- 55 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 2842LE 404 Diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
SANDY is superior example of Hinckley’s flagship T-55 Motor Yacht. Fast, spacious and elegant, SANDY is a personal boat for the yachtsman who wants the very best.
- SANDY is a beautiful yacht. Designed as a couples retreat, the large master stateroom is forward with an ensuite head and shower. A large galley down to port and a second stateroom/office is to starboard midship with a double berth. There is a full guest head with shower. The spacious salon incorporates the helm station to starboard forward and dinette/lounge seating aft. Two Thomas Moser wing chairs and an entertainment cabinet are to port. The Hinckley 55 Motor Yacht achieves an unprecedented level of performance, comfort and style. Interior: The boat’s 17’9” beam provides for spacious accommodations including a Pilothouse area, open galley, guest cabin with office desk and double berth, two heads with showers, abundant storage, and a luxurious Master Suite with queen-sized center-line bed. There is extra storage aboard SANDY for cruising. The interior is finished in satin varnished cherry bulkheads, corner posts and panel and locker doors; a gloss varnished teak and tulipwood cabin sole; and a sound absorbent overhead with satin varnished cherry battens. Exterior The Midnight Blue Awlgrip hull, White Gelcoat deck, Cream Awlgrip single boot stripe and red bottom make this boat a stand out. Stainless steel full bow rail, varnished teak toe rail and cockpit coamings along with varnished exterior handrails and trim. The large deep cockpit with forward and aft-facing seating has a walk-through transom door to the swim platform; and comfortable custom “L” shaped bench seating on the port side. Wide side decks with integral fender lockers, handrails, bow rail, and a huge foredeck locker for storage, makes handling lines and fenders easy and safe while docking. Features: Eight (8) cabin side port lights (all opening) with screens. Nine (9) opening overhead hatches with stainless steel frames provide a light and airy interior. Ocean air Skyscreens provide bug screens and shades on all overhead hatches. Powered Ocean Air Skysol pleated shades on pilothouse side windows. Corian counter tops in galley. Gloss varnished cherry vanity tops in both heads Rheostat cabin lighting throughout provides enhanced ambiance. Marine Air Systems chilled-water reverse-cycle heat/air-conditioning. Central vacuum system. Extra cabinet, drawer, and locker storage throughout the boat. LG LCD TV/monitor in Master stateroom. LG LCD TV/monitor in office Entertainment Electronics: (2)Bose Lifestyle 38 surround-sound audio systems with cable TV and DVD/CD player – Pilothouse speakers, separate Bose system in Owner’s cabin and (2) Bose waterproof cockpit speakers. Sharp flat screen TV /monitor folds down into entertainment cabinet in salon. LG LCD TV/ monitor in Master cabin- recessed into forward bulkhead above desk with doors and individual Bose Lifestyle audio system. Separate LG LCD TV/monitor for office/stateroom with cable TV connection and computer input.
- HULL and DECK
- Midnight Blue Awlgrip hull. W-341 White gelcoat deck and cabintop, with molded-in nonskid. Single Cream Awlgrip boot top stripe. Red bottom paint. Stainless steel frame four panel curved sliding glass door to salon from cockpit with curtains. Stainless steel exterior full bow rail. Varnished cabintop and rooftop handrails. Swim platform, with telescoping swim ladder. Custom polished stainless steel anchor roller. Transom door. Molded aft-facing cockpit seating and deck access steps port and starboard sides. Custom fold away transom forward facing bench seating and custom portside bench seating in cockpit. Cockpit table is removable. Exterior windshield cover. Roof top mast painted to match deck. Cockpit lighting. Under water exhaust CONSTRUCTION: Hull: Hinckley DualGuard™ Composite Construction- Kevlar®/E-glass outer skin with balsa and Corecell® core and Carbon fiber inner skin, vacuum infused with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP®). Deck: E-glass skin with balsa and Corecell® core. Laminated with Vinylester resin using Seaman Composite Resin Infusion Molding Process (SCRIMP®). These materials and building techniques provide for a superior surface