- 40 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
BROAD ARROW is a professionally maintained 6-berth Bermuda 40 yawl. Her recent upgrades include a Yanmar diesel engine, new WC head, Garmin radar, GPS and a Schattauer main, mizzen and blade. This beautiful Aristo Blue yacht offers many future hours of sailling pleasure. Instead of saying, “someday,” make today the day to start your B-40 journey.
- When someone mentions Hinckley, the next words are often Bermuda 40. There are less than 200 B-40’s in the world and since their beginnings in the early 60’s, they have been recognized as one of the prettiest boats on the water and their world travels have earned them a reputation as one of the most iconic sailboats afloat. BROAD ARROW is a fine example of this classic yacht, and in the words of her owner: “Form stability of hull allows us to sail up to about 28 knots apparent before needing to single reef the main. Because I sail her single-handed much of the time, all instruments are led to cockpit and GPS and radar overlay are led to the binnacle. That said, she’s ready for serious cruising."
- HULL and DECK
- Aristo Blue Awlgrip topsides White deck and house with gray molded-in nonskid Single White boottop Green bottom paint Varnished exterior teak Construction: Solid fiberglass hull reinforced with additional laminations in all stress areas with internal copper/lightning protection. Deck, with balsa core stiffeners, is set in a 6” molded hull flange, fiberqlassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint. External lead keel - Fastened with stainless steel bolts Bronze centerboard - is operated by a worm gear with override - in case grounding. Varnished teak guard rail - with stainless steel half-round. Deck includes: Stainless steel stem head with integrated chocks and anchor roller Custom anchor-chain deck guard Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines (new 2001) and gates Varnished teak toe rails, trim, lazarette hatches, handrails Two chrome dorades in fiberglass boxes. Single chrome forepeak dorade. Two white translucent hatches with varnished trim on cabin top Screens for all hatches
- The Cockpit features a high cockpit coaming of varnished teak with built-in winch pockets. Equipment and sail locker storage is available in the locking, opening, watertight cockpit seats with molded in nonskid. Teak cockpit grate Cockpit Dodger with ‘Betty Bar’ Cockpit cushions HRH fold-down varnished teak cockpit table with fold-down leaves - binnacle mounted The spacious cockpit has wheel pedestal steering: Stainless steel steering wheel with elkhide covered rim Stainless steel binnacle guard with mounted nav instrument (radar and GPS) display 6 “ Constellation Compass is binnacle mounted with stainless steel cover Engine gauges – integral mounted in cockpit helm area Pedestal-mounted throttle controls Custom removable combination cup/glass holder/storage box – binnacle mounted
- ELECTRONICS/Navigation Equipment
- Garmin HD Radar (2008) – dome mounted on mizzen mast Garmin GPS (2007) Signet wind speed and direction instruments Standard Horizon 400 foot fathometer Standard Horizon GX2100 25 watt VHF with AIS Signet Boat Speed
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- The Interior is varnished Brunzeel mahogany with a white overhead and a varnished teak and holly cabin sole. 12-volt fans in the forward stateroom and salon Opening ports – 2 in forward cabin, 1 in the head, 3 in the salon (2) 12-volt automobile-type sockets for charging cell phone, etc. BROAD ARROW has a standard offshore 6-berth interior plan: MAIN CABIN - includes GALLEY aft with stbd NAV Area, forward SALON area including hanging lockers fwd to stbd HEAD - Fwd to port FORWARD STATEROOM - private Entry to the interior accommodations is down the cockpit companionway steps that includes a locker at the top step and enters into the aft MAIN CABIN. Main Salon is separated from the Galley and Nav Area by half bulkheads. Blue seat and bunk cushions (new 2000) below Varnished mahogany handrails over and integral handrails outboard Opening overhead hatch with screen Companionway hatch screen Shipmate solid-fuel heating stove Aft: GALLEY AND NAV AREA: The Galley has plenty of counter space and stowage. Dome lighting over countertops To Port: 3-burner propane stove with oven and Marinetics switch - hideaway cover offers more counter space Double stainless steel sink aft Single-lever faucet and pressure hot/cold freshwater Varnished teak glass rack Starboard: Ice box - holds 80-pounds of block and 40-pounds of crushed ice Additional dish storage outboard NAV AREA: The starboard galley area also doubles as the NAV AREA. Chart table is the refrigeration countertop Chart storage above the countertop Circuit breaker panel aft MAIN SALON (Amidships): Pull-out transom berth/settees, port and starboard Pilot berths outboard, port and starboard 12 Additional drawers plus shelves 3 Hanging lockers and liquor locker are forward of the berths. Shipmate cabin heater – bulkhead mounted forward Centerline: Mahogany drop-leaf dining table HEAD (Forward Port): Stainless steel sink and faucets - with hot & cold pressure water. Handheld pressure shower (fresh water) Teak sole grate Wilcox-Crittenden Skipper head (2008) - plumbed to the holding tank and Y-valve system with macerator pump Medicine cabinet Linen locker and drawers Hamper Mirror FORWARD STATEROOM: Private Stateroom with v-berths - Can be fitted with insert to make double berth Seat between the berths Bookshelves – outboard of the berths Hanging locker Bureau Opening hatch with screen There is access to the forepeak chain locker and an opening hatch to the foredeck.
