- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
Do not miss this buying opportunity!!
- Vessel Walkthrough
- Featuring a 108 sq. ft. cockpit "Jet Stream" has a fiberglass swim platform and tuna door, a center deck plate for installation of a fighting chair, port and starboard storage lockers for rods and gafs, a custom Glasstech cockpit tackle center port and starboard with large freezer, sink, cutting board, and tackle drawers to starboard, and large storage cabinet with flat working surface and matching lid to port. The original teak steps and cockpit trim were replaced and the teak window and door frames have been beautifully varnished giving the cockpit a clean, uncluttered feeling. The coaming pads are new and the entire cockpit is very nice. Entering the inviting air conditioned salon you will notice the warm honey stained oak woodwork only offered by Bertram as standard in the last year of production, the full entertainment center forward in a cabinet with tamboor doors, TV, stereo, etc. and the light and airy feeling from the 270 degree of light due to the lower windshields that are sadly missing from all modern sportfish. There is a L-shaped sofa to starboard and two barrel chairs to port, excellent storage cabinets and drawers, full electrical panel, and over head lighting. There is a small half bar counter that looks down into the large galley to starboard. Centerline is a large carpeted hatch allowing full access to the engine room with ease. Two steps down is a spacious and efficient galley. Its spacious feel is because it is open to the salon with the windshields above giving extensive headroom and plenty of natural light. There is a full sized fridge, Princess 3 burner stove with oven, large microwave, plenty of counter space, large SS sink, and additional flush mounted Raritan icemaker in the companionway. Nice clean varnished oak parquet floors are in the galley and large shared head. The head has two doors. The master stateroom is midship to port across from the galley and offers a double berth, plenty of closet and drawer space, 2 port lights, and private access to the head and shower. Moving forward is the large forward V berth guest stateroom with twin berths, closet, and custom shelf. All areas have Berber carpet and wallcoverings. The flybridge is "tournament style" with a center helm station and bench seating forward offering great visibility from all areas. Two steps down is a spacious and efficient galley. Its spacious feel is because it is open to the salon with the windshields above giving extensive headroom and plenty of natural light. There is a full sized fridge, Princess 3 burner stove with oven, large microwave, plenty of counter space, large SS sink, and additional flush mounted Raritan icemaker in the companionway. Nice clean varnished oak parquet floors are in the galley and large shared head. The head has two doors. The master stateroom is midship to port across from the galley and offers a double berth, plenty of closet and drawer space, 2 port lights, and private access to the head and shower. Moving forward is the large forward V berth guest stateroom with twin berths, closet and a custom shelf. All areas have Berber carpet and wallcoverings. The flybridge is "tournament style" with a center helm station and bench seating forward offering great visibility from all areas.
- Hull & Deck
- Original Bertram gelcoat in amazing condition, never painted New half tower canvas 2008 New enclosure 2008 Cockpit lights Rocket launcher on aft rail Rupp double spreader outriggers Stainless hand rails Cockpit sunshade wishbone style in black sunbrella Upgraded cockpit with starboard to replace teak trim and ladder steps Balance of teak trim in high gloss varnish 1-35# Delta anchor with 150' of 5/16" chain and 200' of Nylon rode Fortress anchor mounted on bow Lofrans anchor windlass with vertical gypsy Coast Guard safety package PVC rubrail Repainted stripes 600# Steelhead crane 8' Nautica dinghy w/ 15 Yamaha 2 stroke (2008/9)
- Fishing Equipment
- 108 sq. foot cockpit for serious anglers Glasstech Custom fiberglass Tackle centers Cockpit Sink, cutting board, 5 tackle drawers Large top loading bait freezer Transom Tuna door In deck livewell Gold anodized rocket launchers on FB rail 10 built in Bertram Rod Holders
- Electronics & Navigation
- Monitor in galley Inverter 2000W Magnum Garmin 4012 Chart Plotter with Sonar, SAT WX and AIS Garmin 42mi Radar Garmin 441s Chart plotter and depth finder with a new temperature sensing transducer mounted in the panel ICOM VHF Radio Datamarine Wind/depth/speed Simrad Autopilot Ritchie compass Large hand held spotlight The overhead electronics panel has been updated with a second VHF radio mounted under the Flo Scans The main VHF is Standard Horizon Matrix networks with the Garmin 4012 and displaces AIS information
- Electrical System
- AC Electrical System 120/240 Volt DC Electrical system 12V 2 8 D 12V Batteries 12 V Battery Charger Battery Parallel Switches Dockside Electrical Cables with splitter and extra cable Electrical Bonding System Generator (12kw Onan) 2800 hrs, Updated in 2008 2 Dedicated Odyssey starting batteries Battery combiner relay 2 Dedicated 8D house batteries Magnum 2000 watt inverter/charger with monitor panel The electrical system has been modified where there is a dedicated high out ODYSSEY battery to start the Starboard engine and another one to start port. There are 2 8/D batteries for the house.
