The Queen of the Hunter Fleet! A luxurious passagemaker with a versatile floor plan for total extended offshore cruising; this Hunter 49 has accommodations for 8 and outstanding entertainment features (VERITAS is the 4 stateroom model). With an overall length of 49' 11", a 14' 5" beam, and 6' 9" salon headroom, the Hunter 49 is a BIG boat with impressive interior volume. The Hunter 49 retains the Hunter trademark of single-handed sail-ability which is a great feature for a boat of this size. A dual-ended mainsheet allows adjustments from both the cockpit and companionway, and all sheets and halyards end at the cockpit. And, add the options of furling boom, electric winches, overlapping jib, spinnaker, autopilot, bow thruster, upgraded engine, and full electronics and VERITAS is under your command! Just added new Dodger and Bimimi 2010.
magazine named the Hunter 49 the 2008 Boat of the Year (Best Full Size
VERITAS awaits you. Are you ready to sail?
Article reprinted for CRUISING WORLD magazine:
Hunter 49: Solid at Sea and Devilish in the Details
- The Queen of the Hunter Fleet! A luxurious passagemaker with a versatile floor plan for total extended offshore cruising; this Hunter 49 has accommodations for 8 and outstanding entertainment features (VERITAS is the 4 stateroom model). With an overall length of 49' 11", a 14' 5" beam, and 6' 9" salon headroom, the Hunter 49 is a BIG boat with impressive interior volume. The Hunter 49 retains the Hunter trademark of single-handed sail-ability which is a great feature for a boat of this size. A dual-ended mainsheet allows adjustments from both the cockpit and companionway, and all sheets and halyards end at the cockpit. And, add the options of furling boom, electric winches, overlapping jib, spinnaker, autopilot, bow thruster, upgraded engine, and full electronics and VERITAS is under your command! Just added new Dodger and Bimimi 2010. CRUISING WORLD magazine named the Hunter 49 the 2008 Boat of the Year (Best Full Size Cruiser). VERITAS awaits you. Are you ready to sail? Article reprinted for CRUISING WORLD magazine: Hunter 49: Solid at Sea and Devilish in the Details This sturdy performer was named Best Full-Size cruiser by CW 's Boat of the Year judges. Dec. 17, 2007 By Mark Pillsbury When the BOTY judges sat down to trade notes on this year's crop of Full-Size Cruisers, the Hunter 49 outpaced its rivals with its sail plan and rig options, safety features, solid feel under sail, accommodations, and price. In their discussion, the judges pointed to a number of details that made this a boat that could be enjoyed in port and, with some minor tweaks, take an owner and family a ways offshore. Starting at the bow, BOTY judge and former sailmaker Tom Linskey was struck by the ability to have a self-tending jib, an overlapping genoa, or a combination of both with the addition of a solent stay. At the aft end, all of the judges were impressed by the split mainsheet that could be controlled either by a winch on the cabin top or with a tail that runs down the trademark Hunter overhead arch to a winch by the port helm station. The 49's cockpit is comfortable, with twin wheels and a solid table. Ahead of that, judge Steve Callahan noted that the companionway stairs were some of the best in the show. On deck, handrails run forward, past the mast, and 28-inch-high lifelines give a sense of security when you're moving about while under way. Below, an ingenious hanging area for wet foulies under the companionway caught the eye of judge Stacey Collins, as did ample storage under the saloon sole and the well-marked and easy-to-access through-hulls. Below the waterline, designer Glenn Henderson and his team relied on a relatively small keel and large rudder to produce a boat that tracks well and has power when moving through the water. Moreover, the judges concluded that the boat's systems and construction are well thought out and thorough, making the boat, at just under $400,000, a value for the buyer. "I was just so impressed with the sailhandling and the rig options. The general quality of the build is a cut above." Tom Linskey
- VERITAS is a four stateroom, three head, layout. The aft cockpit has twin helm consoles and a generous seating area and cockpit table. Below decks are two double staterooms aft sharing a head and stall shower. Forward are two double staterooms with two heads/showers. Amidships are the navigation desk, salon, dining area (converts to additional berth), and galley.
