- 42 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- FWC Diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
SOPHIA is a 1989 Aft-Cabin sloop with a varnished cherry interior with dinette on the port side. She has a Flag Blue hull, gold cove, red bottom and a 5' draft. Nice exterior varnish, 2100 engine hours and new Espar heat. SOPHIA is ready to go.
- SOPHIA is an Aft-Cabin SW-42 sloop with dinette and nav station and she sleeps 7 in two cabins plus salon berths.
- HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides Gold leaf Cove (2005): Cove stripe, name and hail. Oyster White Cabinhouse and deck with Camel Brown molded-in nonskid. Double white Boottop Red Bottom Construction: Handlaid fiberglass hull and deck. Hull is cored with Airex for additional strength per weight. The core is deleted and the hull reinforced with additional laminations in all high stress areas. Hull stringers cored with Airex are bonded to the hull and integrated with the mast step and engine mounts to form a single unit. Hull laminate is fabricated of unidirectional glass for a better strength per weight ratio. The deck is set in a 6" flange on the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted in place. Draft: Shoal draft keel has a centerboard that is fiberglass with a bronze leading edge and operated by pennant with a winch in cockpit. (Draft = 5' board up, and 9' 1" board down. Custom teak cockpit coamings and teak trim strips around sail tracks Varnished bright exterior teak trim
- Additional Equipment
- Custom teak seat at bow pulpit Teak and SS guard rail at sheer 5/8" X 50' docklines Fresh water deck wash Salt water deck wash HRH fender covers & fenders Custom teak instrument pod Custom glass, mug & binocular boxes (2) 12-volt oscillating fans Lee cloths HRH teak rigging rollers Ensign on teak staff Man overboard pole Liferings Man Overboard light 12V Guest spotlight in cockpit (3) Fire extinguishers, dry chemical Halon portable fire extinguisher Bell Flares Ground Tackle Equipment: Simpson Lawrence windlass 45# CQR anchor inHRHbow roller 20# Danforth anchor in chocks 50’ chain + 5/8” nylon anchor rodes *Exclusions: Art, Clock, Barometer, and personal gear.
- Edson pedestal “destroyer type” wheel steering Cockpit Dodger (2011) Cockpit Cushions Fold-down teak Cockpit Table Helmsman's Step - fold-down The Hinckley SW-42 has a large "T" shaped cockpit which comfortably accommodates a large crew, but is also well laid out for short handed sailing. Barient #32 ST genoa winches are within easy reach of the helmsman so the boat can be tacked single-handed if necessary. The cockpit dodger offers excellent protection, and visibility is unobscured from the helm. Sailing instruments are in a varnished teak box above the companionway. The sail locker, lazarette and cockpit locker have shelves built in to offer far more storage area than normally found on much larger boats. A helmsman fold-down step is located aft of the pedestal for additional visibility during docking.
- ELECTRONICS and NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Autohelm 6000 Autopilot Raytheon 114 differentialGPS(2000) GarminGPSat helm Raytheon 630 Raychart chartplotter (2000) at nav & Raychart 530 (2000) in cockpit Raytheon 210 VHF (2000) interfaced withGPS Raytheon R-20 Radar Raytheon SY-60 Instruments (2000): Wind, Speed, Depth Multi at Nav & Wind and Tri-data - at cockpit
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- SOPHIA sleeps up to seven in two staterooms, plus main salon berths. The Interior is crafted of cherry wood, finished with rubbed effect varnish, with a high gloss accent on all solid wood utilization surfaces; nav. and dining table, hand holds, bunk fronts, etc. Her teak and holly cabin sole is finished bright. Upholstery is Navy UltraSuede with a striking print accent material for curtains, throw pillows and shams. Custom Ralph Lauren sheets Interior is heated with an Espar D4L heater Forward Cabin: Starting forward, the Owner's Stateroom has "V" berths with adapter to form a double berth and seat between. Storage is provided in a cedar-lined hanging locker, bureaus, shelf lockers, additional drawer storage. An opening overhead hatch with screen to the foredeck provides extra natural light and ventilation. Head: The Head is next aft to port, with private access to the owner's cabin. There is a stainless steel sink set in a White Formica countertop with hot and cold pressure water as well as a shower with curtain and a marine head to y-valve and holding tank. Storage lockers include a linen locker. The head has an opening port with screen for extra ventilation. There is a second, cedar-lined hanging locker across from the head. Main Salon: The Salon has a U-shaped dinette to port which converts to a double berth, with cabinet and alcove shelf storage outboard. Starboard is a second, settee berth, with entertainment center outboard for TV,VCR, and complete stereo with cassette and CD player. Navigation Station : Aft of the settee, the Nav Station faces aft, with a full-size, opening nav table and complete instrumentation. Raytheon PC based nav system with helm mounted screen Aft Cabin: Aft of the Nav Station and starboard of the companionway is the Aft Cabin with cherry entry door, double berth, hanging locker and ample storage in cabinets, drawers and shelves. Galley : The U-shaped galley is aft to port with a White Formica countertop. There are many custom features such as a thru-counter knife rack for gourmet culinary equipment, mug and glass racks, fitted cutting board, etc. Dickinson 3-burner propane stove Double deep stainless steel sinks with hot & cold pressure water Grunert deep-bin AR-50 refrigeration accessed through hatches in the countertop Storage lockers outboard, countertop bin storage, and shelf storage and custom utensil storage drawers.
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Sloop rig, withHRHfabricated spar and boom Awlgripped white Navtec rod rigging and tensioners Harken II headstay system for jib furling Navtec hydraulic backstay tensioner Hall "Quickvang" boomvang Shorthand set-up: Spinnaker halyard and winch and the primary winches, Barient #32ST, are located aft in the cockpit, convenient to the helm for short handing. Winches: (All Barient) #32ST, Primaries #28ST, Secondaries #24ST, Main sheet & main halyard #17ST, Mainsail reefing winch Sails: (All North): Main - Norlam (2001) Main - Full batten Genoa - Norlam (2001) 150% Genoa- Norlam w/foam luff for furling; 105% Genoa- Dacron w/foam luff Sail cover (Navy, 2010)
- Separate 12-volt systems for starting and accessories, each with 12-volt Prevailer Gelcell batteries and separate alternators. Engine: 105 amp hour batteries with 53 amp alternator and emergency override switch for starting from accessory batteries. Accessories: 450 amp hour batteries with 105 amp hour alternator. Shore charging 110-Volt system - is via a Heart Interface system with Heart 1200 watt inverter capability. There is a separate 110 volt panel.
- 1989 Westerbeke 46-HP,FWC diesel engine: Hurth 2:1 reduction gear Aquamet 22 SS shaft and 3-blade feathering Maxi prop with spurs Racor fuel filter Remote 12-volt oil transfer pump, for easy oil changes Espar D4L Heat (New 2009) Automatic bilge pump 6-gallon compliant holding tank and y-valve
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Bob Jarrett (CPYB) - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: email@example.com ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org