finish, greater resistance to osmosis, high degree of stiffness & stiffness/weight ratios, greater hull strength against impact damage, and thermal insulation. Non-metallic composite thru-hull fittings with ball-valve seacocks are below waterline and above the waterline where appropriate. Bronze seacocks, thru-hull fittings and sea strainers on propulsion engines. Rub rail has stainless steel half-round on fiberglass molding and on spray rails. Swim Platform: The swim platform is painted to match hull color with teak decking inserts, stainless steel mounting brackets, and stainless steel half round edge; with a stainless steel telescoping 3-step swim ladder under swim platform. DECK: Bow rail – 316L stainless steel with varnished teak bow burgee staff and mounting socket on railing forward extends aft port and starboard to just forward of the cockpit. Molded non-skid surface on cockpit deck, side deck surfaces, and cabin top surfaces. Polished smooth Gelcoat finish on vertical surfaces of deck, house, waterways, and pilothouse top Tapered varnished teak toe rails with Hinckley profile. Running lights on pilothouse roof sides Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top. Handrails – varnished teak handrails are mounted on forward cabin top port and starboard and on the roof top port and starboard Anchor Locker: Molded into the foredeck, with hinged and gas-spring assisted hatches. Custom stainless steel anchor roller with stainless steel Delta plow anchor. Remote control for Hydraulic anchor windlass as well as control at helm station makes anchoring this boat simple. A saltwater deck wash system is located in this foredeck locker. Chocks - (2) Open custom Hinckley stainless steel bow chocks, and (4) Closed custom Hinckley chocks located at fore and aft spring cleats. Mooring Cleats: (8) 316 stainless steel bow, stern and springline cleats. Bow and stern cleats are 12” and springline cleats are 10” (9) Smoke gray tint hatches with stainless steel frames have interior Sky Screen screens and sun shades. Overboard direct drainage scuppers for cockpit. Custom Hinckley fender storage lockers in side deck lockers midship for (4) fenders, 2-port and 2-starboard. Huge foredeck storage locker has port and starboard hinged and gas-spring assisted hatches and step access to interior. Custom Hinckley aluminum mast, open array radar antenna, remote spotlight, and Thermal imaging camera and the hailer horn are painted to match deck.
- Entry to the boat is either from the port or starboard side decks with steps into the cockpit, or through the transom door from the swim platform. Molded fiberglass boarding steps inboard of cockpit coaming port and starboard. A hinged transom door to starboard at the stern. Molded fiberglass rear facing seating both port and starboard sides. Fold away forward facing transom bench seating with removable back rest, custom port side bench seating is removable. Removable cockpit table has stainless steel deck fitting Stern mounted 5’ varnished ensign staff with flush mounted stainless steel center socket. Storage lockers port and starboard. Features include: Molded non-skid sole and varnished cockpit coaming. Electric lift engine room access centerline hatch. Ivory Stamoid cockpit cover. Pair (2) Bose waterproof speakers - controlled from salon main system. Courtesy lighting under cockpit coaming. Safety lighting on cockpit steps. Cockpit shower with hot/cold mixing valve with shower near transom door. (2) Glendenning powered shore cords exit from the transom through flush hatch to port side. Cockpit seating is provided by: Port and starboard aft-facing settees, with storage behind; and removable bottom and seat back cushions. Additional seating is provided by a fold-away transom seat - stores away completely. Removable seat back cushion. Custom removable bench seating to port forms “L” shaped cockpit seating Cushions - covered in Sunbrella Chateau de Lis (blue/yellow) for bench seating, rear facing seating fabric is Sunbrella Lyon Stripe (blue/yellow) Storage is provided in the cockpit by: Lockers under cockpit coamings port and starboard. Lockers in back of rear facing seating. Cockpit sole hatch with recessed hinges and manual lift hydraulic risers for access to the lazzarette and Hamilton Water Jet propulsion systems, additionally there is fender storage on underside of this hatch.
