE WELL COCKPIT: SHIP ABOARD TRANSOM SWIM STEPS AT CUSTOMER REQUEST COCKPIT: TRANSOM COAMING SOLID WITH FISH BOX COCKPIT: COCKPIT COVER COCKPIT: PREP FOR TEAK COCKPIT SOLE COCKPIT: S&I TRI COLOR LIGHTS IN COCKPIT OVERHANG RED, WHITE, BLUE COCKPIT: S&I THREADED COCKPIT SCUPPERS IPO STD COCKPIT: TEAK SOLE AND MEZZANINE TO BE DONE BY OUTSIDE VENDOR COCKPIT: S&I RELEASE MARINE TRILLION SERIES FIGHTING CHAIR COCKPIT: INSTALL STAINLESS BAIT TRAYS IN PORT LOWER MEZZANINE BOX COCKPIT: INSTALL BALL VALVE ON TRANSOM BOX DISCHARGE TO ALLOW BOX TO BE PRESSURIZED WHILE RUNNING COCKPIT: S&I TWO 12V OUTLETS UNDER COAMING ONE ON EACH SIDE COCKPIT: TRI COLOR ROPE LIGHTING UNDER COAMING; MING RED/WHITE/BLUE DECK/EXT: TEMP MOUNT RUNNING, TRANSOM, MAST LIGHT, BOAT TO GET TOWER DECK/EXT: BOW RAIL AS PER CUSTOMER SPECS HULL: CUSTOM NON-METALLIC BOOT STRIPE IPO STANDARD INTERIOR SALON: CARPET RUNNER, PARTIAL, CANVAS SALON: CARPET RUNNER, FULL, CANVAS COMPANIONWAY, COSTA, CANVAS CARPET RUNNER W/ STEP COVERS FSR: S&I 19" FLAT SCREEN TELEVISION GALLEY: CUSTOM AMTICO FLOORING IN GALLEY AROW #7700 DARK WALNUT IN DESIGN AROD #3000 OPT. 1 3" X 9" GALLEY: FAUCET TO BE SATIN NICKEL GALLEY CUSTOM: COUNTERTOP TO BE CAESARSTONE #4360 WILD RICE (MACLAREN) WITH OGEE EDGE-MW SALON: CLEAR ICEMAKER SALON: SALON DOOR WITH ELECTRIC DOOR OPENER SALON: CUSTOM AMTICO FLOORING AT SALON ENTRANCEWAY; AROW #7700 DARK WALNUT IN DESIGN AROD #3000 OPT. 1 1 3" X 9" COMPANIONWAY: VERTICAL TEAK STRIPS BETWEEN WALL PANELS IN COMPANIONWAY MSR: HARDWIRE NIGHT TABLE LAMPS MSR HEAD: ONE PIECE CUSTOM FRAMELESS SHOWER DOOR MSR HEAD: CUSTOM AMTICO FLOORING AROW #7700 DARK WALNUT IN DESIGN AROD #3000 OPT. 1 1 3" X 9" MSR HEAD: VANITY TOP TO BE CEASARSTONE #230 (MACLAREN) WITH 1/2 BULLNOSE EDGE FSR HEAD: CUSTOM AMTICO FLOORING AROW #7700 DARK WALNUT IN DESIGN AROD #3000 OPT. 1 1 3" X 9" FSR HEAD: S&I BRUSHED ALUMINUM SHOWER DOOR FWD HEAD: VANITY TOP TO BE CAESARSTONE #22 30 (MACLAREN) WITH 1/2 BULLNOSE EDGE DÉCOR DECOR: PRESTIGE DECOR DÉCOR: GALLEY ACCESSORY KIT DECOR: ACCESSORY KIT DECOR: SOFA, UPGRADED STYLE; DEWBERRY STYLE IN ULT RALEATHER #303-3914 BARK WITH NO ARM AND TOP STITCHING DECOR: CUSTOM WALLPAPER MATERIAL: DECOR: CUSTOM WALLPAPER INSTALLATION: DECOR: CUSTOM HEADLINER MATERIAL THROUGHOUT BOAT MOCCASIN CHAMOIS (INCLUDING WALLS AND SEALERS) SWITCHES & RECEPTACLES THROUGHOUT DECOR: SATIN NICKEL INTERIOR LIGHT TRIM THROUGHOUT DÉCOR: CARPET, FABRICA. DONEGAL #DG-12 RARE SILK DECOR: BRIDGE AND MEZZANINE CUSHIONS: (INCLUDING ARM REST AND DRINK BOLSTER FOR MEZZANINE) ULTRALEATHER #396-3134 BRISA DISTRESSED OUTDOOR BUCKSKIN DECOR: BAR STOOLS WITHOUT BACKS IN #303-3914 BARK ATLANTIC MARINE ELECTRONICS, 55' C PALM BEACH TOWERS 55' CONVERTIBLE TOWER
- PROFILE PICTURE IS SISTERHIP.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Please contact us at any of the following locations: Coconut Grove, FL – 305-856-8486 Dania Beach, FL – 954-926-0400 West Palm Beach, FL – 561-833-6060 Palm Beach Gardens, FL – 561-775-6000 North Palm Beach, FL - 561-799-9590 Stuart, FL - 772-692-7900 Port Salerno, FL - 772-678-4021 Jacksonville, FL – 904-221-2228