- 53 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
NIRVANA is a very unique 1972 Hinckley 49 Cutter with a 4' transom extension modification installed by the Hinckley boat yard in 1985. At that time, she was also modified to a Cutter rig with a 63’11” mast height and increased sail displacement ratio to 15.6. She is a solid fiberglass hull, center-cockpit, aft-cabin, keel/centerboard 53 foot sailboat. This Henry R. Hinckley design with an aft cabin “owner’s cockpit” can serve as an agile Motorsailor and has favorable ability under sail. Nirvana has shoal-draft cruiser capability and long term, live-aboard characteristics with spacious interior volume.
NIRVANA has been maintained and upgraded over the years by an experience and knowledgeable owner. This vessel is in excellent overall condition, and represents great value for a live-aboard or long range cruiser.
The live-aboard slip at the Harbor Cay Club in Marathon Florida is also available for purchase with this vessel. This is a beautiful slip on the bay at a high quality resort-style Marina. Truly a tropical paradise, a unique opportunity.
- NIRVANA was extensively modified in 1985 by Hinckley, changing her from a Ketch rig to a Cutter, and increasing her mast height to 63' 11" enabling her to carry 1123 sq/ft of working sail, and raising her sail displacement ratio from 12.5 to 15.6. The hull was modified and increased the length of the boat from 49’ to 53’ with a transom extension. Additionally, a powerful bow sprit was also incorporated into the hull plan. The result is a superb long distance cruising sailboat with excellent sailing performance. 1992 Refit at Hinckley including a new 12.5 kW Westerbeke generator and soundsheild. (rebuild 1997) 1993 New Lehman main engine installed by Rybovich Spencer 1998 New galley and heads Corian counter tops, new sinks, new shower door, new Force 10 gimbaled 3 burner stove with broiler, and new cushions and upholstery. Her high freeboard, wide side-decks and center cockpit helm provide stability and safety offshore. The interior accommodations are large and comfortable with ample storage and an open well lit and ventilated environment.
- HULL and DECK
- Light yellow painted hull Blue bottom paint Double black boot stripe Contrasting light grey painted non-skid decks NIRVANA Exterior Features: Center cockpit design with aft-cabin cockpit Solid fiberglass hull layup Keel/Centerboard configuration Skeg hung rudder Cutter rig with roller-furling head and stay sails Raised cabin trunk fore and aft Port and starboard hull rub rail with stainless steel rub strake Varnished teak toe rails Stainless steel bow pulpit Stainless steel stern pulpit Stainless steel lifeline stanchions Varnished cabin top hand rails Varnished cabin ½-round trim White translucent acrylic hatch tops Varnished Fore and aft dorade boxes with double chromed cowl vents Fore deck varnished anchor chocks with stainless steel grab/ protection bar Stainless steel dorade grab/protection bar Stainless steel lean posts port and starboard at mast with line pin rails Mast climbing steps Radar antenna mount pole aft at stern Stainless steel grab handles aft of cockpit Aft dorade stainless steel grab/protection bar Cabintop forward Life raft in stainless steel frame holder Teak swim ladder Dockside water pressure system Hinckley custom bowsprit with double anchor roller Maxwell-Nilsson Electric anchor capstan with chain gypsy and rode winch and foot switch 66 LB Bruce anchor 45 LB CQR anchor 200 ft of chain rode Storm anchor Spare rope anchor rode Sea drogue anchor
- COCKPITS and HELM
- Varnished teak cockpit coaming top Center cockpit gangway Dodger Center cockpit Bimini top Aft-cabin Cockpit - with extended seating and dodger Cockpit cushions Line leads and sheet stops in cockpit Gangway entrance mounted Wind instruments Gangway flush-mounted Radar screen and Plotter Stereo speakers in cockpit Helm Area: Binnacle-mounted wheel steering Swivel helm chair Helm binnacle table Varnished drink holder, mounted on helm binnacle Binnacle compass, with stainless steel cover VHF radio flush-mounted at helm starboard side Pod-mounted electronics at helm
- ELECTRONICS/NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT
- Autohelm ST-7000 Autopilot Raytheon R40XX Radar Garmin 2010 GPS Plotter (2003) Raytheon 78 VHF Radio ICOM VHF Radio ICOM 700 SSB B&G Hydra 2 system with 3 monitors Helm binnacle compass Sony AM/FM 6-CD player with 6 speakers Alpine power amplifier 15” Flat-screen TV with DVD player
