- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4-cylinder FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
CHARISMA is a classic sloop-rigged Mark III Hinckley B-40 in magnificent condition, with many upgrades in equipment, amenities, and personal enhancements. This vessel should be considered in sterling condition throughout. It has been meticulously maintained and has been an eye-stopper in every boat basin and yacht club.
- CHARISMA is in near show room condition, always Hinckley maintained and has never been in the water for more than three months of each year. She has spent every winter indoors and has never been south of the Chesapeake. In 1988, she went to the Hinckley yard for a refit and in 1996 was in storage for some restoration work. She is a beauty.
- HULL and DECK
- White Awlgrip Topsides (2010) White deck and house with light blue nonskid molded in Navy Blue double boottop Gold Leaf cove stripe Red bottom Exterior woodwork is varnished teak Construction: Solid fiberglass hull is reinforced with additional laminations in all stress areas. Balsa-cored deck is set in a 6” flange which is molded into the hull, fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. Lead Keel - External lead keel is fastened with stainless steel bolts Bronze Centerboard - A worm gear operates the centerboard and has an override in case of grounding. Stern post hung fiberglass rudder Deck Features: Varnished teak and toe rails and trim Varnished teak rubrail with half-round stainless steel at shear Stainless steel bow and stern pulpit Stainless steel stanchions and new 2006 lifelines Varnished shroud covers Double cowl dorade teak box ventilation (2) Two translucent hatches with screens and canvas covers Stainless steel stemhead with anchor roller Electric Maxwell Windlass VWC 800 Polished chrome capstan and chain gypsy with custom varnished teak bed and single dorade Second polished chrome chain gypsy with custom varnished teak bed Freshwater deck wash, bow and stern, both port side Stainless steel boarding ladder - stbd side Harken main sheet traveler system 2009 Life raft with stainless steel cradle – house-top mounted Varnished teak-covered aft deck propane and storage lazarette lockers
- Edson wheel pedestal steering Ritchie compass - binnacle-mounted, with cover guard The spacious cockpit has stainless steel-capped, inboard teak-covered cockpit coamings that include winch pockets. Winch pockets lined with rubber grates Engine instrument panel recessed into the forward end of well Forward bulkhead mounted electronics Opening sail lockers with watertight hatches with gutters and seat locks Additional Cockpit Features: Dodger (new) Full Awning Half Awning Cockpit cushions (2010) Cockpit table - Folding, varnished Hinckley cockpit table with side leafs Varnished drink holder Bronze chrome-plated ships bell Six custom-fitted flotation cushions (2010) Varnished staff with ensign Shore power AC outlet Teak platform for improved viewing Forward, the varnished teak-trimmed Companionway hatch leads to the interior accommodations below: The Companionway hatch screens allow increased ventilation and store in the forward cabin.
- ELECTRONICS/Navigation Equipment
- Garmin 2006 C GPS in navigation station Garmin 2006 C GPS in cockpit Autohelm Combi5000 Autopilot Icom VHF ICM 56 Ritchie Compass Datamarine Corinthian series displays in cockpit: Windspeed, Speed, Depth Autohelm RDF Dedicated celestial computer Yamaya NC77 Handheld Ritchie direction finder Handheld LOKATA 5B Stereo: AM/FM Alpine CDA 9805
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- CHARISMA has a Dinette interior with full galley aft that is custom finished in varnished mahogany throughout. This interior can comfortably sleep up 6. Teak and holly soles White painted overhead Hatch and cowl openings custom-trimmed with varnished mahogany Cushion upholstery in light blue Dome lights, clear and red in galley and nav station High brass finished “Cabin” lights throughout mounted on custom varnished mahogany disks Curtains and curtains rods throughout Dining table Interior Walkthrough: Down the companionway steps is the surround GALLEY area that incorporates a starboard galley Nav Station. White Formica countertops Shipmate 3-burner gimbaled stainless steel propane stove and oven with remote electric Marinetics solenoid fuel shut-off valve Stove cover provides extra counter space Stainless steel support bar in front of stovetop Pantry storage outboard of stove and counter Aft – Double stainless steel sinks with pressure hot and cold water Separate pull-out sprayer Varnished cup rack Hella fan Engine access through door under sink area Pantry storage aft of counter Dust pan with teak grate built into galley sole Foul weather gear hanging area Emergency storage compartment (flares, signaling devices, etc) AC electrical outlet To Starboard – includes Nav area Refrigerator with 3 zones Refrigerator with countertop access, serves as chart table Built-in storage locker for cutlery and dishes Navigation station incorporated Drop-down chart locker above counter AC electrical outlet DC electrical outlet DC control panel AC control panel Windlass control panel SALON: Full-width and custom finished throughout in Chinese Mahogany gloss finish Portside Dinette: