- 51 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4JH2-DTE FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
CHRISTINA is a versatile, highly customized cutter-rig, aft-cockpit yawl with a custom 3-cabin interior arrangement, Leisure-furl main boom, Yanmar engine and a bow thruster. She comfortably sleeps 9. Offered for sale by her original owner, she has the rig, the equipment and the amenities to offer many versatile sailing experiences while having the traditional look and feel of a fine Hinckley.
- CHRISTINA is a highly customized SW-51 with a layout designed to be truly versatile and the design and amenities (including butterfly hatch) for the look and feel of a fine traditional yacht. Her intent was to be a boat that could be sailed short-handed, able to cruise with another couple or family, and have the ability to be the perfect place for "the men" to go on a bachelor sail offshore. This fine sailing yacht is built to handle all these activities with ease. Offered for sale by the original owner, she is built to explore nearby coastlines and far off horizons. PRELIMINARY LISTING.
- HULL AND DECK
- Flag Blue Awlgrip topsides. Teak covered deck. Off-white gelcoat house. Gold leaf cove stripe. Off-White single bootstripe. Red bottom Varnished bright exterior teak trim. Construction: DualGuard® hull construction, a SCRIMP® composite of E-glass/Kevlar, cones, and carbon fiber to yield a vacuum infused hull of incredible strength, stiffness, and impact resistance. Hull: Infusion molded, balsa core sandwich construction with vinylester resin and Kevlar/E-glass outer skin and carbon inner skin. Deck: Infusion molded, Teak-finished balsa core sandwich construction with vinylester resin and Kevlar/E-glass. Features: Teak covered deck. Aft deck area is teak covered and includes a varnished teak hatch cover over the aft lazarette. Draft: Board up = 5' 10", Board down = 11' 1" Keel and Centerboard: External lead ballast keel with a fiberglass centerboard that is raised and lowered using a cockpit winch. Solid fiberglass skeg-hung fiberglass rudder. Sea cocks have wooden plugs. Additional features include: Flush molded-in foredeck anchor locker. Stainless steel guardrail at sheer - Varnished teak with solid half-oval stainless steel cap. Stainless steel anchor roller. One piece tapered teak toe rails. Hinckley stainless steel stem fitting with integral chocks. Stainless steel bow pulpit with seat. Stainless steel stern pulpit with folding boarding swim ladder. Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and port and starboard gates. Bright varnished exterior teak including handrails, eyebrows, cap rails, hatch and dorade boxes. All small ports are opening, with screens. Opening hatches with smoke grey covers and screens. Custom housetop butterfly hatch. One double dorade and three single dorades with cowl vents with removable screens for extra ventilation. All stainless steel Harken blocks. Deck includes: Inlay teak chain guard - to protect the foredeck from the chain. Saltwater deck wash spigot in foredeck locker with spare anchor. Freshwater deck shower – mixing valve in aft lazarette and hose attachment. Chrome dorade cowl vents – with dorade vent closures. Stainless steel dorade vent guards for double dorade vents forward of the mast. Foredeck dorade is easily removed. Forward varnished teak double dorade box has storage between vents. Hatchboard stowage over the companionway. (4) Custom padeyes on foredeck - for dinghy storage.
- AFT COCKPIT
- Dodger - with zip-front window and elkhide-covered grab rail. Teak cockpit table Teak mug/glass rack - pedestal mounted. Cockpit cushions Boom light – over cockpit table, with dimmer at companionway. Covers for all hatches Line rack in sail locker. Cockpit flood lights – Forward face of mizzen mast. (4) Folding cockpit padeyes for safety harness attachment. (2) Opening portlights – between cockpit and aft cabin. The large aft Cockpit has comfortable raised coaming seatback seating for the helmsman and crew and a complete range of engine instruments and equipment switches are located conveniently. The coaming is teak-capped and cutaway aft providing access from the deck and has winch storage pockets trimmed in stainless steel. Cockpit seats have molded in non-skid. The cockpit sole is inlaid teak and has recessed scuppers. More: A stainless 40" steering wheel with an elkhide-covered rim is mounted on a Hinckley pedestal with stainless steel binnacle guard. The stainless steel binnacle houses a 6" compass and single-lever engine control. Cockpit hatch dropboards have latches that can be opened from above or below deck per ORC rules. Teak-faced instrument pod is located forward, over the companionway and includes 4” Polyplanar speakers. (2) 12-volt outlets on side of instrument pod. Radar socket – radio socket – autopilot socket. Autopilot control is flush mounted next to the helm.
