- 44 (ft.)
- Hull Material
- Fuel Type
- Engine Model
- 4JHTE FWC diesel
- Number of Engines
- Engine Type
- Engine Hours
The Mason 44 is a classic, full keel, offshore yacht. She is a solid glass layup by Ta Shing and excellent craftmanship. RECESS is a summer Maine used boat in great condition and priced to sell!
- RECESS has a comfortable Mason 44 standard layout that offers 6' 3" headroom. She sleeps six in forward and aft staterooms and the main salon, and has a separate nav station, and head with separate shower.
- HULL and DECK
- Flag Blue topsides Teak cockpit White deck with molded-in grey nonskid White cabin top with molded-in nonskid Gold cove stripe Double white boot top Cetol teak exterior trim Hull is hand laid solid one-piece fiberglass construction – Lloyds +100A1. Deck and cockpit are molded in one piece balsa -cored sandwich fiberglass construction with molded-in non-skid pattern on deck, cabin top and cockpit. The joint is then fiberglassed and through bolted with 3/8" stainless steel bolts and fender washers to and securing the teak toe rail. Full keel underbody with attached rudder 6’ 5” Draft PU foam hull insulation to 18” below waterline Deck features: Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines Cetol teak toe rails, hand rails and deck trim Cetol teak dorade boxes with chrome dorades – One dual forward and three singles Stainless steel dual dorade guard forward and one single aft (2) Stainless steel mast pulpits (4) Translucent hatches forward with varnished teak boxes Stainless steel genoa tracks Stainless steel cleats and chocks including modified bow chocks that allow lines to be dropped through.
- Dodger - White cockpit dodger with windows Cushions Awning Bimini The spacious, comfortable cockpit has a varnished cetol teak coaming cap, cetol teak seat tops and a teak grate sole. There are opening seat lockers for storage of sails and cruising gear. Companionway is offset to starboard and has varnished teak companionway boards, as well as teak trimmed screen insert and plexi-glass insert. Forward opening port light with screen to aft cabin. KVH Speed & Depth Raymarine ST 60 wind instrument Autopilot - mounted separately in coaming Cockpit gauges include tachometer, lube/oil pressure, water temperature mounted in coaming. Pedestal wheel steering: Teak wheel with stainless steel spokes Teak fold-down pedestal table with folding leaves Binnacle mounted Ritchie 5” Compass Stainless steel pedestal guard Engine controls Mounted electronic instruments
- HELM & NAVIGATION ELECTRONICS
- Autohelm ST-6000+ Autopilot Furuno Radar at Nav and repeater at helm Raytheon 398GPS ICOM M-55 VHF Sea 235 SSB Heart interface Link 200 KVH Quadro system KVH Speed & Depth - Cockpit Raymarine ST 60 wind instrument - Cockpit
- ACCOMMODATIONS BELOW
- RECESS is finished in varnished teak in the forward cabin, main salon and aft cabin and sleeps six in forward and aft staterooms and the main salon. The overhead is white with varnished teak trim and varnished teak and spruce sole. Head and galley are finished in white Herreshoff-style with varnished teak trim. 5" cushions covered in Blue. Force 10 propane bulkhead heater All hatches have screens All opening ports have screens and are stainless steel trimmed Entertainment is provided with a Maxima stereo. Clock, Barometer and Temperature by Weems & Plath Vessel Walkthrough: FORWARD CABIN: V-berth with drawers and lockers under. Port and starboard lockers with louvered doors are over outboard Louvered door forward access to forepeak storage Hanging locker to starboard 12-volt lighting mounted on starboard and port aft bulkheads Dome light over forward berth at access door. Opening hatch with screen Opening port with screen is port and starboard HEAD: Next aft to port is the Head with a separate shower and entrance from the main salon. The head is finished in white with varnished teak trim. Features include: Separate molded fiberglass shower with shower curtain, teak seat and watertight stowage under seat, stainless steel towel bar and a teak sole grate. Stainless steel sink with fixtures and hot and cold pressure water Wilcox Crittenden head - plumbed to a holding tank Medicine cabinet with mirror Large louvered door storage locker behind the head Teak towel bar Dual 120-volt outlet Dome light in head and in shower Opening port with screen Small opening overhead hatch with screen MAIN SALON: The Main Salon is finished in varnished teak with white overhead and teak trim. There is an opening hatch overhead, four opening stainless steel trimmed ports with screens and fixed ports for plenty of natural light and ventilation. There is a varnished teak hand rail overhead to starboard and integral varnished teak handrails outboard port and starboard. To port: U-shaped Dinette - has storage under and behind the cushions. Varnished teak dining table. Outboard are louvered door lockers and a book-shelf alcove. Swivel lights over-outboard Starboard: There is a pull-out transom berth/settee and over outboard louvered door storage lockers and bookshelf alcove. More storage is under and behind settee cushions. Back rest swings up to make a second over/under bunk. Forward is a hanging locker with shelf-top storage in addition. Next is a multi-drawer dresser with shelf top and an additional louvered door locker over outboard. There is a dual 120-volt outlet above the dresser. A small opening overhead hatch with screen is just inboard of the