Classic Burger in excellent condition thoroughly modernized. Recent 2011 engine rebuild, new generator 2010 and engine room refit. Owner Flexible.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Vessel Walkthrough
- With proven yacht building expertise that dates back to 1863, Burger knows how to combine luxury and quality into every yacht. This 1981 78' Flybridge Cruiser is a prime example. Extensive interior, mechanical, electrical and exterior upgrades in 2004 and 2006 give this traditional motoryacht a fresh, updated feel. Boarding amidships is easy and comfortable. From this central location, you can go forward to the mid level salon where you will find access to the crew accommodations, galley and engine room, or you can go aft. Moving aft you will find the aft salon with new carpeting, furnishings and electronics. A large modular sofa with rattan base is complemented with five arm chairs, offering a wide range of seating configurations. With a wet bar, refrigerator and icemaker, refreshing drinks and snacks are never far away. This salon also has a new 37" LCD TV, plenty of storage and other amenities. The oversized air conditioning system with new air handlers fitted in 2010, offers year round comfort from which to relax and enjoy the panoramic view. An aft door opens to the cockpit and swim platform. The cockpit offers bench seating to port and starboard and two portable fishing chairs. There is a transom door which gives access to the swim platform with a handheld shower. The cockpit is teak covered with a hatch to the lazarette and steering. Easy access to the aft salon means cool drinks and refreshments are close at hand. The cockpit has a newly installed chest freezer (2010) and commercial icemaker (2006). Moving forward through the aft salon you reach the pilothouse which is situated amidships. Oak paneling gives this space a timeless classic feel. A traditional oak steering wheel fronts a helm equipped with state of the art electronics, completely new and updated in 2004 and 2006. The amidships location affords excellent visibility. Generously sized bench seating is aft with plenty of throw pillows for comfort. Storage beneath the seating adds functionality to this area without sacrificing any of the spaciousness. The amtico flooring was installed in 2004. Stairs to the flybridge are port aft while steps down to the mid level salon are starboard forward. This is where we will go next. Forward of the pilothouse and down a few steps you will find the mid-level salon. Look closely and you will find the Nutone central vacuum discreetly tucked away to starboard, easily accessible. This spacious living area has an L-shaped sofa with upholstered ottoman (with storage) to port and two overstuffed club chairs in supple leather to starboard. A custom rosewood table with seating for four adds to the functionality and luxury of this room and expands from a game table to a nice sized dining table; truly a unique and beautiful accent. This area has a separate entertainment system which includes a 35" Sony TV, DVD player, CD player and other features. Douglas silhouette blinds provide privacy, or leave them up for plenty of natural light. New air handlers were fitted in the forward salon in 2010. Aft to starboard are the stairs up to the pilothouse and the stairs down to the accommodations. Forward starboard are stairs down to the galley, engine room and crew quarters. Continuing forward you will reach the galley on the right and engine room access on the left. The galley is a spacious U-shaped design with generous amounts of storage both in the overhead cabinets and lower cabinets. This galley has an incredible amount of counter space, making meal preparations a breeze. Appliances are top of the line and include an upright GE refrigerator/freezer combo with water and ice dispenser, GE electric stove (4 burner), GE oven, Kitchen Aid microwave/convection oven. A curved dinette allows for cozy meals in the galley. A full size stacked washer and dryer is in this area and all appliances are new in 2004. The guest staterooms, each able to accommodate four guests, mirror each other; one to port and one to starboard. Both have ensuite heads with showers, twin lower berths and two fold down upper berths. Hanging lockers and a center nightstand provide ample storage. Each stateroom is climate controlled. JAYHAWK's accommodations are comfortable and well appointed and are accessed via stairs located aft in the mid-level salon. The master stateroom is aft. Oak cabinetry and woodwork is paired with fresh off-white carpeting giving this full beam stateroom an open and restful atmosphere. Nightstands, side bureaus, vanity area, and cedar-lined hanging locker afford plenty of storage and the queen centerline berth is a perfect resting place after a full day at sea. All interior design is new 2004. The entertainment system, including a Sharp Aquos 21" flatscreen TV is also new 2004. The ensuite head is air conditioned with corian countertops, full step-in shower and updated plumbing fixtures (new 2004). While JAYHAWK's interior is designed to pamper, her exterior is designed to excite. All decks are covered with teak. Varnished teak caprails compliment her flag blue hull. The foredeck has a spacious riding seat with new sunbrella cushions - a perfect perch to soak in the tropical sun. Accessed from the pilothouse, the flybridge is an open air entertainment arena. Relax and enjoy the view from beneath the new (2005) pipewelders bimini shade. You will command in comfort from the STIDD helm chair while a favored guest can ride along beside in his own matching STIDD chair. JAYHAWK's electronics are state of the art; upgraded completely in 2004 and 2006. L-shaped seating for 12 provides a comfortable spot for everyone to lounge and enjoy the invigorating sea air. The flybridge also has a refrigerator, sink with hot and cold water and plenty of storage beneath the seats and helm. Custom canvas covers protect all areas of the bridge when not in use. Aft of the helm is the boat deck area with 1997 14' Novurania tender and 8-person inflatable life raft. A MarQuipt 1000 lb davit is in this area as well. Burger states that they build each yacht with pride, passion and enthusiasm. One look at JAYHAWK and you will know that this is true.
