- 64 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- M92B 4.4 liter Diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
ELYSIAN has combined comfort and splendor that make this magnificent motor sailor perfect for the discriminating yachtsman. Mast height is 64 feet. This is the last 64’ Hinckley built, and offers a hard-top with full enclosure. The recent refit and upgrade make this vessel a truly dependable and capable blue water cruiser.
ELYSIAN would make an ideal crewed charter yacht for the Caribbean accommodating 6 guests; the Seller will also consider a smaller Hinckley sailboat or a quality Down East motor boat in trade.
- Through 2009 ELYSIAN had a $250,000 total refit; the refit comprised of the following: The old Perkins 4236 engines have been replaced by 2 new Perkins M92B 85-hp engines with Borg Warner 72C hydraulic gearboxes. The old engine beds were totally removed and replaced with new 3 x 12 x 60 inch hardwood engine beds glassed and molded to the hull and topped off with new engine mountings. Engine room has been totally rewired with new instruments for each engine The old Westerbeke generator has been replaced with a new 12KW Northern Lights generator along with a total system rewire including an upgraded generator panel. The new generator is enclosed in a new sound box with the entire unit mounted on new engine beds molded and glassed to the hull. All bilge pumps, water pumps and AC water pumps have been replaced along with all new plumbing hoses throughout the boat inclusive of engines and generator. The vessels entire AC 110-volt and 12-volt wiring has been stripped out and replaced along with new fuse panels. The vessels mattresses have been recovered with interior Sunbrella material and all cockpit seats and cushions following suite with exterior Sunbrella material. The masts have been totally rewired and new strobes and mast lights fitted. New seals have been fitted to all port lights All teak bright work throughout the vessel has been taken back to raw wood and re-varnished with 8 coats of marine varnish. The hull has been Alwgripped in Flag Blue The vessels entire battery banks have been replaced, new sealed engine and generator batteries and (2) 6D gel house batteries fitted with all new cables and shunts New industrial 180amp Balmar alternator fitted to starboard engine The anchor winch has been totally rewired. New twin Racor fuel filters have been fitted to both propulsion engines and the vessel’s entire fuel hose system has been replaced. The large twin Racor fuel filter that transfers fuel between tanks has been rebuilt with all new fuel hoses and new fuel transfer pump. All raw water bronze filter systems have been rebuilt and replaced with new hoses throughout the vessel. The 6-foot centerboard system has been stripped and all bronze and nylon bushings replaced, new keel lift motor and solenoids fitted and limit switches replaced. New engine room lights have been fitted throughout the engine room. The engine room has been totally repainted. All cabin sole boards throughout the vessel have been re-varnished. All original sheet blocks have been retained and overhauled with new bearing sheeves at a cost in excess of fitting new blocks. The vessel has been fitted with a new wind generator. 2007 12-foot Caribe Dinghy and 2006 30-HP Yamaha engine purchased. The heads are all electric flushing. Large Stainless Simpson Lawrence Dinghy davits. ELSYIAN is a Hinckley 64 center cockpit Ketch with a teak decks plus an aft Owner’s cockpit (New teak aft cockpit deck - 2012). Last of the Hinckley 64’s built and offers a hard-top with full enclosure – assures comfort in all conditions. She has a tri-cabin + crew qrtrs varnished mahogany layout plan - Sleeps eight owners and guests in 3-staterooms, crew accommodations include 2-berths. The interior is finished in varnished teak wood, there are opening ports in the cabin for extra light and ventilation, fully air conditioned through-out, with a Bose sound system. Walkthrough: Crew quarters with full head facility is forward followed by two separate heads with common shower for the port & starboard Guest Staterooms. The Main Salon has an L-Shaped Dinette to port and to starboard is a settee/berth & entertainment center, just aft to starboard is a Navigation Station and aft of the Navigation Station is an enclosed Utility Room. Aft of the Main Salon to port is the Galley and walk-thru to the Master Stateroom. There is a full width Master Suite with a double Berth and Ensuite head with enclosed shower.
