- 51 (ft.) 3 (in.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- W65-A FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
LANCER has just had a huge refit. She is a beautiful customized Sou'wester 51 highlighted with teak and set up to provide hours of shorthanded or extended cruising comfort and enjoyment. This was our Hinckley "Cover Brochure" boat into the early 90's. Turn-key and priced to sell now.
- LANCER beautifully stands out in any harbor. She is custom "classic yacht" styled, engineered and equipped for comfortable shorthanded and extended cruising. Her custom highlights such as bright-varnished cabin sides and cockpit coamings, teak decks, butterfly skylight make her easy to spot and her American White Ash custom-finished interior sleeps 7. She is a beautiful boat.
- Recent Lancer Upgrades 2008-2011
- 2011 Improvements: New Westerbeke 65A engine and transmission 160-amp alternator for house and 50-amp alternator for start battery Reverso oil changer for generator and engine New stuffing box New engine wiring harness Clean and paint engine room, replace bulkheads New bilge hoses Soda blast bottom, epoxy seal and paint Replace stainless “cheeks” on top of centerboard New pennant on centerboard New lifelines Refurbish Corian in galley New galley faucet and water lines New water lines deck shower New microwave New house batteries (6) for 660-amps Overhaul Navtec hydraulic control New life raft cover New 135% Genoa 2010 Improvements: Removed topside varnish and applied 13 new coats Awlgripped hull Removed all deck hardware and winches and rechromed Port power winch, new transmission and motor New DVD/CD player and XM radio 2008-2009 Improvements: Electronics: New Garmin 4210 Chart Plotter @ helm – with g2 charts Caribbean & Bahamas Linked to Garmin 3210@ Nav Station and Garmin 3205 on deck New Garmin 18 HD radar - ties into 3 Garmin units - no separate display New ICOM 802 SSB New SECAS AIS New Irridium Com center fixed Satellite phone, with R232 data port, WXI-477 sat phone XM weather New TV and VCR New autopilot head and rudder sensor Sails and Rigging: Added third reef to main New line clutch for main and centerboard New dodger New Doyle “Stack-Pack” Navtec hydraulic vang and backstay rebuilt New preventer on boom New running backstays New main and genoa halyards New genoa sheets Interior: Bookshelves in main salon and aft cabin New compartments in nav station New freezer evaporator New lights forward stateroom, main salon, galley, aft stateroom New painting F.D. Brisco “Windy Day” New fire extinguishers (4) Other: New cockpit cushions New turnbuckle covers New lee cloths New custom sheets New dorades New MOM-8 Replaced forward head hoses-all Replaced all below water line hoses
- HULL AND DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides (New) Teak deck and cabin sides - 1/2" teak overlay on deck; custom varnished teak cabin-sides and cockpit coaming overlay (New varnish) Gold cove (New) Blue bottom paint (New) Construction: Hand-laid fiberglass hull and deck of cored construction for additional strength per weight. The hull has an Airex core and the deck is cored for additional stiffness. The deck is set into a 6" flange molded into the hull, fiberglassed, and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. Hull stringers and longitudinal stiffeners are bonded to the hull and integrated with the mast step and engine mounts. Two (2) custom hull portlights External lead ballast keel - with centerboard and slot closure device Stainless steel capped rub rail. More Deck Features: Varnished teak toe rails, cowl vent boxes, and cabintop handrails. Teak covered flush aft deck lazarette hatch. Butterfly-style traditional main cabin hatch Stainless steel bow pulpit, stern pulpit and side stanchions with double lifelines Stainless steel bow roller chock Stainless steel cowl vents with closures Teak covered primary and secondary winch deck box
- Teak covered cockpit coaming with built-in winch pockets. Water-sealed cockpit seats open for storage and have molded-in non-skid on top. Teak cockpit sole includes drainage scuppers Edson pedestal wheel steering: Binnacle mounted engine controls, binnacle compass, and stainless steel binnacle guard. Stainless steel destroyer type wheel whas an elkhide covered rim Forward, over the companionway and easily viewed by the helmsman is a built-in teak-faced instrument pod that includes engine gauges. Cockpit dodger and attaches to dodger coaming Cockpit awning Cockpit cushions Teak folding cockpit table
- ELECTRONICS/NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Navigation Electronics: Robertson Autopilot interfaced with Northstar DGPS Garmin 18 HD Radar - ties into 3 Garmin units Furuno 24-mile Radar Garmin 4210 Chart Plotter - at helm, (g2 charts Caribbean & Bahamas) - includes sonar radar and weather Garmin 3210 GPS - Nav station Garmin 3205 GPS - Cockpit Raytheon ST-60 Wind Angle - Cockpit Sailor RT-146 VHF Radio - hand-held ICOM 802 SSB SECAS AIS Irridium Com center fixed Satellite phone - with R232 data port, WXI-477 sat phone XM Weather Ockam instrumentation with displays: Six (6) in Cockpit Three (3) in Nav area One (1) in Forward Cabin One (1) in forward deck box Entertainment Electronics : LCD TV, DVD/CD player, XM radio, VCR