Unusual custom U-shaped dining area (seats 6 comfortably) Starboard: Pilot berth outboard of the pullout transom berth/settee Removable fiddles (2) Teak dining table with gloss finish – one folding extension - can drop down to form a double berth. Access to centerboard worm-gear through table Storage area under cushions Pull-out storage drawers under both starboard berths (3 under each) Bookshelf port and outboard Weems and Plath oil lamps Seth Thomas clock and barometer "Cabin" halogen lighting mounted on mahogany disks AC electrical outlet Translucent hatch overhead, center of salon - hatch opening is framed in gloss mahogany Built-in stereo speakers Safe with lock HEAD: Forward to port Varnished Chinese Mahogany satin finish with gloss trim Marble counter top (Burgundy hue) - trimmed with gloss fiddle Storage and linen lockers outboard Stainless steel sink with new fixtures, hot & cold pressure water Telephone-style shower with separate shower fixture Wilcox-Crittenden Skipper head with y-valve ElectraSan waste treatment system Medicine cabinet with mirror Two mounted light fixtures either side of cabinet Opening port Electric fan Hamper Storage under sink Cowl-opening, trimmed in mahogany, gloss finish Towel hooks AC electrical outlet FORWARD CABIN : V-Berth configuration with cushions in light blue Storage draws and bins under each berth Shelves mounted above berths, port & starboard Cushioned V-berth seat Hanging locker starboard 4-drawer bureau, port Full-length mirror mounted on back of door “Cabin” halogen lighting mounted on mahogany disks (4) Hella fan Access to forepeak & chain locker through varnished double doors. Shore telephone outlet Opening translucent hatch Hatch screen holder above berth AC electrical outlet
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Sloop Rig – Spars aluminum Stainless steel standing rigging Hood roller furling Harken main sheet traveler 2009 Boom vang Ash shroud covers (6) Snatch blocks Halyard bail, mast mounted Boom Crutch – Canvas 2010 Flag halyards Winches: Barient #28 ST primary (2) cockpit Lewmar #43 ST secondary (2) cockpit Lewmar #30 ST primary mainsheet (1) cockpit Barient #19 ST Main Halyard (1) (mast mounted) Barient #26 Jib Halyard (1) (mast mounted) Barient #26 Spinnaker Halyard (1) (mast mounted) Barient #10ST reefing winch (1) boom mounted) Winch handles Sails: Main – Doyle 150% Genoa - Hood 110% Genoa - Hood Gennaker White mainsail cover – Doyle 2010
- 12-Volt DC System: Separate 12-volt systems for starting and accessories 2 Alternators, 53-amps, 105-amps Heavy-duty marine starting battery 225-amp/hrs Royce house batteries Parallel switch 12 volt breaker panel with DC volt and DC amp gauges Main battery disconnect switch House service disconnect switch 110-volt AC shore power system 110-volt breaker panel, 5 switch led polarity light 110-volt connection to Allcraft water heater 50-ft shore power cord and adapter 25-ft shore power cord and adapter Cockpit 110-volt outlet More: Maxwell electric winch breaker switch Marinetics electric propane shut-off
- 1978 Westerbeke 40-hp, 4-cylinder diesel engine Engine room partially lined with sound dampening lead Engine gauges and alarms Racor fuel filter with vacuum gauge Stainless steel prop shaft 1” dia. 3-blade 16” D x 11” P propeller Muffler and wet exhaust Morse cable controls Pedestal and wheel steering with 5/16 7×9 cables Rule 3000 bilge pump Manual bilge pump – cockpit Shower sump with pump Allcraft 110-volt water heater with engine circulation heating Bronze centerboard, manual operation with gauge Recent work includes: Winter 2010: New freshwater pump and new strainer 2011: New saltwater pump, oil cooler and newly painted engine room
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- 12-volt Maxwell windlass with “up” and “down” foot switches CQR 35# anchor + 170’ x 5/16” HT chain rode – mounts on custom stainless steel bow pulpit with locking pin 3’ x 3/8” highly polished stainless steel chain with two stainless steel swivels attached to 5/16” rode and anchor Danforth 35# anchor - mounts on cabin top in deck chocks Secondary 200’ of 3/8” chain and nylon rode Secondary 150’ x 5/16 chain and nylon rode 12’ foot spring line with stainless shackle Liferaft - 6-man offshore life raft, mounted in custom bracket to cabin top with custom cover EPIRB USCG Life-Sling in hard white box attached to stern stainless rail Man overboard strobe light (2) Horseshoe life rings with gold leaf lettering “Charisma” with drogues (6) Custom-covered life preservers (matching boat cushions) (12) Life jackets Throwable life ring (2) Horns, one electric the other manual Flair gun Ships bell 100,000cp Spotlight (5) Fire extinguishers (5) Cushions - waterproof boat cushions 2010 Five-step boarding ladder (4) Fenders with terry cloth covers marked “Charisma” Hinckley fenderboard, high-gloss with half-round stainless steel Red docklines 2009 (3) Boat hooks Magma SS grill mounted on stern rail Bosun chair White Sunbrella hatch covers, includes dorade box Main companionway screens (2) Propane tanks (10-lb certified tanks) System and engine spares Ground tackle spares
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ? Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD : Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378