- HULL AND DECK
- Construction: Hand laid fiberglass matt and woven in alternate layers, with two layers approximately 1.5” thick of 3/8” Airex Foam. A 6” flange is molded integrally with the hull to form the hull to deck joint. All areas such as chain plates, keel bolts, and stem are laminated of solid glass of extra thickness for strength. All high stress areas are reinforced with solid glass Teak rub rail - with stainless steel cap One piece deck, deckhouse and cockpits are hand laid fiberglass: Deck scuppers are recessed Bronze seacock thru-hull fittings with Monel fasteners Keel: 9,800 lbs type-316 of hardened lead with stainless steel exterior bolts - Allows easy repair and grounding hull protection. Centerboard: 1000 lbs. cast bronze foil-shaped centerboard - - Hinckley worm gear with manual back-up + override. - Override device can lift board in case of grounding. Stainless steel 2.5” rudder post Fitted for emergency steering manual tiller. Hull Description: New Flag Blue Topsides White Awlgrip decks with teak planking White deck house with molded in nonskid White boot stripe. Red Bottom Varnished teak exterior trim Varnished mahogany interior Deck fittings also include: Polished stainless steel stem head, bow and stern pulpits. Polished stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and gates. (2) Chromed brass dorade vents, with stainless steel dorade guards. Polished stainless steel hand rails. (5) Opening (2-way) deck hatches with white translucent covers . (1) Forward deck hatch with white fiberglass cover. Varnished teak trim - includes toe rails, eyebrows, both cockpit coaming caps, hatch boxes, double dorade box with white fiberglass top, and aft lazzarette cover
- CENTER COCKPIT
- There is a custom hard-top enclosure for the Center Cockpit helm. High coamings and large seats in the spacious center cockpit provide a secure combined working/entertainment area for the helmsman and passengers. Over the forward teak-trimmed companionway is a varnished teak navigational instrument pod that can be easily seen by the helmsman. Helm Station - features a custom pedestal helm that has: Edson custom laminated ships wheel Binnacle compass with cover and stainless steel binnacle guard Cockpit cushions Engine controls Helmsman can easily access the electric centerboard control switch and board position indicator that are located in the main cockpit. COMPANIONWAY: Forward in the cockpit, the teak trimmed companionway has steps that lead to the Main Salon and interior accommodations below.
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- AFT OWNER’S STATEROOM: This full-width cabin includes an aft companionway through teak doors with a hatch to the private Owner’s Cockpit. There are locker doors in the cockpit sides allowing access to under deck storage. The Owner’s cabin has excellent ventilation provided by: (2) Opening cabin top hatches – including aft cockpit (5) Opening ports Fans Accommodations: Double-Berth to starboard with drawers beneath Storage lockers outboard of the berths Port settee Double hanging locker (4) Dresser drawers Outboard storage lockers Private Owner’s Head: This large Head is located forward starboard in the owners cabin and includes: Custom Corian Settee in shower stall Vanity with sink and hot and cold pressure water Stall shower Vacu-flush electric head. Drawer and locker storage. Medicine cabinet with mirror. Exhaust fan GALLEY: The Galley is port, forward of aft cabin and is easily accessed by the aft cabin walk-thru or directly by the main salon. This full galley features large Corian countertop and storage areas, double stainless-steel sinks, and hot/cold pressure water, refrigerator/freezer, microwave convection oven and exhaust fan, stainless-steel 3-burner with oven/stove. Ventilation is supplied to the galley by a fan and two opening ports. There is an overhead light over the sink. MAIN SALON: Forward of the galley is the full-width Main Salon separated by a partial bulkhead and main companionway up to the center cockpit aft. L-Shaped Dinette to port: L-shaped Dining area - seats up to seven Table - Twin pedestal custom varnished mahogany dining table has inboard and outboard fold-down leafs. Large storage area behind port Settee Beneath port salon cushions is an additional refrigerator. Settee Berth to starboard. To starboard there is an outboard is an entertainment center Features: Air conditioning/Reverse-cycle - Three (3) separate units Heater with vents throughout Central vacuum cleaner system Bose surround sound system Color TV’s (1) Sony DVD/VHS player (1) DVD player 10-CD system main salon and CD system in each cabin. Bose speakers in main salon and cockpit NAVIGATION STATION: Aft of main salon to starboard is the Navigation Station with a large mahogany chart