- 51 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- FWC Diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
KETCHUP is a 1985 Hinckley Sou'wester 51 with a lovely Stars & Stripes Blue Awlgrip (2007). This McCurdy & Rhodes design has moderate overhangs, efficient underwater foils and balanced sail plan to make it a formidable opponent in competition, yet she can be handled easily by a cruising couple. Over the course of ownership she has had many upgrades done to her and shows like a much newer yacht, right down to her Hall Carbon Fiber mast with in mast furling system, with Navtec rod rigging.
- KETCHUP has 3 staterooms and 2 heads, Espar cabin heater, Vacuflush head, new refrigeration, Heart inverter, and a Westerbeke 70 diesel. Her added extra deck hatches allow for plenty of ventilation. She sleeps 9 in four cabins. There are Off-white curtains throughout, Blue pattern covered berth cushions, and Blue UltraSuede covered main salon cushions. HULL AND DECK: Stars & Stripes Blue Awlgrip Topsides (NEW 2007) Red/White/Red triple boot stripe. Exterior wood is varnished teak Interior is finished in satin varnished ash. Hand laid fiberglass hull and deck of cored construction for additional strength per weight. The hull is cored with Airex, deck is cored with balsa. The deck is set into a 6" flange molded into the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. Hull stringers and longitudinal stiffeners are bonded to the hull and integrated with mast step and engine mounts. This past winter she had her whole bottom stripped, peeled, barrier coated and rebottom painted by Hinckley Yachts, Oxford, MD.
- The aft cockpit has large, opening, watertight sail lockers for plenty of storage and spacious seating. Pedestal steering has a mounted oversized stainless steel wheel and engine controls. The stainless steel binnacle houses a 6" compass and has a stainless steel guard with a custom stainless steel housing for chartplotter. Cockpit sole has inlaid teak and recessed scuppers. HRH folding Cockpit Table Cockpit Dodger (New 2003) Cockpit Cushions Bimini top (2011) Raymarine instruments were new in 2003 and are installed in an instrument pod above the companionway. Robertson AP 300 Autopilot, w/control panel on pedestal guard (1996) Raymarine RL72CRC Plotter/Radar w/ WAAS ant. and 4KW radar dome Raymarine RL80CRC monitor at Nav. Station Raymarine RL70CRC monitor at Helm in custom pod Raymarine ST-60 Tri Data sailing instruments in Cockpit Raymarine ST-60 display at Nav Station & Fwd. Cabin
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- The Forward Cabin has a V-berth with adapter to form a double berth. There are drawers under the berths and lockers above. There is also a hanging locker to starboard with shelves outboard. Hella fans, Frigast lights, and a Kenwood KDC-4003 AM/FM/CD player. Extra ventilation and light is provided through a cabin top hatch with screen. Next aft to starboard, the Forward Head has a manual toilet. Includes a porcelain sink with hot & cold pressure water (new faucets 1995),telephone-type shower with curtain to enclose shower area, storage lockers outboard, clothes hamper, mirror, teak grate on sole, stainless steel handrails/towel bars, and Perko lights. Opposite the head is a Double Cabin with an upper, lower berth, a hanging locker, mirror, chest of drawers, fan, Frigast lights and an opening cabin top hatch. There is a hanging locker in the passageway leading to the forward cabin opposite the cabin. The full width Main Salon has a large L-shaped dinette to port with dining table that converts to a double berth, inboard of the dinning table (centerline) is a customHinckleymade bench for two which slides on a track under the table, when not in use. Above and outboard is an alcove, lockers for storage and storage outboard of the dinette back. Opposite to starboard is a settee that pulls out to make a comfortable berth. There is a pilot berth outboard and a TV mounted at the foot of the berth. Clock and barometer are included. All new Ultra Swede fabrics in Blue. Aft of the main salon, to port is the U-shaped Galley which is out of the traffic pattern, fully equipped, and has plenty of storage. The double stainless steel sink is close to the centerline and is adjacent to the extremely large, top-opening refrigerator and separate freezer. A gimbaled stove and oven are outboard, with generous storage above and behind Iouvered doors. Above the stove is a microwave oven in a louvered cabinet. There is a large storage bin on centerline for the galleyware. A custom back splash has been added inboard of the sink. Additional storage is supplied by a chest of drawers, locker mounted from overhead above the sink unit, glass rack, spice racks, and a paper towel rack. (White) Corian Countertops installed in 2003 with an Ash fiddle. 2008 Force 10 (4) burner propane stove and oven Litton microwave oven Sea Frost Refrigerator Freezer replaced 2010 Double stainless steel sink Hot & cold pressure fresh water system Hand pump fresh water system Opposite the galley to starboard is the Nav Station with an opening chart table, nav seat with storage, circuit panel, electronics, and overhead light. Robertson AP 300 Autopilot (1996) Raymarine RL80CRC monitor - Nav. Station (2003) Raymarine ST-60 display - Nav. Station (2003) Freedom Heart Interface panel (1995) Freedom Link 2000 inverter (2003) Tank Tender gauge for water & fuel (1995) Kenwood KDC-4003 AM/FM/cassette stereo system with remote multi CD changer Next aft to starboard is the Aft Head finished in formica with varnished trim. It features a vacuum-flush head and a porcelain sink with hot & cold pressure water (new faucets 1995). There are lockers outboard and below the sink, a clothes hamper, mirror on back of door, and teak grate on the sole. The door which leads into the Aft Cabin is to port of the companionway. A double berth with a large hanging locker completes this cabin. There is also storage above berth in lockers, Frigast lights, and a Kenwood AM/FM/CD player. Ventilation is supplied by an opening hatch and fans.
