- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- FWC Diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
ARETE represents a great opportunity to become part of a very small fraternity. Only 203 Bermuda 40’s were built and less than 200 are still in existence.
This boat had lots of recent work including new engine rebuild and all new varnish after stripped. See Full Details.
- ARETE is a classic yawl-rigged early Mark III B-40 that sleeps 6 and has extra amenities for pleasurable cruising including reverse-cycle heat/AC and a tiled fireplace.
- RECENT WORK
- Recent work details that make this boat ready to go: Engine rebuild - Winter 2011-12 Exterior varnish stripped to bare wood and redone - Winter 2011-12 Decks Awlgripped - 2009 Holding Tank installed - 2009 Standing rigging replaced - 2009 New Air-conditioning - 2008 New Sea Frost refrigeration - 2008 New Boom Vang - 2008 New Inverter/charger - 2008 Hull Awlgripped - 2007 New batteries - 2007
- HULL AND DECK
- Green #131 Awlgrip Topsides White Deck and house with contrasting camel brown nonskid Dark Blue Bootstripe Blue bottom Varnished exterior teak CONSTRUCTION: Solid fiberglass hull reinforced with additional laminations in all stress areas with internal copper/lightning protection. Deck, with balsa core stiffeners, is set in a 6” molded hull flange, fiberqlassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. External lead keel - Fastened with stainless steel bolts Bronze centerboard - is operated by a worm gear with override in case grounding. Rub rail – Varnished teak with stainless steel half-round at sheer. Deck Features include: Stainless steel stem head with anchor roller, bow and stern pulpits, and stanchions with single lifelines and gates. Varnished teak toe rails, trim, hatch, lazarette and dorade boxes, handrails. Double dorades in teak dorade box with deck wash in storage area between and dorade guard. Single dorade – forward Two translucent hatches with screens.
- The spacious cockpit has stainless steel capped, inboard teak-covered cockpit coamings that include winch pockets. Wheel pedestal steering Cockpit dodger- hard top with Sunbrella front and sides Cockpit awning Teak cockpit grate Opening watertight cockpit seats offer storage. Helmsman seat – mounts on mizzen Binnacle mounted compass with cover and stainless steel binnacle guard. Varnished teak folding cockpit table and multiple-cup holder - binnacle mounted
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- Entry from the cockpit is forward down the teak-trimmed companionway into the classic 6-berth offshore interior. ARETE is finished in varnished custom Birch with white overhead and varnished teak & holly cabin sole. Features include: Tile fireplace in main salon. Marineaire reverse-cycle 16,000-BTU heat/air conditioning throughout Cushion upholstery is finished in plaid hues. Dome lights and 12-volt lighting with shades. Curtains and curtain rods throughout Dining table VESSEL WALK-THRU: GALLEY: Aft is the full-width GALLEY: Formica countertop Primrose #893 Aft, double stainless steel sink with hot and cold pressure water Port, gimbaled 3-burner propane gas stove with oven 2008 Sea Frost electric refrigeration – hatch accessed through countertop. Plenty of counter space, dish and food storage lockers Built-in dust pan with teak grate in the galley sole. NAVIGATION Area - is located in the starboard galley. Custom book/RDF shelf Chart storage. Electrical panel Flexible chart light MAIN SALON The Main Salon features: A custom blue tile fireplace is forward to starboard. There is a storage locker outboard accessed from the pilot berth. Pull-out settee/transom berths are port and starboard with pilot berths outboard. There is storage below and shelves outboard. A fixed birch drop-leaf dining table is centerline with a custom extension. A bookshelf is on forward port bulkhead. Electrical outlet (12V or 110 V) Opening translucent hatch for extra light and fresh air. HEAD (Next aft to port) Varnished birch vanity with formica countertop Stainless steel sink with fixtures and hot & cold pressure water Telephone-style shower with a separate shower fixture W-C Skipper head with y-valve and holding tank Medicine cabinet above with mirror Drawers and lockers Opening port Blue tile sole and teak grate FORWARD CABIN: This private cabin has forward access to forepeak that has chain locker. V-berth with cushions covered in plaid hues. Cushioned seat between V-berths Shelves over outboard and storage below each berth Bureau Hanging locker Opening translucent hatch provides plenty of natural light and ventilation. Electrical outlet (110-V) Navigation/Electronics Equipment: Danforth Autopilot – with course changer Icom VHF Konel RDF Raytheon Depth on stainless steel swing bracket B & G Focus Wind, Windspeed, Speed and Depth Danforth Constellation Compass – Cockpit
- SAILS & RIGGING
- Aluminum main and mizzen Stainless steel standing rigging Schaefer #3 roller furling Main boom has jiffy-reef system with cabin top track. Rigging rollers WINCHES: (2) #28 ST 2-speed Primaries – Barient with Winchmate self-tailors. (2) Secondaries - Barient Halyard winches SAILS: Main - Hood Mizzen - Hood 150% Genoa – Hood 110% Genoa - Hood Spinnaker – Hood Reacher Storm Jib Mizzen staysail and gear Sail covers for main and mizzen
- 12-Volt DC System: Separate starting and lighting battery systems. (1) Heavy-duty starting battery (4) 225-amp house batteries (2) Alternators – charge the batteries (one is 53-amps). Parallel switch – allows for emergency starting 110-Volt 30-Amp AC System: Constavolt 20-amp shore power converter with dual circuit charging and shore cord.
- Winter 2011-12 rebuild of Westerbeke 35-hp FWC diesel engine. July 2012 = 20 hours Tachometer showed 2105 hrs before engine rebuild Racor fuel filter with vacuum gauge Stainless steel shaft Engine alarm system Automatic electric bilge pump Manual bilge pump Shower pump Marineaire air conditioning - 16,000 BTU
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle Equipment: Ideal electric windlass Anchor bow roller 35# CQR anchor 20# HT anchor with chocks, nested with 12# HT anchor with chocks. Anchor chain and 200’ rode 200’ nylon rode Equipment: Freshwater deck wash – fwd 5-step boarding ladder Horseshoe life ring - with stainless steel storage brackets Life jackets Fire extinguishers Outboard bracket – on stern pulpit with davit Fenders and docklines Boat hook Horn System and engine spares
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Bob Jarrett (CPYB) - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: email@example.com ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org