Motivated Seller looking to trade down to a 34'-40' Express Cruiser; Mainship Pilot, Tiara, or similar.This is an exceptionally well maintained vessel. Shows very well and will survey without any major descrepancies. A two stateroom, two head aft cabin layout.
- Viking Yachts was founded in the early 1960's and built their first all fiberglass vessel in 1971, and has been an industry leader since their beginning with a tradition of quality built, innovative designs of sportfish and cruising boats. By the time "Principessa" was built in 1986, she was at the height of a production run on the 44' Motoryacht model that enjoyed a successful run since 1982, and ended in 1990. The engineering excellence, sophisticated design, and intelligent use of space combined with a finely fitted teak interior yacht-quality finish in a vessel that will cruise at 24 knots with twin 485hp Detriot 6-71's, made the 44' motoryacht one of the most sought after models of its day and a very desirable yacht even now. "Principessa" has the most desirable layout offered, which is the offset double berth with single berth over forward in the Guest stateroom and a centerline queen in the aft Master stateroom. Fitted with the optional factory hardtops on both the flybridge and aft deck, plexiglass wing doors on the aft deck, aa well as a wet bar and ice maker. "Principessa" is a yacht that has been lovingly cared for and continuously maintained and upgraded.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- A two stateroom, two head aft cabin layout. The master stateroom aft features a walkaround queen berth with reading lights port and starboard and ample storage drawers on both port and starboard as well as a large hanging locker forward.. There is a large portlight behind the berth that serves as an escape hatch onto the swim platform. There are built-in port and starboard drawers, a cedar lined hanging closet, full lenth dressing mirror, opening windows both port and starboard. The ensuite head has a vanity with sink, electric toilet with holding tank, stall shower, mirror, medicine cabinet and storage lockers. The Guest cabin which is located forward is very large and features an offset double berth with single over. There is a cedar lined hanging locker and ample drawer storage. An overhead hatch allows natural light and ventilation when desired and doubles as an escape route to the foredeck. Direct access to the guest head is provided by double doors in the bath, one into the stateroom, and one out to the foreward galley area. The guest/day head has a vanity with sink, electric toilet, stall shower, medicine chest with mirror and storage lockers. The original acrylic portlights in the forward cabin, galley and forward head have been replaced with stainless steel ABI opening ports. The main salon which is very spacious features an L-shape settee to port with a pull out bed, cocktail table, barrel chair, large mirror on the aft bulkhead, and built in storage cabinets for entertainment electronics. Located down and to port opposite the galley is a large U-shape dinette with ostrich skin upholstery and a teak table and overhead cabinets. The galley is down to starboard from the salon and is a very complete work center for the most accomplished chef. The entire cabin is decorated with natural tones, new carpeting, ostrichfabrics on the dinette, custom window treatments which include teak louvered shutters in the salon, and fabric lambrogins on the forward bulkhead. The teak woodwork has a satin finish and is all in excellent condition.Throughout the vessel there are many nice designer touches such as updated halogen lighting and nautical accessories. The exterior space of the yacht features a large aft deck with factory hardtop and full eisenglass enclosures with four large u-zips to allow fresh air through on nice days. The u-zips have fly screens which are very handy in most east coast US and Bahamian waters. There are two wicker sofas, and table. There is a wet bar with sink forward and a liquor cabinet. There are plexiglass wing doors to both port and starboard walk around decks. The flybridge also has a factory hardtop with full eisenglass enclosures and fly screens. The helm is set well back from the forward windscreen and has two helmsmans chairs. There ae overhead electronics boxes for stowing items that are handy on the bridge, like binoculars, dividers, guide books, etc. There is bench seating forward of the helm and along the starboard side. The foredeck has a substantial pulpit for stowing an anchor with a Maxwell/ Nilsson windlass. The sturdy stainless steel railings go all the way back along the side decks to the aft deck wing doors. There are chocks on the bow in which is mounted a Caribe C-9X four person deluxe rigid inflatable boat for yachts tender and there is a low profile electric davit to deploy the tender. The tender has an 15hp Mercury outboard. There is a bench seat across the front of the deckhouse and behind the tender with ample storage space underneath.
- Located down forward from the salon to starboard, the galley features a large stainless steel sink, Princess three burner cooktop, full size Whirlpool refrigerator/freezer, Samsung Convection Microwave/oven, garbage disposal,new simulated wood vinyl flooring and plenty of cabinets and drawers for storage.Just forward in the galley to starboard is a closet containing custom made pantry. There are all the necessary and expected items for cruising such as coffeemaker, flatware, cookware,etc.
- Electronics and Navigational Equipment
- Garmin GPS MAP5212 Radar/Chartplotter Garmin GPS MAP 232 Raymarine RL 70 Radar/Chartplotter Raymarine ST60 Depth Icom IC-M502 VHF radio Ideal remote windlass control Navico autopilot Clarion CD/XM Stereo VDO engine gauges and alarms Emergency engine stops Remote fire system actuators Benett trim tab indicators Ritchie powerdampcompass Seth Thomas clock/barometer
- Electrical System
- Master electrical control panel is in the salon,starboard side at foot of companionway stairs and has 12V and 120V circuit breakers, AC master control switch, voltmeter, polarity light, and ampmeter. The electrical system is bonded and the wiring is color coded. Interior lighting is a combination of 12V and 120V throughout. Xantrex 3000 watt inverter/charger Battery switches for three banks; (1) grp 24 generator start (1) 8D AGM engines start (2) 8D AGM house storage Single 50 amp dockside power Single 30 amp dockside power Westerbeke 12.5 Kw generator with 2408 hrs 12V Accessory receptacle @ helm Remote spotlight
- Hull & Deck
- Hand laid-up molded fiberglass hull, deck, deck house and flybridge w/end grain balsa coring in hull sides, decks, and cabin top. Solid keel, strakes, and chines. Engine beds are structural steel channels on solid stringers. Molded stairs to flybridge. Molded non-skid decks. Stainless steel handrails, cleats, and chocks. Weather boards on aft deck. Bow pulpit Anchor roller Chain locker Bow seat with storage Heavy duty stainless steel rails Wide walkaround side decks Large flybridge with hardtop Flybridge enclosure Halm/companion pedestal seats Bow fender racks Ideal Anchor Windlass Spare Propellors 4 blade Forward/starboard guest seating Bridge storage lockers Large aft deck with hardtop Port/starboard wing doors Aft deck enclosure Aft deck wet bar Aftdeck transom door Full swim platform with ladder Bridge/aft deck carpet Aft deck furniture Magma rail mounted BBQ
- Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- Audible engine alarm system,fiberglass exhaust mufflers, four bladed nibral bronze propellors with a matching set of spares, manganese bronze rudders and struts, stainless steel shafts.The steering system is hydraulic.The fuel tanks are fiberglass and the fuel manifold has filters and crossover valves. The fresh water tank is fiberglass. Trim tabs Halon fire suppresion system Oil change system Emergency engine stops Remote fire system actuators Racor fuel filters on engines and generator Three zone AC with digital controls
- "Principessa" has been owned by the present owner for the past five years and the vessel has been very well maintained and upgraded. Fresh bottom paint in March of 2011. All work receipts are available for the past five years. This vessel has always been well kept; the interior woodwork is in perfect condition and there are no window leaks or water damage anywhere on this boat. New floors in galley and dinette, and new carpet in salon. Eisenglass enclosure is in very good condition.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.