- SAILS and RIGGING
- HRH fabricated single spreader aluminum spars with 1x19 stainless steel standing rigging to swaged terminals and rod lug tensioners. Harken roller-furling jib system Full width Harken traveler aft end of cockpit Spinnaker gear including reaching strut Lazy jack system for mainsail New cap shrouds (1998) New running rigging except sheets (2008) WINCHES: All Barient (2) #28 Primaries (2) #20 Secondaries (1) #16 - Jib halyard (1) #16 - Main halyard (2) #16 - for spinnaker halyard and mainsheet winch (1) #10 - Mizzen halyard SAILS: Main - Schattauer (2008) Mizzen - Schattauer (2000) Working jib - Schattauer (1996) Storm jib - Hood #1 Genoa - Hood #2 Genoa - North Symmetrical spinnaker - Hood Mizzen Staysail - Hood Asymmetrical spinnaker - Schattauer (2000) 175% Genoa/Flanker - 4 oz. Hood
- Electronics and electrical bonding system to keel. Separate 12-volt systems for engine starting and accessories Distribution panel includes separate 110-volt system. 12-volt DC system: Starting battery - 12-volt Surrette battery for engine House batteries - (4) Surrette 12-volt batteries for accessories 60-amp engine alternator – charges both start and ‘house bank’ Override switch allows engine to be started from house batteries 110-volt AC shore power system: 30-amp x 50’ shore power cord
- 2007 Yanmar 55-hp diesel engine FWC Stainless steel shaft 16” dia PYI MaxProp 3-blade feathering prop Shaft lock abolished Water-drop exhaust system Racor fuel filter Tachometer Ammeter Oil pressure and temperature gauges Engine alarm system 12-volt/engine heat hot water heater Stainless steel hot water tank Pressure hot & cold fresh water system Automatic 12-volt bilge pump with float switch Back-up 12-volt bilge pump Manual bilge pump operates from cockpit Shower sump pump Fuel = 48-gallon monel tank - cleaned and pressure tested (2005) Freshwater = 110-gallons in 3 stainless steel tanks Holding = 25-gallon holding tank Engine compartment blower
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ideal electric windlass - with foredeck foot control Simpson Lawrence 45 # CQR anchor on bow roller Second 20 # Danforth HT anchor with chain and 200 ft Nylon backing 35 #Yachtsman anchor - in chocks (2) Anchor rodes 3/8” BBB chain with nylon backing Salt water washdown system for chain EQUIPMENT: Boarding ladder (location unknown at the moment) Dock lines Fenders Fenderboard Boat hook Bosun’s chair (1) Horseshoe lifering w/light and MOB pole Life jackets Jack lines - P & S full-length Galley harness Flare pistol MOB pole Propane grill Fire extinguishers (3) Spare parts Dyer 8’ rowing dinghy Sunbrella full winter cover (see photo)
- The Seller says, "would be willing to consider sailing with the new Owners for a day, if the weather is reasonable, to show them how the various systems work."
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: email@example.com