- Large pilothouse windows and sliding aft glass doors provide excellent visibility and natural light to the interior of the salon. Entry to pilothouse from cockpit is through polished stainless steel framed, full-height, curved, tinted tempered glass doors. These custom doors have four panels (each side has one-fixed, and one sliding panel, port and stbd), allowing opening positions up to 64-inches, which makes the interior to feel open and airy to the cockpit. Pilothouse layout includes : Forward: Helm station area is to starboard with twin Stidd helmsman chairs. To port is a bar area and chart table top with storage under, an open companionway forward leads down to the galley and accommodations below. The bar area outboard includes liquor storage locker as well as chart storage under top of bar. Aft: Full-width living area aft in the pilot house includes a U-shaped couch settee seating to starboard and an Entertainment center to port with two Thomas Moser wing chairs. Pilothouse is finished with: Satin-varnished cherry including dash and bar area, bulkheads and panel areas. Varnished cherry overhead battens and custom air-conditioning valance ducts with indirect lighting. Varnished teak and tulipwood pilothouse sole, with area carpets. Couch settee seating is finished in Alter Ego fabric (maple with piping). Electric Hi-Lo dinning table. Black composite on Helm pod face. The Pilothouse has: All fixed windows are laminated safety glass. Three forward fixed windows have windshield wipers & washers. Electric opening side window starboard at helm. Electric Ocean Air Skysol roman-style blind system for pilot house side windows. Front windows have an outside snap-on, shade cover. Pilothouse aft door has roman-style shades, custom Avalon fabric (Cashew Chintz Topar Plus Gold/stripe). Overhead lighting is provided by halogen lamps on dimmer controls. Additional lighting is provided by wall-mounted lamps aft. Ice maker under helm seating AFT PILOTHOUSE AREA Features: Dinette (Starboard) U-shaped dinette couch settee. Varnished cherry table on electric Hi-Lo pedestal can drop down to convert to a double bunk. Throw pillows for settee. Bose surround sound system. Entertainment Area (Port): Custom cherry cabinet/table holds entertainment electronics. Outboard is a fold-away Sharp TV. Bose Lifestyle surround-sound audio system. There are two Thomas Moser wing chairs with cushions on either side of the cabinet. Next forward bar area with liquor locker storage, and built-in chart top. HELM area: The Helm is forward to starboard, and has a black composite finished dash with flush mounted electronics and controls, and varnished outboard shelf. This area also has the Hinckley JetStick®, engine controls, instruments and gauges, and a teak-rimmed steering wheel. Two Stidd helm seats are covered in Silk Ultraleather. The Helm seats are electrically powered with chrome pedestals. Below the companion seat is a locker with 110-V Icemaker. JetStick® system includes manual override back-up. 110-VAC outlet. Stainless steel glass/mug holders are port and starboard of the helm. Air-conditioning control panel. Main electrical breaker panel at gangway stairs. Binnacle-mounted Ritchie Powerdamp compass. The Helm has an open view to port into the easily accessed Galley below, as well as the surrounding decks, foredeck and aft cockpit area outside the yacht. Electronics and Navigation Equipment : Simrad AP 5002 Autopilot with AP 50 control head Simrad CA 54D18 Radar, GPS plotter, and depth sonar with RA 80 6KW open array antenna and 18” Radome as backup. . Second display is 15” LCD monitor External alarms for CA 54 and RA 52 systems. Simrad IS 15 Overhead Simrad HS 50 Simrad RS 86 VHF radio with loudhailer Weather Channel connected to 15” monitor at helm. PowerMax DA 4000SBR cell phone and wireless cellular repeater Ritchie Powerdamp compass Exalto wiper control panel Ocean View Thermal imaging camera control LectroTab trim tab control panel Emergency bilge pump switch
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- From the Pilothouse forward, down the open companionway on centerline are steps to the interior accommodations below: Vessel Walk-through : Forward is the over-sized Master Suite with ensuite head and stall shower. Next aft to starboard is a large storage locker outboard and hallway. Located amidships is the washer/dryer closet with door. Next aft to port is the Guest/Day Head with shower. Next aft to starboard is the Guest Cabin/Office The Galley is across from the Guest Cabin, to port. The custom finished interior is satin-varnished cherry and a gloss varnished teak and tulip cabin sole. Removable protective covers are provided for cabin soles. Cherry raised-panel doors and locker doors and cherry battened overhead. Large overhead hatches have Ocean Air screens and shades. Opening ports with shades and screens provide additional natural ventilation. Custom rheostat cabin