- 52 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4JH2-DTE FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
DIANA is a highly customized one owner 1992 Hinckley Sou'wester 52. Extensive upgrades and details were specified by her highly experienced and knowledgeable owner during the build process. This 3-staterooms and 2-heads boat with a keel + centerboard underbody was designed for extended offshore and islands cruising.
DIANA is a one owner Hinckley that has been maintained and stored in the off-season by Hinckley Yacht Services in Stuart, Florida. She has a custom steel storage cradle for off-season. In excellent condition, DIANA is ready to take you to the islands.
- Some unique features that set DIANA apart from other vessels in her class are centerboard-up draft of 5'10", recent hull Awlgrip, a 5-Kw Northern Lights generator, two reverse-cycle air-conditioning systems, water maker, electric winches, raised cockpit bridge deck, diesel tank clean-out ports, additional insulation, teak countertops in the galley, satin-cherry interior with 6' 6" headroom throughout and a custom designed saloon table that can accommodate 10 people.
- HULL AND DECK
- Flag Green Awlgrip Topsides (New 2007) White Cabin house and deck with cloud gray molded-in nonskid. Gold leaf Cove: Cove stripe, name and hail. Single White Boottop Red Bottom Varnished exterior teak trim. CONSTRUCTION: Custom conventional transom: True LOA = 51’ 3”. Hull and Deck are constructed of Kevlar/E-glass hybrid knit fabric. Awlgripped rub rail at the sheer, with stainless steel half-round. Bronze seacocks. Keel: External 14,600 lb. lead ballast keel secured to hull with stainless steel bolts. Centerboard: Reinforced fiberglass with lead weight added. Operates through slot in lead keel. Balanced spade rudder - mounted on a stainless steel rudder post. Deck features include: Custom stainless steel stemhead with integrated chocks, stainless steel bow and stern pulpits and all stainless steel deck hardware. Foredeck teak chafe-guard for chain. Bow roller and custom second small portside stem iron anchor roller. Polished stainless steel recessed genoa tracks outboard port and starboard. Custom stern deck hatch. Large lazarette with shelf. Transom includes aft corner chocks and taff-rail. Large storage locker on the port foredeck for fenders and/or anchor, with shelf for OB motor tank. Freshwater deck wash with deck mounted spigot. Custom gangway fittings on bow with pipe storage in sail locker. Double lifelines and gates. Tinted ports. All opening ports and hatches have screens. Deck hatches with white plexiglass tops. Cowl ventilators – includes one in forepeak. Forward dorade box with cowl vents has a watertight 12-volt outlet.
- AFT COCKPIT
- Teak rimmed cut-down cockpit coaming for additional seating width. Varnished teak capped coaming with four storage pockets trimmed in stainless steel. Teak inlaid insulated cockpit sole. Teak hatch companionway forward to interior accommodations – has companionway board stowage over. Raised bridgedeck - gives water intrusion protection for the gangway entrance to the cabin and below decks. Insulated sail locker with stainless steel line rack and shelf. Shorthanded sailing cockpit set-up. Edson pedestal wheel steering includes: Stainless steel 44” wheel. Single throttle and shift engine control lever. Cockpit engine instruments include bow thruster panel. Steering binnacle has a mounted compass with stainless steel cover and binnacle guard. Also easily accessible are the: Winches Navigational instruments, including gauges mounted over companionway. Other cockpit features: Dodger – Weblon with zipper front window and elkhide covered stainless steel grab rail. Bimini Cockpit cushions Table - Pedestal mounted teak folding table with extension, stores in bag. Cockpit speakers Stainless steel guard over cockpit screened portlight.