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- CHRISTINA is a Custom “B” layout that includes a Forward Cabin, Forward Guest Cabin, Master Aft Cabin, two Heads, Main Salon, Nav Station and Galley. The interior wood is satin-varnished cherry and gloss-varnished highlights with a white formica and cherry trimmed overhead. The cabin sole is teak and holly with gloss Durathane varnish and has a cabin sole cover. There is a built-in dustpan with teak grate in the Galley sole. Entertainment Electronics: Alpine 12-CD changer Alpine DVD player – Salon. (2) Polyplanar 4” speakers - Cockpit. Audiovox 14” color TV – Salon – Fwd stbd locker. TV masthead antenna – connection and power in Salon fwd stbd locker. More Features: All hanging lockers have aromatic cedar sheathing and automatic lighting when entered. All cabin doors are solid/panel cherry with radius corners and laminated door frames. All locker doors are louvered. Balsam with green stripes fabric curtains are throughout. Hella fans Opening Smoke Gray translucent teak cabin top hatches with screens. All small ports are opening, with screens. Curtains throughout. (8) Frigast 12-volt cabin lights and overhead dome lights. Sea Recovery 600-gal/day 110-volt Watermaker.
- INTERIOR WALKTHROUGH
- FORWARD STATEROOM: A door separates this cabin from the rest of the accommodations. V-berth is forward - with a double berth adapter a cushion. Inner spring mattress is split longitudinally for access to storage under the V-berth. A matching cushioned seat between V-Berth has storage accessed under cushion. Two custom sets of fitted sheets for V-berth. Coverlets for berth. Drawer storage is available under the V-berths. Over and outboard are lockers port and starboard with sliding doors. Large cedar-lined wardrobe is aft to starboard and includes a shelf outboard and mounted fire extinguisher inside. Other amenities include: Opening hatch with screen (2) Frigast 12-volt lights – mounted port and starboard. Dome light (2) Hella fans Forward foc’sle has a full-length mirror on forward side. GUEST STATEROOM (Forward Port): The port Guest Cabin has a bi-fold entry door. Upper and lower berths. Lewmar hatch is over for extra natural light and ventilation. Two custom sets of fitted sheets. Coverlets for berth HEAD (Forward Starboard): Next aft to starboard is the Head, finished in Antique White Formica with Off-White Formica sole with contrasting nonskid, and a drain and teak grate in the shower. There are separate entrances from the Forward Cabin and the Main Cabin. The vanity has a Vanilla Corian countertop and sink. Grohe fixtures with hot and cold pressure water. Telephone-style shower with hot and cold pressure water and shower curtain. Vacu-flush marine head to flexible holding tank with Y-valve for overboard discharge or deck pump out. (2) Large linen and storage lockers outboard, with shelf and sliding door. (2) Hinckley stainless steel hand rail/towel bars. Mirror covers entire bulkhead. (2) 12-volt lights and (1) dome light. 110-volt ground fault outlet. Dorade ventilation Opening port Liquid soap dispenser. MAIN SALON: The satin-varnished cherry Main Salon has a white overhead with cherry trim and curtains port and starboard. This bright, comfortable area features opening ports and (2) large fixed ports. There is a butterfly overhead opening hatch with screens, and dorade ventilation for plenty of natural air circulation. The Main Salon has a centerline varnished cherry dining table that has large, fold-down outboard leaf and inside storage custom-accessed on the starboard side. A U-shaped dinette cushioned settee is to