table. There are chart and storage drawers and mounted electronics. UTILITY WORK AREA: Aft of the Navigation station is the Utility Area that has a washer/dryer. There is also a work bench for boat maintenance. This area also has access to the electrical distribution panels, pumps. FORWARD GUEST CABINS (and Private Heads): Next forward of the main salon are port and starboard Guest Cabins, each with private Heads forward, and a shared shower between. Each stateroom can sleep two guests. Port stateroom has a single upper berth and a single lower berth - that converts to a double berth (6) Drawer dresser Starboard stateroom has a double berth with 5-drawers below Vanity with formica countertop with mahogany trim in heads Sink with hot and cold pressure water Groco electric marine head Locker storage outboard Medicine cabinet Exhaust fans Opening ports Mirrors CREW QUARTERS/FORWARD STATEROOM: Forward Stateroom with upper and lower berths on the portside and a Settee to starboard with outboard locker. The upper berth folds down to make a sofa. The lower berth can pull inboard to make a double-berth. Aft of the Settee is a fully enclosed head. Aft portside is a hanging locker and wash basin with storage below. ELECTRONICS/NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT: Wood Freeman Autopilot with remote Raytheon R-40X Radar with bridge control Raychart 620 LCD Chart Plotter B&G Hornet wind direction & speed instruments B&G Hecta Depth sounder All B&G instruments are dual station KVH Satellite TV Auto-helm ST-5 Navigation Repeater IMAR SAT-M Communication system Icom ML-55 VHF Radio Icom DM-59 VHF Radio SEA 222 SB Radio
- SAILS & RIGGING
- ELYSIAN features custom Hinckley aluminum masts and booms Awlgrip painted white. The mast height is 64’. Internal slide tracks Custom Hinckley rod lugs and turnbuckles to chain plates Double tapered aluminum spreaders Stainless steel 1 x 19 wire standing rigging with swaged terminals Stainless steel tangs Secured internal electrical wiring and antenna leads (4) Spreader lights Harken rolling furling headstay on genoa and Mizzen Insulated backstay adjuster Main sheet block WINCHES: (2) ST Barient primary winches (1) #27 ST Barient main sheet winch (2) #22 ST Mizzen staysail winches SAILS: Mainsail – Quantum (2000) Mizzen – Doyle (1998) 135% Jib – Quantum (1999)
- Rigging, engine, electronics and electrical system are all bonded to the keel with extra heavy copper strapping for grounding. New 12-Volt DC electrical system (2) 12-Volt gelcell 8-D starting batteries. (8) 6-Volt heavy-duty accessory batteries. (2) Bank battery amp/hour meter New Circuit breaker panels New industrial 180-amp Balmar alternator starboard engine All batteries have been replaced New 12-kw Northern Lights generator New 110-Volt AC electrical system Heart interface inverter. (2) 50-Amp dockside electrical cables.
- Engine room is noise insulated. New port and starboard Perkins M92B engines with Borg Warner 72C hydraulic transmissions. (Max 86-hp @ 2400 rpms). Engine hours on 3/07/2012: 43-hrs port/40-hrs stbd engines. Borg Warner transmission There are two 3-blade feathering Maxi props Aquamet 22 stainless steel 1 3/8” propeller shafts and spurs Engine controls at cockpit pedestal Low oil pressure Bilge alarms High temperature alarm Dry Riser Exhaust System – cools and quiets exhaust (8) Racor separator fuel filters - 2 for each engine, generator and transfer pump (2) Jabsco electric bilge pumps (1) Manual bilge pump Dockside water connection (3) Cruisair reverse cycle 16,000-BTU air conditioning units (2) 12-Gallon stainless steel water heaters (2) Bilge blowers
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- There is a divided anchor and rode forepeak area with additional storage. GROUND TACKLE: Ideal 12-volt anchor windlass (new 2000) CQR 60# Anchor with 250’ X ½” galvanized chain EQUIPMENT: Freshwater deck wash down system EPIRB Lifejackets Horseshoe life rings Twin air horns White aft cockpit dodger Cockpit cushions Aft or side mounted gangway Stern boarding gate Built-in hatch screens Watertight 12-Volt deck outlet Outboard motor bracket Goodyear 6-man life raft - in canister Fog bell Coast Guard safety equipment Fire Extinguishers 2007 12’ Caribe Dinghy 2006 30-hp Yamaha engine
- OTHER FEATURES
- Stainless steel Simpson Lawrence dinghy davits All heads are electric New wind generator system New engine room lights Rebuilt center board system New hoses throughout All port lights have new seals Additional custom refrigeration under port salon settee Mattresses, cockpit cushions, and interior cushions have been recovered with Sunbrella material
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Dana Davidson ( non-Hinckley specialist ) Cell: 401-965-1684 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378