- 48 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Searching for the Ultimate Tournament Level Express Sportfisherman?
Then here is a rare opportunity to purchase a custom Carolina Express, designed by Ricky Gillikin of East Bay Boat Works. This Express is rigged and ready to go with a full Marlin tower with upper controls and buggy top, spacious cockpit with Scopinich fighting chair, 41 Rupp outriggers, center rigger, rod holders, 3 freezers, insulated fish box, bait prep station with sink, live well, transom door,and so much more. Take four steps down from the helm and be surrounded by the honey teak interior finish of a luxury motor yacht. There is a queen island berth forward with hanging lockers and drawer storage, port and starboard rod lockers. To starboard is the head with Raritan toilet, vanity, and ample shower. The salon has a small settee to port with entertainment center above, and an L settee to starboard that converts into a berth. Aft to port is a fully equipped galley with an L shaped Surel counter and matching honey teak cabinetry. Powered by twin 620hp Volvo diesels (1174 hours as of 5/2012), she will cruise you economically through the roughest seas at 25 knots, and reach a maximum speed of 31 knots
- The 48 Express features a forward stateroom with queen island berth, hanging locker, drawer storage, and port and starboard rod lockers that hold 12 rods. All cabinetry and bulkheads are a matched honey teak. The head is to starboard with an ample shower, mirrored cabinet over a Surel vanity top with powder coated stainless sink, Scandvik mixers, Raritan head, tile floor, and Formica walls. The spacious salon has matched honey teak bulkheads and cabinetry, low voltage lighting and a Bose speaker system. The entertainment center is to port above a small settee and includes a Sony stereo receiver, JVC CD player and a Phillips TV/CR. An "L" shaped settee is to starboard and converts to a single berth.
- Aft to port is the galley with ample storage in teak cabinets and Surel "L" shaped countertop, 20" GE two-burner stove top, powder coated stainless sink with Scandvik mixers, electric Smart Bar liquor dispenser, and a GE 14 cu ft refrigerator/freezer. There is also a Groco water pressure system (12V and 120V), Raritan 6 gal water heater, Lectrasan MSD with Atlantis Marine head, 150 gal/day WaterMaker, and a 16,000 BTU Cruisair A/C with reverse cycle.
- Robertson Simrad AP20 autopilot; Northstar 800 loran; Northstar 951GPS-XD plotter; Furuno radar-64 mile range; Furuno GPS navigator; Furuno FCV-292 color bottom machine; (2) Azimuth Fluxgate compasses; Danforth 5" compass; (2) lcom VHF/FM; Sea VHF/FM; lcom SSB w/auto antenna tuner; ACR-EPIRB Loud hailer; Dytek 500 seawater temp; Glendinning Engine Synchronizer (dual station switch).
- Detroit/Perkins 8 KW generator Dedicated battery and alternator serving the electronics 24V engine start system Six batteries Two automatic battery chargers Battery parallel switch 12V/120Vdistribution panel 50 amp shore power TV and telephone hook ups Custom 18 ga stainless steel instrument panel Dedicated 12V system and 180 amp alternator.
- The bridge deck has ample seating on large custom cushioned benches on either side of the helm, as well as storage underneath and in cabinets on the forward bulkhead. To starboard is the Hoshizaki 158 lb/day ice maker, bridge center with hydraulic lifting pod containing electronics, navigation equipment, and a solid honey teak helm with single Kobelt controls, a comfortable Hatteras helm chair and overhead is an electronics cabinet with chart lighting. The bridge deck has Bose stereo speakers and a 4-sided bridge enclosure by EZ2CY. The 48 Express cockpit features three freezers with 33 cubic feet of storage, live well, bait prep station with tackle drawers and an insulated, oversized fish box on the transom. The fiberglass deck contains: hot and cold water shower (12V and 120V), saltwater wash down, Bose stereo speakers, ample gaff storage, 30" transom door, electric reel outlets, 6 flush mount rod holders, 6 mounted rod holders and a Scopinich tuna chair. A Danforth anchor with 760' 5/8 Sampson rode is contained in the anchor locker.
- Additional Information
- Polished aluminum Marlin tower with full instruments and independent electronics, a large seat, diamond plated floor, spreader lights and Rupp triple spreader outriggers. She also features a completely insulated engine room with Kernalift exhaust systems, lube oil transfer system, twin Racor fuel filters (per engine), 2 engine room exhaust fans, 3 automatic bilge pumps, PYI dripless shaft seals, Perko seawater strainers, FireBoy automatic fire extinguisher, ZF 1.5:1 transmissions with trolling valves, Sea Star hydraulic steering, and Bennett trim tabs.