- 36 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 6LY3 diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
AVALON is a 2008 36' Picnic Boat EP. This boat has been used only seasonally in CT/NY. She has 625 hours on the 480-horsepower Yanmar, this was largest engine offered in this EP Picnic Boat. She has always been stored under the Hinckley Jet Boat Program and shows well. Owner is replacing all exterior cushions so new buyer has the opportunity to pick out fabrics of their liking.
- The Picnic Boat EP (Extended Pilothouse) sleeps two comfortably forward in V-berths and includes a head with shower, and a galley. An L-shaped settee with table and two forward facing Stidd seats are in the pilothouse. A 2008 model, AVALON features a transom door with full stern seating, a SS bow rail and the 480-hp Yanmar engine.
- Flag Blue Topsides W-520 Light Cream Gelcoat Cabin house and deck Light Cream Double Boot stripe Red Bottom Construction of the hull is Hinckley DualGuard® composite, Kevlar/E-glass hybrid outer skin with resin infused segmented Aircraft grade balsa and Corecell core, with carbon fiber inner skin, SCRIMP®ed with vinylester resin. Deck and cockpit are E-glass and Aircraft grade balsa and Corecell core, SCRIMP®ed with vinylester resin. The deck sole and fore deck have an Awlgrip painted nonskid pattern. Marelon ball-valve seacocks with thru-hulls below water line and Marelon thru-hulls above the waterline. 1' 9" Draft Stainless steel half round on fiberglass molded rub rail Transom portside door Swim Platform: Heavy-duty fiberglass swim platform has teak insert treads, stainless steel bracket and half round rubrail. Stainless steel telescoping 3-step folding swim ladder that stores under platform. Transom handle painted to match hull Deck features : Flush foredeck anchor locker, with hide away windlass Rounded, tapered, varnished teak toe rail with Hinckley profile Varnished teak eyebrow molding around cabin top Varnished teak handrails on the cabin top and on the pilothouse rooftop, also a varnished teak handrail on the aft end of the pilothouse rooftop Four (4) elliptical ports on house sides (all opening with screens) Hinckley pilothouse mast with spotlight and radome painted to match deck. (5) Low profile opening aluminum hatches with screens Custom Hinckley 316L stainless steel bow chocks Bow, stern and springline 316L stainless steel mooring cleats Padeyes with chafe strips to hang fenders
- Additional Equipment
- Bow varnished burgee pennant staff with flush socket Stern mounted 4 ft. varnished teak ensign pole & socket Boat hook Brass 6" Bell Dock lines Fenders Deck shower/water outlet with hot & cold mixing valve Life jackets Hand held flare kit (3) 2.5# Dry chemical fire extinguishers 12-volt trumpet air horn with switch on dash Masthead and running lights ACR Masthead mounted spot light with helm mounted electric remote control Ground Tackle: Muir electric windlass pkg: Flush foredeck anchor locker houses a Muir electric windlass with Delta 22# anchor + 15" SS chain & 150' anchor rode and stainless steel bow roller. The windlass can be operated from the helm station or a handheld remote at anchor locker.
- Entry to the cockpit: Portside transom door from the swim platform A stainless steel cockpit step ladder with teak treads that mounts port or starboard with stainless steel brackets. Seating in the cockpit - is available in the Picnic EP engine box that has an integrated wet bar and an aft-facing cushioned seat finished in custom Sunbrella Ralph Lauren, Boat Blue Sails fabric for the seat bottoms and seat backs. The wet bar at the aft end of the pilothouse includes a molded sink with foldaway faucet and hot and cold pressure water, insulated and self-draining icebox, and a storage drawer. The sink and cooler have a varnished teak cover.. The entire engine box/wet bar and seat is hinged on the aft end and has electric lift for easy access to the engine compartment. Aft is a full-width settee with back and seat cushions finished in fabric that matches the pilothouse cushions. Aft settee includes a hinged lid under the cushion to allow access to removable storage tub and to access bilge areas. The portside has a transom door with a removable folding seat section. There are port and starboard cup holders just forward of cushions. Other cockpit features include: Cockpit sole has an Awlgrip painted non-skid deck and direct overboard drainage scuppers. There are cockpit lockers with varnished louvered teak doors Cockpit shower with mixing valve is located in forward face of stern seat. Cockpit cover
- Pilothouse (Extended-style)
- A full teak package covers the dash area and around the pilothouse windows and cockpit coamings. (4) Pilothouse windows and include: (2) Sliding side windows and (2) Fixed, forward with heavy duty, self-parking, intermittent windshield wipers and fresh water washers. Pilothouse sole has AwlGrip painted non-skid deck Insulated white overhead has four (4) acrylic opening hatches OceanAir Sky screens/shades on all four pilothouse hatches (2) Hella fans Additional illumination is by four overhead low-voltage halogen lights. Pilothouse has a varnished teak handrail on centerline underside of the roof top (5) Cup holders The Pilothouse interior has a varnished teak locking companionway door. Two varnished teak handrails are under the aft outboard ends of the pilothouse cabin top. Drop curtains (ivory-color with windows) provide a fully enclosed pilothouse. Interior window sun covers (ivory-colored) for all four pilothouse windows. Aft Pilothouse Next aft, the extended pilothouse roof shades additional seating with a L-shaped settee to port, with varnished teak shelf outboard trim that faces inboard and forward and has back and bottom cushions covered in Sunbrella Ralph Lauren Boat Blue Sails Fabric. There is locker stowage beneath the settee. Triangular Varnished teak table hinges open to make larger square. Two opening hatches with shades/screens are over the aft pilothouse area. Two cup holders.
