I am going to start these details off in a rather untraditional manner. I have been onboard many, many production boats over the years but, I have to say that this 2009 40’ Monterey IPS Sport Yacht really impressed me. So much so, that I am taking this approach to introduce you to her.
Her clean lines, attractive profile and incredible utilization of space and features compounded with the application of some of the newest technologies such as the Volvo Penta IPS Drive System. She is powered by a pair of Volvo Penta D6 370 KA diesel engines generating 370 horsepower with only 345 original hours of usage. This Sport Yacht is designed to maximize fit and function with incredible maneuverability, speed and fuel economy when we are all watching what we spend and burn. She cruises at 28 knots with a burn of 28 gal/hour and a maximum speed of just under 35 knots or 40 MPH.
The attention to detail with this vessel is second to none. From the moment you step onboard the level of maintenance and the level of quality are immediately evident. Her striking Navy Blue gelcoat hull and white decks along with her lavish appointments of seating not only at the helm but for every guest only begin the journey. The cabin serves as an example of proper space utilization and ultimate guest comfort. With virtually every available option added at the time she was built this is a truely "one of a kind" Sport Yacht.
I can’t wait to show you this incredible boat and sincerely hope that you will take the time to review the content of this listing.
- The 400SY is the flagship of the Monterey fleet. A 41-foot-long beauty redefines on water living. Powered by Volvo Penta's revolutionary Inboard Propulsion System (IPS), the 400SY is the head of the class when it comes to speed, fuel efficiency and maneuverability. Above and belowdeck, this luxurious lady sports only the finest in appointments. Bow Sun pad, 3 position sunisland seating at the stern, and a well equipped wet bar make the above deck accommodations perfect for entertaining guests, or lounging the day away.
- Main Salon
- The Main Salon is entered through a slider with a solid built in screen door and three large teak steps you enter this simply gorgous cabin. The salon is spacious and airy with a large skylight in the center of the overhead that provides beautiful natural light. Lots of space with 6'5" headroom all but eliminating any sensation of being below decks. A LeatherCrest settee on the starboard side has a built in armrest/storage compartment with more than sufficient room to relax and still allow passage through the salon. The sofa also converts to a comfortable bed for extra guests! A series of cabinets over the settee provides plenty of storage space. Against the aft bulkhead to starboard is the AC/DC distribution panel. Along side is an extensive entertainment center with a flat panel TV with DVD player and surround sound stereo system. Sofa w/Sleeper Conversion MP3 Adapter Table, Solid Wood w/Dedicated Storage Automatic Emergency Bilge Pump Central Vacuum System, 120V CO Detector (3) Decorator Pillows (3) Flooring, Synthetic Wood Lay-Down Carpet Lighting, 12 V Direct/Indirect Mini Blinds, Wood Outlets, 12 V (3) Outlet, 120 V (GFI Protected) (6) Positive Latches on Doors & Drawers Sapele Wood Trim Package Wine Chiller
- Master Stateroom
- The elegance comfort and sensuous lines of the yacht are also found in the forward Master cabin. The Master Stateroom is forward and features a queen island berth on the centerline, a mirrored bulkhead with reading lamps, two portlights, and an overhead hatch's for plenty of natural light as well as emergency egress. There is a hanging locker to starboard with a built in flat screen color TV. The Master Stateroom has a private head with a Corian countertop and sink, and a circular-door fully enclosed stand up shower stall a Vac-U-Flush toilet. Specific items include: Queen Island Berth w/Storage Below Hanging Lockers w/Cedar Lining (2) Inner Spring Mattress Mattress Cover, Quilted Pillows (2) Privacy Door Storage Cabinets w/Doors Vanity Tops w/Solid Surface HEAD: Wall Mounted Hair Dryer in Head Sea-Land Vac-U-Flush Head Stall Shower Drawer Storage Sink
- Guest Stateroom
- The Guest Cabin is aft of the main salon, through a full size door along the port side. A pair of twin berths that can be converted to a single queen. An en-suite head and stall shower is located in the cabin making it convenient for overnight guests or as a Day Head when cruising. There is a vanity with a sink just outside the head compartment. Twin Single Beds Flat Screen TV Marine Air Heat/AC System CD/DVD Player Speakers Blinds Carpeting Closet Drapes HEAD: Wall Mounted Hair Dryer in Head Sea-Land Vac-u-flush Head Stall Shower Sink
- The galley offers all the amenties customary of much larger yachts and integrates nicely in the main salon area. There is a generous amount of stowage and the counter top is finished with Coriam workspace and she has Corian and a matching backsplash contains a stainless steel sink, and major appliances include an electric 2-burner cooktop, refrigerator and freezer, microwave oven, coffee maker, and powered exhaust vent system. Cabinets, Lower & Upper Coffee Maker Counter Top, Molded Fiberglass w/Solid Surface Insert Electric Stove, Dual Burner Faucet, Designer Microwave/Convection Oven, 120V Refrigerator/Freezer, 120/12VSink, Stainless Steel Trash Receptacle
