- 48 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4JH3-TE diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Hours
THISTLE is a timeless Flag Blue classic Hinckley H-48 Yawl offered by Hinckley Yachts in Annapolis, Maryland whose sailing characteristics must be experienced. She was completely refitted in 2006, including new 2006 Yanmar engine, to comply with the stringent Bermuda offshore sailing regulations and also met the stringent requirements for the 2008 Newport to Bermuda Race. Great headroom, with a layout plan that includes Forward and Aft Staterooms and two Heads. Easily shown.
- Max Draft: 5'4"/11'10" Displacement: 34000
- THISTLE is a keel/centerboard Hinckley 48 Yawl and can sleep 8 in three cabins. This classic traditional interior has 6' 9" headroom in the main salon, is finished in varnished mahogany with varnished teak and holly sole and also has custom finished caned-locker doors.
- Flag Blue topsides White house and deck with tan molded in nonskid Gold leaf cove stripe White bootstripe Red bottom paint Construction: One piece molded hand laid fiberglass hull. Deck, deckhouse, and cockpit are fiberglass molded in one piece with the deck balsa core molded providing a light but rigid structure. Deck is set into a 6” flange in the hull, then fiberglassed and bolted in place. Nonskid pattern is molded into the deck and the sail locker seats. Keel: External 10,600 lb. lead keel is fastened with Everdur bolts. Centerboard: Bronze 940 lb. centerboard with Hinckley worm-gear lift with override - Electric with manual back-up. Varnished teak rub rail with stainless steel cap Deck features: Stainless steel stem head with bow roller. Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits. Stanchions and double lifelines and gates. Varnished teak toe rails, dorade boxes, handrails, aft lazarette box and covers and cockpit coaming. Double dorade forward with stainless steel dorades painted white inside with a varnished teak storage box between. Stainless steel dorade guard. Stainless steel mast guard rail port and starboard. Stainless steel genoa tracks. (2) Hatches with varnished teak boxes and translucent covers. Deck mount for spinnaker and whisker poles.
- Aft cockpit has varnished teak coamings, a forward bridge deck and pedestal wheel steering: Large opening cockpit seats double as water-sealed storage bins and sail lockers. Molded in nonskid on seat tops. Engine controls, sheets, and winches are all easily accessible. Full instrumentation panel. Cockpit binnacle has stainless steel “destroyer type” wheel steering: Binnacle mounted compass with cover. Stainless steel binnacle guard. Some cockpit amenities include: Hinckley cockpit dodger with window. Hood Awning - mainsail awning cover. Cockpit cushions Teak folding cockpit table. Teak cockpit sole grate. Forward is the varnished teak hatch that leads to the interior accommodations below.
- From the cockpit, down the aft companionway steps that lead into the Main Cabin with the Galley and Navigation Station port and starboard and the full-width Main Salon forward. Aft to port is the Master Stateroom with an Ensuite private Head. Next forward is the Forward Head and the Guest Stateroom forward most. Interior is finished: Satin-varnished mahogany interior White overhead Varnished teak and holly sole. (2) Opening hatches, (4) ports (including two-opening ports) and the companionway hatch provide natural light and ventilation. Locker doors throughout have custom cane with varnished mahogany trim INTERIOR WALK-THROUGH: Can sleep up to 8-persons in comfortable accommodations including: Aft Master Cabin, with ensuite head Galley Navigation Station Main Salon Forward Head Forward Guest Cabin AFT MASTER STATEROOM Aft to port is the Master Stateroom that has a private ensuite Head forward to starboard. The Master Stateroom features include: Wide berths are port and starboard. Drawer and drop-front storage under the berths. A seat is inboard the berth. Large hanging locker. Large opening port to the cockpit. Ensuite Private AFT HEAD: A solid mahogany door accesses the Owner's private head with shower. Features include: White Formica countertop Stainless steel sink with fixtures, including a hand-held telephone shower Hot and cold pressure water Marine head, plumbed to holding tank. Built-in waste bin Mirror over sink Locker storage outboard NEXT FORWARD AMIDSHIP: MAIN CABIN: Incorporates the Galley, Nav Station and Main Salon. The Galley and separate Navigation Station are port and starboard next forward: Separated from the next forward full-width Main Salon by half bulkheads. Convenient to Cockpit and Dining area. Opening port in Galley and Nav Station GALLEY: Amidship to port is the Galley, also convenient to the Dining area, and has a White U-shaped Formica countertop. Features include: Galley Aft: Countertop double-hatch accessed 9-cu/ft. refrigeration (engine or 12-volt driven) with ice cube trays. Storage outboard Outboard: Shipmate gimballed 3-burner propane stainless steel stove with oven - stove cover stowes behind stove. Lockers and shelf stowage outboard. Dome lights Integral mahogany handrail below the port. Forward: Double stainless steel sink with fixtures, sprayer and pressure hot and cold water. Bin storage outboard the sink that is countertop hatch accessed. Storage under the sink. NAVIGATION STATION (Starboard): Located opposite the Galley is the well-lit Navigation Station. Nav Area features include: Mahogany nav table with white formica top and multiple chart drawer storage. Dome light Electronics mounted outboard Instrument gauges and switches Electrical breaker panel Opening port over. Integral mahogany handrail below the port. Electronics and Navigation Equipment: Autohelm 5000 autopilot with HD linear. Garmin hand-held GPS - with stainless steel mount at pedestal. Raytheon R-40 radar SEA SSB radio Icom IC-M45 VHF radio Handheld VHF radio Danforth 5” Constellation compass Naviman Wind Speed, Log, Anemometer, Depth Sounder - new 2006 Chart library - Block Island to Canada Satellite antenna monted on mizzen (new 2006) MAIN SALON, Amidship: The full-width Main Salon offers: Area dining/entertaining and can sleep up to 4 persons. Full 6' 9" headroom. Full-length port and starboard integral handrails under windows. 12-volt bulkhead lighting Opening overhead hatch with screen, allows more natural light and ventilation. Port and starboard are: Cushioned settees/pull-out transom berths and a pilot berth outboard each settee. 6-Drawer storage under each fixed berth. Shelf outboard, port and starboard. Hinckley gimballed, varnished mahogany dining table - with drop-leafs. Located centerline. Seats up to 8 people. In addition: The port forward bulkhead has a varnished mahogany bookcase. Forward starboard in the Main Cabin is a full-length hanging locker with shelves. FORWARD HEAD: Located forward to port, the large separate Head has a solid mahogany door and is easily accessible by all forward accommodations. This cabin features: Shower with mixing valve and hot and cold pressure water. White formica countertop on the varnished mahogany vanity. Stainless steel sink with fixtures and hot and cold pressure water Mirror Marine head has stainless steel custom holding tank with pump-out plumbing and “Y” valve. Waste bin Locker and drawer storage Electrical outlets Forced ventilation FORWARD STATEROOM: This private Stateroom is finished in varnished mahogany and has a solid mahogany door. V-berth forward with cushions. Cushioned seat between. Drawers and stowage under berths. Shelves outboard Hanging locker aft starboard. Forward access to the divided chain locker forepeak. 12-volt bulkhead lights. Natural light and ventilation from opening hatch over.
