- 38 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The 38’ Eastbay hardtop, known for its traditional Downeast styling, deep-v performance, and meticulous finishing, was originally introduced in 1994.
The “Southern Star”, built in 2000, has an expansive teak interior with functional furnishings and practical layout for a family cruiser. The helm has excellent visibility and abundant seating with an L-lounge on the port side. Large side and front windows in the fiberglass hardtop provide 360 degree viewing when running or at the dock. A teak cockpit and upper deck as well as varnished teak trim offer classic appeal.
- The Southern Star is well equipped below with a fully-functional galley on the port side and a large U-shaped dinette to starboard. Just forward of the galley on the port side is the head and shower with Vacuflush head. All the way forward is the V-berth stateroom. There is teak cabinetry throughout the yacht with plenty of storage, hanging, and drawer storage.
- Icom M 604 VHF radio Garmin 5212 Plotter Garmin radar Garmin map 740 plotter Garmin GMI 10, speed & depth Cetrek auto pilot AP 740 Bennett trim tab indicators w/ auto control Glendinning synchronizers Ritchie compass 12 volt outlet TV & phone outlets
- Bennett trim tabs with auto control MarineAir air conditioning Westerbeke generator: 8 KW, 121 hours Glendinning synchronizer Electronic digital fuel, water, and battery gauge Maxwell windlass & anchor roller Single lever controls
- Pilothouse & Helm
- Helm chair Teak decks L-lounge with small teak table Ice maker Hardtop with opening hatches Side windows sliding Three hard side enclosure w/ window covers Hynautic steering 12 Volt outlet plug Full instrumentation VDO Gauges, RPM, amps, temp, oil pressure & rudder angle indicator Electric deck hatch lift for engine room Opening front window Windshield wipers (2)
- AC/DC distribution panel and system monitor U-shaped dinette converts to double berth & teak table Twin reading lamps, chrome Teak book shelf over dinette Hanging locker, cedar lined Opening port lights large Overhead grab rail Navy blue ultra-suede upholstery
- White Corian counter top Princess 3-burner range, propane Sharp carousel microwave Stainless steel sinks (2) deep Grohe faucet Custom refrigerator Teak & holly floors Drop-in counter storage Drawer & cabinet storage Overhead hatch Opening porthole
- Corian counter top with flush sink Teak framed mirror Vacuflush head Holding tank with deck pump out and macerator Storage cabinets Sliding door Overhead lights Opening porthole
- Forward Cabin
- Oversized V-berth Teak side cabinets & teak sides Cabinet with 3 drawers Large teak framed mirror A/C controls Drawers under berth Locking privacy bi-fold door
- Deck & Cockpit
- Varnished teak toerail and exterior trim Stainless steel side rails & wide walk around decks Teak cockpit deck with three hatches Shower (hot & cold water) Transom gate Teak swim platform & ladder Navy blue hull sides Fresh water washdown Aft enclosure canvas Aft facing seat with storage under Anchor light mast Three bow deck hatches Anchor locker hatches (2) Bow, stern, and spring cleats Life raft in CP deck hatch
- Westerbeke 8 KW generator w/enclosure, 121 hours 50 Amp shore cord 220/110 volt AC & 12 Volt DC AC & DC distribution panels Batteries and battery charger
- Mechanical Equipment
- Racor fuel filters main engines & generator Auto/manual bilge pumps (3) Dripless shaft seals Water heater Sea strainers Bennett trim tabs w/indicators Hynautic steering Maxwell windlass Marine A/C
- Salesman's Comments
- Southern Star is a classic example of the most popular Downeast style cruiser that is in very good and ready-to-go condition. New Garmin electronics add to enjoyment; the user-friendly equipment making this yacht simple to navigate with effortless handling. Located in Palm Beach and very accessible.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.