port and can pull inboard and create a sleeping area with a double berth adapter. A small second comfortable curved settee is to starboard forward. Outboard the starboard settee is a forward locker Entertainment Center. Custom wine rack is mounted on the starboard forward locker overhead, aft of the TV. Custom wine bottle storage in the starboard forward locker, aft of the TV. Outboard the dinette is a bookcase alcove with fore and aft louvered lockers. There is storage under the U-shaped settee. Butterfly hatch over. Centerline overhead handrail. Frigast 12-volt lights mounted on port and starboard forward bulkheads. Speakers are mounted in the overhead. Lee cloths Covers for all cabin sole areas. GALLEY, Amidship Starboard: The L-shaped Galley is opposite and aft of the Dinette Area and forward of the Nav Station. The Galley has: Sahara Magna Corian countertops that offer excellent work space. All cabinets have sliding louvered doors. Large storage areas for food and dish storage. Hella fan Large fixed port over. Additional engine room access below sink. Dustbuster under stove. Statpower inverter. Red step light. Inboard: Double stainless steel undermounted sink has a cutting board for small sink. Grohe Euro Plus 33.853 fixtures with pressure hot & cold water, sprayer, and freshwater hand pump. Hinckley custom paper towel rack forward bulkhead. Hinckley custom dish rack in storage lockers. Drawer storage including partitioned silverware drawer. Outboard: Grunert AR-50 front and top opening separate refrigerator and freezer with shelf and temperature gauges. Force 10 gimbaled 3-burner propane stove with oven and broiler has a safety grab rail/towel bar and a propane marinetics switch. GE microwave oven built-in over the countertop. Generous locker storage outboard. Custom built in countertop knife rack. Pull-out trash bin. Propane marinetics switch for stove. Hella fan. NAVIGATION STATION, Next Aft Port: Aft of the Galley and to starboard of the Cockpit companionway is the forward-facing Nav Station. There are two fixed ports above and dome lights over the nav desk. Nav Area features: Large varnished cherry opening nav desk with chart and nav equipment storage. Cushioned seat is the forward end of the starboard aft quarterberth. Instrumentation is interfaced and mounted in varnished cherry cabinetry 12-volt and 110-volt distribution panel and generator panel. (2) 12-volt outlets. Hella fan INTERIOR AFT: QUARTERBERTH AREA (To starboard) This area is aft of the Nav Station and outboard the cockpit companionway. Single berth Outboard are storage lockers over the berth. Engine access. Wet locker inboard. Companionway to the Cockpit: The aft centered cockpit Companionway has removable varnished cherry 5-step companionway steps to the cockpit have integral handholds port and starboard. There are access panels to the engine behind the companionway steps. The translucent hatch cover allows extra light in the Main Salon area. Smoke-gray Plexi-glass. Steplight at companionway. OWNER'S SUITE (Aft to port): To port of the aft cockpit Companionway is the Owner’s Suite. The accommodations in this cabin include an ensuite Private Head with shower that is located forward. The aft double berth has an innerspring mattress split longitudinally for access to storage under. Under deck lockers with sliding doors are outboard. Other amenities include: Custom fitted sheets for berth. Two large drawers provide storage under the berth. More storage is beneath the seat port and accessed from under the cushions. A storage locker is outboard the seat. Large cedar-lined wardrobe with shelf-top is