- Modern and ergonomical the helm is the culmination of control and safety. Her state of the art electronics package leaves nothing to be desired. All available factory options were choosenand installed. Raymarine E80 Chart Plotter Raymarine Radar Raymarine BIDATA ST40 Depth Sounder Raymarine Autohelm Series Autopilot Raymarine Ray49 VHF with Distress Feature Remotely Control ACR Spot/Search Light IPS Joystick Volvo Electronic Engine Monitors Compass Dash, Gel Coated Grey Digital Speedometer w/Depth Gauge/Seawater Temp & Programmable Alarms Hour Meters In Tachometers Instrumentation w/Fog Resistant Gauges (Digital) & Low Glare Night Lighting Red Light overhead Lighting integrated in Hardtop for night operation MP3 Adapter Outlet, 12V (2) Steering Wheel, Leather Wrapped w/Chromed Stainless Spokes Steering, Tilt, Electronic Switches, Lighted Weatherproof Trim Tab Indicators w/Auto Retract
- Engine Room
- Volvo With access to the engine room through a quick check hatch and total access with a large section of the cockpit raised by electric rams. There is unrestricted access and plenty of room to maintain and service the engines. The engine room is well laid out and the batteries are readily accessible for routine maintenance. The generator is situated within this space and is protected by a Sound Shield for ultra quiet operation. D6-370 KA with 348 total hours of operation IPS 500 Volvo Penta Pod Drive System Engine Compartment Lighting Electrically Actuated Engine Hatch Automatic Fire Extinguishing System Gel Coated Bilge & Engine Compartment Seacocks On All Underwater Thru-Hull Reverse Cycle Air Conditioning Dual Zone 23,000 BTU Trim Tabs Toilets are Vacu-Flush w/Holding Tank with Level Indicator
- Electrical Systems
- Fischer Panda Generator, 8.0KW Diesel w/Selector Valve (Includes Remote Start & Sound Shield) 120 V Shore Power w/(2) 50’ Cord 30 Amp Shore Power Inlet (2) AC/DC Panels Battery Charger, 50 Amp Battery Parallel Switch, Electronic Battery Trays (4) Galvanic Isolator, 50 Amp Remote Electric Battery Switches Automatic Bilge Pumps w/High Water Alarm Bilge Blowers Water Heater, 6 Gallon w/Engine Heat Exchanger
- The overall layout of the cockpit space and its amenities are first class. Wide walkways and solid hand holds get you to the bow safely to enjoy the large sun cushion or to handle lines departing or docking. The aft sun cushion with its multi-adjustable back rest will surely be one of the most popular spots on the boat. Aft, Forward (Strataglass) & Side Curtains Canvas Storage Bag Anchor Chafe Plate, Stainless Steel Anchor Roller, Stainless Steel Anchor Windlass w/Anchor, Rope, Chain & Foot Switches & Anchor Wash Down Bow Rail, Welded Stainless Steel Cleats, Stainless Steel (8) Door, Walk-Thru at Transom Hatch, Foredeck w/Screen Horn, Air Dual Trumpet LED Navigation Lights Non-Skid Deck Portlights, Stainless Steel w/Screens (6 opening) Rub Rail, Heavy Duty w/Stainless Steel Insert Hatch, Tempered Tinted Glass Bonded In Stern Eyes, Stainless Steel Storage, Anchor w/Fiberglass Hatch (Drains Overboard) Sun Pad, Foredeck w/Drink Holders & Rails, Hinged Backrest Swim Platform, Extended w/Telescoping Recessed Ladder & Hatch Thru-Hulls, Stainless Steel Above Waterline Windshield, Curved Tempered w/Actuating Vent, Stainless Steel Windshield Wiper, Port & Starboard
- Entering the cockpit from her integral swim platform which was finished with real teak and covered by a custom Sunbrella cover. There is a drop down custom cover closing off the cockpit frm the elements while at dock. There is also access to the "trunk" at the transom with plenty of room for fenders, lines and even some floats. Noteworthy features in the cockpit area include: Teak Cockpit Table, Concealed Flip Out w/Hinged Stainless Steel Pedestal Courtesy Lighting, Blue/White, LED 12 V Door, Companionway w/ Solid Lockable Sliding Screen Drink Holders, Stainless Steel (7) Fiberglass Cockpit Liner w/Non-Skid & Drainage Hard Top w/Grab Rails & Overhead Lighting (Red/White) Outlet, 120 Volt at Wet Bar Refrigerator, AC/DC Stereo, Premium MB Quart Satellite Ready AM/FM w/CD Player, IPOD Compatible, (4) MB Quart Speakers, Subwoofer, (2) Amplifiers, Dash & Aft Remotes Transom Shower (Hot/Cold) Wet Bar w/Solid Surface Insert, Sink, Faucet, Trash Receptacle & Storage
- Purchased new by the seller he selected over $200,000.00 in factory installed options making this one of the most complete 40 Sport Yachts ever built. She literally lacks nothing.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Interested parties can click on this link www.affiniti-yacht.com 40’ Monterey Sport Yacht 2009 and proceed to the "Affiniti Listings" tab to view this fine vessels video presentations and additional photographs not seen on this site. Depending on your Internet connection the load time will vary. Discover the Affiniti Advantage!