"Flying Target" Is in a class of her own. She has been lovingly restored and maintained by her owner of 20 years (He is only the 3rd owner since new). This boat is a one of a kind. She is powered by a 1300 hp Allison aircraft engine that has been marinized with Closed Cooling, MSD Ignition, and modern V-12 automotive distributors. This impresive engine is coupled to a custom transfer case that transfers power to two separate transmissions and then to two shafts and props. The Cockpit areas have seating for 9 people and with her high freeboard and bottom design, a little rough water will not keep you tied to the dock.
- Total Power: 1300 @ 3000 RPM Cruising Speed: 35-40 Max Speed: 55-60
- Fuel: 210
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Flying Target is truly a one of a kind craft. She will turn heads in any yacht club or harbor and would make a great addition to any Connoisseur's collection. She seats 9 people in 2 cockpits and has a v-berth setup forward with toilet. Her owner has been careful to maintain her original style while upgrading her to be a reliable, usable boat. While in the water, she has always been stored in a covered slip in freshwater.
- Construction & Deck
- The hull is constructed of cedar and is painted a beautiful dark green with a red boot stripe. The deck is constructed of mahogany, stained red and varnished bright. The forward cockpit seats 6-7 people in green leather seats. The aft cockpit seats 2-3 people and features it's own windsheild. Between the two cockpits there are 2 engine hatches the open and close at the push of a switch on the dash. Aft of the the second cockpit the are two small deck hatches that conceal a large storge area below. All of the finishes are Algrip. All of the hardware is original. Green leather seating (2004) Green leather v-bunk cushions (2004) All new glass Wood & chrome steering wheel Chrome spotlight All chrome replated (2003) Green Sunbrella cockpit covers Folding foot rests
- The Allison 1710 aircraft engine has been marinized with closed cooling. It is coupled to a custom transfer case and then to two independent Chrysler transmissions. The Engine has also been equiped with MSD ignition system and modern automotive type distributors for relibale service. The engine runs on regular pump gas. The 4 barrel carborator is brand new. Complete spare engine (ready to install) Twin screw New batteries (2005/06) Battery charger Stewart Warner gauges Spare carborator (brand new) Spare props Bronze rudders & struts 1-1/4" stainless shafts 21" 3 blade props 12 & 24 volt systems Electric opening engine hatches OEM engine manuals Numerous spare engine and gearbox parts Large Racor fuel fFilters
- Additional Salesperson's Remarks
- "Flying Target" is a must see vessel. She has always been in freshwater (never seen salt)and has been maintained and upgraded by her 3rd owner (who has owned her for the past 20 years). She has a complete spare (never used) Allison engine and a custom built tri-axle steel trailer. You will be the envy of all your friends.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Contact Mike Levell:586-530-3318 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org