- 51 (ft.) 2 (in.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- W-70 FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
CATHERINE is a stoway cutter sloop with keel/centerboard. She has two staterooms, generator, air conditioning, water maker, new sails and more. A great sailing vessel and a home-away-from-home.
*Priced to sell now! Call for more information.
- CATHERINE is a stoway rig sloop with keel-centerboard underbody. She sleeps 7 in a white Herreshoff-style interior with bright varnished mahogany trim with an accommodation plan that includes two Staterooms, two Heads, Main Salon, Nav station, and Galley. Some special features include: Reverse-cycle air conditioning and fans. Sea Recovery (Model SCR 600AM) Watermaker. New Westerbeke engine in 1999. Blue Ultrasuede interior cushions. Entertainment systems include: Pioneer A9800 Stereo Mitsubishi TV Panasonic Hi-Tech 4 VCR
- HULL AND DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides White house and deck with tan molded in nonskid Gold leaf cove stripe Double white boottop Green bottom Exterior varnished teak trim Construction: Hand laid fiberglass hull and deck of cored construction for additional strength per weight. Hull is cored with Airex, deck cored with Klegecell. Deck is set into a 6” flange molded into the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. Hull stringers and longitudinal stiffeners are bonded to the hull and integrated with the mast step and engine mounts. External lead ballast with fiberglass centerboard. Stainless steel guard rail below coaming. (2) Two opening portlights. Deck Features: Stainless steel bow roller chock. Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits. Stainless steel stanchions and double lifelines with port and starboard gates. Varnished teak toe rails, eyebrows, hand rails, hatch and dorade boxes. Forward hatches and aft lazarette have translucent white hatch covers. Stainless steel guards for forward dorade vents. Double dorade box has opening center for storage. Stainless steel genoa tracks.
- Cockpit dodger with windows and a grab rail with 2008 elkhide cover. Raised cockpit coaming is capped in varnished teak. There are molded-in winch pockets. Watertight opening seats provide storage and have molded in nonskid provide storage. Varnished teak box mounted over the companionway holds instrument gauges that are easily viewed. The Cockpit features Edson pedestal wheel steering: Stainless steel destroyer-type wheel with 2008 elkhide rim cover. Binnacle mounted compass Stainless steel binnacle guard Engine and throttle control. Varnished teak fold-down cockpit table. Watertight 12-volt outlet. Cockpit table and cockpit wheel cover.
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- VESSEL LAYOUT includes: Entry is down the aft cockpit companionway steps into the Main Cabin area: AFT STATEROOM and AFT HEAD - Aft starboard. NAVIGATION STATION – Aft port. GALLEY – to port. MAIN SALON – Full-width, next forward. FORWARD HEAD FORWARD STATEROOM INTERIOR WALKTHROUGH: The Interior is finished in white Herreshoff-style with bright varnished mahogany trim, white overhead and a bright varnished solid teak and holly sole. There are curtains (new 2008) throughout. FORWARD CABIN: V-berths have an adapter to form a double berth. There is a cushioned seat between the berths and access to storage areas under the berths. Over outboard port and starboard are varnished mahogany vented sliding door lockers. Aft is a bureau to port with a locker over outboard. Starboard is another bureau with a double door locker outboard. Opening hatch over the berth with screen. Two stereo speakers on the forward bulkhead. This cabin is separated from the rest of the accommodations by a solid varnished mahogany door. Forward is varnished mahogany double door access to the forepeak area. FORWARD HEAD: (Port) Next aft to port is the head. White formica countertop. Stainless steel sink. Faucet with hot and cold pressure water and a telephone-style shower. Mirror over sink Storage lockers Marine toilet (plumbed to Y-valve and Lectra San Treatment System). Teak sole grate Storage lockers Opposite the head to port is a hanging locker. The forward Head privacy door may be used to separate the forward cabin and head to form a Master Suite. MAIN CABIN: Opening hatch over with screen. Ports over outboard port and starboard - with curtains (new 2008). Varnished mahogany integral handrail port and starboard. MAIN SALON (Full-Width): To port: Large U-shaped dinette has Blue UltraSuede cushions has a varnished mahogany dining table on twin pedestals with drop-down leafs that convert from a dining table to a small coffee table. Dinette can also be converted into a large double berth. Over outboard are varnished mahogany door lockers and bookshelf storage, as well as shelf storage outboard the seating. Forward is a built-in varnished mahogany double door locker. (3) Three overhead lights. Frigast 12-volt light on aft bulkhead. To starboard: A Blue UltraSuede cushioned settee has rounded corners topped with varnished mahogany trim/corner shelves. Outboard is a pilot berth. On the forward bulkhead is a storage locker outboard. A Frigast lamp