lighting throughout. Interior cushions and custom fabrics. Abalone Corian countertops in the galley. GALLEY ( Port): This area is an open bulkhead design visible to the pilothouse and receives lots of natural light and ventilation and also has a portlight outboard. Corian Abalone counter tops. Gaggenau Vc-335-602 2-burner electric cook top. Sharp Carousel convection oven - flush mounted above sink. Double Sink - Polished stainless steel undermounted sink with Grohe single-lever fixture with sprayer. Hot and cold pressure fresh water system. Two Sub Zero Refrigeration drawers with cherry-faces. Top load freezer outboard aft. Additional 110-VAC outlets are positioned for appliances.. Over-counter lighting with dimmer. Alcove dish rack storage above sink. Aft: There is a double stainless steel sink built into the counter top, with a Grohe single-lever chrome fixture and sprayer and hot and cold pressure water. Inboard the sink is a countertop accessed storage bin. The countertop has a back lip here that protects the cherry bulkhead. Over the sink is an alcove for dish storage. The microwave/convection oven is flush-mounted over. Below the sink are two doors to storage space. Outboard: Aft is the top-load freezer, next is a counter top smooth 2-burner electric cooktop with storage drawers under and storage lockers outboard. Forward of the stove is the 2-drawer-style refrigeration system with cherry fronts. Inboard: Additional counter space with storage below and outboard, an under the counter door for access to trash can. GUEST CABIN The Guest Cabin (midship to Starboard) is entered through a pocket-style sliding tambour door. This cabin has a lift-top office desk with a desk chair forward, abundant locker storage, and a settee seating/bunk arrangement aft that converts to a double berth. There is drawer storage under the settee/berth and outboard locker storage, and forward bulkhead locker storage. The LG LCD Flat-screen TV/computer monitor is mounted above the desk. 110-volt outlet. Overhead lighting on dimmer Bulkhead mounted lighting. Reverse-cycle AC/heat vent. All satin-varnished cherry surfaces. Air-conditioning control Opening window port. Overhead hatch with shade. Hanging locker HEAD AREA: The Guest Head is forward of the Galley to port and is finished in varnished cherry including lockers and mirror trim and has a Light Cream gelcoat molded sole for easy cleaning. This Head includes: Varnished cherry countertop with under mounted stainless steel sink with Grohe single-lever fixture. Sealand Vacu-flush marine toilet plumbed directly to holding tank. The holding tank can then be emptied via a deck fitting or overboard through the Sealand macerator pump. Shower, sectioned off with Lucite doors, with a Grohe single-lever mixing valve Opening portlight Overhead lighting. Storage areas are outboard and under sink. (2) Custom stainless steel towel racks. Hella fan. Overhead hatch has SkyScreen shade. WASHER/DRYER Center: Centrally located forward and to starboard from the Guest Head, the stack Asko washer and dryer is behind a cherry door. STORAGE AREA (Stbd): T o starboard, forward of Guest Cabin Large storage area with double cherry doors. This area houses the built in central VAC vacuum system. Also in this locker is area for hanging clothes, storage space and storage compartments. MASTER SUITE (Forward) The large Master Suite is luxurious. It includes a private head with a large separate stall shower. Entered through a starboard solid cherry door, the master stateroom has a centerline forward-facing queen bunk with storage drawers under. There is a custom padded headboard that is covered in Brewster Toile, Cornflower with 4” diamond quilted fabric. Abundant locker and drawer storage and (2) hanging lockers. Forward is a lift top desk/vanity with chair, and to port is a small seating settee. Features include: Cherry satin-varnished counter tops and cabinetry Lots of storage available in port and starboard drawers and lockers with satin-varnished cherry doors. Built-in desk/vanity forward with port and starboard shelved cabinets Lift-top desk has make-up mirror inside Opening port lights Overhead lighting on dimmers Alcove book shelves to starboard. Bulkhead mounted lighting forward and aft Reverse-cycle AC/heat vents LG Plasma TV/monitor, behind cherry panel doors. Samsung DVD/VHS player. Bose Lifestyle surround sound speakers. Simrad RS 87 remote VHF radio with external speaker at desk. Forward in this cabin is a built-in desk/vanity on center-line with storage cabinets outboard. A desk chair slides under vanity/desk for storage. Above the desk is a LG P TV/monitor and plays DVD or VHS. Surround audio system. Continuing aft, to port and starboard are built-in hanging lockers, drawers and shelved cabinetry. All cabinetry is finished in satin-varnished cherry woodwork. The floors are gloss finished teak and tulip wood. MASTER HEAD: Aft to port in the Master Cabin is