Built originally for an owner of two previous Magnums. They are legendary in yachting circles for their exceptional sea keeping abilities in rough conditions. This 53 was repowered with new Caterpillar 3408TA’s and Twin Disc transmission along with all new mufflers, exhaust systems and drive shafts plus all new engine room wiring. The cost exceeded $250,000. This power train offers better performance than the 8V92 powered 53’s and is much less complicated that the later 53-56’s with Arneson drives and 12V92’s.
- Total Power: 800 Cruising Speed: 26 Max Speed: 29
- Fuel: 1000 Fresh Water: 150
- Sleeps 4 in 2 staterooms. Forward is owner’s stateroom with a centerline walk around queen size berth and en suite bathroom. Next aft to port is guest stateroom with upper and lower twin size berths. To starboard is an enclosed head with stall shower. The salon area amidship has a U-shaped lounge and table to port and galley to starboard, followed aft by a day head. Up steps to the helm station and cockpit. Forward is the control station with triple wide seat and bolster; aft is large L-shaped settee with (2) hi-lo tables and wet bar across. Further aft is the open cockpit area with full width aft bench seat.
- Jennair 2-burner electric stove and grill elements (2) Norcold refrigerators Black & Decker coffee maker Sharp Carousel II microwave oven ISE instant hot water GE trash compactor Raritan Icer-ette icemaker
- Navigation and Electronics
- Benmar 2000 autopilot w/ remote handset Anritsu/Simrad RA771UA 48 mile radar (‘96) Magnavox NX100 GPS RX Datamarine depth sounder Standard Horizon front and rear hailer Northstar 951X DGPS Navigator plotter Danforth Constellation 5” compass ACR global Fix RLB – 35 EPIRB
- Engine Room and Mechanical Equipment
- Morse gear and throttle controls Twin Disc MG5111V 1.75 to 1 v-drive transmissions (2) Aquamet 22 HS – 2 1/2 “ s/s shafts Racor fuel filters Sen-Dure transmission and steering coolers Custom engine air cleaners Bennett trim tabs w/indicators Emergency electric transmission oil pump system VDO rudder angle indicator Hewitt dual pyrometers Sumlog knot meter Sound Down 1” engine room insulation Paragon pressure water pump (2) pressure water accumulator tanks Teel water filter system Rule pumps: (2) 3500 gph, (4) 2000 gph Emergency engine shutdowns Fixed Halon system (automatic w/manual override) Lectra San waste treatment system in master head Jabsco electric guest head (2) Holding tanks Torrid 20 gal water heater Well-Troll and Gradco water pressure tanks Buell 24V air compressor Grohe shower in master head Metalstyle helm wheel
- Electrical Equipment
- 110/220VAC, 12/24VDC systems 6V batteries (2) 12V banks 12V batteries (2) 24V banks New house and engine start batteries (11/11) 8KW Onan genset w/sound enclosure and start battery Newmar 12V charger Newmar 24V batter charger Hubbel 220 (50 amp) and 110V (30 amp) shore power cords Arrow Hart port and starboard shore power jacks, (220 and 110V), phone jacks and cable TV jacks Battery paralleling system for 24V banks Monitrol electric bonding system
- Deck and Hull
- Nilsson electric anchor windlass w/remote control Bruce anchor w/300’ chain Barient #10 cockpit warping winch ACR searchlight w/remote control Buell Strombos air horns Monitrol bonding system STG abandon ship bag Switlik Coastal 6-person emergency life raft (2) life rings w/Forespar strobes First Aid kit Custom radar arch Custom swim platform Cockpit boarding ladder and shower Custom s/s bow rail and cockpit fender racks Custom raised back helm seat Windshield wipers and washers Custom sun top w/ s/s frame and full cockpit enclosure Electric heaters in salon, stateroom and cockpit Nautilus port lights Toshiba 20” TV in salon Soundpipe waterproof bow speakers Alpine receiver/cassette deck w/salon and helm remotes Goldstar VCR Omni-directional TV antenna Weems and Plath brass ship’s clock and barometer Alpine remote 11 band graphic equalizer Alpine 6 disc CD changer Alpine speakers, (8) in cockpit, (6) in salon and (2) in staterooms Alpine amplifiers for 3 systems Panasonic telephone system w/intercom, (3) phones Panasonic stereo receiver in master stateroom Cockpit enclosure w/stainless frame forward Side and rear removable eisenglass Apex top load refrigerator in cockpit (2) Bomar hatches, forward hatch w/gas struts (10) Nautilus port holes Covers for helm electronics, cabin stairwell and salon floor New bimini top (1/12)
- Built originally for an owner of two previous Magnums. They are legendary in yachting circles for their exceptional sea keeping abilities in rough conditions. This 53 was repowered with new Caterpillar 3408TA’s and Twin Disc transmission, new mufflers, exhaust systems and drive shafts plus all new engine room wiring. The cost exceeded $250,000. This power train offers better performance than the 8V92 powered 53’s and is much less complicated that the later 53-56’s with Arneson drives and 12V92’s.
- Potential purchasers should assume that items on the vessel at the time of viewing, but not specifically listed on this sheet, are not included with the sale of the yacht. These specifications are believed to be true and correct but cannot be guaranteed.
- Specifications and details of this vessel are provided in good faith for informational purposes only. Data regarding the specifications, operating characteristics and condition of the vessel was obtained from sources believed reliable but is not guaranteed by owner or brokers. Buyer assumes responsibility to verify all speeds, capacities, consumptions and other measurements contained herein and otherwise provided and agrees to instruct his agent or surveyor to confirm such details prior to purchase. Vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price and inventory changes and withdrawal from market without notice.
- For complete details, contact Central Agent Dennis Moran, at (949) 642-5735 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org .