is on the forward and aft bulkhead and there are three overhead lights above the pilot berth. Two speakers are over outboard. Forward is a bureau with varnished door locker and drawer storage and a varnished mahogany shelf top. Above the shelf top in a built-in entertainment station is a Mitsuhishi TV, Panasonic VCR and a Pioneer stereo, and there is another small shelf above. Aft of the settee is a hanging locker with a varnished mahogany shelf top. GALLEY (J-shaped to port): The Galley is aft outboard and separated from the Main Salon by a bulkhead with varnished mahogany cap. Features include a White Formica countertop and white cabinetry with varnised teak trim There are windows over with curtains Forward-facing: Countertop includes an inboard-facing storage bar accessed from both sides. A double stainless steel sink has faucets with hot and cold fixtures, hand pump and sprayer. Dual 110-volt outlet. Under the sink storage. Outboard: Countertop trap storage bin next to the sink outboard. Amana microwave is built in over outboard the storage trap. Stainless steel gimballed 3-burner propane stove with oven has a hide-away stove cover that matches the countertop and allows extra work space. Grunert freezer/refrigerator is countertop accessed and located aft of the stove. Louvered sliding door storage is outboard the stove and refrigeration. AFT: 4-varnished mahogany faced storage drawers. NAVIGATION STATION (Aft to Port): Varnished mahogany opening nav desk faces aft next to the companionway. Desk has chart storage. Pull-out nav seat Built-in electronics on the aft bulkhead and custom mounting box above the desk. Chart light. Outboard is a double white-painted door to the electrical panel and systems switches and gauges. COMPANIONWAY to Cockpit: The aft companionway ladder is varnished teak and folds-up to allow entrance through a varnished mahogany door to the batteries. A varnished mahogany shelf is above with an access door to a storage locker. AFT HEAD (Starboard): Aft of the starboard settee is the aft Head that is accessible from Main Cabin and the aft Guest Cabin. Stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water and telephone-style shower. Mirror over sink. Marine head. Teak sole grate. Locker storage outboard sink. Solid mahogany privacy door. Separate access from the aft Guest Cabin. AFT GUEST CABIN (Aft Starboard): Double berth Hanging locker Bureau Private access to head. Solid mahogany door separates this cabin from the rest of the accommodations Electronic Navigational Equipment: Robertson Norway AP 200-DL Autopilot Raystar 390 GPS Raytheon 1200 Radar Icom M127 VHF SSB - with AT&T direct link. Weatherfax III B&G Hydra 2000 System with 5 multi-purpose displays – New 2007. AT&T long-range phone. Cell phone
- Heavy-duty 12-Volt System: Starting battery with 53-amp alternator for charging – New 2007 House battery 450-amp/hr. capacity with 105-amp alternator for charging Master switches for both circuits. 110-Volt System: Shore power hook-ups for 50-amp cord. Battery charger. Trace inverter for stereo, TV, and VCR. 110-volt panel with selector switches and breakers. Westerbeke 8-Kw generator (5462 hrs 3/2008).
- Engine is soft-mounted with Scatra drive soft coupling for very quiet operation. 1999 Westerbeke 70 FWC diesel engine with Hurth 2:1 reduction gear, Aquamet 22 stainless steel prop shaft and two-blade fixed propeller. Racor filters and remote oil filter. Electric oil transfer pump is plumbed into the engine crankcase and generator to facilitate oil changes. Main engine: 1434 hours (Approx) Generator: 5462 hours (3/2008) Bilge alarm Electric bilge pump. Cruisair marine air conditioning Sea Recovery Fresh Watermaker
- SAILS & RIGGING
- HRH custom fabricated Stoway mast with double spreaders. Hood Seafurl. Stainless steel standing rigging (New 2002) Barient headsail reach within easy reach of the helm. Backstay insulated for use as an antenna. Cabintop traveler. Winches: (2) #35-STC - Primary winches #32 STC Secondaries #27 STC #27 STC Mainsheet #27 STC Main halyard #27C Jib halyard #24 Barient Spinnaker halyard #24C Forestaysail halyard Sails: Mainsail – Stoway, Doyle Hydranet (2008) 100% Jib 115% Genoa - with foam luff – Doyle Hydranet (2008). Gennaker - with snuffer. Forestaysail Second Mainsail – Stoway, good condition. Second Jib – good condition
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle: Nielssen V-3000C windlass 60# CQR anchor 40# Luke anchor 250’ 5/16 grade 80 chain (2) Two anchor rodes.- (1) 3/8” chain and (1) 200’ x ¾” nylon rode. Equipment: White horseshoe life rings Flashlight holder Bell Life jackets EPIRB 6-man Avon life raft (4) Fire extinguishers (4) Fenders Docking lines Saltwater deck wash Freshwater deck wash Stern folding boarding/swim ladder Telephone shore cord Cable TV outlet Curtains Screens Lee cloths Stern ensign pole and ensign.
- CATHERINE is a stoway sloop with keel/centerboard. A great sailing vessel and a home-away-from-home. She has two staterooms, generator, air conditioning, water maker, new sails and more.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com • Bob Jarrett - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: email@example.com