- Deck & Hull
- Double offset anchor roller Anchor well with space for rode and chain Electric anchor windlass Stainless steel bow pulpit Stainless steel cockpit arch with mainsheet traveler Stainless steel deck handrails 2 - Dorade vents Dockside fresh water hook-up 11 - overhead deck hatches with screens HKT Kevlar hull reinforcement Hull is fiberglass reinforced and balsa sandwich above waterline, solid fiberglass bottom Hull has structural grid reinforcement Shoal draft lead keel with stainless bolts Double lifelines with three gates and stainless stanchions 2 - transom storage lockers LPG tank storage for 2 LPG bottles Maxguard gelcoats for UV protection 8 Stainless steel mooring cleats Nonskid deck 2 - fixed ports 10 - opening ports with screens Full wrap rub rail with stainless steel insert Balanced spade rudder with stainless steel shaft Sail locker forward with watertight bulkhead Swim platform with stainless steel telescoping ladder Through bolted hull to deck joint with full rub rail Through-hull fittings are all bronze below waterline Windshield has fixed ports with cover
- Dual steering consoles with VHF radios and Raymarine instruments (wind. depth, speed,auto pilot, GPS, plotter, radar) Single lever engine control (starboard console), wheel brake, lighted compass, stainless guard and Lewmar direct drive steering system Manual bilge pump Stainless steel cockpit arch with mainsheet traveler Cockpit grabrail with integral fold-out table Cockpit table with Corian top and ice bucket Dual helm stations with compasses and wheel brakes Flexiteek in cockpit and swim platform Halyard tail storage wells 5 - cockpit storage lockers Stern rail seats with drink holders Transom hot and cold shower Walk-through transom with swim platform AM/FM/CD player and speakers 2 - fishing rod holders
- Accord shades Cabin lighting Courtesy floor lighting 4 - fixed side deck windows with shades Fixed deck windshield ports Deluxe cushion fabric package Dinette table (convertible to berth) Dinette table with high gloss finish Removable leaf for high-gloss dinette table 2 - Dorade vents AC and DC electrical outlets Everwear gloss laminate sole Gloss finish teak woodwork Hardwood handrails on both sides 2 - opening deck hatches with screens 2 - fixed hull ports Selected hardwood trim Supreme shade package Smoke and carbon monoxide detectors Storage lockers on hull sides Storage shelving
- Corian countertops with backsplash 1 - opening deck hatch Dish setting package for 6 with lighted, self-draining storage cabinet AC electrical outlet Chrome pull out dual function faucet Top opening freezer (upgrade) Pressure hot and cold fresh water system (and water maker upgrade) Microwave and coffeemaker combination 2 - opening ports with screens Range hood with light and fan Stainless steel front opening refrigerator Icemaker Double stainless steel sinks with cutting board 3 - Storage cabinets 7 - Storage drawers Storage shelving Three burner propane gimbaled stove with oven Built in waste bin
- Cabins (4)
- Double berths with innerspring mattress and bedding package Cabin lighting AC and DC electrical outlets Cedar lined hanging locker Ports/hatches - opening with screens Storage drawers/bins around bed Owner's cabin has TV/DVD
- Main Head (Aft)
- Dual access doors AC and DC electrical outlets Overhead deck hatch 3 - opening frosted ports Quiet Flush head (upgrade) Shower stall with adjustable shower head, seat and sump pump Storage compartments Vanity with Corian countertop
- Forward Heads- Port and Starboard
- Access door AC and DC electrical outlets Opening port Quiet Flush head (upgrade) Hand held shower Storage compartments Vanity with Corian countertop
- 12-Volt DC Electrical System w/breaker panel 110 HP Yanmar diesel aux engine with three blade feathering propeller (upgrade) 100 amp alternator (upgrade) Engine start battery box 3 - House battery boxes, size 8D 100 amp battery charger Electric automatic bilge pump Cable TV and phone jacks Deluxe engine panel with gauges, hour meter and alarm Pressure hot and cold fresh water system Gauges for fuel tank, water tank, and waste tank Deck and anchor lights Navigation light package NMMA certification on all systems VHF radios (2) w/DSC and stainless steel antenna Waste holding tank with macerator pump Water heater, 11 gallon X-Change-R oil change system Propane gas system for cooking Ram mics for VHF (option - 2 VHF radios) Raymarine ST-60 speed, depth and wind indicators (option) Raymarine Tridata repeater option for speed, depth, and wind indicators at second helm console Raymarine 7000 Auto Pilot with wireless controller (option) Raymarine E80 GPS/radar/plotter (option) Raymarine E120 radar (option) Shore power system is 240 volt w with isolation transformer and cord Bose Lifestyle 28 stereo entertainment system w/26" flat screen TV (upgrade) Shower sump pumps