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- Walk-through: NIRVANA has a two-cabin arrangement that features a varnished mahogany interior and a large Owner’s Stateroom aft with a private cockpit and companionway entrance from on deck. Large twin berths include a double berth to starboard, and an ensuite Master Head with full-size shower stall to starboard. The Guest Stateroom forward features a V-bunk design with the Guest Head to port just aft, and hanging closet storage to starboard. The Galley is an inline design on the port side just aft of amidships and forward of the aft master cabin. The Main Salon features a companionway ladder access down from the cockpit; to port and forward of the galley is an L-shaped Dinette with table and to starboard is a settee/transom berth. A complete full-size Navigation Station is to starboard aft in the salon, and a pump room/work room is aft of the navigation station. Forward forepeak locker has a divided chain and rope locker; abundant storage throughout. Forward Guest Cabin: Forward is a divided chain locker Large forward V-berth with seat between Custom shelves and cabinets Hanging locker V-berth privacy door A large overhead deck hatch in v-berth with screen for light and ventilation Two port lights Hella fans Guest Head: Aft to port is the Guest Head with door access both to V-berth and Main Salon Vanity with sink Hot and cold water pressure system Mirror Cabinet storage Shower Marine toilet with holding tank A full-length Hanging locker is to starboard, opposite the guest head Main Saloon/Main Cabin : The Main Cabin has gangway stairs down from the cockpit aft; Two L-shaped settees forward port and starboard with contoured seat bottom and back cushions and pull-out transom berths. Outboard to starboard is an entertainment center with flush-mounted flat screen TV, stereo speakers, double bookshelf and liquor cabinet. The settee has drawer storage under the seating. The salon features a teak and holly varnish floor, window ports with curtains, and 12 volt lighting. Navigation Station : Aft of the starboard settee seating area is a full-sized custom Nav Station with a chart table and chart drawer storage below. Additional drawer storage and cabinet storage is below the chart table. The Navigation Station has flush-mounted electronics overhead and bracket-mounted SSB radios, 12-volt lighting and additional storage compartments. Aft of the Navigation Station on the starboard side is a pump/work room with a work bench, electrical breaker panels, access to the engine compartment and mechanical and pump systems, plus storage. The port side Salon forward settee features drawer storage under the seating, a varnished drop-leaf Dining Table with drawer storage. Outboard cabinet storage with sliding door-fronts, 12-volt lighting and window ports with curtains. Galley: Just aft of the main salon on the starboard side is the straight-line galley with access to the aft owner's cabin. The galley features: Upgraded Corian countertops 12-volt Grunert refrigeration with freezer Gimbaled Force 10 3-burner stove top and broiler Panasonic microwave Double sink and pressurized water system with a manual fresh water pump. Fitted storage compartments for china and flatware, as well as storage outboard and below the counters. 12-volt lighting, window ports with curtains Hella fans Cabinet storage with sliding door fronts, spice rack and book shelf inboard. Engine access panel inboard and below additional counter top work space. Master Cabin, Aft : Double berth arrangement. This cabin features a a varnished teak and holly sole and a single berth to port and an extra-wide double berth to starboard. A custom chest of drawers forward with a mirror over the bureau, storage lockers and cabinets as well as two hanging lockers. Window ports with curtains, 12-volt lighting, overhead hand rails. A private head is forward to starboard with a marine toilet with holding tank and pump-out system. A separate shower stall, upgraded sink and vanity with pressure waters system, mirror, medicine cabinet and opening window port. There is are steps aft up to the private cockpit with outside seating area, a dodger protects this area and cockpit cabin doors and sliding hatch can secure the aft cabin.
- SAILS and RIGGING
- All running rigging was replaced and the mast was re-wired and new sails were supplied.(1996 - 1998) Mack stackpack system with lazy jacks (1998) 2003 Rebuilt hydraulic boom vang 2006 New headstay and fittings 2009 New main halyard and Genoa furling line Harken roller-furling system Genoa and Staysail (1996) Harken mainsheet traveler Navtec hydraulic boom vang 6 – Spinlock preventer clutches 2 – Flag halyards WINCHES: 2 - Barient #32 primary electric winches 2 - Barient #28 secondary electric winches 2 - Barient # 27 winches 2 - Barient #16 winches 1 - Barient #22 winch SAILS: North Mainsail fully-battened with Harken batcar system (1998) North Genoa and Staysail - furling Main sail cover
- Westerbeke 12.5 KW Generator - 661 hrs 12-Volt electrical distribution panel with breakers 120-Volt electrical distribution panel with breakers (2) 50-amp 120-volt shore power connections (7) 12 Volt wet cell batteries (2009) (1) 4D Engine starting battery Xantrex 50-amp Battery charger (2009) Prowatt 1500 Inverter system (2009) Xantrex Link 20 battery monitor (2009)
- 1993 Ford Lehman 135-HP 1993 (approx 2000 hrs) Borg Warner Transmission Dripless propeller shaft seal 7-HP bow Thruster 3-Blade Maxi - Prop feathering propeller 12-Gallon Allcraft marine water heater 16,000-btu forward air-conditioning system 12,000-btu aft air-conditioning system with new digital control Two electric bilge pumps One manual bilge pump Automatic fire suppression system in engine compartment (2) Holding tanks New plumbing in 2009
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Bob Jarrett - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: email@example.com ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org