the entry to the Owner’s head. This Head features a separate stall shower and is also finished in satin varnished cherry with a Light Cream gelcoat molded sole. This Head includes: Gloss-varnished countertop with custom edge details with custom polished stainless steel sink with Grohe single-lever fixture. Separate Stall Shower with a Grohe single-lever mixing valve. Sealand Vacu-flush marine toilet plumbed directly to a holding tank. The holding tank can then be emptied via a deck fitting or overboard through the Sealand macerator pump. Opening portlight. Full-length mirror on aft bulkhead with cherry trim. Overhead lighting has dimmer. Storage areas outboard and under sink. (2) Stainless steel towel bars. 110-volt outlet. Air-conditioning outlet. Forced ventilation. Hella fan Mirror above sink Simrad remote VHF speaker Tank watch monitor Overhead hatch with SkyScreen shade Robe hook on back of head door
- Custom lighted electrical panel with smoked glass cover has circuit breakers, meters, switches, and indicator lights. Common wire bonding with a minimum branch wire size of #8 AWG per ABYC. All new batteries 2012 Start Batteries: Four (4) LIfeline GPL-4DA marine (210-amp each) batteries for main engines and generator. House: Four (4) LIfeline GPL-8DA marine (255-amp each) batteries for the main house bank. Heavy-duty battery switches for both port and starboard engines, with the ability to parallel the Starting Batteries. Two (2) Balmar® alternators - 100-amp 24-Volt DC. Two (2) 24-Volt-DC battery chargers. One (1) House bank and one (1) for starting bank. 24-Volt DC ship’s service. 240-volt-AC from shore with 12-volt DC electronics panel. 12-Volt lighting Two (2) Power inlet cords rated at 50-amps each, 240/120-Volt AC. MasterVolt BTM -1 battery monitor system. Generator: One (1) Fischer Panda PMS 16SSDP 16-KW, rated for 240-volts AC and is mounted in a sound shield. With digital remote panel for starting.
- Twin Man 1300HP 2842LE 404 diesel engines. Twin Disc transmissions Single lever Man Electronic control. Man MMDS-CMS 10 engine function display. Flo Scan fuel monitor system (2) Hamilton 403 water jets Hinckley JetStick® electric/hydraulic control system-integrates forward and aft motion of boat, steering, and bow thruster into single joystick. Alarms for low engine oil pressure, engine high water temperature Racor fuel-water filters with pressure gauges, water sensors. Racor in-line fuel/air separators. Baffled and insulated engine air intakes. Underwater exhaust system - with low speed by-pass. Side Power hydraulic bow thruster. Dual-cylinder stainless steel trim tabs. Power-assist steering Forced air exhaust blower in engine room. More: Oil Transfer Pump - reversible, 24-Volt DC - for main engines, transmissions, and generator. Fresh hot and cold pressurized water, 24-VDC main and back-up pumps supplying Galley, Shower, Head and Cockpit shower. (2) Automatic 24-volt DC sump pumps for showers, and air-conditioning condensate. (4) Rule® 24-volt DC electric 3500-GPH bilge pumps with ULTRA automatic float switches. High-water bilge alarm Saltwater deck wash deck wash pump with hose connections on deck near anchor roller. 17-gallon water heater - marine insulated stainless steel heater: 100-gallon aluminum holding tank 200-gallon stainless steel fresh water tank Marine Air Systems reverse-cycle marine air conditioning - one 24,000 BTU “chilled water” system with four (4) separate air handlers for the salon, galley and heads, guest cabin and owner’s stateroom Engine Room: Engine Room Insulation: Insulated with foam/composite insulation, with metal covering on visible surfaces. Double gaskets on access door to engine room. Engine Air Intake: Baffled and insulated. Four (4) cage protected lights. Fireboy fire suppression system with automatic engine shutdown
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle System: Hydraulic Muir windlass - mounted in custom anchor well. Custom 316L stainless steel bow roller with primary anchor. 55-lb Delta polished stainless steel primary anchor with 200’ x ¾ three strand nylon and 50’ of 3/8”” HT chain rode. Equipment: Remote controlled RCL -100 spot light - on pilothouse roof with remote control at helm. Ocean View thermal imaging camera mounted on rooftop. Backup water jet control system. Aft-deck flood light. Port and Starboard rod holders on cockpit side decks. Dockside water pressure system. Teak bow burgee pole with flush socket. Stern mounted 4' varnished teak staff with flush socket. Dock lines – 50’ x ¾” Fenders with fleece covers. Horn - dual-trumpet air horn with switch at helm. Lifejackets Navigation lights Coast Guard safety package (4) Fire Extinguishers: 2-lb. Type B-1 fire extinguishers for class A, B, and C fires.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Bob Jarrett - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: email@example.com ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org