- Transom door Teak deck Swim/boarding platform Ladder and built in cleats Platform handheld shower in cabinet Bench seating with cushions to port & starboard Starboard hold fenders and lines Courtesy lighting (1) 28" life buoys with water strobe lights Wet/dry vacuum Spare wheel (37x36) Hydraulic system access through hatch to lazarette Trim tab system Storage Ship's (2) 32 volt DC battery banks - AGM batteries (lazarette) - NEW 2010 Chest freezer, NEW 2010 Icemaker, NEW 2006
- Aft Salon
- 7' Headroom Lucite wing doors to side decks Dutch door aft to cockpit Varnished Oak wet bar with corian counter Stainless steel sink with hot and cold water faucet U-Line Refrigerator Storage for glassware and bottles Oak paneling - NEW 2004 Carpeting - NEW 2004 (2) Ottomans Modular sofa with rattan base - NEW 2004 Oak sidetables Oak round table Custom oak cocktail table Custom lighting Decorative lighting Douglas silhouette shades - NEW 2004 Picture windows, port, starboard and aft Intercom/phone system Sharp 37" LCD flat screen TV - NEW 2005 (5) Upholstered arm chairs - NEW 2004 (2) Oversized SMX Cruiseair A/C systems - NEW 2004
- Amtico flooring - New2004 Oak steering wheel with stainless steel rim Chart desk 8 chart drawers Storage Bench seating with upholstery and cushions, footrest, 4-drawer storage, storage lockers Seven steps to flybridge, aft port, with Sentry safe below Ultra leather custom covers for pilothouse surfaces 2 overhead lights Sliding door to deck, port and starboard Vinyl overhead - NEW 2004 Pilothouse panel switching - NEW 2004 All pilothouse instrumentation with VDO - NEW 2004 Custom original magnetic compass (collector's item) SMX Cruiseair A/C - NEW 2004 See Electronics and Navigation for list of electronics WiFi access ship's computer
- Mid Level Salon
- Carpet - New 2004 Windows, 4 port and 4 starboard Hunter Douglas silhouette shades - New 2004 Custom oak paneling and cabinetry Custom expandable rosewood table with seating for four, decorative compass rose inlay 4 Rosewood chairs with cushions 2 Leather club chairs (newly upholstered 2004) Custom round table Upholstered L- shaped sectional sofa with matching ottoman (custom storage beneath) Oak side table with storage Custom-built entertainment center w/new doors Sharp 35" flat screen TV - New 2004 Sony DVPNS325B DVD player - New 2004 Sony VHS player - New 2004 Sony 200CD mega storage CD player - New 2004 Sony STRDE185 receiver - New 2004 Sony STRDE995B receiver - New 2004 8 Sonance 622TR speakers - New 2004 4 Niles Vvlume controls Seatel 1898 S US 2 feed DSS antenna Concord SAT multiplexer 2 Sony A65 DSS receivers Library-liquor cabinet Custom dish, wine and glass storage, all china, glass ware, stem ware included Custom drawers and cabinet storage Bulkhead panels - New 2004 Intercom/phone system Decorative lighting (table lamps; wall sconces) Various artwork - New 2004 Three steps up to pilothouse with chrome handrail and privacy door, inboard starboard Nutone Central Vacuum - New 2005 Five steps down to aft companionway with chrome handrail - outboard starboard Companionway to galley, starboard forward
- Master Stateroom & Head
- Rich satin finish ash cabinetry and woodwork Fabric wallcoverings - New 2004 Roman shades with accents - New 2004 Fresh offwhite carpeting - New 2004 Queen centerline berth with 2 drawers - New 2004 Upholstered headboard Hanging locker, starboard, with light Hanging locker, port, with light L-shaped built-in bureau, port, with fourteen drawers Vanity, port, with 8 drawers and six bulb lighting 2 four drawer nightstands 2 swing arm reading lamps at head of berth Cedar-lined Hanging Locker Sharp 21" Aquos flat screen TV - NEW 2004 Arched doors - solid ash Mirrored bulkhead SMX Cruisair A/C controls - New 2004 New larger Air Handler installed 9/09 Intercom/phone system 2 Port and 2 starboard portholes Porthole curtains 4 overhead lights American Security safe Electric sub panel Master Head Entrance via master stateroom, port forward Vanity, inboard, with white corian molded sink, storage Mirrored medicine locker with three lights above Shower stall with door, stainless steel sole, bulkhead light, showerhead, retractable clothesline Plumbing fixtures - New 2004 Headhunter head system - New 2004 Opening porthole Porthole shade Amtico Flooring - New 2004 Full-length mirror on door to stateroom