forward hanging locker GALLEY: Next to port is the U-shaped white formica galley separated from the main salon by a half bulkhead with varnished teak cap and integral handhold. The white formica countertop is forward and aft with the Force 10 stove outboard. Forward Deep double stainless steel sink with fixtures and sprayer, hot and cold pressure water, and a fresh and saltwater foot pumps. Countertop accessed bin storage is outboard the sink. Outboard: Mariner gimbaled 3-burner propane stove with oven and glass door, sniffer, and shut-off . There is a safety bar grab rail in front of the stove and a light above it. Additional louvered door locker storage is forward and aft outboard the countertop Just outboard the forward countertop is a dual 12-volt outlet and a propane monitor. Aft: Icebox is accessed through the countertop lids or a front door. A teak trimmed shelf is on the aft bulkhead as well as a paper towel rack mounted below. 12-volt light is above the shelf and countertop A dual louvered door locker is above the shelf A pantry and more storage is inboard. There is plenty of storage space in drawers, countertop and shelf space, and louvered door lockers. Large fixed ports and an opening overhead hatch with screen offer plentiful natural light to this area. OWNER’ STATEROOM (Aft Port): A pocket door separates this cabin from the rest of the accommodations. This cabin in finished in varnished teak with teak sheathing outboard. Large double extra-long berth to port. Louvered door storage lockers and storage alcoves are over outboard and inboard on the forward bulkhead Hanging locker inboard. Aft and inboard is a 4-drawer bureau with shelf top and mirror over aft and a dual 120-volt outlet inboard 12-volt light is mounted on the forward bulkhead Opening stainless steel trimmed ports with screen are outboard and to cockpit. NAVIGATION STATION (Aft Starboard): Across to starboard is the varnished teak navigation station with a large nav desk and separate swing-out cushioned stainless steel nav chair. The opening nav desk has storage for charts and nav tools, as well as drawer and locker storage. On the forward bulkhead is a mounted chart light, and a custom chart/book case. Outboard are mounted instruments and a storage shelf Aft is the distribution panel. There is a dome light and a deck prism over the desk There is a large fixed port over the nav area. The nav station is convenient to the galley and the cockpit. EPIRB is bulkhead mounted. Aft of the Nav area is a hanging locker with a shelf-top and another locker storage area. COCKPIT COMPANIONWAY: Offset to starboard and aft of the nav station is the 5-step companionway to the cockpit. There is a drain with teak grate at the base of the steps. Outboard starboard of the steps are stowage cubby-holes built in aft.
- SAILS and RIGGING
- Equipped for cruising: Hood stoway mast Stainless steel 1 x19 standing rigging with swaged terminals Harken Sea furl roller furling Adjustable spinnaker pole Removable staysail stay WINCHES: (Lewmar chrome self-tailing) #55STCPrimary winches #40 ST Secondaries #30 ST halyard winches #30 ST main sheet winch #16 ST reefing winch SAILS: Stoway Main - North 135%Genoa(1996) – Roller furling Gennaker – North Sails
- 12-VOLT DC system: (1) Starting battery (6) 6-Volt house batteries Parallel switch to all 3-batteries, allows emergency engine start Battery charging from hi-output engine alternator 110-VOLT AC systems: 110-volt shore power system with shore power cables. PAE Mason 44 deluxe electrical distribution panel at nav station.
- 2009 Yanmar 4JHTE 54-hp FWC diesel engine with high output alternator, Hurth transmission, stainless steel shaft and propeller. Engine alarm Tachometer, lube/oil pressure, water temperature Bilge blower, Shower sump pump Xintex M-2 propane monitor, monitor, shut-off and two tanks and switching system Fuel shut-off valve Electric bilge pump and a manual bilge pump 110-volt hot water heater with engine heat exchanger. 200-gallons freshwater in (5) water tanks 40-gallons holding tank
- ADDITIONAL EQUIPMENT
- Ground Tackle: Nilsson V-3000 electric windlass 45# CQR anchor mounted on bow roller with 200’ x 3/8” HT chain Danforth secondary anchor 10’ x 3/8” HT chain + 200’ x 5/8” rode Equipment: Custom boarding ladder on aft pulpit Stainless steel dinghy davits Docklines Fenders Horseshoe lifering - with stainless steel bracket and light Lifesling Staysail stay holder on mast pulpit
- The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.
- Hinckley Brokerage Offices: SOUTHWEST HARBOR-ME: Broker: Bob Pooler Cell: 207-460-7589 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 207-244-5531 PORTSMOUTH, RI: Office: 401-683-7005 • Brokers: Ted Gersen (CPYB) Cell: 401-338-2717 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org • Bob Jarrett (CPYB) - Cell: 203-600-8692 E-mail: email@example.com ANNAPOLIS, MD: Broker: Peter Howard (CPYB) Cell: 443-852-0193 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 410-263-0193 STUART- FL: Broker: Prescott Brown Cell: 772-538-2140 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 772-403-5387 NAPLES-FL: Broker: Jack Erbes Cell: 401-418-2188 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Office: 239-261-2879 HARBOR SPRINGS-MI: Broker: Marty Letts Cell: 231-330-3680 E-mail: email@example.com Office: 231-526-4378 CHICAGO-IL: Broker: Ryan McPheeters Cell: 312-860-9474 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org