- 50 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- In-line 6-cylinder FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
VALOR underwent a major restoration in 2000/2001 with many updates in 2002/2003, is beautifully maintained and should be considered one of the best SW50's around.
She is a Stoway-rigged yawl with an interior finished in satin-varnished Ash and a varnished teak and holly sole. This vessel sleeps 6 owners and guests in three staterooms and includes two heads.
- HULL AND DECK
- Flag Green Awlgrip topsides. Oyster White deck and house - with painted 50/50 mix of Oyster White and Moondust non-skid. Oyster White single boot stripe Red bottom paint Varnished exterior teak Construction: Solid, hand-laid fiberglass hull and deck reinforced in all high stress areas with fiberglass stem and longitudinal stiffeners. The deck is set in a 6" flange and then fiberglassed and bolted to form a permanent hull deck joint. Keel: 10,500-lbs lead, fastened externally with stainless steel bolts. Centerboard: 500-lb. cast bronze foil-shaped, that stores in the keel and has an electric worm-gear lift centerboard control. Stainless steel capped rub rail. Deck Features: Stainless bow pulpit. Varnished teak toe rails. Varnished teak shroud rollers Varnished teak ensign staff Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines (new) and gates port and starboard Teak and stainless steel dorade vents and new cowls, with Toast Sunbrella covers Stainless steel handrails over dorade cowls Varnished handrails on cabin top port and starboard Two (2) deck top-opening hatches with varnished frames and translucent white plexiglass Deck prism forward (3) Two-way opening deck hatches Isolated LPG locker with Toast Sunbrella cover Teak hatch cover to insulated deck icebox with Toast Sunbrella cover Teak hatch cover to dual Steel #10 LP tanks with Toast Sunbrella covers.
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ideal electric windlass with chain and rope gypsy and on deck “up” foot switch. 60-lb CQR. (2) Danforth anchors. 250’ x 3/8” chain. Bow saltwater deck wash-down system. Insulated deck icebox. Emergency tiller. Boarding ladder. Recent white cockpit cushions. Horseshoe life rings and holders.
- AFT COCKPIT
- Toast Sunbrella companionway dodger - 3-bows + windows forward and sides - Aft handrail on dodger. Dodger extension in Toast Sunbrella for deliveries. Toast Sunbrella cockpit awning. Varnished cockpit coaming boards. Teak cockpit sole. (4) Winch handle pockets in coaming. Port and starboard seat lockers - with gasketed hatches and self-draining set scuppers. Locking seat lockers. Edson pedestal wheel-steering: Destroyer wheel covered in elkhide with brake. Ritchie compass with stainless cover. Clutch and throttle controls on binnacle. Varnished folding cockpit table. Electric main roller-furling controls in cockpit. Engine instrument panel. Lewmar #44 winches - port and starboard cabin top RL70C Radar/GPS repeater - at Helm – color w/high-speed bus. Cockpit Companionway-Pod Electronics (Flush-mounted above the companionway.): Raytheon ST6001+ Autopilot w/remote wired and stowed in starboard aft winch pocket. Raytheon ST60 Depth Raytheon ST60 Wind Raytheon ST60 Rudder Angle Raytheon ST60 Speed Raytheon ST60 Multi
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- This vessel has the Sou'wester 50 "B" accommodation plan and sleeps 6 owners and guests in three staterooms and includes two heads. MAIN CABIN: The Main Salon has an L-shaped settee finished in Empire Green UltraSuede w/Indigo trim to port, ash table and air-conditioning. The full Navigation station is located aft to port with a swivel desk chair upholstered in Indigo UltraSuede with Empire Green piping. The Galley is aft to starboard with double-stainless steel sink, a three-burner stainless steel LP stove/oven, a microwave oven and Grunert refrigeration. GUEST STATEROOM - Forward Sleeps 2 Forward V-berth arrangement - V-berth insert with matching fabric & trim makes a double berth. Upholstered in Pierre Frey “Cabourg” #2314 blue & white plaid fabric with blue trim & assorted throw pillows. Shares head with the Owner’s Stateroom. Port and starboard outboard shelf storage. Drawers under berths. Overhead hatch with screen + blackout-cover and Toast Sunbrella cover. Cushioned seat between berths. Access door to anchor locker. Hanging locker - aft to starboard. Reading lights on bulkhead. Air Conditioning controls. 110-volt outlet. Overhead dome lights. AC/heat outlet vent. HEAD - to Port (aft of V-berth) Shares with Guest staterooms and Master stateroom. New Vacuflush toilet with tank watch, plumbed to holding tank. Sink and vanity. Cabinet under sink. Hand-held shower. Teak floor grate. 12-volt lighting. 