forward of the seat. Full-length mirror on inside of cabin door. Personal safe. Two custom sets of fitted sheets. Coverlets for berth. Opening port with screen to cockpit. OWNER’s HEAD: The ensuite Head is forward to port in the Master Cabin and finished in Antique White Formica with an Off-White molded fiberglass sole and contrasting nonskid molded in. A Corian countertop is both inboard and outboard. Other features include: Separate stall shower with curtain is forward with molded-in nonskid sole and it has a teak seat. Shower has a separate mixing valve and telephone-style shower head. Vanilla Corian countertop and sink is forward. Grohe fixtures with hot & cold pressure water at the sink and shower. SeaLand Vacu-flush toilet with freshwater and Y-valve to holding tank for overboard discharge to a facility. Outboard are double-door lockers that house linen storage areas. A mirror covers the entire bulkhead. Opening port with screen. Dorade ventilation. (3) Hinckley stainless steel handrail/towel bars (One in shower). Hand towel holder. Liquid soap dispenser. 110-volt ground fault outlet. Dome light. (2) 12-volt lights. Nav/Electronics Equipment: Robertson AP300 Autopilot with AP22 control in stainless steel box on cockpit pedestal guard. Standard Horizon Spectrum VHF radio – with Ram mike in cockpit – DSC, loud hailer and fog horn. Raytheon RL80 CRC Radar (Nav Station) - with RL80 in cockpit – gyro-tec compass and WAAS antenna. Secondary RayChart 320 GPS in Nav Station – interfaced to all electronics - with secondary Raystar 120 WAAS antenna. Raytheon ST60 Wind, Speed, Depth, multi-displays - located in Cockpit and Nav Station. Satellite phone system – with mast antenna – Thrane & Trane Mini M system, with data connection to computer. Icom 710 RT SSB Radio – with AT120 coupler and insulated backstay antenna.
- SAILS & RIGGING
- Yawl rig. Carbon-fiber double-spreader main and mizzen masts with aluminum furling main boom - painted white to match the deck. Boom with preventer system. Leisure-furl boom system. Harken 3 headstay furling. Removable inner forestay that has a separate halyard and winch. Detachable topping lift – for main and mizzen. Hydraulic insulated backstay and boomvang with remote Navtec panel in cockpit – including digital main boom angle read-out. Navtec standing rod rigging – with stainless steel shroud turnbuckle covers. Carbon fiber spinnaker pole with elkhide covered ends – mounted in deck chocks, with mast track and winch. Reaching strut – elkhide covered outboard end. Main halyard led to cockpit. Lazy jacks - mizzen. Spreader lights on main mast. Electric winch switches – (2) Forward, in winch box, (2) Aft, opposite the helm. MPS halyard (2) Genoa halyards (2) Flag halyards Winch handles WINCHES: (2) Electric Lewmar #66 CST primary winches. Electric Lewmar #58 CST secondary winches. Lewmar Barient #48 CST main sheet, main halyard (spar), and jib halyard winches. SAILS: Mainsail – Norlam SR Spectra – full-batten with In-boom furling and Sail-Kote Plus treatment - North Sails. Mizzen - Norlam SR Spectra – full-batten with cunningham. – North Sails. 100% #3 Genoa – Nordac 10.8 oz - UV leech & foot – North Sails. 135% #2 Genoa – Norlam SR Spectra, rope-reefing pad, reef patches – UV leech & foot, Sailkote Plus. – North Sails. Forestaysail – 10.8 oz. Premium Dacron – North Sails. MPS – 1.5 oz G-AP3 gennaker with Snuffer Plus. – North Sails. Spinnaker – Norlon .75 oz., Code 25 with sail numbers. – North Sails. Storm Trysail – Dacron, with sail numbers. – North Sails. Storm Jib – Dacron– North Sails. Mizzen Staysail – Norlon 1.5 oz. – North Sails.