- Guest Stateroom & Head (sbd)
- Carpeting Vinyl overhead - new 2004 Matching fabric to bedspreads and curtains - new 2004 Mounted reading light between berth 2 lower twin berths 2 Pulman upper berths Centered nightstand with 4 drawers Under berth storage, 2 drawers beneath each lower berth Mirror on aft bulkhead Hanging locker, starboard forward, with light and cedar paneling SMX Cruisair A/C controls - new 2004 2 Portholes Porthole curtains - new 2004 Intercom/phone system Stereo speakers Sentry 10BC dry chemical fire extinguisher 2 overhead lights Private Head w/shower Guest Head Entrance via starboard stateroom and companionway Vinyl overhead - new 2004 Vanity with molded sink, storage Wallcovering - new 2004 Mirrored medicine locker, forward Shower stall with door, hot and cold water faucet, mounted showerhead, bulkhead light, retractable clothes line Porthole Porthole curtains 2 overhead lights at counter Amtico Flooring - new 2004 Plumbing Fixtures - new 2004 Headhunter head system -new 2004
- Guest Stateroom & Head (port)
- Carpeting Vinyl overhead - new 2004 Matching fabric to bedspreads and curtains - new 2004 Mounted reading light between berth 2 lower twin berths 2 Pulman upper berths Centered nightstand with 4 drawers Under berth storage, 2 drawers beneath each lower berth Mirror on forward bulkhead SMX Cruisair A/C controls - new 2004 2 Portholes Porthole Curtains - new 2004 Intercom/phone system Stereo speakers Sentry 10BC dry chemical fire extinguisher 2 Overhead lights Private Head w/shower Guest Head (port) Entrance via port stateroom Vinyl overhead - new 2004 Vanity with molded sink, storage Wallcovering - new 2004 Mirrored medicine locker with 2 lights Shower stall with door, hot and cold water faucet, mounted showerhead with wall mount, bulkhead light Porthole Porthole curtains Full length mirror on door Amtico Flooring - new 2004 Plumbing Fixtures - new 2004 Headhunter toilet - new 2004
- Curved dinette - seats 4 Enameled cabinets 3 storage cabinets and work counter, aft and outboard Solid surface countertops Generous storage Double stainless sink with Insinkerator garbage disposal, hot and cold water faucet with spray nozzle New Nutone built in counter Blender Mixer installed 2010. Storage drawers and cabinets under sink 4-burner GE electric stove - New 2004 GE oven - New 2004 Kitchen Aid Microwave/Convection Oven - New 9/09 GE side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with water and ice dispenser - New 2004 U-Line freezer - New 2004 Complete Service 9/09 GE dishwasher - New 2004 Sharp 15" Plasma flat screen TV - New 2004 Intercom/phone system Stacked washer and dryer - New 2004 Complete Service 9/09 Amtico Flooring - New 2004 Custom curtains - New 2004 Various artwork - New 2004 2 opening ports Cruisair air conditioning controls Access to engine room Access to crew quarters
- Crew Quarters
- Upper and lower berths Four drawers beneath lower berth Mounted reading light at each bunk Large locker Opening ports Painted enamel cabinetry trimmed in varnished oak Overhead hatch to deck Chain locker forward through a watertight door SMX Cruisair A/C controls Crew Head · Vinyl Sole · Headhunter head · Corian counter with molded sink · Mirrored medicine locker with light above · Porthole with curtain · Shower room with light, blower, showerhead, door
- Pipewelders vinyl shade - new 2004 Ventura wind screen - new 2004 Pipewelders bimini top and frame - new 2005 L-shaped lounge seating (port aft and starboard) for 12, sunbrella cushions - new 2004 (2) STIDD 500 XL helm chairs - new 2004 Stainless Steel destroyer helm wheel Dingy chocks, aft Stern light 1997 14' Novurania tender w/ground tackle Refit 10/2010 Fire extinguisher 50hp Yamaha 4 stroke outboard Refit and complete service 10/2010 Stainless steel sink with hot and cold water Whirlpool Refrigerator beneath helm Storage areas under seating and helm New indoor/outdoor carpet 2006 Miscellaneous canvas covers and cushions - New 2004 MarQuipt tender lift 1000lb - New 2004 Signal mast with radar scanner, television antenna, forward navigation light, anchor light, meal-served/owner absent light, flagstaff, five antennas, wind speed/direction indicator Boat deck, aft Reconditioned tender bunks - New 2004 Nonskid deck Full instrumentation upgraded 2004 and 2006 (2) Courtesy lights at helm See Electronics and Navigation for list of electronics