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- LANCER's beautiful custom White Ash interior and features provide a comfortable, bright and well ventilated living accommodation below. She sleeps up to seven (7) people, in three (3) cabins (including the Main Salon) and has two (2) heads. Indirect lighting and Frigast 12-volt bulkhead lights throughout Cruise Air reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning with ducts throughout Espar diesel heater with ducts throughout Butterfly hatch, cockpit hatch, forward hatch, ports and windows provide excellent light and natural ventilation. Extra hull portlights in main salon Entertainment system: LCD TV, DVD/CD player,VCR - custom wall mounted. Interior Layout: From the cockpit, entry to the interior is down the aft companionway steps into the Main Cabin: Immediately to Port - Private Master Aft Cabin with ensuite Master Head forward. Immediately Starboard - Nav Station with Galley next forward. Main Salon (Full-width)- Next forward Forward Head - to port Forward Cabin Behind the removable companionway steps is access to the engine area. Aft Master Cabin : Aft to port, this cabin has a private ensuite Head forward. Large double V-berth, with shelf stowage over outboard Bureau, double-door hanging locker Book shelves Ensuite Head : Formica countertop on vanity with sink, telephone-style shower and pressure water Vacu-flush marine head to holding tank Storage in locker areas and under vanity Teak grate sole Navigation Station: Aft to starboard is the aft-facing Nav Station with opening nav desk, cushioned seat, flush-mounted instrumentation, dome light and both 12-volt and 110-volt distribution panels. Galley: Forward of the Nav Station is the inboard/outboard Galley: Corian countertops - include custom stove and sink covers for additional work space. Frigoboat 12-volt refrigerator and freezer with digital monitors - Outboard Force 5 stove with oven and broiler - Outboard Microwave oven - flush mounted over the stove - Outboard Storage locker - Outboard Double stainless steel sinks - inboard Additional storage lockers - inboard Spice rack Custom fixtures Shelving and storage spaces for cookware Main Salon Full-width, the Main Salon sleeps 3 and includes: U-shaped Dinette is to port - Cushioned dinette settee can also be a berth. Two (2) built-in cushioned seats to starboard - Table with drawer and louvered door TV locker between. Pilot berths are port and starboard over outboard - each with a hull port for additional light. Dining table is a custom hi/lo teak and holly table with an additional leaf for increased dining area. More storage - includes book racks and liquor lockers Book shelves Indirect lighting throughout Custom classic "butterfly skylight" provides great light and extra ventilation. Forward Head : Next forward to port is a large Head with features that include: Separate stall shower with teak grate sole and a teak seat outboard Vanity mounted Corian countertop with molded sink Vacu-flush marine head to holding tank Custom fixtures Locker storage Forward Cabin: This large cabin has an entry-door aft of the Head and when closed it is possible to create a stateroom suite, including an ensuite head. Features include: V-berths with cushioned insert to form a Double berth Storage drawers and drop-fronts under the berths. Custom large louvered-door lockers above the V-berths. Bureau to port with locker outboard. Cushioned settee starboard with locker outboard. Large hanging locker to starboard. Forward access to forepeak stowage. Hella fan Opening hatch with screen over
- SAILS & RIGGING
- White painted aluminum "Tall rig" with tapered double spreaders. Removable inner forestay. Banmar electric headstay furler and lazy jacks on main. Harken roller bearing batt cars and track. Insulated Backstay - use as an antenna. Hydraulic backstay and vang controlled from cockpit panel. Harken cabintop traveler Full spinnaker equipment - pole mounted on mast, reaching strut, etc. Running rigging Sails: Doyle Stackpack Main (2008-09) Main sail - Full-battened NorDac - North 150% #1 Genoa 135% Genoa (2011) 135% Genoa Spinnaker - 3.4 oz (Hardly used) Gennaker sail - with snuffer Staysail Custom sail bags All Barient winches: #36 STC electric primary winches #32 STC secondary winches #27 STC jib halyard winch - Barient #27 Main sheet winch - Barient #24 C staysail halyard, winch #24 C spinnaker winch #22 STC reefing winch
- Separate heavy-duty 12-Volt systems: Starting 12-volt battery with 50-amp alternator (2011) for charging (6) House batteries (2011): 660-amp/hr capacity batteries and 160-amp alternator (2011) for charging Parallel switch for emergency start Link 2000 battery monitor (2005) 110-Volt system: Two (2) shore cords Sentry 60-amp Trace inverter/battery charger (2005) interface 110-volt outlets, battery charger, and air conditioner Custom indirect interior lighting Westerbeke 8-Kw Generator ((70 hrs - May 2011) in a soundproof box - provides power for house AC outlets and air conditioner.
- Soft-mounted 2011 Westerbeke 65-A FWC diesel engine and 2011 transmission: Aquamet 22 stainless-steel prop shaft 3-blade Max prop and a spare prop. Scatra drive for very quiet operation and rubber cutlass bearings. Racor fuel filters & remote oil filter. Reverso oil changer for engine and generator Bilge alarms Fresh water filters Espar heater and Cruise Air reverse-cycle air conditioning Excellent fresh air ventilation system. Air conditioning - Run from shore power or generator. Vacu-flush heads and holding tank system 12-gallon hot water heater
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle: Maxwell-Nielsson 3000V windlass 60# CQR anchor 35# Danforth HT anchor 250 ft x 5/16" HT galvanized chain rode 40 ft. chain x 300 ft. line anchor rode Equipment: Saltwater deck wash down system Fresh water shower - forward dorade box Horseshoe life ring Lensref radar reflector Life jacket Fire extinguishers MOM-8 man-overboard module (2011) Avon 6-person liferaft (Repacked 2005-06) - Deck mounted and new 2011 cover (4) Four snatch blocks Stainless boarding ladder with teak treads - mounts on genoa track Masthead navigation lights Bosun's chair Fenderboard (in bracket on cabin top) Dock lines and fenders Boat hook BBQ Full winter cover Fitted linens and comforters Lee cloths (2011) Custom sheets (2011)
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Bob Jarrett - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: email@example.com ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org