- INTERIOR ACCOMMODATIONS
- Well-appointed, DIANA has a beautifully finished, varnished cherry interior with an off-white overhead. There is a satin-urethane varnished teak and holly cabin sole that has a built in teak grate and fiberglass pan dustpan. There are varnished cherry integral handrails outboard port and starboard below the portlights throughout. 6'6" headroom throughout and all bunks. All lockers have louvered doors. (7) Raised panel cabin doors. Hella fans Lee cloths (2) Cruiseaire reverse-cycle air conditioners. Frigast 12-volt lights, dome lights and also step lights at the companionway. Dorade closures Espar heat All berths are 2-meters 5-cm long. Heads have a wet gear section. Hanging lockers are sheathed in aromatic cedar. Layout - Tri-cabin plan includes two heads: Aft Owner’s cabin with an ensuite Head. Galley Navigation Station Full-width Main Salon – with dinette Two Forward Guest Cabins - with separate entries to the shared forward head. Forward Head Yacht Entertainment Electronics include: Panasonic 12-volt 13” TV and AC/DC videocassette player – TV/FM 12-volt outlet + antenna at masthead. Sony CDX-R77 CD player with XK-8D cassette and one pair ADS 300i speakers on bulkhead. AFT COMPANIONWAY from the cockpit: The oiled teak aft companionway steps have: Cherry hatch with screen at the companionway. Grab rail starboard. Shelf storage behind the steps. These steps are movable for access to the insulated generator area. AFT OWNER’S SUITE: Down the companionway steps immediately to port is the Owner’s cabin that includes an ensuite head forward. Cabin features include: V-berth - double berth created with adapter and cushion. Shelves over outboard. Oversized hanging locker with storage beneath Custom bottle rack. Opening ports with screens. Custom insulated bulkheads, forward aft and inboard. Marineair reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning vent. The Owner’s Head forward is finished in varnished cherry and has: Vanity with Adobe Brown Avonite countertop and teak backsplash. Stainless steel sink with Grohe fixtures, hot and cold pressure water, and a hand pump. Separate shower area with Grohe fixtures, seat and shower curtain. Stainless steel towel/handrail. Marine head to holding tank with Y-valve. Shelf outboard. Ventilation blower. Opening port with screen. MAIN CABIN - The full-width main cabin includes: Main Salon Navigation Station Galley - Aft GALLEY: Aft starboard, opposite the aft cabin, is the U-shaped GALLEY to starboard of the companionway and handy to the cockpit: Teak countertops Double stainless steel sink is under-mounted. Grohe fixtures, hot and cold pressure water, and freshwater manual hand pump. Shipmate alcohol stove with ”navy-style” burners and shut-off valve. Microwave oven Grunert AR-50 12-volt DC top-loading refrigerator and separate freezer aft. Sliding, louvered cherry door storage lockers. Custom Hinckley dish rack. Waste basket Knife rack Spice rack and hooks. NAVIGATION STATION Forward of the galley to starboard, the Nav Station faces aft. Large opening cherry nav desk Cushioned nav seat is also the aft end of the starboard settee. Small box storage area outboard nav seat. Built-in instrumentation 12-volt/110-volt distribution breaker panel. Remote generator panel. Chartlight Cable TV and phone inlet, phone jack. WEMPE Clock and Barometer - at Nav Station MAIN SALON: The full-width main salon has a large Dinette area to port and a custom Settee area to starboard that includes the entertainment center. Ports with screens and curtains outboard. Overhead opening hatches with screens. Marineair reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning vent. To Port: Large Dinette area has cushioned seating that wraps almost around the custom dining table. This affords plenty of relaxed seating area when entertaining or dining: The outboard port settee is a berth with an inboard sliding extension. Satin-urethaned custom cherry dining table can pivot off-center with pedestal centered. Outboard, the dinette there are forward and aft louvered door lockers with a bookshelf between. Frigast 12-volt light is mounted forward and aft. Built-in entertainment center locker houses the 13” TV & VHS/VCR. The main cabin has two recessed speakers for the stereo system. To Starboard: Custom settee, is a berth with an inboard extension. 12-volt Frigast light Outboard - cherry bookcase and a liquor locker forward with bottle rack and glasses shelf. Additional storage behind settee. Custom 10” table 3-leg on stbd settee – stores in aft hanging locker. PORT FORWARD GUEST CABIN: Forward of the main salon, this cabin has a solid cherry door to separate it from the rest of the accommodations. A second door forward leads to the forward head that is shared with the starboard guest cabin. Cabin features include: Large double berth - with custom shelves under large storage drawers. Bookshelf outboard. Hanging locker forward. Locker stowage above hanging locker. Opening port with curtain. Twin stainless steel Frigast lights on the aft bulkhead. Opening overhead hatch with screen. Marineair reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning vent. FORWARD STARBOARD GUEST CABIN: This cabin has upper and lower berths and is similar to the port guest cabin with a solid cherry door to separate it from the main salon and a second door forward that leads to the forward head that is shared port guest cabin. Over/under single berths. Storage shelves outboard. Hanging locker forward with locker outboard. Ventilation overhead deck hatch Opening port with curtain Marineair reverse-cycle heat/air conditioning. FORWARD HEAD: Forward of the two cabins is the two-entry door head that also has a bulkhead door forward for access to forepeak/chain locker storage, that includes a shelf. The Forward Head is finished in white “easy to clean” fiberglass with teak integrated in the sole. Adobe Brown Avonite countertop with teak splashback. Stainless steel sink with fixtures and hot and cold pressure water and hand pump. Large medicine cabinet over sink. Mirror on forward bulkhead. Marine manual head with LectraSan treatment system. Separate shower spray fixture, control and shower curtain. Custom Hinckley stainless steel towel/grab bar. Aft teak grate sole has a shower sump. Teak grate seat. Storage locker. Opening port and large overhead opening hatch with screen supply ventilation. Custom fold-down steps allow emergency exit through the forward hatch. ELECTRONICS/NAVIGATION EQUIPMENT: Autopilots (2) - Simrad AP-26 Autopilot and Simrad AP-20 Autopilot Radar - Furuno 1830 Radar with fluxgate compass GPS (2) - Garmin 76 GPS and Magellan Nav DVX 10 handheld GPS - with nav station and helm mounts. Datamarine Corinthian Wind Speed, Wind Directon, Depth, Boatspeed. SSB - ICOM M-600 VHF - Raymarine 80 IRIDIUM Sat Phone AIS Radar System Metoliner Barograph Close haul indicator Ritchie compass - cockpit