- Electronics and Navigational Equipment
- Pilothouse ACR URP102 Spotlight Furuno FR 8100 radar Robertson AP300X Autopilot Center Robertson Dataline X Wind sensor Robertson Dataline Way point Robertson Dataline Wind Simrad IS12 Depth Robertson Dataline X Speed sensor Bennett Trim Tab Level Indicators Pelco Video Switch Nauticomp Color Display Naiad Stabilizer Panel/Controller, hydraulic SEA 156VHF radio Glendenning shift control throttle Maxwell anchor winch control panel Wesmar 48V 23HP DCPro Bowthruster Wesmar 48V 23.5 HP DCPro Sternthruster Rudder angle indicator 8" flat compass Computer interfaced with chart nav Dell Inspiration 5000 laptop w/docking station Microsoft keyboard Shore 2 line telephones - 5 stations Nera SAT telephone - SAT Com system Cellular SX4 cellular telephone Panasonic PBX phone system Electronic tank monitoring: waste; forward fuel; aft fuel Seatel Antenna Flybridge ICOM VHF ICM500 Wesmar 48V 23HP DCPro Bowthruster Wesmar 48V 23.5 HP DCPro Sternthruster Robertson AP300 Handheld Remote Control for Autopilot Wagnor 150 Rudder Angle Indicator Furuno GPS Navigator Remote control anchor/windlass switch Sony SDX81 disc CD player with cassette player Analog gauges: tachometer; voltmeter; water temp; oil pressure Dual signal horns and w/o signal light system
- Electrical System
- (2) 100 amp services at bow and stern (2) 100 amp Charles ISO boost systems at each service (2) 100 amp Glendinning cablemasters 100 amp shore power cord, new breaker and wiring Glendinning TV/phone cablemaster at bow 48V AGM batteries for bow/stern thrusters New 10/2010 Ships service newly converted from 32v to 24v New 10/2010 All batteries have been replaced with AGMs Replaced all battery chargers with solid state Replaced all 110 wiring with new 110 wiring New labeling on electrical panel New low voltage lighting throughout New direction spotlights in cockpit Nav, Stern and Mast light (lens) have all been replaced
- Engine /Mechanical Equipment
- Engine room entrance via galley Diamond plate aluminum deck (6) Overhead lights Cruisair air conditioner - 8 units Overhauled 9/09 Starboard 32KW Westerbeke generator with sound shield New 9/09 Port 20KW Westerbeke generator with sound shield Overhauled 9/09 1500 GPD Sea Recovery watermaker Overhauled 9/09. New Membranes 10/2010 Naiad stabilizers - 6 sq. ft. fins Wagner hydraulic DJ1958 steering system Stainless water jacketed exhaust. Risers rebuilt 9/09 Headhunter fresh water pump with pressure tank Aft and forward water strainers Headhunter holding tank monitoring system New sump pump 9/09 AC and DC electrical panel with power source selectors DC battery switch panel (2) Condenser pumps, AC & DC bilge pumps (4) Racor Mod. 75-1000 fuel filters w/vacuum gauges Hersey pneumatic water gauges Headhunter fuel tank monitoring system Fuel manifold system Electricatalytic hull protection system Fresh water manifold system Engine and Mechanical Equipment New/Upgraded 2004: Fluorescent lighting Auxiliary air compressor Watermaker, membranes, 3-way valve (2) Hot water heaters Graywater overboard pump Headhunter graywater tank monitoring system Headhunter Mach 5 domestic water pump New 2010 Labeling Placards Accumulator tanks replaced with Headhunter fiberglass (2) blower systems Lube oil storage and supply lines rebuilt (3) A/C compressors Dual backup seawater pumps for A/C A/C seawater strainer A/C controls replaced with Cruisair SMX systems Oberdorfer bilge pump Seacocks and valves serviced 12/2006 Oberdorfer fuel transfer pump Lead sound insulation at salon door Halon system recertified 2006 Ships water filtration Engine room paint 12/2006 New exhaust turbo jackets and blankets 2009 Motor mounts new 12/2006 New Seawater pumps