- Forward Helm Area
- Forward are Stidd helm and passenger seats on powder-coated pedestals with foot rests that are height, as well as forward and aft, adjustable. They can swivel to face aft. These seats are finished in Ivory Ultra-Leather with Dark Blue piping. Forward are stainless steel footrests. Forward to Port: Forward passenger area also includes a varnished teak integral handrail/cup holder on the forward bulkhead. A stainless steel footrest is below the handrail, there is a louvered door locker outboard of the navigator seat pedestal. Helm Station (Starboard): Varnished teak custom instrument pod Stainless steel 14" steering wheel with varnished wood rim Hinckley "JetStick®"control Yanmar digital engine multi-function display, SeaKey control panel Top-opening locker with chart storage 12-volt "cigarette style" outlet in chart pocket Two cup holders.
- Interior Accommodations
- The Interior is finished in satin-varnished cherry, including sheathing and a custom Cameo white Corian countertop. The cabin sole is varnished teak and holly. There is an opening overhead hatch and two opening window ports below in the V-berth Opening ports in the galley and head All opening ports and hatches have removable screens. Ocean Air Sky screen/shade on main cabin hatch (2) Hella fans - Port and starboard on forward bulkhead. (5) Frigast stainless steel 12-volt lamps provide plenty of interior lighting. Stereo Speakers on forward bulkhead Walk-Through: From the pilothouse companionway is the Galley to port, enclosed Head to starboard and V-berth accommodations forward. Galley (Port) Corian countertop Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures and spray nozzle Hot and cold pressure water. Sea Frost refrigeration – 12-volt cold plate refrigerator in a self draining box Force 10 two-burner stainless steel stove with remote propane shut-off and wood cover/cutting board, with electric Propane Gas control panel Microwave 110-volt 600 watt oven 110-volt outlet Pullout under counter garbage receptacle (3) Cherry pullout drawers Red step light in galley Propane shut off valve Opening port with screen Additional storage is provided outboard and under the galley sink. The stove is set in the countertop forward and has a stove cover board which adds to the already ample counter space surrounding the sink. Microwave is built in outboard. The refrigeration is mounted aft of the sink and is accessed by a lift-up top. The Galley is separated from the V-berth area with a "pantry" locker with louvered door and shelves, and a dish stowage bin is above the pantry locker. Head (Next aft starboard) Solid cherry door panel door Molded fiberglass sole for easy cleaning. Varnished cherry countertop with an undermounted porcelain sink. Grohe faucet/hand held shower provides hot & cold pressure water. Sealand Vacu-Flush electric marine head is plumbed to a 27-gallon aluminum holding tank and overboard discharge Mirror on the forward bulkhead with cherry frame. Storage is provided by cherry faced lockers above and outboard the vanity, a drawer beside the marine head, and a locker access under the vanity. 110-volt outlet Opening port with screen, as well as forced ventilation V-Berth Area (Forward): V-Berth filler cushion - forms a double berth Cushions are upholstered in Ralph Lauren Topsail Blue fabric Storage under the V-berths with easy access cherry drop-front door to port. Storage in forepeak behind a louvered cherry door. Hanging locker to starboard just aft of the V-berths. (2) Stereo speakers are mounted port and starboard on the forward bulkhead. (2) Hella fans – port and starboard bulkhead facing aft Overhead opening hatch with Ocean Air screen/shade Throw pillows
- Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Entertainment Electronics: Alpine CDA-9857 AM/FM/CD stereo receiver, and CD changer Alpine CHA-S634 6-disc CD changer with MP3 format (2) MB Quartz speakers in Pilothouse: (2) MB Quartz speakers on V-berth forward bulkhead Helm Electronics and Navigation Equipment: Raymarine E-120 Multifunction GPS Plotter/Radar/Depth Raymarine ST 6002 Autopilot Standard Horizon VHF with RAM Microphone Ritchie Binnacle compass ACR Remote Spotlight control Lenco Trim Tab controls High Water Alarm
- Low resistance, heavy copper and sacrificial zinc anode electrical bonding system: 12-volt DC electrical system: (3) 12-volt batteries for a total of 540-amps 80-amp battery alternator on engine Heavy duty battery parallel switch also allows emergency starting 110-volt 30-amp AC electrical system: AC electrical distribution panel, volt and amp meters and DC sub-panel. 110-volt shore power inlet, relay and shore power cord MasterVolt inverter/Battery Charger Glendenning 30-amp electric cord reel Electrical panel includes thermo-magnetic breakers, volt and amp meter.
- Engine/Mechanical Equipment
- 2008 Yanmar 6LY 480-hp diesel engine, Hamilton 292 Jet Drive, ZF IRM220PL transmission and Vetus 7" 12-volt bow thruster. Hinckley custom "JetStick®" control system is integrated with the bow thruster. Racor fuel filter/water separator filter Yanmar Digital Multifunction Engine gauge Alarms for high-low oil pressure, and high water temperature Custom wet exhaust muffler system Oil transfer pump for engine and transmission Manual hydraulic steering helm pump (2) Electric 1500 GPH 12-volt bilge pumps with float switches Whale emergency bilge pump mounted in cockpit locker In-line 12-volt automatic shower sump pump Racor Water indicator panel ProMariner Galvanic Isolator monitor FireBoy Engine Shutdown Override Panel Heater Control 27-gallon Aluminum holding tank with overboard discharge 6-gallon stainless steel hot water heater – shore power and engine heated Acoustic lined foam engine box insulation and double gaskets on engine box cover with electric riser Engine box exhaust fan
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com • Bob Jarrett (CPYB) - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: email@example.com