- SAILS and RIGGING
- HALLcustom fabricated double-spreader CARBON FIBER spar with in mast furling system and full Navtec rod rigging (2003). Removable inner forestay with opposing running backs. Harken roller furling system headstay Hall quikvang. Navtec back stay tensioner Cleats are provided for all winches. Sails: All sails are by North Sails. North Mainsail 2003 (Norlam) North #2 Genoa(135%) (2003) Norlam 3-oz. Gennaker Storm Staysail Winches: (Lewmar and Barient): (2) Lewmar 66 CCEST primary electric cockpit winches (2003) (2) #32 STCsecondary cockpit winches Lewmar 48 CCEST Electric main sheet winch (2003) (2) #24 STC forestaysail halyard winches #27 STC main halyard winch #27 C jib halyard winch #24 C spinnaker halyard winch
- Heavy duty 12-Volt DC electrical system with master switches for both alternators. Large capacity alternator installed in 2008 (3) 8D AGM batteries (2003) 110 volt AC electrical system Heart Freedom Link 2000 inverter (NEW 2003) 110-Volt panel with selector switches and breakers 106-amp alternator for 450-amp/hr lighting capacity 53-amp alternator for starting battery 110V shore power with 30-amp cord
- Westerbeke 70 FWC diesel engine (NEW in 2003) with Hurth 2:1 reduction gear, Racor fuel filter Aquamet 22 stainless steel prop shaft Max prop with spurs The engine room is sound insulated (NEW 2003) and the engine is soft-mounted with Scatra drive soft coupling for very quiet operation. An electric oil transfer pump is plumbed into the engine crank case to facilitate oil changes and there is a remote oil filter. Espar D5LC cabin heater with 7 outlets (1995). New hot water heater (1995). Emergency tiller steering
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle system: Lewmar Ocean windlass (NEW 2003) HRH bow roller chock Teak chain guard on foredeck. CQR 60# anchor with 205' x 5/16" Chain Chain hook with nylon lead Equipment: Freshwater deck wash down system White life ring Life sling Horn (spreader mounted) Outboard motor bracket Boat hook Dock lines Fenders Hose Hinckley Stainless Steel Boarding ladder (2003)
- OVERALL IMPROVEMENT HISTORY
- KETCHUP can sleep 10 in her full Ash interior in three cabins and the salon. She has had a significant number of improvements over the years of ownership, and she shows like a yacht that has been well cared for. The major work was done in 1996 and 2004 included: New Hall carbon fiber mast and rigging with main furling. New Westerbeke engine New electric primary winches New electric main, outhaul, and board lift winch. New Corian countertops in galley New windlass New main and genoa sails New Bowmar hatches (3) Helm mounted Raymarine Plotter New Raymarine radar and plotter New Raymarine wind instruments Espar heating system New Refrigeration Hull bottom peeled, barrier-coated, and new bottom paint, Hinckley Oxford MD. - With a 10-year Hinckley warrantee! All port lights removed or replaced and rebedded Vacu-Flush head in master with 25 g. holding tank KETCHUP should be considered for any person looking for a pedigree cruising yacht. She is in outstanding condition.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: email@example.com