Reconditioned and resealed airboxes Boiled out heat exchanger cores Block heaters installed New engine room mechanical gauges installed Coolant level monitor alarms installed Replaced all engine sensors and senders All hoses and fuel lines replaced Alternators rebuilt and converted to 24V Hydraulic engine controls removed and replaced with Glendinning Electronic controls at 2 stations New Glendenning remote control on tether at bridge Generator fuel lines replaced Generators reconditioned Generator raw water pumps replaced Starboard generator heat exchanger rebuilt New dripless shaft logs 12/2006 Shafts and props removed and reconditioned 12/2006 Recent work in the engine room September 2009 includes the following. Main Engine Risers were removed pressure tested and refinished before replacememnt. Installed new 32 KW Westerbeke generator. Overhauled 20 KW Westerbeke generator. Main Engine Turbos were rebuilt. Black Water sump pump was replaced. A New back-up raw water pump was installed for the airconditioning system Air conditioning system was overhauled and flushed. The entire engine room has been repainted and detailed. Main Engine Raw Water Pumps New 10/2010
- Paint is in good condition with recent attention to any problem areas 10/2010. Flag Blue Hull Exterior white Awlgrip Teak Deck serviced and refastened 9/09 Varnished teak caprails and safety rails - revarnished 10/2010 2 gangways Stern platform w/swim ladder - refastened 12/2006 Clear plexi wing doors to aft salon Marguipt sea stairs Fender trolley system Foredeck washdown, port Foredeck cushioned riding seat with sunbrella cushions and cover Foredeck hatch, centerline Fender & line storage Aluminum bow rail Bow Flagstaff Holder Flag staff (wood), bow Maxwell Mod. 4500 anchor windlass - rebuilt 10/2010 Vertical capstan Danforth anchor: 300' x ¾" rode Portside storage locker with boarding ladders Bow and midship rail gates 2 Bow Cleats Quad-trumpet air horn with signal kit, starboard of centerline on forward superstructure Hailer horn, centerline Nameboard, port and starboard, with running light and courtesy light Three windshield wipers Hubbell Television/telephone connector, port and starboard Deck courtesy light, port and starboard Spring Cleats, (2) port and (2) starboard Diesel fill, port and starboard Water fill, port and starboard Overhead deck light, port and starboard Lube oil fill, port
- 14' Novurania Side Console hard bottom inflatable, hull #PKDO9871F697 with Yamaha F50TLRV 50horsepower four-stroke outboard engine, S/N #627-L-405005. Full service 10/2010 Fiber glass console Steering wheel Yamaha single-lever engine controls Ritchie compass Standard VHF radio Engine instrumentation including tachometer 12-volt battery VHF antenna Kidde 10BC dry chemical fire extinguisher, no tag Navigation light, port and starboard Padded forward seating area Padded helm benchseat Gasoline fill cap Electric/automatic bilge pump with float switch Lifting bridle Stainless steel grab rail at helm console
- Safety and Fire Protection
- 3 Life rings EPIRB Fire, heat and smoke detectors 2 Fi-Quench halon fire extinguishing system-20lbs 6 portable fire extinguishers
- Owner's personal effects.
- Jayhawk has been Captain maintained and operated since this Owner purchased her in late 2005. She has received regular upgrades and haulouts during this time and has been based and operated privately in the Bahamas. The engine room is in excellent condition with a new main generator and low use on the rebuilt main engines. Turbos have been rebuilt and new or reconditioned risers installed. Dripless shaft seals have been fitted and the main exhausts rebuilt. Jayhawk runs well and quietly and has served this Owner well, a larger Burger is the quest but the sale of Jayhawk must come first. Well worth a look with an Owner eager to sell.
- Hauled 9/09 for a full bottom job including heavy sanding and application of new antifouling. Bowthruster rebuilt and coated with PropSpeed. Running Gear including shafting and props coated with PropSpeed.
- For more information, contact Jeromy Mold Cell: 954.547.6302 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org