- Boom Vang Internal halyards led to cockpit Jib furling system Jib, self tacking, furling with acrylic sun cover (overlapping jib upgrade) Furl Boom with Mainsail (furling boom upgrade) Mainsheet double ended purchase system Selden mast B&R with fractional sail plan 2 sets rigging line stoppers and organizers Arch mounted traveler for mainsheet 2 - Winch handles 2 - Self tailing #44 two speed winches 2 - Self tailing #54 electric two speed primary winches Windex wind indicator New Dodger and Bimimi 2010 New acrylic sun covers for sails 2010
- Navigation and Safety
- "Simpli-Panel" 12-volt switching system Adjustable chart light Custom swivel chair Opening chart table AC and DC electrical outlets phone jacks Storage cabinet for chart plotting gear Storage cabinets Air horn Anchor and line Carbon monoxide and smoke detectors Emergency Tiller 3 - hand held fire extinguishers Automatic fire suppression system in engine room Fog bell GFI Receptacles Hand-held flares High-bilge water alarm and pump 8 - Life jackets NMMA certification on all systems Reference book, Chapman's Piloting Throwable floatation cushion
- Dealer Option Safety Package
- ACR Global Fix EPIRB with hydrostatic release 4 ACR Aquafix PLBs (personal EPIRBs) Avon 4 man life raft with cradle Switlik rescue POD 4 Mustang inflatable life jackets ACR abandon ship bag with equipment Medical Sea Pack offshore first aid kit Ground tackle & docking package #55 Delta anchor 200' x 5/16" HT chain rode 300' Nylon anchor rode 6 - 5/8" dock lines
- Optional Mariners Package
- Engine upgrade to Yanmar 110HP engine Top opening freezer Innerspring mattresses with memory foam Quiet-Flush head systems Additional front opening refrigerator Supreme shade package Bose Lifestyle 28 stereo entertainment system upgrade (main cabin) w/ 26" Flat Panel TV Cockpit stereo AM/FM/CD with arch speakers
- 100 amp alternator Electric winch upgrade Furling boom and mainsail Overlapping jib with #54 winch Self tacking staysail Cruising spinnaker gear with 2 - #54 winches Asymmetrical spinnaker Dowsing sock 4 Cabin layout Fold-O-Flex 22" x 16" RH three blade feathering propeller Spurs line cutters on propeller shaft Additional fuel tank (option) Air-conditioning Bow thruster - Max Power Series 80 4.4 HP Dynaplate grounding plate Starboard helm winch Port helm winch Fisher Panda 12 KW generator - 1510 hours 9/11 Xantrex 2500 watt inverter with automatic three stage 100 amp battery charger Horizon Reverse Osmosis Seafari Mini 170 Watermaker - 12 volt, 7 gallon/hour Raymarine ST-60 Wind, Wind, Depth indicators Raymarine ST-60 Tridata repeater for Wind, Speed, Depth indicators Raymarine 7000 Auto Pilot with wireless controller E80 Raymarine Plotter/Radar GPS & E120 with radar Barrier bottom coat & paint Sundeck cushions Stern rail cushions VHF remote helm station Spare rudder system Bimini top with installation Single Sideband Radio and antenna Complete canvas package
- Here is an opportunity to purchase a very fully equipped 2007 Hunter 49. This boat has been "shaken down" by a most experienced Yachtsman. VERITAS is ready to go and on locationin Key West, Florida. Come see her today.
- All speeds, capacities, consumption, etc. are approximate or estimated; measurements can also be approximate. Specifications are provided for information only, and particulars herein obtained from sources believed to be correct, but are not guaranteed. Buyer should instruct his agent and/or surveyor to check all details for accuracy. Offered subject to prior sale, price and/orinventory change, or withdrawal from the market without notification.
- IF YOU WANT THE WHOLE STORY AND ALL THE FACTS PLEASE CONTAC CENTRAL AGENT BOB ZARCHEN, CPYB OFFICE DIRECT LINE: 954-617-3496 (MOBILE: 305-793-5881) EMAIL: BOBZ@MINDSPRING.COM