- SAILS & RIGGING
- Famit Marine aluminum main and mizzen masts and booms (1994 - Overhauled and Awlgripped). Standing rigging of 1 x 19 super stainless steel wire to Stalock terminals, internal halyards (1993). Custom metal mast boom and masthead (New 1982) Harken roller furler. Spinnaker gear, including twin spinnaker poles and a reaching strut. Lazy jack New (2000) running rigging including main, spinnaker and staysail halyards, new main and genoa sheets, furling line, and topping lift. WINCHES: All Barient winches: (2) #28 SST winches #22 SS main sheet winch. #22’s SS on mast winch. SST reef winch on boom. SS main halyard wire winch. SS spinnaker track wire winch #1 OH SS downhaul winch (2) #10 SS mizzen winches SAILS: Newest set of sails 2006. Hood Mainsail - Fully-battened, with 3 reef points, shelf foot and flattening reef. (2) Mizzens Working Jib #2 Furling Jib Storm Jib #1 Light Genoa 180% Light Genoa #3 Genoa Spinnaker - Starcut Trysail Drifter Mizzen Staysail
- Newly installed (2006) panel for separate 12-volt DC electrical systems for starting and accessories: Separate 12-volt DC electrical systems: (2) 6-volt starting batteries. (4) 12-volt 450-amp/hr house batteries. 110-volt AC electrical system: Shore power and shore power cord. LaMarche “Constavolt” battery charger. Prosine Xantrax 2-Kw Inverter/battery charger (20002) Electrical circuit breaker panel includes: Voltmeter Ammeter Generator: Next Generation UCM2-515 generator - 175-hrs 7/2007.
- 2006 Yanmar Turbo 4JH3-TE diesel engine (210-hrs. 7/2007). New 2001: Monel shaft and Max prop. New 2000: Fuel gauges and senders (2) Engine alternators: 110-amp and 45-amp (Engine 45-amp alternator, rebuilt 2000). Allcraft 12-gallon hot water heater (new 2000) from engine or electrical system, located under the companionway steps. Little Wonder 8.5 gal/hr watermaker (New 2006) Stainless steel holding tank (new 2000) with pump-out plumbing for Y-valve. *Both heads rebuilt Winter 2000-1. Spare parts list includes: engine parts, steering cable, backstay, rigging items. Deck wash down systems. Engine-driven Jabsco bilge pump. Electric submersible bilge pump. Whale double-action bilge pump - by helm. Edson 18” diaphragm bilge pump. Fixed Halon automatic fire extinguisher. Portable fire extinguishers.
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle: Ideal electric windlass CQR 60# anchor - mounted forward in bow roller. Danforth 35# anchor (3) Anchor rodes Gale Rider anchor drogue Equipment: Custom stainless steel boarding ladder. (2) Boat hooks Dock lines Bosun’s chair Tool kit and sail repair kit Fenders, with new custom fender covers (2001) Hose Hatch dodger Hatch covers - new 2006 Dishes, utensils and galleyware Life jackets Search light Life sling Horn First aid kit Flare kit Horseshoe life rings Avon 10’2” dinghy (2001)
- 2006: New AC/DC panel New engine New Hatches installed New cushions (interior) New electronic/entertainment system. New cold-plate refrigeration system New generator New reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning New satellite antennae New main sail 2000-1: Hull was filled, faired and Awlgripped Flag Blue. Cowls rechromed and painted. Rebuilt: 45-amp engine alternator Replaced: Lifelines & gates on the stainless steel stanchions, running rigging: halyards & sheets, topping lift, & furling line. All opening ports and hatch gaskets replaced * New: Watermaker, hot water heater, monel shaft & 3 blade Max prop, safety glass to main cabin large ports, nay lights on bow pulpit, all hoses replaced & re-clamped, fuel gauges & senders. 1986-88: Re-bedding coamings, aft hatches re-glued, aft head, galley and chart table area, main salon and fo’castle wooded, stained and 7 coats of varnish, new moldings and flooring in heads, caned-front cabinets throughout, tool locker under companionway steps, new teak companionway hatch cover, teak gratings.
- THISTLE is captain maintained and ready to sail away today. She is easily seen in the water at her Oxford, Maryland location.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org