- Separate heavy-duty 12-volt DC electrical system with separate lighting and starting batteries. 12-volt battery and 53-amp alternator - Engine starting system. 450-amp/hr lighting batteries are charged by a 105-amp alternator with solid-state regulator is installed on the engine. There is a master cut-off switch and emergency battery starting capabilities. Link 10 battery monitor. 110-volt shore power: Stat Power Prosine 2.5 inverter. Modified circuit breaker panel. 50 ft. 30 amp shore power cord with 30-15 amp adapter and inlet. (4) 110-volt outlets – conveniently located throughout. Fischer Panda 8-Kw generator – with remote panel in Nav Station. Lighting: Bulkhead mounted lights are positioned over berths, in the dinette, and head area, and a red filter dome in the navigation area. Recessed dome lights are provided for general cabin lighting with remote switch and individual switches, engine room. All circuits are protected with circuit breakers in a master control panel located in the nav station. All circuits, major mechanical components and rigging are bonded with heavy copper strapping that is grounded to the keel.
- 2002 Yanmar 4JH2-DTE 80-hp FWC diesel engine has: 2:1 reduction gear. Aquamet 22 stainless steel prop shaft and shaft spurs. Max 3-blade prop Bow thruster – 8” and with control at helm. Racor fuel filters with vacuum gauge. Low oil pressure alarm. High coolant temperature alarm. Engine room is noise insulated and the engine is soft mounted with Scatra drive soft coupling for very quiet and smooth operation. There is an engine room blower and mounted automatic head fire extinguisher system. The engine is fitted with a full-length drip pan and has a water-lift type exhaust system. Dual 12-volt and engine-driven Grunert AR-50 refrigeration system. Watermaker - 110-volt Sea Recovery 600-gal/day watermaker – with fresh water back-flush system. Stainless steel 1-gallon hot water heater -engine heated/110-volt. Engine oil and overheat alarm system. Saltwater deck wash with a Pargaon Jr. pump – spigot in foredeck anchor locker. Electric 12-volt DC bilge pump. Manual bilge pump - in cockpit. High water bilge alarm – in cockpit – with pump-cycle counter. Emergency tiller system including a stainless steel tiller. Stainless steel water tanks + additional water tank – under port fwd Guest Cabin berth. Two aluminum holding tanks @ 30 gallons each Fiberglass sump tank with electric 12-volt pump. Oil transfer pump – connected to main engine and generator. Propane sniffer – sensors at stove and below propane tank. Reverse-cycle 24,000 BTU heat/air conditioning – with 3 air handler units.
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- GROUND TACKLE SYSTEM: Muir VRC 2500 A1-12VR – with up/down switching at foredeck. Hinckley stainless steel bow roller with 60# CQR plow stainless steel anchor + approximately 250’ x 5/16” HT chain rode. Fortress FX-37 secondary anchor – stores in port foredeck anchor locker. Chain snubber. EQUIPMENT: Saltwater anchor wash down system in foredeck locker. Freshwater pressure deck wash at aft deck portside. Hinckley boarding ladder – 2-step, teak tread. Stern boarding/swim ladder – stainless steel with teak treads, folds into stern pulpit. Nemo Trifold passarellle and socket at stern pulpit. Masthead 5-function nav light with strobe. Radar reflector on mastwith. Windex with light – masthead. (2) Horseshoe life rings on stainless steel brackets. GPIRB - Category 1- self-deploy – stern pulpit mount. Life jackets Sea Max inflatable vest with harness. Lirakis safety harness. Mom 8 – Gale Rider drogue ACR personal rescue strobe Category 0 Solas flare kit Shock absorbing tether Heaving line Aqua Signal 12-volt halogen spotlight Horns – 12-volt dual, trumpet style. Fire extinguishers Trans Ocean first aid kit. Bosun’s chair Hydraulic cable cutters Bell – 8” brass Manual bilge pump Outboard motor bracket - mounted on stern pulpit. Varnished teak ensign staff with flush socket mount. Screens for all opening ports and hatches, including companionway. Fenders Dock lines Jacklines – port and starboard. Bunk lee cloths – except Aft Quarterberths. Covers for all hatches, dorades, handrails, cockpit table and mug rack, and butterfly hatch.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: email@example.com om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART-FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378