- Audio & Visual
- 26" Samsung flat screen TV Sony DVD/CD/VCR combo Proton Stereo Receiver Marine TV antenna/ cable switch JVC Stereo speakers in cockpit
- New Pompanette helm seats 2 spare Propellers 8gph Matrix Watermaker 3 Cruiseair Air Conditioners 1995 vintage Bilge Alarm Bilge Blowers Bilge Pumps Engine Hour Meters engine Synchronizers Engine Temperature Alarms Fire Alarm Fire Control System Fresh Water Cooling System Fuel Filters Fuel Shut Off Valves Fiberglass Fuel Tanks High Water Alarm Holding Tank Mufflers Oil Filters Oil Pressure Alarm Oil Transfer System Raw Water Sea Strainers SS Shafts Transmissions Water Pump AC inverter
- Upgrades In 2010
- Over $60,000 in upgrades in 2010 Lofrans windless Bowpulpit Refrigerator Carpet Upholstery Anchor Chain Odyssey Batteries Delta Anchor Inverter Dingy & Engine Crane Install inv & Windless New Exhaust Fumigation Electronics Battery Switch Boat Lettering Ladder Chocks for Dinghy 2nd Anchor Rode TV Painting Bow non Skid Stripes, Cabin Door LED Lights Dinghy cover Docking lights Fortress Anchor Pompanette Seats Interior Material Recover Bolster Rubrail
- NEW BOTTOM, APRIL 2012 42 Bertram is known around the world for its great rough sea keeping ability, strength and high quality of manufacturing. It is real favorite among the sportfishing crowd. "Jet Stream" is a very special 42 Bertram as she is the last 42 to come out of the mold at Bertram before they changed to 43. Her present owner is a retired airline captain and spends most of his boating time swinging on a hook in the Bahamas. She is rigged for serious sportfishing as well as cruising in the Islands. Anyone that has cruised the islands knows that fresh water can be a real problem, (50 cents a gallon if you can find it) but not for "Jet Stream"! She has an 8 gph water maker which is more than enough for 4 people to have all the fresh water showers they want. The 42 Bertram has 110 volt refrigerator and on most 42's, in order to keep the refrigerator going, you must run the generator. "Jet Stream" has a 2000 watt Magnum charger/inverter that is powered by 2 X 8D batteries which will keep the ship powered at anchor for about 18 hours without running the generator. Also, because of the inverter, there is no need to run the generator while underway since the inverter batteries are being charged by the engines. For secure, worry free anchoring there is a Lofrans anchor windless, 150 feet of 5/8 chain, 35 lb Delta anchor and a second Fortress anchor mounted on the bow. "Jet Blue" features a new Nautica RIB with 15 hp Yamaha 2 stroke engine (light weight) and a 600 lb Steel Head Hydraulic crane to lift the dingy off the bow. At great time and expense, the rub rails on "Jet Stream" have been replaced with the modern PVC version. The Detroit 6-92s have 285 hours on them since RPM in Fort Lauderdale overhauled them 3 years ago. The Navigation system has been updated with a Garmin 4012 Chart Plotter, Garmin 42 mile Radar, Garmin Sonar, AIS, and satellite weather. New Pompanette helm seats have been installed on the bridge. Her interior features a flat screen TV, newly recovered couch and chairs and modern designed interior. If you are looking for a safe cruising boat that will get you home in 8 foot seas at 18 knots, combined with a comfortable cruising boat that you can cruise at 7 to 8 knots and get almost trawler fuel economy (1.2 gpm), and a boat that you can swing on a hook for weeks at a time; before you buy you should take a look at "Jet Stream". For a fraction of the cost of a new 'TUPPERWARE BOAT' you can own this real "BATTLEWAGON"!
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.