110-volt outlet Deck prism natural lighting. Counter-top storage. Shower sump pump. Medicine cabinet with Mirror MASTER STATEROOM -to port: Double berth Upholstered in Pierre Frey "Monaco" #2318 blue rib fabric with green piping & assorted throw pillows. Shares head with quest cabins. Hanging locker. Under-bunk drawers. Reading lights - bulkhead mounted. Shelf above and outboard berth. AC/heat outlet vent. 110-volt outlet. Fixed window port. Overhead dome light. Overhead hatch with screen + blackout covers and Toast Sunbrella cover. Weems & Plath clock. GUEST CABIN #2 - Opposite Master to starboard Twin berths - upper and lower. Upholstered in Pierre Frey "Monaco" #2318 green rib fabric with blue piping & assorted throw pillows. Sliding door storage lockers outboard. Hanging locker forward. Reading lights bulkhead mounted. Separate door entry to Head. AC/heat outlet vent. Overhead dome light. Overhead hatch with screen + blackout covers and Toast Sunbrella cover. GUEST HEAD – Aft of Guest Cabin, to starboard Manual Wilcox & Crittenden skipper toilet. Hand-held shower. Stainless steel sink. Storage locker under sink. Sliding door storage lockers outboard and above marine Head. Lower cabinet storage outboard. Countertop storage compartment. Towel holder Medicine cabinet w/mirror. Opening window port. Offshore head plumed overboard. 12-volt lighting. 110-volt outlet MAIN CABIN: MAIN SALON is to port. Large L-shaped settee and dining table. Upholstered in a Navy Ultrasuede w/green piping & assorted throw pillows. Fixed window ports - (3) port and (2) starboard. Air-conditioning controls. 110-volt outlets. Clock, and Barometer - mounted on forward bulkhead. Reading lamps forward. Outboard sliding door lockers. Dry storage under and behind settee. Access to manual worm gear centerboard lift. Air-conditioning units - 12,000 btu and 5,000 btu - under settee seat (Heat & AC). NAVIGATION STATION (Aft of Main Salon): L-shaped varnished ash navigation desk. Flush-mounted electronics (see below). DC electrical breaker panel - located in aft bulkhead. AC electrical breaker panel - located on companionway bulkhead. Swivel chair. Opening desktop for chart storage. Overhead glass rack on aft bulkhead. 12-volt dome lights. Sliding door-faced locker aft and below desktop. GALLEY: Starboard side aft in the Main Salon. White Formica counter tops. Double stainless steel sink. 3-burner stainless steel Shipmate propane stove - gimballed with oven and stove countertop cover. Stainless steel sea rail at stove. Grunert 12-volt refrigerator and freezer top-loading. Built-in GE microwave oven. Dish, cup and glass racks. 110-volt outlet. Sliding door-faced lockers outboard and above countertop. Storage locker - under sink. Pan storage - under oven. Dome lights - over refrigeration, sink and stove. Large shelved pantry locker - forward of the stove. AFT COMPANIONWAY - to cockpit Stairs are hinged and open to access generator. Translucent sliding hatch. Hand-holds in stair sides. Varnished drop-in hatch boards. Set of varnished drop-in hatch screens. Custom wooden binocular holder (interior of companionway to starboard). Electronics and Navigational Equipment: AIWA CD/Stereo Receiver XM Radio Standard Horizon VHF SEA 222 single-sideband Radiotelephone. ST60 Multi RL70 Radar/GPS Master – black and white with high speed bus. Northstar 800 Loran Furuno Navtex (NX-300) WX Worx XM Live-feed Processor. Weather Clock
- SAILS & RIGGING
- Main mast - Hood Stoway aluminum extrusion with electric drive (painted White) with manual override in emergency. Masthead rig, single spreader design. Boom is aluminum extrusion designed for use with the Stoway system (painted white). New Mizzen mast - is a manually operated Hood Stoway extrusion with white paint finish. Mizzen boom - is painted aluminum extrusion for use with Stoway system. Standing rigging is 1 x 19 s/s wire with swaged terminals (new). Harken furling system on jib. Harken track and car mainsheet traveler. WINCHES: #35 Barient 2-speed self-tailing primaries. #28 Barient 2-speed self-tailing electric secondaries. #44 Lewmar self-tailing main sheet - cabin top. #22 Barient 2-speed port mast lower. #22 Barient 2-speed starboard mast. SAILS: Main sail – Hood (2003) Mizzen main sail Hood (2003) 130% Genoa Hood (2003) Spare Hood Main + Genoa Spare mizzen Quantum (2003) New Mizzen staysail (blue and white) Asymmetrical Spinnaker with sock (blue and white)
- 12-Volt DC electrical system / 120-Volt AC electrical system - each with separate breaker panel. 12-VOLT DC System: 12-Volt dedicated starting batteries for both engine and ONAN diesel generator. 2 x 8D 550-amp gel-cell house batteries 2 x 105-amp alternator on the Ford Lehman engine for house and engine batteries. Battery bank Battery charger Battery parallel switch Battery condition gauge 120-VOLT AC System: Shorepower inlets for both 35-amp and 50-amp service.
