- 41 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 3JH4E diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
RADIO FLYER is one of the nine Competition 41’s built and in 1969 she was stated to be a “competition sailor’s performance sailing machine.” She is a particularly attractive as she experienced a thoroughly comprehensive refit in 2008, including new Yanmar engine.
*Owner will consider interesting trades, sail or power, on smaller or larger vessels.
- HULL and DECK
- Sunfast Red Awlgrip topsides Snow White Awlgrip deck and house with Moondust Awlgrip nonskid White boottop Black bottom Varnished exterior teak trim Varnished mahogany interior Construction: Solid hand laid fiberglass hull and deck are fiberglassed and bolted together once the deck, that includes the molded house and cockpit, is set into a molded flange in the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted in place. This delivers a boat of extraordinary rigidity. Spade rudder. Deck: Stainless steel stemhead with bow roller. Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits. Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines, port and starboard gates. Dorade cowl vents Varnished teak toe rails, handrails, hatch frames, aft lazarette hatch covers, cockpit coaming, and varnished teak exterior trim. Stainless steel genoa tracks. Aft lazarette stowage compartment has varnished teak hatch cover.
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Stainless steel bow roller with Ideal vertical 12VDC windlass with foot switch (available but not installed) (1) Fortress FX37 anchor with short 3/8" chain pendant with approximately 150' x 5/8" three-strand rode CQR #35 anchor with 50’ x 3/8" Chain and 200’ x 5/8” three-strand rode. Life Sling 3 Fire Extinguishers Boarding Ladder Q Beam Hand-held Spotlight Jack Lines Safety Harnesses Staff and Flag Burgee Halyard CANVAS: Sunbrella Awning (Mast to Backstay) with 3 ForeSpar telescoping poles (2010) Sunbrella Hatch Covers (2011) Sunbrella Cockpit Cushions (2011) Spare Mainsail cover Custom Mooring Cover (2010)
- Cockpit Awning – Toast Sunbrella Sunbrella cockpit cushions (2011) Pulpit mounted Dual Stereo Speakers Cockpit features include: Pedestal wheel steering Binnacle mounted compass and stainless steel binnacle guard. Engine controls and gauges are all within easy reach of the helmsman. Cockpit coaming is varnished teak and has winch pockets. Opening water-sealed cockpit seats allow plenty of sail and equipment storage.
- Helm & Navigation Electronics
- Raymarine C80 Radar/GPS Raymarine ST60 Speed Raymarine ST60 Depth Raymarine ST60 Wind Raymarine ST4000 Autopilot Raymarine 2-KW Radar (Pre-wired for installation at backstay. Dome not currently installed.) Navpod Grand Prix SailPod at Pedestal for all instrumentation ICOM VHF
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- The Cockpit companionway steps lead down to the interior accommodations finished in aft Main Cabin. The interior is finished Herreshoff style with white bulkheads and varnished teak with white painted overhead. The Interior Plan includes: Main Cabin - Aft Galley/Nav area with forward full width Main Salon. Head and Master Stateroom are forward. Sleeping accommodations can sleep six (6) comfortably with two (2) in the Forward Cabin and four (4) in the Main Cabin. COMPANIONWAY: The Galley/Nav Station are easily accessible from the cockpit via the varnished mahogany companionway steps. Locker for storage behind the companionway steps. GALLEY (Full-width Aft): Gimbaled 3-burner Shipmate propane stove and oven with broiler Xintex S-2A Propane/CNG Fume Detector with Solenoid Valve Control Sink Ice Box AC/DC Panel Glass and food storage Force 10 6-Gal. HWH (110v or heat exchanger) Icom VHF MAIN SALON Forward from the Galley is the full-width Main Salon that can sleep up to four. There is a pull-out transom berth/settee with pilot berth outboard, both port and starboard. Bulkhead mounted Dual Stereo Speakers Sony Stereo with MP3 Connection Dining table: The varnished mahogany dining table stores by folding against the bulkhead. HEAD: The private Head is forward of the Main Salon to port with sink. Corian lavatory top Ceramic tile, under and behind head. Electro-Scan EST12 treatment system. FORWARD STATEROOM Forward-most is the Owner’s Stateroom: V-berth, with filler to make a double berth. Seat between Hanging locker to starboard Bureau to port with four drawers and a drop front provide additional storage Opening overhead hatch for extra light & ventilation
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Hinckley aluminum mast, Selden Boom (2008) with stainless steel rigging. Mast stripped, painted,and re-wired 2008 All running rigging new 2008 Toast Sunbrella Main sail cover Spare Sunbrella Main sail cover Harken Roller Furler Backstay WINCHES: All Barient winches (re-chromed 2008) #32 Primary winches #22 Secondary winches #30 aft of Helmsman Winch handles SAILS: (1) Sobstad main -, three full and three intermittent battens (2008) (1) Z Jib custom-laminated radial cut Genoa (2008)
- 12-volt and 110-volt systems with sBlue Sea Systems AC-DC Distribution Panel. Separate 12-volt system for starting and house accessories: 2 Group 31 AGM House Batteries, in STBD Locker (November 2011) 1 Group 27 Start Battery, in PORT locker (2009) Battery Selector Switch 110-volt shore power system: Hubbel 30A/125V shore power cord Statpower “True Charge” Battery Charger, in STBD Locker Guest 2530P Galvanic Isolator, in STBD Locker
- Yanmar 3JH4E (New 2008, 180-Hours - 3/2012) 3-blade MAX prop New Propeller Shaft, Cutless Bearing, and Tides Marine Dripless Shaftseal (November 2011) More features: Insulated engine room with engine room blower. Whale Manual bilge pump Rule 1100 GPH Fully Automatic Bilge Pump (2011) Carafano Bora Cabin Fans
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Dana Davidson ( non-Hinckley specialist ) Cell: 401-965-1684 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: email@example.com om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378