- SAILS & RIGGING
- Hood electric stoway double-spreader mast (Light Gray Awlgripped) with preventors and electric cockpit winches that allow shorthanded sailing. Topping lift on the boom and there is a mast bale. Navtec stainless steel rod standing rigging and Navtec turnbuckles. Harken III roller-furling headstay. Harken backstay tensioner. Insulated backstay. Removable inner forestay including halyard and winch. Trysail track with halyard. Barbarossa quikvang – leads back to cockpit. Double turning blocks. (2) Spinnaker halyards, (2) Genoa halyards and block, extra Jib halyard, Flag halyard. Spinnaker pole mounted on deck and inboard Harken pole track. WINCHES: DIANA’s main and genoa halyard winches are on the mast. All others are deck winches. (2) #36 STC electric primary winches - Barient - aft in cockpit for easy shorthanding. #32 STC secondaries - Barient #27 STC winches – Main sheet, jib halyard, forestaysail and spinnaker halyard. Main halyard reel winch with wire halyard. #22 STC winch - Reefing (4) Locking winch handles SAILS: Stoway Main sail – (1992), with built-in blocks. #3 Genoa – 6.5 oz SR fabric - (1992) Trysail - (1992) Staysail – Dacron (1992) Storm jib – International orange (1992) Storm Trysail - International orange (1992)
- 12-VOLT DC and 110-VOLT AC systems. Separate heavy-duty 12-Volt battery banks system for the engine and house accessories: Engine: 12-volt gel-cell battery – charged by 55-amp alternator. House Accessories: (4) 6-volt batteries = 440-amp/hr total. – charged by 140-amp alternator. Charging starting and lighting batteries can also be by generator alternator or battery charger. Two separate isolated 12-volt batteries – power 24-volt bow thruster with separate breaker and 24-volt charger. Battery parallel switch Battery Bank Manager II 12-volt outlets 110-Volt AC power is supplied by: (2) Shore cords - 50-foot, 30-amp Sentry 40-amp battery charger with 110-volt outlets and modified circuit breaker panel. Generator power. Northern Lights 5-KW Generator (2,595 hrs 3/21/2014) - in sound enclosure and rubber-mounted, and includes an intake blower. Dual alternator and a remote panel at nav station. More: Heavy copper strapping bonds all circuits, major mechanical components and rigging to the keel for grounding. Electrical distribution panel is located in the Nav Station area.
- The sound insulated engine compartment is easily accessed. Engine space room has dome lighting. The engine is soft-mounted with Scatra-drive coupling for quiet and vibration free operation. Also rubber-mounted to isolate vibration are the muffler, refrigerator, air conditioning, generator and generator box. Yanmar 4JH2-DTE 88-hp marine turbo diesel engine with a 2.7:1 reduction gear transmission, stainless steel shaft and 3-blade auto-pitch prop. Racor fuel filter Engine alarm system for oil and overheat. Water-lift type muffler Tank tender tank gauges Electric oil transfer systems for engine and generator. MORE: 12-gallon stainless steel hot water tank - with water heated by the engine or 110-volt electrical power. Freshwater pump Saltwater pump with strainer, Balmar pressure pump (5) Stainless steel water tanks. (2) Heavy-gauge aluminum alloy fuel tanks. Custom alcohol tank has pumps removed and valve for air pump. 12-volt electric bilge pump and one Whale Gusher 30 manual bilge pump. Fiberglass sump tank with electric pump. Emergency tiller steering. Sea Recovery SRC 600-gal/day watermaker Espar D5L forced-air diesel heater, with silencer. City water connector. Blowers - Engine room and generator compartment. (2) Cruisaire reverse-cycle heat/air conditioners – powered by 115-volt AC power via shore cords or via the generator.
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle Equipment: Electric Simpson Lawrence 1200 windlass with rope/chain gypsy 60 lb. CQR anchor with 5/8” x 200’ anchor chain. 31 lb. Fortress anchor – stored forward 80 lb. Luke storm anchor – with bilge bracket 200’ x 7/8” nylon rode + 20’ x ½” HT galvanized chain. 20’ x 5/16” chain for spare anchor. Equipment: Transom swim ladder Masthead tri-color/strobe light Steaming light Running lights - International Electric 12-volt dual trumpet horns Cockpit deck shower – with Simmons mixing valve Jack lines Flag staff Lee cloths Covers for (5) hatches, 1 double dorade and 2 single dorade, windlass, electric winch motors. Burglar alarm (3) Halon fire extinguishers MOB light MOB pole Life jackets Life rings - with stainless steel brackets. Windex Lensref radar reflector Avon 8-man liferaft Outboard motor bracket Freshwater deck wash Docklines Fenders Varnished teak ensign staff with flush socket mount.
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 or E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Wythe Ingebritson Cell: 207-664-8111 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Broker: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: email@example.com ♦ Broker: Joe Dwyer Cell: 401-578-2919 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org ♦ Broker: Dana Davidson ( non-Hinckley specialist ) Cell: 401-965-1684 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 401-683-7005 ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org om Office: 410-263-0095 STUART- FL: Broker: Tripper Vincent Cell: 561-262-3900 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 or E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378