- 1988 Ford Lehman 135-hp in-line 6-cylinder FWC diesel engine with 2136 hrs. (9/22/08). Racor fuel filter. 8-kw Onan Diesel Generator - with dedicated Racor fuel filter.
- MAJOR RESTORATION
- Major Restoration in 2001 (winter) with upgrades in 2002/2003 Includes: New Nav lights (2001) New Harken stanchion blocks (2001) New Toast Sunbrella Dodger with Toast Sunbrella Awning (2001) New Cockpit cushions – white vinyl (2001) New Ash dinette table (2001) Electric Furl for Mast (2001) New Engine Wiring (2001) New Harken mainsheet track (2001) Rebed all portlight frames (2001) New Insulation in Generator compartment (2001) New Generator exhaust hoses (2001) New Insulation in Engine compartment (2001) New belts, brackets, raw water pump, oil coolers and fuel lines for main engine (2001) New cutlass bearing and prop shaft (2001) New cockpit speakers (2001) New Head floors (2001) New Galley Formica (2001) Flush and polish fuel tanks (2001) Rebuild Windlass (2001) Replace all deck and cockpit drains (2001) Clean and flush water tanks (2001) Replace steering cables (2001) New GE Microwave (2001) New Deck Prsim for forward port head (2001) Complete restoration of deck (removal of all deck hardware, sand & repaint) (2001) New toe rails (2001) New upholstery and mattresses in V-berth, master, guest and salon (2001) Relocation of House Batteries aft (2001) New hot water tank (2001) New Glass for all hatches (2001) All Exterior hardware re-chromed and stainless buffed and polished (2001) New Life Lines (2001) New Fuel Fill hoses (2001) New Stainless on rub rails (2001) New Holding tank plumbing (2001) New manual bilge pump (2001) New Fresh water pump and sump pump (2001) New exterior varnish (2001) New paint on interior overheads (2001) New Anchor rode (2001) New Flag Green Awlgrip topsides, White Bootstripe and Red Bottom (2001) Nav Station redesigned with new flush mounted electronics (listed above) (2001) All interior wood restored to original spec and luster (2001) Cabin sole removed and refinished (2001) Winches serviced (2001) Re-work AC Duct work and Air Handlers (2001) New Batteries (2002) New Heat Exchanger on Ford Lehman (2002) Remove and fair rudder (2002) New Maxi Prop (2002) New Toast Sunbrella covers for all Dorades and Hatches (2002) New Shore Power switches and wiring (2002) New AutoPilot (2002) New Mizzen Mast with stowaway from Sparcraft (2002) Varnished Shroud Rollers (2002) New Secondary manual bilge pump (2002) All new Hood Sails (2003) New Vacuflush head in forward port head and holding tank (2003) Toast Sunbrella Dodger Extension (2003) Custom Bookshelf under nav station (2003) Spars Awlgripped white and serviced (2003) 2 New #10 Steel LP tanks (2003)
- VALOR is a beautifully maintained yacht. Her restoration took place in 2000/2001 and 2002/2003 at the Hinckley Yard in Southwest Harbor, ME where she was originally built - No expense was spared. Her list of improvements and pristine condition defines VALOR as one of the best SW-50 Yawls around – Hands-down. VALOR will be stored at Hinckley Yacht Services in Portsmouth, RI and can be shown anytime.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Bob Pooler Broker: Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Broker Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ♦ Broker: Dana Davidson Cell: 401-965-1684 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Eric Champlin Office: 772-403-5387 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Cell: 561-307-3394 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378