Great Charter Vessel!
Over 100k worth of charters booked for the 2012 summer season. A great opportunity for an investment owner! Proven track record. Over 10 years charter history in Alaska.
The last ship built before yard converted to Feadship four months later.
- Accommodations & Layout
- Four guest staterooms with 8' headroom throughout. The crew quarters are forward and separate. Captain's Stateroom with chart table and office, ample storage in 3 closets and extensive shelves, large head and shower. Watertight door aft to Crew's Quarters with double upper bunk and lower single, closet, drawers and shelves, and shared head with Captain's quarters. Fourth Stateroom with two twins, drawers, and large head and shower. Watertight door leads to Galley. Aft of the galley, the spacious Salon has a large joiner work and mirrored buffet fitted as a modern entertainment center with Resource stereo speakers, Plasma TV, Pioneer receiver, CD player, Go TV and CD/VHS and Direct TV Satellite Receiver with Find Me tracking system. The salon sofa has leather sofa, and Birdseye maple dining room table with 8 chairs. Up and aft is a bar-salon with L-shaped granite and teak bar seating eight with refrigerator, icemaker and wine cooler. The bar area connects to a large aft enclosed sun room salon with built-in perimeter with seating abundant storage areas. This area is highlighted by a beautifully finished teak plank floor and Mediterranean stern tie door with a ladder down to a large teak swim step. Down and aft of the main salon on the port side is a twin Guest Stateroom with large side-by-side berths, closet and ensuite head and shower. Aft is the VIP Stateroom (original Master Stateroom), a full width cabin with island queen bed, custom ensuite tub/shower, generous storage and closet space. This stateroom is finished in luxurious mahogany, granite, leather and fabrics. Forward of main salon accessed on the port side is the large, spacious Pilothouse. Aft and up from the pilothouse is the light and airy Owners Suite, accomplished in a major refit and reconstruction of the yacht in 1996. This suite has an island queen with a high quality Select Comfort air mattress, built-in settee, ample Birdseye maple cabinetry complete with an entertainment center with Mitsubishi TV and VCR. The spacious head has double sinks and a large custom tub/shower in black granite with a custom tile/granite mosaic artwork. this stateroom is truly impressive with panoramic views. Aft of the owner's suite is a spacious deck area with 4-person Jacuzzi, seating/dining area for 8, built-in barbecue, storage cabinets and stairway to lower covered decks. Aft is the boat deck with new extra-heavy davit carrying a fully equipped 16' Lund with 40hp 4-stroke outboard motor. Up and forward is an additional Flybridge complete with an upper steering station with controls and instrumentation, hydraulic jog stick steering, and a built-in seating area for 8 with a 360° panoramic view.
- Commercial Grade Full beam with dinette for crew Large counter areas Double stainless steel sinks New washer and dryer (full-size) New Jennaire stove/propane top Commercial dish washer New s/s double door refrigerator/freezer Whirlpool compactor Large storage area below deck for long range cruise capability Ample pantry and cabinet storage
- Electronics & Navigation Equipment
- Furuno 80-50 48-mile daylight radar Rudder angle indicator Eagle VG-800 color video depth scanner Robertson AP-45 autopilot Datamarine offshore fathometer Hydraulic jog stick steering Full engine instrumentation New+F/B Icom M-550 VHF Furuno FS-1501 SSB Sea Roq/Koopnautic stabilizers Furuno GPS West Marine Weatherbase 10 NEW Stead Twin helm chairs All electronics are installed in yacht quality and visibility is excellent.
- Electrical System
- New Isuzu 40KW genset in lazarette (04) New boiler for heat/domestic water 220 VAC commercial HW heater 220 VAC shore connection (50 & 30 dual amp) Direct and indirect lighting throughout Isolation transformer New Isuzu 50KW genset in engine room (05) 1440 GPD Sea Recovery RO watermaker Microphone compressed air heads throughout Microphone
- Deck & Hull
- Sea Roq/Koopnautic stabilizers-rear Heavy double windlass/double wildcat Two navy anchors 400' 1/2" chain Heavy laid teak decks bow to stern Heavy duty electric/hydraulic davit New Forward Stabilizers (05) Life rings Fire extinguishers Two-sided boarding ports Aft Med moor boarding door
- Mechanical Equipment & Engine Details
- The Engine Room is aft of amidships and reached via the starboard weather deck. The main engines are placed with full walk-around access. The main 3-phase electrical panel are located on the aft bulkhead. Ample space for storage and tools and workbench area with metal storage cabinet. The entire engine room has been isolated with sound control padding, a stainless steel workbench was added on the port side as well as new ships water supply pump and new electrical panel to handle the added amps of the two new 40 and 50 kw generators. All machinenry has been maintained.
- Remarks; Upgrade Summary
- Caledonia is of typically excellent Dutch construction, with beautiful hull design, high quality plate and welding of Corten steel, heavy teak decks and excellent visibility from both control stations. An extensive refit was accomplished in 2004/05, which added the spacious owner's suite, Jacuzzi deck, flybridge and more contemporary lines. Caledonia is a veteran of numerous ocean crossings with a newly refit stabilizing system. The present owner has updated all ships systems to make them suitable for continuous duty use. The interior has been redecorated with new furniture in 2005. This yacht has proven successful in the Pacific Northwest charter market, grossing roughly $350,000 for each summer charter season.The charter business can be negotiated into the purchase price. The entire yacht was painted with Sterling Paint at Delta shipyard in Seattle in 2004/05 and has been maintained each year. A s/s anchor plate was added to the starboard side to protect the hull from the anchor. The forward teak decks were re caulked in 2005 with over 7/8" of teak remaining. All soft and hard goods have been replaced in the yacht and all systems have been upgraded to 2005 standards. A new Bose Sound system was installed as well, and shifter system have been added as well as a 4000 watt inverter system which will power the yacht overnight for quiet sleeping. (No gen set running). The Anchor windless was rebuilt in 2004 and s/s lead-in was added to both port and starboard anchor chain. A Rear facing TV camera was also added to have rear vision. A new hot water boiler system was added in 03 to provide domestic hot water and heat throughout the yacht. Along with new domestic water pump and pressure system in 03/05. A new three-way davit system was added in 05 and increased to 1500#s, which is both electric and hydraulic in nature. A new ships computer and bright screen (800 nits) was added in the pilot house for easy navigation. All heads and shower have been remodeled with new s/s sinks, granite tops and showers most if not all brass has been replaced with brushed nickel or w/w to ease day to day maintenance on the yacht. THE YACHT CARRIES AN ACT OF CONGRESS JONES ACT EXEMPTION FOR IT'S OPERATION IN THE ENTIRE UNITED STATES Great Charter Vessel! Over 100k worth of charters booked for the 2012 summer season. A great opportunity for an investment owner! Proven track record. Over 10 years charter history in Alaska.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.